Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry, it took me so long to get this chapter up. I haven't been typing as much lately.

After a few more hours of sleep, Fantasia woke up to Joey smiling at her. She snuggled closer to him and he kissed her. "So do you want to go to the mall today?" he asked.

Fantasia looked at him like he was insane. "Do you really want to spend your day off being chased by a mob of psycho fans?" she asked.

"Well… no." Joey replied.

"Then why do you want to go?" she asked still confused.

"Well, I assume you want to go to the premiere party for Celebrity tomorrow night."

"Yeah…." Fantasia replied still not getting it.

"And did you bring anything to wear to a premiere?" he asked. Fantasia thought for a few seconds before a rather panicked look spread across her face. "So do you want to go to the mall?" he repeated with a small smirk.

"Yes!" she shrieked jumping out of bed. Joey couldn’t help laughing a little as he got up. After they showered together and got dressed they left for the mall.

Once they got there Joey asked, "So what kind of outfit do you want?"

"I’m not even sure what would be appropriate." Fantasia admitted sheepishly.

Joey smiled and said, "Well, it’s not formal like the Grammy’s or anything. As long as it’s nice you can wear whatever you want."

"Would Fuman Skeeto be nice enough?" she asked.

Joey smiled and shook his head. "That would be just fine. I’m sure that’s what Chris will be wearing." The pair headed straight for Nordstroms.

They started looking through the racks and tables of Fuman Skeeto clothes. Soon Fantasia found a pair of jeans that she loved. They were trimmed with gold studs down the outsides of the legs and along the front pockets. On the backside the studs spelled out Fuman Skeeto.

"Oh, wow! Those are cool!" Joey commented.

Then Fantasia read the price tag, "$65.00!"

"I’ll buy them for you." he offered.

"No, that’s ok. I can pay for them." she said.

"But I want to." he said whining a little.

Fantasia started to protest again, but Joey snatched the pants out of her hands and headed for the checkout. "Joey!" Fantasia said grabbing his arm, "Let me at least try them on first. Sometimes with Fuman Skeeto even the extra small is too big on me."

"Really?" he asked surprised.

She nodded and said, "I have this one pair of blue Fuball shorts. They’re an extra small, but I can’t get them to stay up."

"Is that really a bad thing?" Joey asked with an evil grin. Fantasia smacked him playfully. "You know, you should talk to Chris about it." he said in a more serious tone, "Maybe there’s something he can do about it."

"Something I can do about what?" Chris asked walking over to them, "What’s the matter, Joe? Having trouble satisfying your woman and you need my expert advise?"

"No!" Joey shrieked. Fantasia just rolled her eyes.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Joey asked.

"I had a meeting with Nordstroms. But seriously, what’s this big problem that you can’t handle?"

"It has nothing to do with me. It’s a Fuman problem." Joey said.

"What’s the problem?" Chris asked in a goofy, mock business like tone. Fantasia once again explained the problem with her shorts.

"Um… ok…but I still don’t see what the problem is." Chris said. Fantasia smacked him, but not quite as playfully as she did Joey. "Oww! I’m kidding! I’m kidding!" Chris whined.

"Seriously, is there anything you can do?" Fantasia asked.

"I think I know what the problem is, but I’ve got to call Dani to make sure." he said taking his cell phone out of his pocket.

While Chris talked to his partner in crime, Fantasia went to try the pants on. When she returned a few minutes later Chris was just hanging up his phone. As she rejoined the guys wearing the pants their mouths dropped open.

"What?" she asked confused.

The guys couldn’t believe how hot she looked! The jeans were snug enough in the right places to show off her curves. But were loose enough in others so she didn’t feel like she was being squeezed to death.

"Wow! You look hot in those!" Chris exclaimed.

Fantasia just stared at him completely shocked. Joey hadn’t even told her that she was hot. She had no clue on how to respond so she changed the subject.

"What did Dani say about the shorts?"

"Huh? Oh, that." Chris said snapping out of his daze, "It was what I thought. Several shipments got screwed up. The extra smalls were labeled mediums and the mediums were labeled extra small. Dani’s working on finding a pair that really are extra small."

As they talked Joey circled around Fantasia, admiring the view and running his hands over her hips. When Chris and Fantasia finished talking the store manager came over and stole him away. She had a few more questions for him.

