Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for reading, I'm so glad you like it :)
It was four months later when Isabella was lying in a hospital bed, resting after just giving birth. She and Justin had been talking about once a week, basically just a quick hello, asking how everything was. Neither of them was too interested in the other, but they were acting like adults and joining together for the good of this child.
Isabella picked up the phone by her bed and dialed his number, “Hey”
“It’s a boy”
“You had him?” Justin felt a smile over his face, “It’s a boy? Like a live, breathing, crying, baby boy?”
“Yes” Isabella said with a slight chuckle
“Is he alright? Does he have all his fingers and toes?”
“Yes” she laughed
“Does he have your eyes?”
“Yes”
“Good” he paused, “How big is he?”
“Six pounds seven ounces”
“That’s good right?”
‘Yeah, it’s fine”
“What’s his name?”
“Aidan Christopher”
“I like it”
“Me too”
“Is he adorable?”
“Yes, he really is. He’s gorgeous”
“How are you doing?”
“I’m fine” she said softly, “I’ll take a picture with my phone when they bring him back and send it to you”
“Yeah, thanks” he looked at the clock and saw that he had an interview in an hour, “I’m going to try to get over there”
“Yeah, whenever you can” she paused as the door opened, “Alright I have to go, they’re bringing him in. I’ll talk to you later”
“Alright, send me a picture”
“I will, bye” Justin hung up his phone and fell back on the couch. Now it was real, it wasn’t just going to happen it had happened. There is a child out there that is half of him. A little baby boy. Aidan Christopher.
He heard his cell phone ringing and picked it up quickly, thinking it was Bella again, “Hey”
“Hey baby, what’s going on?”
“Nothing” he answered softly realizing it was Christine
“Is everything alright?”
“Yeah, why?”
“You’ve just been acting weird lately. I mean half the time you don’t even answer your phone”
“Not now Christine”
“Then when? I mean you’ve been acting like this for the past few months, it’s not like it’s just been a day or two”
“I know, I’m sorry I just have a lot of shit going on”
“And I don’t?”
He took a deep breath as his phone beeped telling him he got a new picture message. Justin put Christine on speaker phone and opened the picture, for the first time looking at his new baby boy. He never believed in love at first sight but just looking at that tiny boy made him change his mind. He looked just like him, just like he did when he was a newborn. “Justin, what’s going on?” Christine spoke but Justin couldn’t stop looking at his baby boy, “Are you still there?”
“Yeah, sorry. I gotta go, I feel like shit and I have an interview in an hour, I don’t even know if I’m going to be able to make it. I’ll call you later ok?” he hung up the phone before hearing a reply and called the airport while he packed up his things, he needed to go see his baby.
“Hey Ma” Justin called his mother as he sat in the cab driving to the airport, “She had the baby”
“She did!” his mother shouted, “Girl or boy?”
“Boy. Aidan Christopher, Six pounds seven ounces.”
“Aww sweetie, congratulations! I love the name. You were six pounds seven ounces when you were born too”
“I’ll send you the picture on your cell. I’m on my way to the airport now so I can go see him. I didn’t tell anyone, so if they’re looking for me”
“Don’t worry. I want to see him too”
“Yeah, by the time I get there it’s going to be late so let me call you tomorrow or something and you can come”
“Yeah, talk to her about it”
“Yeah, for sure. Alright, I just got here so I’ll call you later”
“Alright sweetie, I love you”
“I love you too, bye mom”


Isabella took a deep breath as she held tightly onto her new baby boy, “You’re gorgeous” she kissed his forehead
“Thank you” she heard her brother’s voice, “Can I hold him?”
“Yeah, later though ok?”
“Why can’t I hold him now?” he asked with a laugh
“Because I just got him, leave me alone” she smiled, “He has my eyes, doesn’t he?”
“I can’t see because you won’t let me hold him”
“Well he does. He has my eyes but that’s it. The rest is all Justin. That kinda sucks”
“No it doesn’t. He’s the sexiest man alive” Vin said with a chuckle
Isabella rolled her eyes, “Now you’re never holding him”

It was one thirty in the morning by the time Justin made it to the hospital in Boston. After asking the nurses he finally found Isabella’s room but she was sound asleep. He walked back to the nurse’s station, “Hey, can I see the baby?”
“Yeah” she smiled, “Just go down the hall and you’ll see the nursery to the right. The baby’s name is on the crib”
“Thank you” he said. He took a deep breath before walking slowly down the hall. He felt his hands sweat and his legs go weak. He started to take deep breaths; he was never really good with pressure like this. As he stopped in front of the window he knew exactly which one was his. Second row, third from the left.
