Summary:

Allowing herself to have a crush was her first mistake.  Her second was believing that she could control her feelings.  It all seemed to snowball after that, and now Rylee-Jean Anderson is fighting to save her friendship as well as fighting off the feelings she'd developed for her best friend's man.


Rated: R
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama, Romance
Series: None
Chapters: 29 Completed: Yes
Word count: 60847 Read: 96639
Published: Aug 28, 2007 Updated: Dec 11, 2008
Send To: Printer or Microsoft Word
Story Notes:
I know, I should be working on Back to Good, but this story hasn't left me alone since I first got the idea and I needed to get it out.  I hope you enjoy!

1. First Impressions by a_moments_grace [Comments - 2] starstarstarstarstar (2127 words)

2. It Never Fails by a_moments_grace [Comments - 3] starstarstarstarstar (1786 words)

 

3. 'Double D' by a_moments_grace [Comments - 2] starstarstarstarstar (1881 words)

4. The Bathroom Hookup by a_moments_grace [Comments - 0] (1756 words)

5. His First Mistake by a_moments_grace [Comments - 4] starstarstarstarstar (1113 words)
So this chapter is a little bit short because the previous chapter ended up being too long.  I was going to post it all as one and then decided to break it up into two.  Anyways...enjoy!  Let me know what you think!

6. Let's be Passive Aggressive by a_moments_grace [Comments - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2175 words)
OK, so this chapter might be a little boring, but I promise that the next is going to have some action between two characters :)  Things are going to get steamy...!!

7. Too much drinking, not enough thinking by a_moments_grace [Comments - 6] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2146 words)
In anticipation of the VMA's and seeing JT's fine behind...here's a new chapter :)  as promised, it's juicy and things are starting to get interesting!

8. The Secret's Out by a_moments_grace [Comments - 6] starstarstarstarstar (2055 words)
I was going to work on Back to Good before I updated this, but the response to the last chapter was so outstanding I just had to get another one up :)  Thanks for all the reviews, y'all are amazing :)

9. Open Mouth, Insert Foot by a_moments_grace [Comments - 5] starstarstarstarstar (2563 words)

The response to this story has been amazing and I can't thank people enough for reading and reviewing.  You all inspire me :) 

10. Walking on Broken Glass...literally by a_moments_grace [Comments - 5] starstarstarstarstar (2167 words)
I can't thank everyone enough for all of the reviews.  I feel like I say it a lot, but it really means the world to me that you all take the time to read my stories.  As a writer, it is so rewarding to have people respond to your characters and your writing.  Thank you all, so much :)

11. Just Another Moment of Weakness by a_moments_grace [Comments - 11] starstarstarstarstar (2751 words)
I'm either going to be loved or hated for this chapter...but I'm pretty sure that this is what a lot of y'all have been waiting for ;)

12. Aftermath and Mixed Emotions by a_moments_grace [Comments - 6] starstarstarstarstar (1940 words)
Wow.  That's really all I have to say.  I got so many amazing responses to last chapter...I really don't have the words to express how cool that was to see.  Y'all are amazing, really :)

13. Second Thoughts by a_moments_grace [Comments - 5] starstarstarstarstar (2183 words)

14. Head Spin by a_moments_grace [Comments - 8] starstarstarstarstar (2336 words)

15. Goodnight, Goodnight by a_moments_grace [Comments - 4] starstarstarstarstar (2246 words)

I apologize for the long stretch between chapters.  This week was absoulte hell with work and school and I was way too tired to get to this story.  I will try my hardest to not go that long without updating again, though! 

