Isabella sat cross-legged on the floor of Aidan’s nursery with Aidan crying in her hands. She tried rocking him but he just kept crying. She tried feeding him but he wouldn’t take it he just kept crying. Her eyes were closing and she felt like she wasn’t even awake. She was more tired than she had ever been in her entire life but she could not stop her son from crying. Before Isabella knew it, she too was crying uncontrollably, “Shhh” she said between tears, “Please, Aidan, just stop crying”

Justin walked into the nursery with the hood of his sweatshirt covering his head. He stood at the doorway watching Bella cry and beg Aidan to stop crying himself. He walked slowly and stood next to where she was sitting, slowly sliding down the wall and sitting next to her, “Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry” she said quickly wiping her eyes so he wouldn’t see her cry, even though she knew he already had, “He just won’t stop crying. I don’t know what’s wrong with him, I mean he shouldn’t be crying this much. He just shouldn’t be”

Justin looked at her and didn’t know what to say. The truth is he didn’t have much experience with kids himself, let alone the ones straight from the womb. “Maybe he just isn’t tired, he’s been sleeping all day”

“But why is he crying?” she cried, no longer attempting to hold it in
“Why are you crying?” Justin asked with a chuckle
“I don’t know” she laughed
“Let me hold him” he said and Isabella handed him the baby. Part of her prayed that Aidan wouldn’t stop crying as soon as he touched Justin, because that would just prove her prediction that Aidan had hated her. Bella pulled her legs to her chest and hugged them tightly

“Do you think he’s sick? Like do you think something’s wrong?”

“No, he’s just a baby, they cry” he said although he really had no clue, “Did you see that episode of Mad About You when they had the baby? And they stayed up all night”

“Why are you comparing our life with a stupid sitcom?” she asked with a laugh

“That was a good show” he said seriously, “How do you not like Mad About You?”

“He stopped” Bella whispered and looked at Aidan in Justin’s arms who had finally closed his eyes and fell asleep

“He likes Mad About You” Justin smiled, “Now do we dare put him back in the crib?”

“Go ahead, careful though”

“He’s good” Justin said softly as he placed him in the bed

“Thank you”

“He just got tired of crying, I didn’t do anything” Justin smiled, “Goodnight Bella”

“Goodnight Justin”

The next morning Vin woke up to see Justin sleeping on the couch and his sister feeding Aidan while drinking a cup of coffee. she looked half dead, like she didn’t sleep at all, “You look dead”

“Yeah, I didn’t get much sleep. I’m sorry if he kept you up all night”

“No, I didn’t hear him” he said as he looked over at Justin, “Why is he sleeping?”

“My guess is because he’s tired Vin”

“Well, what the fuck, you’re tired too” he said loudly so Justin would wake up, “Dude, get up”

“Come on Vin, he was up all night too, let him sleep”

“Yeah, ok” he said as he threw a pillow and Justin jumped up, “Good Morning” Vin said with a smile

“Don’t be a jerk Vin” Isabella said as Justin walked into the kitchen


“Hey” he said quietly as he wiped the sleep from his eyes, “Were you up anymore after I left?”

“No, he actually slept until about an hour ago. There’s coffee if you want any”

“Thanks” Justin said as he grabbed a cup, “You want some?” he asked Vin who shook his head, “Do you want more Bella?”

“No, I’m fine, thanks” she said softly, surprised he was actually looking out for someone besides himself, “What time do you have to get your mother?”

“Noon” he took a sip

Bella nodded her head as she tried to burp Aidan, “She can have my bed; I’ll sleep in the nursery”

“No, we’ll get a hotel”

“No, I insist that she stay here. You don’t want her to stay in a hotel”

“It’s not that big of a deal. I don’t have to stay here either but I don’t want to make you deal with him alone. I mean, I know I’m not much help but I want to help as much as I can while I’m here”

“Are you kidding? You’re the one who finally got him to sleep last night” Bella said as she handed Aidan to Justin, “Thanks”

Justin nodded his head, “So I was thinking I’ll pick her up and then bring lunch back. So don’t eat”

“”OK” she smiled, “I’m sorry Vin woke you up”

“It’s ok” he said with a smile

“I’m going to take a quick shower. Will you be alright with him?” Justin nodded his head, “Vin’s at class so he won’t bother you anymore”


As Justin waited at the gate for his mother he found himself taping the armrest of the chair he was sitting in. he didn’t know exactly why he was so nervous. He couldn’t wait to see his mother because he knew things would be much easier once she was there.

“Hey baby!” she hugged him tightly, never planning on letting go, “How is he?”

“He’s great” Justin found himself smiling, “He’s so cute Ma”

“I bet” she smiled, “Hurry up, let’s walk and talk I want to see him. You didn’t bring him?”

“No, he’s sleeping” Justin laughed, “Come on”

“How’s everything going? With Isabella and everything?”

“Good” he nodded his head, although he didn’t really know how great things were actually going, “I mean we’re not yelling or anything. I think it’s kinda like we’re just trying to work it out. It’s weird because we’ve never spent time together ya’know?”

“It’ll get easier. Does she have her parents there and everything?”

“No. She didn’t say anything about her father but she said her mother died a few years ago”

“Oh, poor thing, I bet she really misses her mother right about now. Does she have any family?”

