Undesirable by angel_from_africa



Summary:

Josh is back.. well for now anyways, what will Lila do? Can she save her daughter from getting her hopes torn down or will she fall for Josh's charms again?

 

p.s we won for josh as ultimate badass! yay!! Thanks to all that voted!!


Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Genres: Alternate Universe, Comedy, Drama
Warnings: adult language
Challenges: None
Series: Unwelcomed Series
Published: 05/24/06
Updated: 06/04/06


Undesirable by angel_from_africa
Chapter 1: Chapter 1
Author's Notes: this is the sequal to unwanted!! Enjoy!!


            So remember when I said images never last forever? Well in Josh’s case images deteriorate in five seconds flat, as he sets them all into flames with glee.

            Sara hasn’t seen her father, since well, a week after she was born. He disappeared and ever since he did Alex can’t shut his mouth about it. He keeps telling me that it was inevitable; Josh was a wolf in sheep’s clothing.

            Now it’s been five years since we all last saw Josh, the last hint of him that I got was a cheek in the mail for $10,000. I guess Josh thought that’d be enough for his daughter. I mean in his world money can replace anything right? Even a father, or so it seems. But in this world nothing happens in that way.

            In Sara’s case, Alex has become sort of like a father figure to her, I mean he is there more than Josh could ever be. Alex does a wonderful job of it, he has been there for every play and every parent’s meeting.

            And Sara, my darling Sara, she adores Alex. She follows him everywhere he goes, and looks up to him. I don’t think she really minds that Josh isn’t here, I mean yes she’s asked me about twice about Josh, but that’s it. In fact, she’s beginning to pick up some of Alex’s attitudes towards her father.

            But even thought Sara has the same attitude as Alex towards Josh, she is like his mirror image. She has his beautiful Josh eyes; you know the ones he loves to bat away at anything alive? And she’s got his brown curls. Actually she has nothing of me in her, although Alex likes to argue with that. But I’m sure even he can’t really fight for that, because even a blind mouse can see it. Sara is exactly like Josh, in every shape and form. However luckily for us, she’s refused to let Josh’s attitude get to her, which is a blessing. And in this world blessings are short to come by, especially for me.

 

            “I don’t know why you just don’t go out there and find some one,” Alex says as we wait outside the kindergarten where Sara goes to school. This has been another one of Alex’s recreational pass times, trying to get me out and about with various slime balls.

            “Because I have a child that needs me,” I say but Alex never believes this excuse.

            “No, it’s because of Josh and you know it,” Alex says without much room for argument, “I mean ever since he’s said he wanted to be in Sara’s life you’ve been waiting on the edge of your seat for him to waltz into the room and become the perfect man. Unfortunately that ain’t gonna happen and you have to admit it.” I sigh, because he’s right. I’m still waiting for Mr Perfect Josh Chasez to waltz back into our lives. But Josh isn’t perfect, as we’ve all learnt.

            “You’re right,” I say and Alex nods in agreement as the school bell goes off and millions of little kids pour out the doors. Alex grins, and it’s one of those smiles father’s smile when their children walk towards them.

            “Mommy! Uncle Alex!” Now if any other passer by saw this, all they’d see was a little girl running towards her uncle and mother. But what I saw, and I’m sure Alex saw it too, was a little female version of Josh running towards us.

            “Hey baby,” I say scooping up the little girl in my arms, “How was school?” Sara smiles at me, with her beaming smile and her blue eyes sparkling with excitement.

            “Cool!” she screams and looks over at Alex. “Uncle Alex!”

            “Hey little one,” Alex says with a smile and ruffling my daughter’s hair and then taking her in his arms. “Come on; let’s go get ice cream yeah?”

            “Yay!” Sara squeals and I look at Alex in shock.

            “Alex!” I say, because he knows that I don’t let Sara eat ice cream until after dinner. Alex looks at me with a huge smile and a wink.

            “Aww please mum?” Alex asks with a whine. “We’ll be good I promise!” I laugh at him as Sara nods her head in utter agreement.

            “Yes please mommy!” Sara begs, and now Alex knows that when my daughter begs me I have to give in.

