Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry that it's taken me like FOREVER to get this chapter up. I just get really busy in the summer. Plus my best friend got me addicted to Webkinz. :P I hope to get back to posting reguraly.

The next morning Joey and Fantasia went downstairs for breakfast. After getting her food Fantasia saw Jamie sitting by herself, stabbing her pancakes with her fork. Fantasia went to sit with Jamie while Joey went to sit with the guys.


Joey sat down at the table with the other guys. "Where’s Fantasia?" Chris asked with his mouth full of food.

Joey looked at Chris disgusted before saying, "She’s sitting with Jamie. She wanted to talk to her about something."

"Probably you." Chris replied. As Chris continued to pick on Joey, Justin didn’t even look up from his bowl of cereal.

Meanwhile, across the room, Fantasia sat down across from Jamie. "Are you ok?" Fantasia asked.

"Justin’s an asshole." Jamie replied stabbing at her pancakes even harder.

"What’d he do?" Fantasia asked.

"Well, yesterday was my birthday." Jamie started.

"It was?" Fantasia asked, "Happy slightly belated birthday." Jamie smiled a tiny bit. "What did you two do?" Fantasia asked.

"Nothing." Jamie replied stabbing at her pancakes again.

"Nothing?" Fantasia asked confused, "He had the whole day off yesterday."

"The asshole forgot." Jamie replied. She laid down her fork and pushed her plate away. She really didn’t feel like eating anything.

"He forgot!" Fantasia shrieked. She jumped out of her chair and stalked over to the table where the guys were sitting. All the guys looked up except for Justin. Joey knew that look on her face. Before he had a chance to ask her what was wrong, Fantasia smacked Justin in the back of the head so hard that he nearly did a face plant in his cereal!

"What the FUCK was that for?" Justin screamed as he rubbed the back of his head. The other four guys just stared at her with their mouths hanging open.

Fantasia turned to Lance and Joey and asked, "Do you want to know what he and Jamie were fighting about last night?" Joey and Lance glanced at each other. Fantasia didn’t wait for them to respond. She turned back towards Justin and said, "He forgot her BIRTHDAY!"

"What! How could you forget?" Chris asked Justin. Fantasia turned on her heel and stalked back to the table where Jamie was sitting. The guys immediately started badgering Justin about how he could forget his girlfriend’s birthday.

As Fantasia sat back down across from Jamie she noticed the stunned look on her face. "What?" Fantasia asked, "You just gotta know how to handle him."

"Thanks," Jamie said, "but I think I’m going to break up with him."

"Over one missed birthday?" Fantasia asked confused.

Jamie shook her head and said, "There’s more to it than that. I don’t think he loves me anymore. When he has time off he only wants to hang out with the guys. When I ask if I can tag along to a photo shoot or interview, he says Johnny wouldn’t allow it. I point out that you go all the time. He says it’s because you’re their masseur and they need you."

Fantasia got a confused look on her face. "No, I go because Joey wants me there."

"See what I mean?" Jamie replied. Fantasia sighed and looked over at Justin.

Meanwhile, at the guys’ table, Justin was sick of the rest of the guys nagging him. "I didn’t FORGET!" he screamed.

"Then why dose she think you forgot?" Lance asked.

Justin sighed and said, "Because I wrote it down in the wrong spot on my calendar. I thought it was next week, not yesterday. She didn’t say anything about it until late last night. I tried to explain this to her, but she wouldn’t listen to me."

"Did you even get her anything?" JC asked.

Justin nodded. "I ordered her a custom made diamond bracelet, but it won’t be here for at least a few more days. I told her I ordered her something, but she didn’t believe me. She accused me of lying to cover my own ass."

"Why didn’t you show her the receipt?" Chris asked. He knew that Justin would have to have a receipt for an item like that.

"I couldn’t find it." Justin sighed, "I’ve been so busy planning the perfect day that I haven’t been spending as much time with her."

Justin got up from the table and walked over to where Jamie and Fantasia were sitting. He wanted to try to talk to Jamie. She hadn’t said a word to him all morning. As Justin approached the table, Fantasia decided to leave them alone and excused herself. She went back over to where the rest of the guys were sitting and sat down next to Joey. Jamie still refused to listen to anything Justin had to say. As they watched them fight, Joey told Fantasia what Justin had said.

Just as he finished Jamie slapped Justin across the face and screamed, "It’s OVER! I never want to see you again!" She stormed off and Justin slumped down in a chair. Now Fantasia felt bad for smacking Justin before getting his side of the story. She was just about to go after Jamie when Johnny came over to tell the guys it was time to leave. Fantasia didn’t feel like she had any right to be giving out relationship advice anyway. After all, she really didn’t have any experience.

