Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading and I love the feedback :)
It was two days later when Justin arrived back in Boston. After renting a car he made his way back to Isabella’s apartment. He was surprised at how excited he felt to be back in Boston, to think he wanted Bella to have an abortion. He had come a long way in the past few months, and although he was worried, the second he saw Aidan’s little eyes looking back at him he knew that he would make it work.

He knocked softly on the door and placed his bag at his feet smiling softly when Bella came to the door, “Hey”

“you’re back” she smiled, a bit relieved, part of her was afraid that he wouldn’t come back

“I am” he smiled as he walked inside, “How’s he doing?”

“Good. He slept all night last night. From midnight to five”

“Whoa” Justin said with a chuckle, surprised at what his life had come to, he walked into the nursery where he saw his mother sitting with Aidan in her arms, “Hey Ma” he said softly as he kissed his mother’s forehead and grabbed his son from her arms, “Hey Aidan,” he smiled

“Did everything work out alright hunny?”

“Yeah. I got this stroller. It should come tomorrow, it’s awesome, it’s big and he can sleep right in there” Justin looked over at Isabella, “It’s amazing. You’ll love it Bella”

“Cool” Bella smiled, she really couldn’t believe how far Justin had come in the past few months. It was only a few months ago when he had hung up on her and told her he wanted nothing to do with Aidan. Now here he was, excited about his trip back home to LA because he got a new stroller. “I’ll leave you guys alone I’m going to go start on dinner” It was Justin’s mother’s last night in Boston and Bella really didn’t want to see her leave.


“I really, really want to thank you so much” Bella said softly, “I didn’t expect to get this much help and I really don’t know what I would have done without you”

“Oh, sweetie, I didn’t do much”

“You did, you did so much. Thank you” Bella felt a single tear fall down her cheek, “It means so much, it really does”

“It’s not a problem darling” Lynn said as she gave Bella a strong hug, neither of them wanting to let go

“Don’t leave” Bella said with a chuckle

“I’ll be back” Lynn smiled as she pulled away, wiping her own tears, “You’re doing great, keep it up. Justin is here to help let him help. You have my number sweetie, call me any time; I always have my phone with me. If you have any questions that I can help you with or you just want to talk call me ok?” Bella nodded her head, “Alright sweetie, I’m going to miss you” she laughed, “Bye sweetie”

“Bye. Thank you” Bella waved

“I’ll be back” Justin smiled before handing Aidan over to Bella, “Let’s go Ma” he grabbed his mother’s bag as they walked to the elevator. As he looked over at his mother he noticed she was crying, “Jeez Ma, I don’t even remember the last time you cried when you said goodbye to me”

His mother laughed as she wiped her face, “I love her Justin, she’s such a sweetheart. You’re so lucky; do you even know how hard this could have been for you? She could have sold this whole thing and made millions of dollars and ruined your career. She could have sued you, she could have made your life a living hell, but she didn’t. she really just wants what’s best for Aidan” Justin nodded his head, “You better not hurt her. You better take care of her”

“I know Ma”

“I know you know baby” she said as she followed Justin to the car, “You need to help her alright? Don’t let her do everything; she’s going to work herself crazy. She needs to rest, she did just give birth. Don’t let her be a pushover”

“I know Ma, I’m not”

Lynn nodded her head as they drove to the airport in silence, “How did everything go with Christine?”

“Oh, she dumped me, we’re done” he answered nonchalantly

“Oh no baby, I’m so sorry. Are you alright?”

“Yeah, it’s not a big deal. I just need to focus on Aidan now; I don’t need any more drama”

“I’m so proud of you” Lynn smiled, “You really are making me proud”

“Yeah well” he stopped at the security check point, “Alright. Thanks for coming Ma. You really helped out a lot”

“Of course baby” she hugged her son, “You take care of them”

“I will” he kissed her forehead, “I’ll miss you”

“I’ll miss you too baby. Call me and let me know how everything is going”

“I will. Call me when you get in”

“Alright, bye baby”

“Bye Ma” Justin said softly as he watched his mother walk away. He pulled his sunglasses down his face so no one would see the tears forming in his eyes. It was always hard for Justin to say goodbye to his mother, but this was far worse than it had ever been. He was worried about taking care of Aidan but most of all about being alone with Isabella. He really knew nothing about her and it was sure to be an awkward situation.

On his way home he called Isabella, “Hey, is everything alright?” she answered

“Yeah, I’m stopping to get ice cream, I’m craving it. What do you want?”

Bella let a chuckle escape, “Um… a sundae, vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream”

“Nuts?”

“Sure. Thanks Justin”

“Alright. What would your brother want?”

“He’s not here”

“That’s ok, I need to win him over” Justin laughed

“Same thing but cookie dough” she smiled, “But no nuts, get it with rainbow sprinkles”

“Alright, I’ll be there soon”

Justin walked into the apartment to see Bella sitting on the couch wearing a pair of sweatpants and a hooded sweatshirt, “Oh my gosh, it’s huge”

Justin laughed, “It’s not that bad, you can do it” he said as he handed her the sundae and put Vin’s in the freezer

“Did your mother get off alright?”

“Yeah,” he nodded his head and handed her a spoon, “Dig in”

“Thank you, this looks so good”

“I was craving ice cream like no one’s business”

“I’m always craving ice cream” Bella laughed

“Yeah, I pretty much am too” Justin said before they sat in silence for a few minutes

“So… everything worked out ok in LA?”

“Yeah” Justin laughed, “We broke up but I mean…”

“Oh, I’m sorry”

“No it’s cool. It works out; I’m not worried about it”

More silence.

“So” Justin stretched his arms over his head, “I really know nothing about you”

“I know nothing about you”

“It’s true” Justin smiled, “You’re from here?”

“Yes, born and raised. Where are you from? LA?”

“No, oh hell no” he chuckled, “I’m from Tennessee, Memphis”

“Do you not like it in California?”

“I don’t hate it. OK, sometimes I hate it” he played with the string on his sweatshirt, “It’s just a different world from where I was brought up and everything. It takes some getting used to”

“Are you used to it?”

“I’m used to it as much as I want to be. I don’t want to get too used to it”

“Why not?”

“Then I’ll turn out to be a complete jackass” he chuckled, “Like you already think I am”

“I don’t think that”

“OK” he laughed as he placed a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth

“Your mother said you have a brother?” Bella asked trying to change the subject. The truth was she didn’t necessarily believe that Justin was an asshole. So far he seems pretty decent, but the past was still in her mind

“Step brothers, two of them. You just have Vin?” she nodded her head, “Any other family here?”

“Just Vin” she shook her head

“Where are your parents?”

“My father died when I was a kid and my mother died a few years ago” she trailed off softly

“Oh” Justin said softly, “I’m sorry”

“It’s ok, really”

“How uh… did she die?”

“Cancer, I don’t want to talk about it” she said the whole sentence as if it were one word, “Do you watch Grey’s Anatomy?”

“Yeah” Justin answered. It was obvious Bella didn’t want to talk about her mother and Justin wasn’t want to pry

“Good, because it’s on and I’m kind of addicted” she turned the television on


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj boyfriendj angryj cheaterj pregnancy daddyc