Isabella Accardi sat alone in her apartment, watching the snowfall over the Boston Commons below her. She twirled her jet-black hair with her left hand and held her cell phone in her right. After taking a deep breath, she threw her phone to the couch, walked into her bedroom, and fell onto her bed facing the opposite direction, resting her head on the windowsill. She watched the few people still in the streets quickly make their way inside to get away from the freezing temperatures. If only her problems could melt away like the snow flakes once they hit the pavement. She stood up, finally realizing she’s already wasted enough time and went back to the couch where she sat down cross-legged and pulled a chenille blanket over her shoulders. She threw her head in her hands and closed her eyes; making a silent wish that when she opened them everything would have just been a dream. As she opened her eyes, realizing that her wish was not granted, she took a deep breath and dialed the number that by now was all too familiar to her.
After a few rings she felt herself begin to shake, “Hello?” Finally he answered the phone, and when she heard his voice she couldn’t say anything. She hadn’t heard his voice in months, and the sound of it made her so nervous, “Hello?” he repeated, ready to hang up before she spoke up
“Hey” she said softly, “it’s Bella”
“Bella?” he repeated as a question, like he didn’t know who she was
“Yeah Bella” she said, this time the annoyance in her voice apparent. How could he not remember her? “From Boston…”
“Oh” he said with a slight laugh, “Isabella Is a Bella”
“Yeah”
“What’s up?”
“Uh” she began unable to get what she had to say out. She had planned what to say, she’d spent hours rehearsing it, but as soon as she heard his voice she forgot even the reason for her calling
“Yeah, Bella I’m kinda busy, I mean I have to be somewhere…” he lied, just trying to keep his little secrets quiet. One-night stands remain that… ONE night stands… never to even be contacted again, except of course for a booty call, but since he wasn’t anywhere near Boston, that wasn’t an option
“Right well this is really important” she said softly before clearing her throat, ok here it goes, “I’m…” she paused, “Pregnant. Three months… pregnant”
He was silent on the other end of the line, which Isabella had decided before would be the worst response. “Ok?” he finally spoke up
“Ok?” how he could just say ok to something like that was beyond her
“What exactly does this have to do with me?” She fell on her back, staring at the ceiling, wondering how one man could be so stupid. Does he really think she’d just call him after not seeing him for months, just to tell him she’s pregnant?
“It’s yours”
“What?” he asked right away then was silent for a second, “Are you sure it’s mine?”
She bit her bottom lip, an attempt to stop the tears from falling down her face, but it didn’t work, “Yes”
He was quiet for a little before speaking up, “Well… I’ll pay for the abortion if that’s…”
“I’m not getting an abortion” she broke in, for the first time the whole conversation she actually showed some strength in her voice. She had made up her mind; there will be no abortion.
“What?” he almost yelled, “What are you talking about? Yes you are. You have to”
“Who the hell are you to tell me I’m getting an abortion?”
“Apparently the father”
“I’m not getting an abortion,” she said sternly
“So then what are you calling me for?” he asked as he began pacing around the room, “What? You want money? You want child support? I’m not giving you shit Bella, I’m not giving you a penny unless it’s to get rid of it”
The tears were now flowing steadily down her face, how could one person be so heartless? “I would never expect anything more of you,” she said softly
“So then why did you call me?”
That’s a good question. She’d been asking herself that question since he answered the phone and didn’t know who she was, “I just want to know now if you wanted to be part of this baby’s life”
“No” he answered right away, without missing a beat. She shook her head and wiped her eyes, good. She wouldn’t want her baby to have a father so cold-blooded. Before she could even say anything else she heard the phone click. Now it’s official, she’s on her own.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj boyfriendj angryj cheaterj pregnancy daddyc