Her hair was pressed against her face, her eyes were red with anger
Enraged by things unsaid and empty beds and bad behavior
Something’s gotta change
It must be rearranged, oh
I’m sorry, I did not mean to hurt my little girl
It's beyond me, I cannot carry the weight of the heavy world
So goodnight, goodnight, goodnight, goodnight
Goodnight, goodnight, goodnight, goodnight
Goodnight, hope that things work out all right, yeah

            - Maroon 5 "Goodnight, Goodnight"

16. Not Falling Apart by a_moments_grace [Comments - 5] starstarstarstarstar (1706 words)

Weather on a sunny day
Time slows down; I wish you’d stay
Pass me by in crowded, dark hallways
Mmm

Try my hardest not to scream
I find my heart is growing weak
So leave your reasons on the bathroom sink

Now I can’t walk, I can’t talk anymore
Since you walked out the door
And now I’m stuck living out that night again
I’m not falling apart

            -"I'm Not Falling Apart" Maroon 5

17. It's Not Over Tonight... by a_moments_grace [Comments - 6] starstarstarstarstar (1726 words)

Hey...sorry about the delay (again!)  I know, I'm such a horrible author!  anyway...here it is :)

I asked her to stay, but she wouldn't listen
She left before I had the chance to say
The words that would mend, the things that were broken
Now it's far too late she's gone away
Every night you cry yourself to sleep
Thinking why does this happen to me?
Why does every moment have to be so hard?
                      -Maroon 5 "It's Not over Tonight"

 

18. Love is Looking for You by a_moments_grace [Comments - 5] starstarstarstarstar (2339 words)

In honor of my Sox winning the World Series (I love Papelbon)...I have an update for y'all!  Enjoy :)

Maybe you're just jaded from some nobody's unforgotten words
Maybe you're just faded, a little gray from every time that you've been hurt
So you're lookin for your skin that you never did fit in
You can't hide when you're turned inside out
Love is looking for you now

Maybe you been burnin' but you can't blow out a flame that you can't find
Maybe you've been thirsty but the rain just aint enough when you're this dry
So you're runnin' from the water and the fire's getting hotter
I think you better find some level ground
Love is lookin' for you now
           - Miranda Lambert "Love is Looking for you"

19. Only Several Miles from the Sun by a_moments_grace [Comments - 6] starstarstarstarstar (2297 words)

I'm sorry!  I know it's been entirely too long.  I am trying my hardest to keep up with everything, so, hopefully I'll be able to get another update out soon.  Until then, enjoy!

 But I cannot forget
Refuse to regret
So glad I met you
Take my breath away
Make everyday
Worth all of the pain that I have
Gone through
And mama I've been cryin'
Cause things ain't how they used to be
She said the battles almost won
And we're only several miles from the sun
              - "The Sun" Maroon 5

20. I'm Not There Yet by a_moments_grace [Comments - 3] starstarstarstarstar (2059 words)
I'm driving fast now
Don't think I know how to go slow
Where you at now
I feel around
There you are

Cool these engines
Calm these jets
I ask you how hot can it get
And as you wipe off beads of sweat
Slowly you say "I'm not there yet!"
 - Maroon 5 "Secret"

21. Figure it Out by a_moments_grace [Comments - 5] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2119 words)

I know, I know, *hangs her head in shame* it's been way too long since I've updated.  But I have good news.  I am now on winter break so I have the next 5 weeks to work on updates and the new story I've got going :)  yay!  Enjoy :)

I'm happy you're changing your speed
Slow down and lay with me
On bottom but always discrete
Kneel down and kiss her feet
I'm happy your going too far
Full strength before we start
Sometimes you make it so hard
Scream loud as we come apart

           - Maroon 5 "Figure it Out"

22. Ragdoll by a_moments_grace [Comments - 5] starstarstarstarstar (2774 words)

I told you I'd have an update by the end of the week :)  Enjoy!!