Later that morning Fantasia was on the bus with the guys. They were on their way to one of their countless interviews. Fantasia was standing by the tiny kitchen talking to Lance. Chris was behind her digging around in his bunk for something. Suddenly a pillow came flying out and hit Fantasia in the back. She picked up the pillow and couldn’t help smiling a little. It was a black, square pillow with Steelers football helmets all over it. She could tell that it had been lovingly made and hand quilted.

"That’s my Steelers pillow that a fan made for me." Chris said, "I really need to email her and thank her. It’s the best pillow I’ve ever had! I’ve got her name in here somewhere." He opened up his planner and started looking through the front pocket. After shifting through business cards, receipts and various scraps of paper he finally found what he was looking for. "Ah! Here it is. Her name is…." Suddenly Chris froze and stared at the piece of paper.

"What!?! What is it?" Lance asked eagerly.

"You?…. It was you?" Chris asked staring hard at Fantasia.

She grinned at him. "I’m just glad to know that you got it," she said handing the pillow back to him.


"Wait a second! That means you’re the one who gave me that plush Baby Taz!" Lance exclaimed. The next thing she knew, Fantasia was sandwiched in between the two guys in a hug.

"What’d you trying to do? Squeeze my girl to death?" Joey asked coming into the room. He had been in the back of the bus playing video games with JC. Chris and Lance let go of Fantasia and they both started talking at once. "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! One at a time!" Joey said. Chris and Lance took turns telling him what they just discovered. "That was you?" Joey asked shocked. Fantasia just nodded. He burst out laughing and said, "I should’ve known."

The guys even had an interview to do while they had lunch. The fancy restaurant gave them a private room in the back.

"What magazine is this?" Chris asked as they walked into the room.

"Who knows." JC groaned.

"I believe its Rolling Stone." Lance replied.

As the guys were getting settled a very attractive female reporter with long, red hair entered the room. "Hello, I’m Marisa." The guys all stood to greet her. While Marisa got out her paperwork, Fantasia and the guys ordered their lunch.

"Before we begin," Marisa said a few minutes later, "I was wondering if Fantasia would mind answering a few questions." Fantasia was stunned! Magazines never interviewed the girlfriend. Unsure of what to do she glanced over at the guys. They were just as stunned as she was.

"Ah…ok…sure." Fantasia replied.

"Great!" Marisa exclaimed, "To save time I went ahead and typed up the questions. You can just fill it out while I interview the guys." She handed Fantasia a two-page packet. "Its just some basic questions like where you’re from, what you like, how you met Joey, that sort of stuff." Fantasia just nodded as she took the packet.

After about ten minutes the food arrived. Fantasia ate her lunch, filled out the questionnaire and listened in on the guys’ interview all at the same time. The first five questions were typical stuff: name, birthday, hometown, hobbies and pets. Questions six and seven are where it started to get interesting: "How’d you meet Joey?" and "Is he a good kisser?" But question eight is where things got a little strange: "Ok, be honest! How big is Joey’s meat?" Fantasia was completely appalled, but she knew exactly what to say. "Just the right size." From there on the questions got more and more disturbing. As Fantasia flipped to the second page she took a drink of her soda, which was a mistake. When she read the final question she nearly did a spit take! "What is Joey’s favorite trick that you perform in bed?"

Joey looked over at Fantasia concerned. "Are you ok?" he asked.

"Not really." she replied, handing him the list of questions, "Start with number seven."

As he skimmed the questions, Joey’s ever-present grin disappeared. He was so completely stunned that he didn’t even hear Marisa ask him a question. After she said his name a couple times and didn’t get a response, Chris tried his own method. "Hey, Phat One! Wake up!"

Joey finally looked up. "Huh?"

"This nice lady here was trying to ask you a question, but you were so rudely ignoring her." Chris explained.

"Huh? Oh…ah…sorry. Could you please repeat the question?" Joey asked as he slipped the list of questions to a confused Lance.

Lance started to skim through the questions. It didn’t take long before JC got curious and peered over his shoulder. They soon figured out what Joey wanted them to see. "You can’t ask that!" JC screamed jumping out of his chair.

"I’m sorry? I’m not allowed to ask if Joey’s brother was filming this tour?" Marisa asked innocently.

"Not that! This!" JC screamed, holding up the questionnaire.

"What is it?" Chris asked.

"Let me see!" Justin said. They both jumped out of their chairs and took the packet from JC. It didn’t take long before they started screaming at Marisa too.

"What in the world is going on over here?" Johnny asked coming over. He had been having a meeting of his own at a nearby table. Justin handed him the list of questions while Lance explained to him what had happened. "This is outrageous!" Johnny screamed, "I’m calling your boss and our lawyer right now!"

Just as he was about to dial the number on his cell phone the door opened and a tall, slightly older woman with short, dark blonde hair came in. "I’m sorry that I’m so late. There was a huge accident on the freeway. I was stuck in traffic for almost three hours! I hope my assistant, Joan, kept you company."