Justin watched carefully as his new baby slept and put his hand against the glass, wishing he could just hold the baby in his hands. He spent an hour at the window, just watching Aidan sleep, “Excuse me, sir” a nurse said softly, causing Justin to turn away, “I found a blanket and a pillow if you want to go stay in the room with your wife”
“Thanks” he said softly as he took them from her hands, “Later Aidan” he said softly as he walked slowly back to the room where Isabella was sound asleep. He watched her carefully, she looked so peaceful.
After spending the night trying to get comfortable Justin was pretty sure he had no more than a total of an hour of sleep. A single ray of sunshine landed on Bella’s face waking her up immediately. The first thing she saw when she opened her eyes was Justin on the chair, “Hey” she said softly as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes, “What are you doing here?”
“I had to come see him” he sat up, “You were sleeping so I didn’t want to…”
“It’s ok” she sat up, “Did you get to see him?”
“Just through the glass”
Bella nodded her head, “He’s gorgeous isn’t he?”
“He is”
“He looks just like you”
Justin let a slight laugh escape, “Is that a roundabout way of saying I’m gorgeous?”
“No” she laughed, “I’m not talking about you, I’m talking about him”
“Alright” he smiled, “So what do I have to do to get to hold him?”
“A lot of begging?” she said sarcastically as she pressed a button by her bed.
“How are you feeling?”
“I’m fine today. I was just a little sick and uncomfortable and tired yesterday but I’m good now”
“Yeah, understandable. When do you get to leave?”
“Today I hope”
“That’s good” Justin said softly. The truth is this is actually the first time the two of them have been alone since they met. The only other time they were actually face to face was when they were joined by Justin’s manager and lawyer.
Luckily the nurse came in with Aidan in her hands to break the uncomfortable silence between the two of them. “Thank you” Bella smiled as she held Aidan in her hands. Justin watched her carefully as she held him close, he had a feeling it would take a lot for her to give him a chance, “He’s sleeping still, he’s not up. You can’t see his eyes. They’re the only part of me that he has” she let a chuckle escape but Justin knew it was hurting her.
“Yeah right” Justin said as he walked over to her, “He has your nose. Thank god. If he had my nose it’d be bigger than his head”
Bella smiled as his attempt to make her feel better, “You can hold him”
“Yeah” he said softly as he grabbed his son for the first time ever. He watched him carefully and tried to take in the moment. Things like this don’t happen everyday. And it will never happen again, at least not the first time holding his first born in his hands. Aidan did look just like Justin. If you got a picture of Justin when he was first born and put it next to a picture of Aidan now no one would be able to tell the difference. At least with his eyes closed.
“How are my two favorite people?” the doctor asked as he walked into the room, “Is this the father?”
Isabella looked over at Justin, not sure if she was supposed to tell him or not. Justin looked up, for the first time turning his gaze away from his new son, “Yes, Justin Timberlake” he handed Aidan back to Isabella to shake the doctor’s hands, “Thank you, for everything”
“Of course” he smiled, “How are you feeling sweetie?” he walked over to Isabella
“Pretty good, thanks. I’m ready to go home” she smiled
“I think I’m ready to let you go home” the doctor smiled as he picked up Aidan, “Everything looks fantastic with Aidan, any questions?”
Justin laughed, “Any questions? Are you kidding? A million questions”
“I should rephrase that. Any questions I can help you with right now?”
“I think we’re all set” Isabella said, “Thank you so much”
“Alright, good luck with everything and just call if you need help with anything” the doctor said as he handed Aidan back to Justin
“I’ll just call my brother”
“NO, I’ll help you with him” Justin answered quickly
“Are you sure?”
“Yeah of course, why wouldn’t I?”
“I thought people weren’t supposed to see you with him”
Justin shook his head as he stood up, “It’s not that big of a deal, I mean no one’s going to- oh look he’s awake!”


As Isabella and Justin finally exited the hospital they realized they had no real way of getting back to the apartment. “I don’t think we should take a cab” Justin spoke up, “The T?”
“No, I don’t think that’s any better. With people rubbing against you and stuff”
“Oh yeah. Walking then?” Isabella nodded her head
“How far exactly do you live from the hospital?” Justin asked after walking for a few minutes
“Not that far” she laughed, “Are you not used to walking?”