Fantasia turned to Joey, who was standing there staring at her with his mouth hanging open. "So are these ok for the premiere?" she asked. He just nodded eagerly. "Joey, you’re drooling."

He mumbled a "Sorry." as he wiped his mouth. Fantasia smiled sweetly at him. She liked having a guy that thought that she was hot enough to drool over.

"Well, I’m going to change out of these and then we can look for a shirt."

"Do you need any help?" he asked with an evil grin.

"Joey!" she giggled as she retreated to the dressing room.

While Joey was waiting for her Chris returned. "She changing?" Chris asked. Joey nodded his head. "And why aren’t you holding her purse?" Chris asked.

Joey shot him a confused look and said, "She didn’t ask me to."

Chris turned around and picked up a white Fuman Skeeto T-shirt. It had maroon lettering on it that read "Love is when he holds your purse while you shop." Joey groaned and rolled his eyes as Fantasia came up beside him. She read the shirt and started laughing.

"That’s cute!"

The trio started looking for a shirt to match her jeans. Chris suggested several tops but none of them were Fuman Skeeto and they were all skimpier than Fantasia cared for. "Don’t you want me to buy Fuman Skeeto?" she asked Chris.

"Sure, I do!" he exclaimed.

"Then why do you keep showing me clothes that aren’t Fu?" she asked.

Chris shrugged and said, "I thought you’d look hot in them."

"Uh-huh." she said in a disbelieving tone before turning back to the racks of clothes. Joey and Chris kind of shrugged at each other before continuing with the search.

After a few minutes, Fantasia picked up a white tank top and looked at it rather confused. The only thing that was on it was a red lobster. "Chris, what’s with the lobster?" she asked turning to face him and holding up the shirt.

"It’s a lobster tank." he explained with a smirk. Fantasia looked at the shirt again for a couple seconds then burst out laughing.

"That’s hilarious! I’m going to have to get this one." she said. But the tank top didn’t match her jeans so they kept looking.

Soon Joey held up a shirt and asked, "How about this one?" The shirt was a black baby doll shirt with the Japanese-style Fu logo on it in gold.

"That’s perfect!" she exclaimed.

On the way to the checkout Chris asked, "Do you want to get some new shoes, too?"

Fantasia glanced down at her *Nsync tennis shoes then asked, "What’s wrong with my shoes?" Joey and Chris wrinkled up their faces, trying to figure out how to tell her that they weren’t really appropriate. Fantasia took the hint and sighed. "I guess so, but not here. I’ve never spent more than $20 on a pair of shoes and I’d like to keep it that way. Besides, I don’t think they’d have anything in my size anyway."

"What size do you wear?" asked Chris.

"A size 3 in kids’." she replied.

"Damn! I thought I had small feet." Chris exclaimed.

After Joey paid for the jeans and Fantasia paid for her two shirts, the three of them left to find a shoe store. They stopped at the mall directory to see what shoe stores there were.

"Let’s just go to Pay-Less. It’s not that far." Fantasia said.

"Or there’s a shoe store right there." Chris said pointing to a very expensive looking store.

"Guys!" Fantasia said starting to protest, but it was too late. They were already dashing towards the store. She just rolled her eyes and followed them into the store. Fantasia figured that she’d just look around a little.

When she caught up with the guys they were both holding up a pair of shoes in each hand. Surprisingly enough, they were all in her size. She decided to humor the guys and try them on. Fantasia fell in love with a pair of little black boots that Chris had picked out. That is until she turned them over and saw the price.

"$150!!!"

"I’ll buy ‘em." Chris and Joey said in unison. The two guys looked at each other.

"I picked them out." Chris argued.

"She’s my girlfriend." Joey argued back.

Fantasia interrupted the guys by saying, "No! Just forget it. They’re too expensive."

She put her own shoes back on, grabbed her bags and walked out of the store. Chris and Joey looked at each other confused before they jumped up and ran after her.

Before Joey had a chance to ask what was wrong Fantasia stated bluntly, "I’m going to Pay-Less where the shoes are affordable."

Joey followed Fantasia to Pay-Less. Chris decided to go into nearby video games store and leave the two lovebirds alone.