 

How's your day been? (yeah)
'Cause mine has taken strange and ugly turns
But no, no, no
I feel better today
Because I'm off my knees

“Ragdoll” – Maroon 5

 

23. Frail Grasp on the Big Picture by a_moments_grace [Comments - 2] starstarstarstarstar (1675 words)

So I'm terribly ashamed of myself for not updating in forever.  I'm going to try and stay on top of this, but I seem to be experiencing some writer's block lately.  Maybe it'll go away.  I also want to apologize because I'm not sure how good this new chapter is going to be.  I tried not to force it, but...eh...anyway, I hope you enjoy.  Let me know what you think! :)

 

You my love-drunk friend
All that red wine and candlelight
Soulful conversations
That go on until the dawn
How many times can you tell your story?
How many hangovers can you endure
Just to get some snuggling done?
You're living in a hollow dream
You don't have the slightest notion
What long-term love is all about
All your romantic liasons
Don't deal with eternal questions like
Who left the cap off the freaking toothpaste?
Whose turn to take the garbage out?
  - "Frail Grasp on the Big Picture" - Eagles

24. The Way I Was by a_moments_grace [Comments - 6] starstarstarstarstar (2357 words)

So I have to thank Whit for the motivation to get this chapter done, lol.  But hey!  It wasn't months this time :)  anyway...I hope you like it, and please, let me know what you think.  I know y'all are looking at it, I see the numbers, lol.

Hot love
Wrap yourself around me like a
Warm glove
The emptiness leaves me and i
Feel the never need to
Go back to the way i was
The way i was
   - "The way I was" Maroon 5

25. Sweet Kiwi by a_moments_grace [Comments - 5] starstarstarstarstar (2079 words)

So give it up, and don’t pretend
And spread your arms and legs across the bed
And when you shake, you won’t regret
The things I whisper in your ear
(What?) I said:

I wanna give you something better
Than anything you’ve ever had
A stronger and a faster lover
The world, it disappears so fast
    - "Kiwi" - Maroon 5

26. Hallelujah! by a_moments_grace [Comments - 3] starstarstarstarstar (1995 words)

Sorry about the wait.  Time keeps getting away from me.  Anywhoo...I hope you enjoy.

OH!  And I've been nominated!!! At the Aphrodisiac Awards Season 2...so, please, go cast a vote for me or for any of your other favorite authors. I've been nominated in 5 different categories for "And It All Feels Off..."  This is my first time and I'm really, really excited to have been considered :)  You all rock!  http://aphawards.eternal-nocturne.cjb.net

 

 

Somehow everything's gonna fall right into place
If we only had a way to make it all fall faster everyday
If only time flew like a dove
Well God, make it fly faster than I'm falling in love

This time we're not giving up
Let's make it last forever
Screaming "hallelujah"
We'll make it last forever
        -Paramore "Hallelujah!"

27. When it Rains by a_moments_grace [Comments - 3] starstarstarstarstar (2747 words)

And when it rains,
Will you always find an escape?
Just running away,
From all of the ones who love you,
From everything.
You made yourself a bed
At the bottom of the blackest hole
And convinced yourself that it's not the reason you don't see the sun anymore

And oh, oh, how could you do it?
Oh I, I never saw it coming.
And oh, oh, I need the ending.
So why can't you stay just long enough to explain?
          - Paramore "When it Rains"

28. Brighter by a_moments_grace [Comments - 5] starstarstarstarstar (2186 words)

Whew! I have been working on this chapter because I really wanted to get it out for you all.  I want to make sure that I don't neglect these characters since I've got another story posted. So...please, enjoy and let me know what you think!

So this is how it goes
Well I, I would have never known
And if it ends today
Well I'll still say that you shine brighter than anyone
       -Paramore "Brighter"

29. Epilogue by a_moments_grace [Comments - 3] (1563 words)
Hey all! I know, it's been WAY too long since I've added to this story.  I apologize.  I'd hit a little bit of writer's block and I wasn't sure where I wanted this story to go.  In fact, I'd been thinking that this story would end a few chapters ago, but your responses made me re-think and I considered stretching it out some.  But...I stuck to my original decision, and here is the final chapter.  Thank you to all for reading and sticking with me.  You're truly wonderful.