She's Only Happy In The Sun by Ashlie



Summary: They've waited lifetimes to be together. Could this be their chance?
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Justin Timberlake
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: adult language
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 06/04/06
Updated: 08/31/06


She's Only Happy In The Sun by Ashlie
Chapter 1: We'll search for tomorrow on every shore
Author's Notes:

Prologue kind of corny, but I was trying to embody the early twentieth century romance. So corny it shall be. :) Feedback please! This is only my second story and my first attempt at a long story.



 

Blue Skies, clouds of white and sunshine can always make a person happy. At least that was the case with Macy. Her day might be filled with uncertainty and regret, but the moment she looked up into that beautiful sky of bliss, she knew that she would be okay. And sometimes that’s all you need to know and trust. That everything will be okay.

I know you may not want to see me
On your way down from the clouds
Would you hear me if I told you
That my heart is with you now

“Macy.” It was him. He was the man that had her heart, but not her self.

“Julian.” Her grin tainted with the unhappiness of the situation they were in.

Julian was like the sun; her sun. He was always there to make her happy, yet out of reach to make her whole. This was the last time she would see him shine and feel his warmth. Today was their goodbye.

She's only happy in the sun
She's only happy in the sun

“The sun’s really shining today, don’t you think?” She grasped the ledge as she looked up to the sky, in hopes of finding some kind of answer.

“Yea...”

“Talk to me, Julian.” Finally she faced him and was met with a feeling of bitter sweetness at seeing him once more.

“I don’t know what to say.” His hands combed through his shaggy hair. “I don’t know what to do. I don’t know anything anymore.” His blue eyes met her hazel.

“Just feel.” She said with a somewhat eerie calmness. “Be with me. Be happy with me.”

“Why are you so calm about this?” His eyes closed, trying to create a bit of composure himself. “You’re leaving me tonight to go somewhere hundreds of miles away and all you can talk about is the sun?”

Did you find what you were after?
The pain and the laughter brought you to your knees
But if the sun sets you free, sets you free
You'll be free indeed, Indeed

“This is hard for me too, you know.” She became defensive, yet kept her voice composed. “Did you ever think that maybe we weren’t meant for each other? In this lifetime?”

“We weren’t meant for each other?” His voice became raspy as his emotions took over. “I love you and that’s all I know or want to know. Why isn’t that enough?”

“I love you too, but the time isn’t right. My parents and I are leaving tonight and I’m with another man, who I refuse to betray.” She stepped back, creating a barrier around herself, afraid of what she might do.

Macy had known Julian for a couple of years now. They became very close friends the moment they met on that dock on the Boston Harbor. She was a free spirit and so was he. They had something special and both were aware of it. They were also aware that they would never be able to pursue it. For she was heading west with her family and fiancée that night, which meant goodbye to Julian and the sailboat they built together.

With the wind grazing through her hair and the sound of the sails whipping, she was met with an answer.

She's only happy in the sun
She's only happy in the sun

“I will see you again, Julian. I’m sure of that.”

“Mace, that’s impossible. It’s 1901 and all I have is my sailboat to get me places which don’t include where you’ll be.” He said with sharply, yet his expressions were painted with love for the woman in front of him.

“I have this strong feeling that in another lifetime, the two of us will be free together and will endure the most beautiful love one could ask for.” She grabbed his hand never letting go of the gaze they held and she intertwined their hands together. “We may be different people, but we’ll have the same souls and that is what will bind us together. You’ll find me, I know you will.”

“How can you be so sure?” He clung to her hand as he felt her warmth seep through him.

“You just have to trust me.” She tilted her head and brought her other hand where a diamond sparkled against the sun and caressed his cheek. “Hopefully you’ll still have these beautiful blue eyes and your charming smile.”

“And you’ll have your hazel eyes and warm disposition.” He chuckled and looked downward toward their connected hands, starting to believe that soon they would have their time.

Every time I hear you laughing, I hear you laughing
It makes me cry
Like the story of life, of your life
Is hello, goodbye

“See? Everything will be okay.” She walked back towards the wheel to direct them home, dropping his hand along the way.

“How will I find you? How will I know?” He stood behind her enjoying the view in front of him.

She smiled as she felt his presence and looked up towards the sky and replied with the only answer she knew.

“I’ll be in the sun.”

She’s only happy in the sun
She’s only happy in the sun

 

Credit:

Lyrics: Ben Harper - She's Only Happy In The Sun

Title: Styx - Come Sail Away

 


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=11075