On the way to Pay-Less, Joey kept begging Fantasia to tell him why she wouldn’t let him buy the boots. As they reached the store Fantasia finally gave in. She explained how she didn’t want to turn into the girl from their song "Celebrity". Joey nearly burst out laughing.

"I don’t think you have to worry about that. Those girls want everything in sight. You haven’t asked for anything."

"Exactly!" Fantasia replied, "I’m a shopaholic. If I get started I don’t know if I could stop."

They discussed the subject some more while Fantasia tried on shoes. She found another pair of little black boots that she liked. They weren’t as nice as the other pair, but they were on sale for $15.

"Are you sure you don’t want those other boots?" Joey asked.

"I’m sure." she replied nodding her head.

"Well, can I at least buy these for you?" he asked.

"I think I can afford $15." she said.

"Please?" he whined, "I wuv you."

Fantasia looked up at his big, brown puppy dog eyes and she just couldn’t say no. "Ok."

"Yay!" Joey cheered hugging her.

After he paid for her boots, Joey and Fantasia went looking for Chris. He was no longer in the video games store. While they were searching, Fantasia suddenly stopped and said, "Wait, I want to go in here."

The store she was pointing to was Hot Topic, a Goth clothing store.

"Why do you want to go in there?" Joey asked confused. But Fantasia didn’t even hear him. She was already inside the store.

Joey quickly found her and saw why she wanted to go in there. They had He-Man T-shirts! Fantasia had already picked up a black shirt with Orko on it. She was now looking at a white shirt with a picture of He-Man holding up his sword. Underneath it had those famous words, "I have the power!"

Just then a sales girl dressed in Goth motif approached them and asked, "Is there anything I can hel- * yelp *. Ah, shit! You’re Joey Fatone!"

Joey wasn’t sure if she meant that as a good thing or a bad thing. Before either he or Fantasia could say anything the sales girl started babbling about how much she loved *Nsync. When she finally stopped to catch her breath, Fantasia and Joey stared at her a little stunned.

"I’m sorry. I know I’m not your typical fan. But I also never thought you’d come in here. Where is my head? My name’s Kat." she said extending her hand.

Joey shook her hand and said, "It’s nice to meet you."

Suddenly Kat remembered something. "Hey, Joey! We just got some new Superman stuff in. You’ve gotta see it! I was thinking about you while I was putting it out."

She grabbed his arm and pulled him across the store. Fantasia couldn’t help laughing a little.

Fifteen minutes later Joey returned to Fantasia’s side with an armload of Superman clothes and merchandise. She looked at him with raised eyebrows. He shrugged and said, "I guess you’re not the only shopaholic."

Fantasia smiled and shook her head. "I hope you can get all that in you suitcase."

Joey looked down at the pile of clothes in his arms and thought about it. "Ah, I’ll make ‘em fit."

Fantasia had a feeling that she would be sitting on his suitcase while he tried to latch it.

"So how many He-Man shirts do you want me to buy you?" Joey asked.

"Joey! Don’t you think you’ve bought me enough today?" she asked. Joey just gave her another sad puppy dog face. Fantasia sighed and said, "Ok, fine. But you’ve got to let me buy something."

"Why?" he asked whining a little.

"Because the last time I was in a Hot Topic I filled up my frequent buyer card so I get 15% off my next purchase." she explained.

"Actually," Kat said interrupting, "if you want me to I can put the discount on Joey’s items."

"Really?" Fantasia asked.

"Sure. I’d do anything for Joey." Kat replied winking at him. "Just don’t tell my boss." she added in a hushed tone.

"Are there anymore shirts that you want?" Joey asked Fantasia.

"No, I don’t think so." she replied.

"You mean you don’t want that She-ra shirt?" he asked pointing to a shirt that she had somehow overlooked.

"Sure! Why not?" she replied finding one in her size and adding it to the pile. Joey also decided to get an Orko shirt for himself. After Kat rang up all their new clothes, the grand total made Fantasia cringe.

"Relax. It was mostly my Superman stuff." Joey said slipping his arm around her waist.

When they got back to the hotel Joey and Fantasia dropped their bags and collapsed onto the bed.

Chapter End Notes:
As always, PLEASE leave me some feedback.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story