Four Soldiers by Antique Dilettante



Summary: Janet has always been the one to take care of her little brother. He has been like a son more than anything. Now he's in the army, and while she may only have one "son", she has four soldiers. Four soldiers, and she loves two of them. Who will win, what will happen, and how many will survive?
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Chris Kirkpatrick, JC Chasez, Lance Bass
Genres: Drama, Romance, Alternate Universe
Warnings: violence/death, adult language
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 12/09/05
Updated: 12/30/05


Four Soldiers by Antique Dilettante
Chapter 1: Prologue
Author's Notes:

Janet’s brother was in the army. He had been stationed in Missouri for his basic training, and she missed him terribly. Zach was only eighteen, had just graduated that summer, and had immediately signed up. Janet couldn’t hate him for it, it was what he had always wanted, but she still missed him.

Janet was twenty. She and her brother had lived in a small single wide trailer. She had been living on her own since she was sixteen, Zach had moved in two years ago. Their parents were less than loving, and she didn’t want her little brother living there any longer than he had to. Janet had taken care of him ever since, and now that he was in the army, it was no different.

Zach was in the army, he was her brother, but she had four soldiers. There were three others that she wrote to regularly and sent goodies to. They didn’t have very supportive families, and she was more than happy to be there for them. Everyone needed someone, soldiers included. And of course, Janet had always been a sucker for a man in uniform.

It was now December 19th. Zach would be home tomorrow for Christmas, and he was bringing his soldiers with him. Janet was anxious to meet them. Writing letters and knowing someone face to face was totally different, and the idea of meeting those she had been helping to cheer up and take care of only helped to improve her good mood.

Sitting on the couch with the letter in her hand, candy cane sticking out of the corner of her mouth, Janet smiled.

Dear Janet;

I’ll be home on December 20th. No worries about picking me up, I have a ride to the house. I know you won’t mind, so I’m bringing your soldiers home to you. They’re ecstatic to meet you. I’m so glad you’ve been writing to them. It’s nice to see their faces light up when they get your letters or your packages. You’re a great sister, Janet, and I’m sure the guys will all fall in love with you as soon as they meet you. I can’t say that I’d mind. They’re all great, and you’d be great for them.

I can’t wait to see you again, sis. Just remember that I love you. And please, don’t tell mom and dad if you can help it. I don’t want to have to see them.

-Zach


The corners of her mouth twitched upward. Finally she’d meet them! Josh, Lance, and Chris. They were all amazing guys, all of them so kind from their letters, and each one unique in his own way. It would be a lie to say she felt platonically toward all three, but Janet refused to tell anyone which of the soldiers she liked. She didn’t want to hurt any of them. They were doing something amazing, and who was she to make them miserable while they were training? Missouri was cold enough as it was, she didn’t need to make it colder for them by making them feel unloved.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=10551