Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey Everyone!!! Thank you all sooo much for the support and the reviews...you're all awesome!!! Well things are definitely going to pick up here soon. I promise!! But I hope you like the new update, please review!! Enjoy!!
Why is it that sometimes life’s easiest choices actually turn out to be the hardest ones? I think its God’s way of continuing to test me and he’s really starting to get the better of me. I mean, let’s look at this on paper. Staying on Christina’s tour allows me to remain comfortable in my surroundings, well as comfortable as expected when it comes to tour life and I don’t have to hassle with re-learning an entire show’s choreography. However, jumping onto Justin’s tour will get me a bigger paycheck, which who doesn’t love that, more exposure in terms of dance and finally his tour is scheduled for the entire year and that keeps me working for a very long time. I wouldn’t have to worry about the down times in between tours and who knows what could come from being on such a large scale tour. Clearly, Justin’s tour holds more promise for me.

But let’s not jump ahead now; let’s look at the negatives to his tour. The number one downfall being that I’d be stuck with Justin Timberlake for an entire year. Yeah, I know most girls would die for this opportunity….well I’m not most girls. I guess you’d have to understand a little bit more about our past to really understand my hesitations. I just don’t think I’m ready or willing to go back down this path.

I take a deep breath and let out a huge rush of air. My head has been so boggled down with this decision that I’m starting to feel like it might explode. I shake the thoughts from my head and slip my iPod over my ears, making sure to grab my bag before heading off the bus. After last night’s opening show, all of us rushed back to busses in order to be at the next venue fifteen hours later. That is probably my favorite part of touring, the constant urgency to be moving and heading off to the next show. It’s like an adrenaline rush that never ends.

Making my way inside the arena, I continue to walk down the long hallways. A few of the crew members smile politely when they see me and I return the gesture. As I approach the dancer’s dressing room my phone vibrates in my pocket.

“Hello?” I say while tucking the phone underneath my ear.

“Hi...is Addison there?”

I roll me eyes slightly at the question. I mean come on you called my cell phone who else would be answering it? “This is she…”

“Hi Addison…my name’s Marty Kulatta. I am the choreographer for Justin Timberlake’s Future Sex/Love Show.”

Wow, these people really don’t take no for an answer. First Mr. Wright calls, then Marty calls Jon and now he’s calling me personally. I wonder if Justin will call me next. “Hi Mr. Kulatta…how are you doing?”

“I’m a little stressed out but hanging in there. How’s Christina’s tour going?”

“We’ve only done the opening show and it went well. But I’m guessing that’s not why you called. What can I do for you Mr. Kulatta?” I ask trying to keep as neutral of a tone as possible. I don’t want to sound like they’re annoying me or anything but I’m sort of thrilled they’re still pursuing me at the same time.

“You’re right…that’s not it. The reason I’m calling was I wanted to know if Jon talked to you about the offer to join Justin’s tour.”

I brush a piece of hair back behind my ears and lean up against the wall outside of the dressing room. “Yeah he mentioned it to me. Listen, I really appreciate the chance but I just don’t see how it would work out.”

“I understand your hesitation…I’m actually going to be in town for Christina’s show tonight. I was hoping I could meet with you and talk about it in person?”

A look of confusion clearly passes over my features and I’m a little nervous now. It’s one thing to turn someone down over the phone; it’s another to do it in person. “We’re rehearsing all the way up until sound check and then I have about an hour of make-up and wardrobe to go through. I suppose after the show, I’d be available.”

“That’d work out perfectly.” Marty says excitedly.

“All right…well I will see you later tonight then.” I say before looking around to make sure no one is listening in.

“Sounds good Addison. Have a great show tonight.” He wishes before hanging up the phone.

A whole new set of nerves have started taking over my stomach. I usually never get nervous to perform but knowing Marty is in the audience and he’s clearly there to critique my dancing, it makes me completely anxious. Even though I’d rather not join Justin’s tour, I still want the choreographer to say he was impressed. Besides who knows where our paths might cross later in life.
________________________________________________________________________

Leading up to the show tonight, I spent every waking minute alone, lost in my thoughts and drowning in my music. I was fully aware of the importance of tonight’s show and to prove my worth as a dancer. I’ve never been one to really care about acceptance by anyone including friends, but when it comes to my abilities as a dancer…it’s extremely important to me. Dancing defines me…it’s who I am, it’s what I’m good at and it’s my passion. So, to say this show meant a lot to me was quite an understatement.

Once the performance was done, almost the entire crew huddled up right away on the buses. I, however, am sitting in one of the backstage rooms, clad in a t-shirt and California State sweatpants, waiting for the infamous talk with Marty. I don’t really even know where I stand anymore when it comes to Justin or Christina’s tour. The only reason I’m here is just to listen and I’ll make my mind up later.

I shift again in the chair, tucking my legs underneath me, when suddenly the door opens and in walks a skinny, short dark-haired man. I’m immediately drawn to his clothing and somewhat lack of style but I force a small smile on my face when he approaches me.

“Addison Miller…I’m Marty Kulatta, it’s nice to finally meet you.” He says while outstretching his hand.

“You too Mr. Kulatta.” I reply while shaking his hand firmly.

“Congratulations on a phenomenal show. Jon was right…you’re in a class all your own.”

I bow my head at his praise. This is the one time you’ll see me with my guard down. “Thank you…”

Marty pulls up a chair beside me and turns towards me. “So…have you thought about the offer to join Justin’s tour?”