"Assistant!" everybody screamed. The guys crowded around her, asking questions so fast that she couldn’t understand a word they were saying. "Guys! Guys!" Johnny said, "Let me handle this. You go finish your lunch." Reluctantly, the guys returned to the table.

Johnny turned to the new woman. "Joan is your assistant? So you must be Marisa."

"Yes! Now do you mind explaining what’s going on?" she asked.

"Well, Joan gave Joey’s girlfriend this questionnaire to fill out."

"Joan! You never, EVER interview the girlfriend. You know that!"

"I’m afraid that it gets worse." Johnny said handing the list of questions to Marisa.

When she finished reading them Marisa turned to Joan and said, "I need to speak with you in the hallway NOW!" Joan reluctantly followed Marisa out into the hallway. As soon as they were out the door, Chris and Justin jumped up out of their chairs and pressed their ears to the door. Even if you didn’t have your ear up to the door you could still hear Marisa screaming at Joan. The last thing they heard was her screaming, "When we get back to the office you are so fucking fired!"

Joey wrapped his arms around Fantasia and asked, "Are you ok?"

"Me?" she replied shocked, "I was going to ask you the same thing. You’re the one all the questions were about!"

Joey smiled at her. "I’ll be ok as long as I have you."

Just then Marisa and Joan came back into the room. Marisa ordered Joan to sit in a chair in the corner and be quiet before approaching Johnny. "I am terribly sorry about all this. Joan isn’t even authorized to conduct interviews. We’ve never had anything like this happen before."

"Neither have we." he replied.

"Actually," she continued, "come to think of it… I’ve never even done an interview where the girlfriend was present."

"It’s a little new for us too. I just can’t seem to tear them apart for two minutes."

Marisa couldn’t help laughing a little. "I’m just not sure what to do next." she said, "I need to call my boss and see what he thinks." Johnny just nodded as she pulled out her cell phone. While Marisa was on the phone she wandered over to the table to look at Joan’s notes from the interview. She was surprised to find that Joan had followed her questions to the letter. After a few more minutes she went back over to Johnny. "He wants to talk to you."

Johnny took the phone from her. "Hello…. Yes, this is he." After about ten minutes he hung up the phone and gave it back to Marisa.

"So what are we doing?" Lance asked.

"Were going to finish the interview. Marisa is going to pick up where Joan left off." Johnny replied.

"But won’t that make us late for our next interview?" JC pointed out.

Johnny nodded and said, "I’ll have to call them and tell them that we’re running late." Everybody sat back down around the table. It only took Marisa about fifteen minutes to finish the interview.

While Marisa finished up with the guys, Johnny carefully read over Joan’s questionnaire and Fantasia’s answers. As the guys were just finishing the interview he approached Fantasia. "I noticed that you put an answer down for number eight."

"Oh, yeah. Well, that was before I saw how… ah… disturbing the rest of the questions were." she explained.

"I understand. It’s just that your answer…. Well, it was very clever. And I bet it made Joey feel good, too! How’d you come up with that?"

Fantasia shrugged and said, "It just sorta came to me."

"What? What’s so clever?" Chris asked dashing over. He hadn’t looked at Fantasia’s answers when he had read the questions. Before Johnny could even react Chris had snatched the paper right out of his hand. It only took a few seconds before Chris burst out laughing, attracting the attention of the other guys. Soon they were all laughing and making jokes about Joey. Joey just smiled sheepishly.

"Ok, guys." Johnny said, "We have to get going. We’re running late as it is." After everybody was on the bus, Johnny gathered everybody together for a quick meeting. "I was wondering what you guys wanted to do about Joan."

"You mean, like, sue her?" JC asked.

"That’s one option." Johnny replied.

"I don’t think that’s necessary." Lance said.

"Yeah, as long as she gets fired." Justin agreed.

"And nothing gets leaked to the press." Chris added.

"Joey, what do you think?" Johnny asked.

"Making sure she’s fired sounds good, but what if she tries to sue us?"

"You mean like the girl that tried to claim that Justin verbally assaulted her when she said she liked JC better?" Fantasia commented. The guys were used to her blurting out oddball facts about *Nsync, but Johnny wasn’t. He just stared at her rather stunned. "Or the parents that thought it was your fault when their daughter committed suicide while she was listening to ‘Bye Bye Bye’."

"Ah, yeah. Something like those cases." Johnny said. "But even if Joan would try to sue us, she wouldn’t have much of a case. Marisa let me hang on to the questionnaire and I’m supposed to call her boss back tomorrow." The guys agreed to just let Johnny handle it.

Justin sighed and slumped down in his seat. He couldn’t wait until the interviews were over. He just wanted to get back to the hotel so he could talk to Jamie.

Chapter End Notes:
As always, I love feedback!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story