Two days later, as soon as the concert was over, the guys had to catch a plane to the next city. They had a live TV appearance first thing in the morning. They raced to the airport only to find that their flight had been delayed for at least two hours! Since there were no other flights they could take the airline gave them a private lounge where they could rest and not be bothered by fans. The guys stretched out on the floor. They were still too wired to sleep, but too tired to move. Joey laid down on his back and put his jacket under his head. Fantasia laid down next to him and rested her head on his chest. The other guys barely even noticed because across the room Justin and Jamie were curled up in a ball like two kittens.

After about an hour the guys finally fell asleep, but Fantasia was still wide awake. She’d been wanting to play a prank on JC and now was her chance! She double-checked to make sure he was asleep before slipping out of Joey’s arms. Fantasia got a small bag out of her backpack and sat down by JC’s head. She started putting his long, shaggy hair into little tiny braids. At the end of each braid she tied a little pink bow.

Fifteen minutes later Joey woke up and realized that Fantasia wasn’t next to him anymore, which was really strange. He looked around the room and saw her sitting next to JC’s head. He went over to her and sat down. When he saw what she was doing he let out a snort of laughter.

"You know he’s going to kill you, right?"

Fantasia shrugged and said, "I know, but I’ve been planning this for years."

"Huh?" Joey asked confused.

"My original plan was to put Chris’s dreads in pigtails and tie them off with big, pink bows" Joey let out another snort of laughter. "But then he had to go and cut them off." she finished.

"You wanted to do WHAT to my hair!?!" Chris asked joining the conversation.

"I thought it would be cute." Fantasia replied innocently.

"Man, am I glad that I cut my hair." Chris said running his fingers through his spiky brown and red hair.

"I’m not!" Fantasia said not looking up from her work.

"Don’t tell me you liked my dreads." Chris said sitting down with them.

"I loved them!" she replied, "Sure, I understand why you did it, but when I first found out that you had cut them off I was devastated. Then later I realized that if you hadn’t cut your hair, there would be no Fuman Skeeto."

Fantasia glanced over at Chris and Joey only to find them sitting there just starring at her. They weren’t sure what to make of that. Fantasia giggled a little before returning to her work.

When she finished Chris asked, "Can I wake him up?"

"Hang on, I want to get some pictures first." she said taking out her camera. After she took several pictures she gave Chris the go ahead.

Chris looked around the room at thought about how he wanted to do this. That’s when he noticed a decorative arrangement sitting in the corner. It was a vase with dried flowers and feathers in it. Chris walked over to it and pulled out a long, skinny feather. He returned to where JC was sleeping on the floor and started tickling his ear.

JC swatted at the feather, but didn’t wake up. Chris waited a few seconds then started tickling JC’s jaw line. JC once again tried to brush away the irritant, but still did not wake up. Chris sighed in frustration before giving it one more try. This time he tried tickling JC’s nose. JC twitched his nose and sneezed before finally waking up. He looked up at Chris who was standing there grinning. JC yanked the feather out of his hand before mumbling, "Go away, Chris." and rolling over to go back to sleep.

When he laid his head back down he felt something odd in his hair. JC gingerly touch his head then jumped to his feet and dashed over to the decorative mirror that was hanging on the wall. When he saw his reflection he screamed, "CHRIS! I’m gonna KILL you!" and started chasing his band mate around the room. If anybody had still been asleep, they sure weren’t now.

"It wasn’t me! I swear!" Chris said running from JC and hiding behind their bodyguard, Wes.

"Then who was it?" JC shrieked. Just as he said that JC caught sight of Fantasia cracking up laughing. "YOU!" JC screamed pointing at Fantasia and starting to chase after her.

"Uh-oh." Fantasia said diving behind Joey for protection.

"I told you he was going to kill you." Joey said with a smirk.

"I can see that." she replied.

"Let me at her!" JC said trying to get past Joey.

"Dude, you don’t have to kill her. It was just a joke." Joey said.

"Yeah, I thought you knew how to take a joke." Fantasia added. "Not one like this!" JC screamed.

"Well, if you relax and sit down I’ll take them out." she said.

Fantasia sat down in a chair and JC sat down on the floor in front of her. Just as she was finishing taking out JC’s dreads, Johnny came into the room.

"Great news guys! The plane is in and they’re almost ready to start loading us on." Then he noticed Fantasia brushing JC’s hair. "I don’t even want to know what you two have been up to." Johnny said before leaving the room. He was used to the guys’ antics, but this was just bizarre!

Chapter End Notes:
Sorry this chapter is so short. In the next chapter things will start to heat up. =D As always, the more feedback you leave, the faster I type.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story