“Her brother, who is a fucking ass. He hates me”

“I doubt he hates you baby”

Justin laughed as he walked into Isabella’s building, “You’ll see”

“Well he’s probably just looking out for his sister. He’ll open up to you”

“Yeah, I know” Justin said as they stepped into the elevator, “Ya ready?” he asked with a smile

“I can’t wait to see him, I’m so excited” she said as Justin knocked on the door and Isabella came to answer

“Hi” she smiled, “I just put him down. I was trying to keep him awake but he kept falling asleep”

“It’s ok, he’ll be up soon” Justin said softly, “Bella this is my mother, Lynn, Ma this is Isabella”

“It’s so nice to meet you sweetie” Lynn said as she automatically pulled Isabella into a hug, “You’re beautiful, how are you feeling?”

“I’m good, I’m fine thank you” Bella said with a smile when Lynn finally let go of her

“Let’s eat” Justin said as he walked past the two of them and into the kitchen

“Calm down, she probably wants to see him” Bella said softly, “I’ll put your things in the bedroom so Justin can show you Aidan”

“No sweetie, I’ll sleep on the couch”

“No, please sleep in my room. I just changed the sheets, I insist” Bella said as she grabbed Lynn’s bag, not waiting for a response

“She’s adorable, and the sweetest thing, bless her heart” Lynn said softly, letting her southern drawl shine through. She grabbed onto her son’s arms and followed him into the room. As she took the first glance at her new grandson she felt a tear roll down her face.

Justin looked over at his mother and laughed, “What is it with you people and your crying?” he picked his son up and slowly handed him to his mother, “Mom, this is Aidan Christopher, your grandson”

“Oh my gosh” she held him tightly and watch him sleeping in her arms, “He looks just like you Justin. He’s so little. Aww, I remember when you were this little” she looked over at her son who was unable to wipe the smile off his face while he watched his newborn son sleep, “I’m so happy for you baby, he’s adorable” she placed him back in his crib

“Thanks Ma” Justin said softly as his mother gave him a kiss on the cheek, “Let’s go eat”

As they walked into the kitchen they saw that Isabella had already brought out plates and had everything ready, “Oh sweetie, we could have done that. You need to relax a little, you must be so tired”

“It’s ok” Bella smiled, “What would you like to drink? I have water, iced tea, lemonade, soda there’s Pepsi, or Diet or sprite”

“I got it Bella, sit” Justin said as Bella went to the table and passed out the plates

“So did he sleep alright last night?”

Justin laughed, “No”

“Yeah, he kept us up pretty much all night” Bella said as she put a piece of eggplant parmesan on her plate, “But Justin got him to stop crying”

“He was just sick of crying, he gave up” Justin said as he placed a can of soda in front of his mother and Isabella

They continued the small talk and Isabella was actually really surprised about how much she fell in love with Justin’s mother right away. She didn’t know what to expect but she was definitely pleasantly surprised. Lynn was just like any other mother, so excited that she had a new grandson, even though she had never met the mother before and also the simple fact that they were not together, never were, and it was just a one night stand.

As they were finishing dinner there was a nock on the door and Justin’s lawyer and manager walked in, “What are you guys doing here?” Justin asked as he walked over to them. He wondered how they even knew he was here or that she even had the baby.

“Oh, hi Justin, we didn’t know you would be here” his lawyer answered his question, “We are here to talk about that contract and of course the DNA test”

“Are you really here two days after Aidan was born to bother her about that?” Justin asked seriously
“If she signs the contract we will leave her alone. The DNA test will take a piece of hair, it won’t hurt anybody”

“He doesn’t have any hair, so how are you going to do that?” Bella asked, “Look, I am not signing a contract. I have not told anybody and I’m not going to tell anybody. Aidan has no hair. You are not giving him a blood test when he is two days old. You can look at him and see who the father is, he looks just like him. I don’t want anything from you. I have never asked for anything. Please just leave me alone”

“It won’t hurt him” the lawyer said, “Sweetie if you just do this then we will leave you alone forever”

“Do not call me sweetie. And I highly doubt that. You just need to leave us alone” she said as she ran off to Aidan’s room and shut the door. Lynn followed her quickly knowing exactly how difficult this must be for her. She never did like Justin’s lawyer or even manager for that fact. Lynn knocked on the door and opened it slowly, “How many times do I have to tell you?” Isabella yelled, tears streaming down her face

“It’s just me sweetie, can I come in?” Lynn asked softly

Bella nodded her head as Aidan started crying. She stood up and held him tightly in her arms before sliding down the wall. Lynn sat down next to her, “Why won’t they let it go?”

“I don’t know sweetie, but Justin will take care of it”

“I don’t want anything from him. I promise I don’t. I just want Aidan to be happy. I want him to know his father. I don’t want his money, I don’t want any attention, I just want Aidan to be happy” she said softly between tears

“I know sweetie” Lynn said as she moved Isabella’s dark hair out of her face, “He’ll take care of it, you’re going through a lot they should not be here” Isabella nodded her head and Lynn put her arm around her. Isabella rested her head on Lynn’s shoulder and for the first time ever Lynn felt like she had a daughter. Isabella continued crying knowing that at least some of those tears were from relief that Lynn was so great. She really needed a mother and even though nothing would be as good as having her own mother there this was pretty close.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj boyfriendj angryj cheaterj pregnancy daddyc