            “Okay then,” I say, “But you better eat your dinner.”

            “Yes mom!” Alex chants as we walk towards the car with a roll of his eyes, and I have to laugh. That is why I love Alex, he never takes no for an answer.

 

            We went hoe a bit later, and just as Alex went to put Sara to bed the phone rang. Now I have no clue why, but for some reason I’ve seemed to pick up this annoying habit of knowing when Josh is going to call. And now is one of those times. It has become so annoying that I can just know what he’s going to say, he’s going to tell me that he wants to come see Sara, but unfortunately for Alex Josh never keeps his word.

            “Don’t you dare pick it up,” Alex instructs as he struts into the room and grabbing the phone from me. He too has picked up the ability to know when Josh calls, we all have.

            “Alex, come on what if he wants to see his daughter?” I ask holding my hand out for the phone and Alex laughs.

            “And have you ever heard of the word no?” Alex asks with a laugh, “Not that it’ll make a difference because he won’t come any ways.”

            “I can’t tell him no!” I say in shock and Alex shakes his head.

            “Yes, but you can let Sara have her hopes turned down?” Alex asks angrily, “No I won’t let you and Josh destroy Sara like that.”

            “Fine,” I grumble as Alex, not to my dismay, picks up the phone.

            “Go away Joshy boy,” Alex says to the phone, yes he’s still calling Josh Joshy boy. “No I told you go away. Well I’ve been around longer than you so you can say she sees me as a father figure not you. Money doesn’t buy everything you know, especially not this.”

            “Alex!” I say because I really don’t like to hear the two of them squabbling. Alex just rolls his eyes at me.

            “No, fine if you’ll shut up then you can,” Alex says, “Sheesh, just shut the fuck up. Here.” He hands the phone to me with a roll of his eyes.

            “Hello?” I ask although I know it’s Josh so why I’m being pleasant is beyond me.

            “Hey Lila,” Josh says turning on every single charm in his body, “How’s my favourite girls?”

            “I don’t know,” I say evenly, “But Sara and I are doing fine thanks for asking.”

            Josh sighs, but doesn’t let that falter him. “Lila, come on now you know I meant you two,” Josh says and I shake my head.

            “No Josh,” I reply and lean against the counter top with Alex shaking his head. “With your reputation I thought your two girls would be your latest conquests.” Now Josh is been widely known for his use of women as we well know, especially after his daughter was born.

            “Well they aren’t, they’re you two,” Josh replies with a sigh.

            “What do you want Josh?” I ask with impatience, I don’t want to play his mind games right now.

            “Like I said to Alex, I want to see my daughter,” Josh replies and I sigh. Should I let him like he wants or should I listen to Alex?

            “How do I know that you won’t just not turn up?” I ask and Josh laughs.

            “I’ve changed,” he says with his utter charm, “Of course I’ll come, what type of father do you think I am?”

            “The type that likes to give ten thousand dollar checks to their children then disappear for a good five years,” I reply and Josh laughs. He actually laughs!

            “Okay you got me,” he says with a chuckle, “But this time I swear I’ll come, in fact if you’ll let me I’ll come tomorrow night for dinner.” I groan, because I don’t want to be stuck in a house with Josh alone.

            “We have plans tomorrow, Rea and Justin are coming over with Matt,” I say and Josh laughs.

            “Who’s Matt? Their lover?” Josh asks and I feel my blood boil. You see this is how bad it is; Josh has not come around often enough to learn that in the past four years his best friend Justin has gotten married to Rea and had a son, Matt.

            “No, Matt is their son,” I reply through gritted teeth, “Also we’ll be with your best friend Alex.” I hope that may get him to change his mind, but somehow it doesn’t.

            “Great, then it’ll be a party,” Josh says in good humour. “I’ll be there at six, you’re at the same place right? Great. Bye.” And without letting me answer him he hangs up. I look first at the phone, then at Alex in shock.

            “Shit,” I say and Alex shakes his head, he knows exactly what just happened.

            “Shit,” Alex agrees. Josh Chasez, Mr Perfect is going to come waltzing back into our lives and there’s not a thing we can do to stop it.  


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=11059