I nod my head slightly at his question. “Yeah…I have. I’m really flattered at your interest and the fact that you came out to see me perform. That’s the biggest compliment a dancer can receive. So that’s definitely huge for me. But I don’t really think jumping tours is something I’d be willing to do.”

“What would it take for you to come aboard?” Marty asks with all seriousness.

I’m taken aback at that question. “Are you joking?”

“Not at all Addison. I recognize talent when I see it and you have way more than talent. I’ve never seen a dancer perform like that; you really are a stand-out on this tour. I think you’d be fantastic as Justin’s lead female dancer. So, what would it take to make you switch?”

I feel my jaw practically fall to the floor. I’ve never heard of anyone, not less much a choreographer, make an offer of such magnitude. “Umm…to be honest Marty…I really don’t know.”

He scratches his head for a moment while he ponders his thoughts. “Well here’s where I stand with everything Addison. We’re willing to give you everything Johnny mentioned, the bonus and time to rehearse while still working for Christina. I don’t know how your travel arrangements are with Christina but we can guarantee you, your own hotel rooms and you’ll be riding on Justin’s “guests” bus which basically means you have a bus to yourselves unless he has a friend visiting. We’re very serious about this deal Addison…you’d be a great addition to the tour.”

“Wow…” I mumble out. I certainly wasn’t expecting him to just lay it all on the line and he just HAD to throw in my own bus. Seriously, that’s my biggest complaint when it comes to touring because I’m just not that social. I love my alone time and he’s basically handing me everything I want. Why does it have to be Justin Timberlake though? “When would I start rehearsals?”

“As early as tomorrow…” He responds in a hopeful voice.

I take a few seconds to think about it and I remind myself that if I’m strong enough to get through all that bullshit before I can do it again. “Sign me up…”

“Great!” Marty says excitedly before standing up from his chair. “I’ll arrange everything with Jon so we can work rehearsals around Christina’s show but we’ll start teaching you everything tomorrow.”

I stand up and follow Marty towards the door. I can’t believe I’m willingly joining Justin’s tour. “When and where am I meeting you tomorrow morning?”

Marty turns to look towards me before filling me in on the last bit of information. “Actually, it’ll be you and Justin working on the choreography. I have to work on another tour in New York so Justin’s going to teach you everything. Meet him at the studio bright and early, eight o’clock. I look forward to working with you when I get back…it’s great to have you on the tour Addison.” He finishes before practically rushing out of the room and down the hallway.

Wait a minute; did he just say I’ll be meeting with Justin tomorrow morning? As in just the two of us? Remember that whole pep talk about being strong enough…who the fuck was I kidding?


I’ve been stretching practically every muscle in my body over and over again while I wait for the new dancer. I’ve been at the studio for about twenty minutes and I can’t believe she’s not here yet. I guess I can cut her some slack being that she just had a show last night but it’s the first day on a new job. Wouldn’t you think it’d be important to make a good impression? Sighing, I walk towards the stereo and make sure the music is ready to go. We’ve already lost rehearsal time; I don’t want to lose anymore fighting with the music.

Suddenly, the door swings open and a young girl walks in with her bag over her shoulder and a hoodie shielding her face. She doesn’t acknowledge my presence but rather drops her bag on the ground and pulls out items for rehearsals. Cautiously, she sits down on the wood floor and straps up a pair of dance shoes before starting to stretch her legs.

Realizing she’s not going to make the first move, I stride over towards her and sit down beside her. Instead of acknowledging my presence, she keeps her head down, concentrating on her stretches despite my obvious move to talk.

“Addison?” I ask loud enough for her to hear.

“Yep...” She responds coolly.

“How are you doing?” I ask, figuring it’s a safe question to start a conversation with.

“Fine…” She answers before looking up and meeting my eyes for the first time. A look of hesitation crosses her features and she looks almost frightened. Quickly, Addison recovers putting on a small smile to mask the uncertainty before standing up. “Can we just get started?”

I’m a little a taken back by her coldness but I oblige, she does have a lot to learn in a short amount of time.

“All right…the first song we’re going to go through is My love . It’s the fourth song on the set list but it’s probably the most heavily involved in terms of everyone being on the same page.” I explain while walking over to grab the remote for the music. I run through the first sixteen count with Addison and she’s quick to pick up the steps, deciding we should test it to music, I flip the switch and the pumping sounds start to fill the room. As she performs the routine, her hoodie falls from her head and a long mane of curls cascade out.

Suddenly, she stops and turns to look at me. I stand there in shock, my mouth agape and my feet frozen to the ground. The uncertainty is plastered across her face and I can’t believe it’s her.

“Addi?” I ask out loud, not really wanting an answer. “Is that really you?”

A sour look overtakes her features and she quickly recovers by pulling her hoodie up over her hair.

“Addison Miller from Memphis?” I repeat out loud. “I should’ve known it was you…you were always dancing at school…we all knew you’d grow up to do big things. Wow, I haven’t seen you for what ten years or so.

Her eyes flare up and she whips her head back around. “Listen, I really don’t want to take this stroll down memory lane. Yes, it’s me. Yes, it’s you. Can we just go through the choreography? I have another show for Christina tonight and I don’t have a lot of free time.”

I’m caught off guard by the anger in her voice because I’ve never known her to be that way, especially to someone she knows. She’s already covered her head again and is concentrating on perfecting the choreography. She’s right though…we don’t have a lot of time so I drop it for now and continue to run through the choreography. But I’ll tell you one thing…she’s the last person I thought I’d run into again. Addison fucking Miller from Memphis…this world is crazy.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story