A lot of writers have expressed a desire to jump back into the fanfic world since the reappearance of our fave Fab Five. :) So here's a little something to put some AH! in your step!
POP!Tober is an *NSYNC Fiction writing challenge that runs from October 1-31. It is short, COMPLETE, stories that POP!
1. Stories must star one or more member(s) of *NSYNC. You can include anyone you want, as long as the main character is a member of *NSYNC.
2. Participants agree to provide a complete (this includes proofread/beta read/perfected) story on th day of their choosing during the month of October. NOTE: October 17th is Chris' birthday, so anyone who wants to write a Chris-centric story is encouraged to sign up on that day. We typically have unlimited signups for that day!
3. Signups are open through September 30 or until the Challenge is full.
4. Minimum of 500 words, no length maximum, but your story must be COMPLETE when posted and MUST be posted by midnight on the day you've requested. If you will be unable to fill your slot, please don't wait until the last minute. Let the Challenge Organizer know so that we can assign the day to someone else.
4a. Along the same vein, if you're having trouble, DON'T GIVE UP! Writing is hard, and there's a whole community of us that know it! We're here to help, so reach out.
I'M IN! HOW DO WE DO THIS THING???
Sign up via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following info:
- Pop!Tober in the subject line so I can filter them out and I know they aren't spam.
- Your NF username
You may also tweet the info above to me at @MissM_Jones but please verify that I got your tweet and that I've added you on your desired date.
- Your desired date(s). I try to let people sign up for a max of two dates until we are closer to the end of the signup period and we need to fill slots. The list will be posted as the dates roll in-- please let me know if you want to switch dates with someone or want additional dates once I've opened them up.
If you need an idea or a jumping off point, here are some prompts that IAlwayzBeSinging provided. Use at will and with wild abandon!
Have more ideas, a request, a story line you'd like someone to tackle? Email or tweet it to poptober@nsync-fiction or @MissM_Jones.
- The Last Weekend of Summer
- A Friends Fall Wedding
- VMA 2013 from each band members point of view
- The night before Justin’s wedding
- Your character has no experience working for a celebrity. By case of mistaken identity (or whatever else you think of) she finds herself working for one of the guys overnight, in an important position...assistant, stylist, ect. Chaos ensues.
- JC changes a tire.
- A story based on the lyrics of "Blurred Lines" - http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/robinthicke/blurredlines.html
4. Alysen Blaine
10. Ashley Loves JC
11. Ashley Loves JC
17. DiamondDoss, Kaotyk, simplyjessie73
21. God Gave Me Style
27. Alysen Blaine
28. Dawn Dustings
Categories: Challenges, Group, Completed Het Stories, Complete Slash Stories Characters: Chris Kirkpatrick, Group, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone, Justin Timberlake, Lance Bass