Isabella sat quietly as Lynn drove her to the airport. She was not sure if she was doing the right thing, but she did know she had to get away from everything for at least awhile.

“Thank you so much” Bella spoke up softly as they stopped in front of the gate, “Really, some day I’m going to pay you back for all of this”

“I’m going to miss you darling. Please call us when you get in” Bella nodded her head as Lynn pulled her into a tight hug and both of them began to cry.

Justin sat alone in his backyard looking up at the stars. He refused to take Bella to the airport and was mad at his mother for being the one to take her. He had no idea what he was doing with his life. This was the first time he did not get what he wanted with love, he always was able to get whatever it was.

As the plane took off, Isabella watched the stars, unable to even think about getting some sleep on the plane ride. She really wished more than anything that she could figure out her life and that everything would just be clear for her.

When Lynn arrived back at Justin’s house she went right outside, knowing exactly where he would be. When he saw his mother sit down next to him he stood up but she grabbed onto his arm and would not let him leave, “I knew you’d be out here. You know when you were a kid and we first moved out to Florida and you were so homesick we’d always go outside and look at the stars and you’d always tell me that Grammy and Pops were outside looking at the same exact stars, thinking about how much they miss you. Do you remember that?”

He took a deep breath, of course he remembered it but that really had nothing to do with the fact that Isabella was currently on a plane with their son going across the country, “yeah, Ma”

“Well I have a feeling that Bella is looking at those same stars thinking about you just like you’re thinking about her”

“Why did you take her?” he asked, still looking at the sky

“Baby”

“Seriously Ma, why would you take her?” he looked at his mother for the first time

“Sweetie she would have gone whether I took her or not. I’m not sending her and my grandson in a cab to the airport” she stood up and gave her soon a kiss on the forehead, “I’ll leave you alone”

Justin continued looking at the stars as he thought about what a year the past year had been. It was only a little more than a year ago that he even met Bella. He thought about how he felt when he first got the call from her, telling him she was pregnant with his child. How he didn’t believe her, and how he wanted her to get an abortion, how he said he wanted nothing to do with the baby’s life. And now, a little more than a year later, he can’t even begin to imagine his life without Aidan, and Bella. He truly thought she would be a one-night stand and he’d move on, never even thinking about her again. But the truth was he did think about her. Not only when she called him, but also he had thought about her a lot since the night they were together.

He had so many questions about being a father, and all the mistakes he had made. But as soon as he laid eyes on Aidan for the first time he knew his questions were gone and he had to be in Aidan’s life. Not just a check or a father that he saw a few times a year… he had to be an actual father to Aidan. He wanted to be a real father to him.
As Bella walked out of the airport she had never felt so good to see her brother. She placed Aidan down on the ground in his carrier and fell into her brother’s arms, unable to hide the tears any longer. “Are you alright?”

Bella nodded her head, “Yeah, I’m totally fine”

“I can see that”

“Please don’t start with me right now, I’m really tired”

“I’m not saying anything,” Vin said as he grabbed onto Bella’s bag, “It’s good to see you, I missed you”

“I know, I missed you too”

“It was weird being alone, the place is so quiet. I even missed Justin singing in the shower that you could hear throughout the whole damn apartment” he let a chuckle out, “Can you believe it?” Bella shook her head as they drove off, “So how was life with the rich and famous?” Bella shrugged, “Did you give up talking?” she looked out the window, “Bella. Why are you here?”

“What are you talking about? I live here” she answered softly

“When you left you were so excited to try something new, to be with Justin. And now you’re back a week later ready to jump off a bridge. What could possibly be so bad about living in a mansion in the hills of Hollywood?”

“There’s just so much drama with him” she answered softly, “I’m not used to it”

“You didn’t give it much of a chance to get used to it”

Bella took a deep breath, she couldn’t believe her own brother, who hated Justin more than anything just a few months before, was actually saying she gave up early, “You weren’t there so you can’t pass judgments about it”

“All I know is you’ve never been one to give up before. I don’t know why you’re starting now”

“Vin you don’t know what it was like” she answered softly as she felt her eyes water

“Yeah, I don’t” he answered, “But I know that the day you got there you called me up in tears because you were so happy. And you told me how good it felt to see him again and you felt like you weren’t all alone with Aidan and you had your partner in crime back. You told me how beautiful he made Aidan’s room and he got those little Lakers jersey’s for him”

The more her brother talked the harder it was for Bella not to cry. She remembered how good it did feel when she first saw Justin. Even after not seeing him for a couple weeks she felt so relieved. Vin was always there to help at home, and he did a great job, but there was no one like Justin. Justin had a way with Aidan; it was like no matter what he could control him. From the first time Justin held Aidan, it was like Aidan automatically knew he was his father, “I’m sacred of him Vin” she answered softly

“What do you mean you’re scared of him?”

“I’m afraid to be with him. I’m scared that he’s going to do something to hurt me”

“You’ve never been scared before? Bella weren’t you scared when mom died? Of course you were, but you didn’t run away from it and hide. You dealt with it. You took charge. You’re the strongest person I know Bella, and you’re leaving him because you’re afraid he might hurt you?”

Bella had never really thought about it that way. The truth was she knew that she was running away because she was scared. She knew deep down that Justin wanted her to stay and that he didn’t say all those things Christine said he did. But she also knew that if she stayed with him and he did do something she would have her heart broken because she knew that she was falling in love with him, if she wasn’t already there. “I liked it better when you hated him”

Vin chuckled, “Me too, what the fuck?”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj boyfriendj angryj cheaterj pregnancy daddyc