She Got Me by Elly and Maribi



Summary:

 After praying for a change Jacqueline Santos, a simple girl from spain, gets more than what she asked for. but in the end who will she choose?


Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Genres: Comedy
Warnings: adult language
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 08/19/06
Updated: 09/02/06


She Got Me by Elly and Maribi
Chapter 1: One .
Author's Notes:

this is our first joint story so PLEASE reviews are greatly appreciated. =].

[if some things arent understandable (considering jacqueline is from spain) dont hesitate to ask and we will explain]

-Elly and Maribi



A slash of yellow here. A splash of fuscia there. Her roommate is sleeping so she keeps in mind to keep it down. But being all alone in the room isn't exactly helping either. Its twelve o’clock, and usually she’d be sleeping by now, but tomorrow’s Saturday. Her weekly exception and her chance to be nocturnal. Friday nights were always like this. She was left alone with her thoughts, painting, sketching, and sitting in a mild meditation. She usually didn't mind. Friday and Saturday mornings were hectic as is, so having a little time to think wasn't terrible. But for some reason, today felt different. Her loneliness began to kick in. She needed more than just Mario in her life. More than just her Tia Ana, and cousin Rosalina, her only family here. She needed more than just her paintings, and sketches. She was young, and too full of life. She just did not know where to begin, or what to do to break out of the pattern she had created.

She awoke the following morning at 9:30 – 10:00 as she always did Saturday mornings. She showered, changed into jeans, a cute tee, and flip flops, threw her hair into a loose pony tail and prepared the dog for her walk and continued out the door with the same thought of wanting to get out of her cycle. As she walked to her usual café to get her morning café con leche her dog began to bark and run as if she were chasing something, which was extremely out of character for her. She was the calm dog who just got spoiled with belly rubs at all times, but no…today she was an animal, chasing a fly, making her owner trip right unto her answered prayers.

“ayy…I am so” she began to apologize in her slightly accented English. She looked up and found herself staring into the bluest eyes she had ever encountered “sorry”

He was the perfect combination. Fair skin, wavy dark brown hair, blue eyes…she was definitely a little flustered standing in front of him and was afraid he may have noticed.

He chuckled “it’s ok” he bit down on his lip. They felt like teenagers once again as they looked down and than back towards each other. “I’m Joshua” he held his hand out.

“Jacqueline” she responded. “well I’m sorry for having disrupted-” she began but was cut off

“I was just about to have brunch…I’d really hate to eat alone. Would you like to join me?” She smiled slightly nodding accepting his proposal.

She knew she would finally have something new to look forward to. She was going to embrace his kindness and open her circle a little wider.

“I see your dog calmed down rather quickly” he commented

She hadn’t realize that until his comment. It was true, she had instantly calmed down once Jacqueline and Joshua bumped into each other. She began to think maybe she was reading too much into it and put that thought aside and once again apologized. “I really do not know what got into her. Very rarely does she get like that. Again, I’m sorry”

“no, no relax. I’m good. I promise you” he laughed and proceeded to converse “do you live around here?”

“yes in the complex over there” she pointed out with her lips “I don’t recall ever seeing you around…are you from this area?”

“actually I just recently moved in to my house. But I’m always in Miami, I just decided to finally make the move”

He looked at her and took in her beauty. Her long brown hair, her slightly tanned skin, and hazel eyes. He found himself attracted to her. She was a rare type amongst the women he met.

“where are you from?” his curiosity got the best of him. He could try to guess all day, and still only assume she was some type of Spanish speaking race.

She chuckled “you can tell from my accent huh?”

That had to be what drew him in the most. Her slightly accented English. He found it adorable, and very sexy in a woman. It was new to his ears…and he was intrigued.

“I am from Spain” she answered. “and you?” she questioned as well “you said you just moved here right?”

“yea I’m actually from up north, but I uh…I move around a lot. I’m just looking to be stable” he was not sure if Jacqueline knew who he was and what he was known for but she did a very good job pretending not to if anything “and for the record you speak English very well…your accent is just very…cute”

She laughed “bueno…that is definitely a first”

“oh yea?”

“mm hmm...yes in Miami everyone pretty much has the accent in their English so its not much of a big deal around here”

“how long have you been living here?”

“I got here at 18…so about 4 yrs”

“making you..22?”

“..maybe”

He knew this was the beginning of something beautiful. They remained in each others company the rest of the afternoon enjoying every moment. They had much in common and talked about random subjects that just happened to flow out nicely in conversation. It had been awhile since he found someone that could keep him in conversation and interested as much as she did. She was refreshing and he hoped this was leading into the right direction.

“I hate to end this so soon but I have to go. My roommate must be wondering where I am by now. And I left my cellphone”

“well I’d love to keep in touch with you. Maybe we could go out sometime”

“definitely” she smiled “I could use a new friend”

They exchanged numbers and said their goodbyes, but he didn’t want to leave her just yet.

“you know what…let me walk you home”

“if you want…I surely wouldn’t mind the company”

Mario was on the balcony by the phone when she walked up and had already prepared a million questions to bombard her with as soon as she walked in, until he noticed she had company. He saw as they said goodbye and waited patiently for Jacqui to walk in.

“so who is you new friend?” he questioned as soon as she walked in, with a smile

“Good Morning to you too…did you sleep well?”

“no..no you are not getting out of this one. Answer the question. He is very cute by the way…good taste”

“he’s just a guy”

“a guy from where??”

“from somewhere there …I bumped into him”

“oo…do tell and I want details”

Mario was her gay best friend and roommate. They met when she first got to Miami in school and have been together ever since. Mario was always more out there than she was and took her everywhere. But she did get a little tired of hanging with the gay crowd, and hoped to get into her own. So she stopped.
“so is he nice?”
"yes. Very nice”
“he can hold conversation?”
“no we just stared at each other for a few hours.” She smiled at her sarcasm
“sounds like we have a prime candidate on our hands”
“we’re just friends. I mean c’mon I just met him.”
“mmmhm sure.”
She rolled her eyes. “are you going out tonight?”
“oh but of course! Its Saturday. The question is, are you?”
“I dunno mar.”
“cmon. You’ve failed to come for two weeks now. You need to get out”
“where are you going?”
“suede.”
“suede?”
“yea.”
“Mario even if I wanted to go suede is a little more than I can afford right now.”
“I’ll pay. Just say you’ll come?”
she cocked up an eyebrow. “youll pay?” he nodded.
She sighed. What was one night out going to hurt? “ok fine. Ill go.”
He smiled. “I knew you couldn’t resist.”
“ok. What time?”

"were thinking sevinish"
“whos we?”
“me, you, and toni.”
“so you and toni finally got together?”
he winked. “you know it."
"about time.” She laughed and walked into her bedroom.
The rest of her day was spent at peace, finishing some designs for her internship, running a few errands, and doing a little innocent shopping.
She walked into the apartment come eight and decided to start getting ready. She put her bags down and headed for the shower. After her shower she blow dried her hair and went into her room. She took the black shirt out of the bag and smiled. This was going to work.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=11187