A Daddy to Call My Own by Leeann



Summary: Hey guys, it's Veronica, or Vee as I'd like you to call me. This is the story of my life, well the first real part of my life that I wrote myself. I've always longed for a father, or as I'd like to call him a 'daddy'. I'd never known and this is a tale of my journey to find him. I would feel honored if you read it and took something away with you.

Rating: PG starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Group, Lance Bass
Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance
Warnings: adult language
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 03/25/06
Updated: 06/20/06


A Daddy to Call My Own by Leeann
Chapter 1: Prologue: An Introduction
Author's Notes: This is the prologue of my new story. Please leave a review and let me know what you think. I have a few chapters written, but I'm only going to add the prologue for now.


Hello everybody, my name is Veronica Nicole McDonald, my friends call me Vee and I'd appreciate it if you did too, anyway, I'm going to tell you the story of my first real journey of life. If you are weak of stomach, perhaps this isn't the story for you. This journey was full of ups and downs, of anger and pain, and even a little love.

My journey began the day after school let out my Junior year of High school. Only one year remained, before the big cap and gown. But before I go there, why don't I give you a little background info about my life up until that point.

I grew up in Los Angeles, California with my mum Leeann who is an abstract painter and a well known local artist. She's really great, she gave me everything I could ever have wanted; a place to live, food in my stomach, all the love I ever needed, but most importantly she let me be an individual. She always encouraged me to be whatever I wanted to be, do whatever I wanted to do. To always strive for my dreams no matter how hard or long it took.

The one thing that was missing from my life was a father, or as I'd like to call him, a daddy. All of my friends are 'daddy's girls' but I've never had a chance to experience that feeling. To have a conversation with my daddy, to have a dance with him, to have him call me his baby girl. I know it doesn't sound that great, but to me it is, it's the greatest desire of my heart. My mum always told me that I was better off not knowing him and that she was trying to protect me from getting hurt like she was, but I always felt incomplete.

That brings me up to now. I'd always longed to know my daddy on a personal level. I have a picture of him and she told me who he is, but he's literally on the other side of the country. Are you ready for this? My daddy is Lance Bass of Nsync. Can you imagine? Lance Bass - of the old boy band that was popular in the late 1990's early 2000's - is my daddy. I've had opportunities to go meet him when he's been in the city, but mum has never let me go.

The day after school let out was the day I decided to take hold of my own kite strings, as mum had been flying my kite up until then and now it was time for me to branch out and find myself...

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=10952