Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks so much for reading!
Isabella stood in front of her mirror looking at her bare stomach. She rubbed her large stomach, still trying to comprehend that there is a little baby growing in there. She slowly pulled a shirt on and looked at her reflection, she felt so fat and bloated, this whole pregnancy thing is much harder than she thought.
The sound of her cell phone ringing woke her from her thoughts, “Hello?”
“Hey,” the voice on the other end said quietly, “How are you?”
“Fine. Who is this?”
“Justin”
“Justin who?” she asked even though she knew exactly who he was but had no idea why he was calling her now. He made it pretty clear that he wanted nothing to do with her or the baby so she thought that meant she would never have to hear his voice again.
“Timberlake” he paused realizing she probably didn’t even know his last name, “Justin, you know the…”
“I know” she broke in, “What do you want?”
“I um… I want to talk to you. Can we talk?”
“Talk”
“I was thinking more… in person”
“Why?”
“Look, I’m sorry about the way I talked to you when you called. I was just… in shock”
“Yeah, so was I”
“I know. I’m sorry. Can I come by? Please?”
Bella waited a second before answering. He did sound sincere and maybe they could work something out. The truth is she really wanted her child to at least know his father. “OK”
“Alright. We’ll be there in ten minutes” he hung up the phone. Isabella threw her hair up into a messy bun and went into the living room, quickly cleaning up the apartment. She wished Vin was home but then again she did need to deal with this by herself, just Justin and her.
There was a nock on the door and Isabella took a deep breath before opening the door and seeing two men in suits standing in front of her, “Um… can I help you?” Justin moved from behind them and bit his bottom lip, “Oh, come in”
The two men walked right past her and sat down at the dining room table opening up their briefcases and pulling out folders, “Have a seat Isabella”
“What’s going on?”
“Take a seat please” the same man answered. Justin sat down and Isabella did as well
“Can someone please tell me what’s going on?”
“We want you to keep this a secret, not tell anybody that he is the father” the one man said looking her right in the eye, “If you do that, Justin will pay you 10,000 dollars a month, every month, granted of course the DNA test matches”
“I don’t want your money” she said softly
“Come on now, everybody wants money”
“Not everybody” she answered, “Look, I’m not going to tell anybody, you don’t need to be here”
“Great, that was easy. We just need you to sign here and here, initial here and here, and date and sign right here” he handed her a pile of papers
Isabella looked at them carefully, “I’m not signing this”
“Why not?”
“Because I don’t understand it. I’m not going to tell anyone, don’t worry about it. I’m not exactly proud of the fact that he’s the father”
“Then sign it”
“No” she said as she crossed her arms, “I won’t. Thank you but no. You can leave”
“Sweetie, you need to sign it”
“Don’t call me sweetie, who are you? I’m not signing it”
“She’s not going to tell anyone” Justin answered quietly
“Who are you to pretend that you know that? You don’t know me, don’t pretend that you do” she answered, “You need to leave right now or I’m going to call the cops”
“Let me talk to her” Justin said, “Just go outside, and let me talk to her” the two men listened to him and quickly gathered their things and left the two of them alone
“I don’t want to talk to you either”
“Listen, I’m sorry they had to come but you have to understand that I can’t just have this getting out”
“I am so naive” she let out a slight laugh, “I thought that you were coming here because you actually cared about the fact that you are going to be a father. There are two types of people in this world. The ones that take responsibility for their actions and the ones that think money will make everything go away. I know which one you are. And I also know which one I am and I’m not going to just take your money and shut up. If you don’t want anything to do with this baby then that’s fine. But don’t think that you can pay me off to act like you’re not the father. This is a human being we’re talking about, not just a stupid way to make money. Every child deserves to know who their father is. The baby should not have to live its life wondering who their father is so your cute little reputation doesn’t get ruined”
“It’s not about my reputation”
“It is about your reputation are you kidding me? I’m not an idiot, and I know you usually surround yourself with girls that are idiots and you’re not used to one with a brain, but that’s not how I am. I’m not going to sell the story to a magazine. I don’t want money, I don’t want attention or fame I just want my baby to know its father”
“And I want to know my child. I want to know the color of her eyes or the color of his hair. I don’t want to be just represented as a check. But I can’t just come and be this super father. I’m going to try the best I can. I’m going to come around as much as I can and I’m going to love him or her just like it is my child because it is. I mean, I’m not going to be around everyday but I’m going to do the best I can” Bella looked away from him as he spoke, he sounded sincere but who knew anymore, “Listen, I’m going to go. You have my number, I have yours, I’ll call you. Call me if you need anything, honestly anything” Justin stood up and walked towards the door, “I’ll leave the papers if you want to have your lawyer look at them or something. I really couldn’t care less if you sign them or not. I know you’re not going to tell anyone. It’ll just make them happy. But I don’t really care if they’re happy or not. It would actually be more fun for me if you didn’t sign them so I could see them freak out about everything” he laughed slightly, “Take care alright?” she nodded her head, “Do you need anything now?”
“I’m fine”
“I know you can take care of yourself” he said quietly, “But if you need or want anything let me know. It was good to see you again. Bye Bella” and with that he walked out of the apartment.
Isabella took a deep breath as she sat down on the couch, she had no idea what was even happening.
Justin walked out of the building and right past his lawyer and manager. They followed him closely, “Did you get her to sign it?”
“No dude, let it go” after making it into his hotel room he fell on the bed and for the first time in a long time he just cried. It was one of those moments that he started crying about anything and everything that he’s held in his whole life. After awhile he forgot what he was even crying about but still wasn’t able to stop.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj boyfriendj angryj cheaterj pregnancy daddyc