“Not this far” Justin said with a smile
“It’s the next block, you can do it” she smiled as they walked into the apartment and placed Aidan in his crib, “Do you want to sleep in my bed? You probably didn’t get any sleep last night if you want to take a nap”
“Yeah, maybe thanks” he said as he sat down on the couch, “My uh… my mother wants to see him. Would you mind if she came?”
“No, of course not. She should definitely come”
“Cool, thanks a lot”
“Yeah, you don’t even have to ask that. It’s your mother, come on”
“I just wanted to make sure. Where’s your mother? Has she seen him yet?”
“No, my mother died a few years ago”
“Oh I’m sorry” he answered quickly
“No, don’t be. It’s not a big deal” she said softly as she looked through the cabinets, “I’m going to make some pancakes, do you want any?”
“Yeah sure, thanks”
“You’re home already?” Vin asked as he walked out of the bedroom and into the kitchen, “How are you feeling? How’d you get home? Where’s the baby?”
“One question at a time” Isabella smiled as her brother gave her a hug, “Yes, I’m home. I’m feeling fine. We walked home. Aidan’s in his room sleeping”
“Sorry” Vin sat down on the counter, “What are you making?”
“Pancakes” she said softly, “You haven’t met Justin have you?”
“No” Vin said as Justin stood up from the couch.
“What’s up man?” Justin asked as he shook his hand
“Vin, this is Justin. Justin this is my brother, Vin” Isabella said as he placed the last of the pancakes on a plate, “its ready, come sit. Vin can you get the orange juice and syrup”
“So when did you get here?” Vin asked
Justin finished chewing his pancake, “Last night”
“Nice” Vin said quietly as he poured syrup on his pancakes, “Surprising”
“Why’s that?” Justin asked as he took a sip from his orange juice.
“Surprising that you showed up? Seriously?” Vin asked as he took a bite of his pancake, “Maybe because you have never shown up, except to get my sister pregnant and to get her to sign a contract so the fact that you did get a girl pregnant and refuse to have any part of the baby’s life doesn’t get out and ruin your image”
“Vin stop” Bella spoke up
“I obviously want something to do with his life or I wouldn’t be here” Justin answered
“Yeah, obviously. Or she didn’t sign the papers so you want to act like you care until you get her to”
“Look, Bro”
“I’m not your bro, don’t call me that”
“Stop, both of you please?” Isabella sad sternly
“Look, I know I treated her like shit and I’ve apologized to her for that, many times. It’s not everyday someone calls me and tells me I’m going to be a father. I was caught off guard and it was a shitty thing but I’m doing the best I can here dude”
“The best you can huh? That’s a little sad” Vin said as he stood, “I’m going out”
“Vin” Bella said as she followed him to his room, “Stop”
“I’m not going to just sit back and watch this asshole run his lines and act like he cares when he doesn’t. How do you not see it Bella? Just sign the fucking papers and then he’ll leave”
“I’m no signing the papers Vin. I know that he’s not the best person in the world but the fact is he is Aidan’s father. I’m not looking to marry him or have any sort of romantic relationship with him but the truth is that I’m going to have to have some sort of relationship with him because he is the father of my child. And Aidan deserves to know his father”
“He doesn’t need a father if he’s going to be a dick like this guy”
“You don’t even know him”
“Neither do you”
“Exactly. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt. I’m just giving him a chance for Aidan”
“I still think he’s an asshole and he’s going to fuck everything up even more” Vin said as he pulled a sweatshirt over his head, “I need to get away, I’ll be back later”
Isabella walked back into the kitchen and saw Justin sitting with Aidan in his arms, “Sorry about that”
“It’s cool, I understand” Justin said softly, “He was crying so I grabbed him”
Isabella nodded her head, “Is he ok?”
“Yeah, he’s fine. I’m thinking he might be hungry”
“Oh, ok” she took Aidan in her arms and sat down, “Can you look the other way?” she asked
“Oh yeah, sorry” Justin laughed slightly as he turned his head so Bella could breastfeed
“OK,” she said as he turned back around, “Thanks”
“Yeah. My mother is going to come up tomorrow, if that’s ok”
“Yeah, of course”
“Cool. She’s excited to see him” Isabella smiled, “So… this is a great apartment, it’s really big”
“Yeah”
“Have you lived here awhile?”
“About three years”
“Oh wow, impressive. What is it that you do?”
“I’m in advertising” she answered softly, she hated the small talk, it was killing her.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj boyfriendj angryj cheaterj pregnancy daddyc