Papa Don't Preach by angel_from_africa



Summary: JC and Joey raising two teenagers, one finds out she is pregnant

Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: JC Chasez, Joey Fatone, Lance Bass
Genres: Drama
Warnings: adult language
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 03/05/06
Updated: 04/30/06


Papa Don't Preach by angel_from_africa
Chapter 1: Chapter 1
Author's Notes:

 

            It wasn’t something he was expecting, he was never expecting it. Joey sat on the couch staring speechless into space.

            “Dad?” his eighteen year old daughter Brianna asked him after a while.

            Joey snapped out his trance and looked at his daughter; he needed to compose himself if he was going to make a decision here.

            “What were you thinking?” he asked her, he saw the tears in her eyes as she heard the sound of his voice.

            “I’m sorry dad, I didn’t mean to it just happened,” Brianna replied and burying her face in her hands began to sob.

            “How can it just happen?” Joey asked, in his experience these things just didn’t happen.

            “We were at this party, and we were drinking...” she managed to reply through broken tears. Joey looked at his daughter shocked. Yes, he could handle her drinking, but this was too much for him.

            “We?” he asked, he’d never really heard about the other party until now

            She looked up and nodded, “Yeah me and Bryce.”

            “Bryce?” Joey repeated shocked to hear that name. “As in Bryce Chasez? JC’s son?” He was in utter shock now. Brianna nodded meekly, and Joey noticed her face was already red from crying.

            “But please don’t tell him dad,” Brianna asked her eyes pleading. Joey looked at her in disbelief, how was he not supposed to tell JC? Tell him that their children were going to have a baby.

 

            “Hell no,” JC said shaking his head at Joey, and Joey nodded in agreement.

            “Yeah well it’s true,” Joey said looking down at his hands.

            “How the hell can he let this happen?” JC asked, bewildered that his son could have acted like this. “Bryce!” JC called up the stairs to his son and Joey placed a hand on his arm.

            “Jayce...” Joey began and JC glared at him.

            “No Joe, I don’t want to hear it,” JC snapped and looked at Brianna, who was sitting next to her dad. “How you two could be so irresponsible?”

            “Yeah dad?” Joey looked up, and saw a younger version of JC standing in front of them.

            “Bryce, sit down we want to talk to you,” JC said, the tone of his voice unwavering. Bryce looked at his father confused, but then noticed Brianna sitting in-between JC and Joey and his face went pale. He didn’t answer; he just did as he was told.

            “W-What happened?” Bryce asked scared, he looked between the two adults.

            “Bryce, how can you let this happen?” JC asked cutting straight to the chase, Bryce looked at his father confused.

            “W-What do you mean dad?” Bryce asked, a little bit scared.

            “You know what I mean. Brianna, the party last month…” JC began his voice trailing off. He looked at his son expecting him to answer.

            “Oh that,” Bryce replied looking down at his shoes and JC nodded.

            “Yeah that. What do you have to say?” JC asked his voice stern. “Bryce look at me when I talk to you.”

            Bryce looked up at his dad cautiously. “Well, um, we were there and we were drinking and it sort of happened. We’re sorry, we didn’t mean any harm.”

            “You didn’t mean any harm?” JC repeated, his voice rising in anger. “Bryce that is not a good enough excuse.”

            “I know dad,” Bryce mumbled and looked back at his feet.

            “Good, because both Uncle Joey and I are very upset, as I’m sure Aunt Kelly and your mom will be too,” JC said and glanced at Joey who nodded uncertainly. “Right Joe?”

            “Yeah sure,” Joey replied and looked at his daughter. “Brianna that goes for you too, but we’ve already had this conversation. I’ll wait till we get home to talk to your mother.”

            “What? Dad, no,” Brianna pleaded looking up at her dad but Joey shook his head.

            “I’m sorry Brianna but she has to know,” Joey said adamantly and looked at JC who nodded.

            “Right you two, we’ll wait until we can speak to your mothers about this, then we’ll decide what should be done,” JC said and stood up, both kids looked at him in disarray.

            “Don’t we get a say in this? Dad?” Brianna asked and Joey shook his head.

            “Did we get a say when you two decided to sleep together?” JC challenged looking between the two teenagers.

            “No,” Brianna said.

            “Sorry dad,” Bryce added looking at his shoes still.

            “Yeah you bet your ass your sorry. Now Bryce go to your room until your mother gets back, your grounded until this baby is born,” JC said looking at his son who looked at his father shocked.

            “Dad…” Bryce began but JC shook his head.

            “No Bryce, upstairs now. This is your mistake and your going to take full responsibility for it,” JC answered sternly, Bryce just nodded and stood up.

            “Okay, see you later Bree, Uncle Joey,” Bryce replied, and left to go to his room.

            “Bye Bryce,” Brianna said softly, Joey just ignored him and looked at his friend.

            “Okay, well we’ll get going so Bree and I can talk to Kel when she gets home, then we’ll call you when we’ve figured out what to do,” Joey said standing up and JC nodded.

            “Yeah dude, I’ll do that too. Let me walk you out,” JC replied as both Joey and Brianna made their way to the door.

            “Nah man, it’s ok but do call. I’ll catch you later, bye,” Joey said waving over his shoulder.

            “Okay, bye Joe, Brianna,” JC said as he watched his friend leave.

            “Bye Uncle Josh,” Brianna said following her dad out the door. As Brianna and Joey left, JC wondered how in hell he was going to tell his wife that their son had gotten Brianna Fatone pregnant, which would be one heck of a conversation.

 


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=10928