Green eyed monster by fallenangel7575



Summary:

It is a sin to write this. I have made plenty of mistakes in my life...but none this bad. I wish...if only I could take it all back. If only I could go back in time and change all those wrongs and make them right.

 But it's too late...that green eyed monster, jealousy, made me lose the one thing I could be proud of in my life...The one thing that made me whole. My only chance for love.


Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: adult language, sexual situations
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 08/23/06
Updated: 02/04/07


Green eyed monster by fallenangel7575
Chapter 1: Surprise!
Author's Notes:

Enjoy!



 

Chapter One- Surprise!

            I, by far, am not beautiful. Pretty, yes, but not beautiful. See, what other girls seldom realize is that you don't have to look like Carmen Electra to get a boy's attention; you just have to use what you got. Take me, for example, I know how to make my eyes sparkle in just the right way, I know how to smile to make my dimples look perfect, I know how to pretend to be shy and smile modestly if a guy were to say he love me or something... even if I didn't like him back. I know how to leave them wanting for more. To men, it's all about the chase.

            So, it was a hot Saturday afternoon in Maryland, nothing new. My two neighbors, Jason and Alex were sitting on the porch, flirting with me, and trying to get my attention. They were tall... about six feet, and their faces seemed burned from the hot August sun. Their eyes were merry and arrogant, and their bodies were dressed in denim jeans and white t-shirts. They both look so much alike, that they could pass as twins. Not only did they look alike, they both acted alike, or at least were both stupid. Third time they've been kicked out of college. First was University of Maryland, then was George Mason University, but I was sure they would stay in the University of Virginia. Guess not. I should've known though, I mean those two had the mental capacity of a rodent.

            "I don't know how you could get kicked out of three colleges. Geez, you must give your mother a heart attack," I stated.

            "The thing is... mama doesn't know." Jason winked.

            Hah. Well they're in for it. I know Mrs. Turner, and she has the shortest patience out of everyone I've known, shoot. They're gonna get killed once she finds out.

            "Besides..." Jason continued. "It doesn't really matter. Me and Alex are gonna sign up to go to the war!"

            "What war?"

            "The one in Iraq... geez Brooke... what other war is there? I mean last week George Bush-"

            I made a mouth of bored impatience.

            "If you say ‘war' anymore, I swear I'm gonna go in the house and shut the door on ya'll. I've never gotten so tired of any word in my life as ‘war'. Dad talks about it morning, noon, and night, and then all his poker buddies always talk about the weapons of mass destruction, Israel, and George Bush, until I get so bored I could scream! It's always Iraq this... Iran that... I'm really serious about not saying ‘war', because say it one more time, and I'll leave you and your sorry asses here, and go inside."

            I meant what I said, too. I know, it's my country, I should be patriotic and what not, but I couldn't take it. Every time I turned on the TV, every time I entered the house, and now every time I talk to my dad, its always war, war, war. But I smiled, batted my eyelashes, and I knew I had those two under my spell. Perfect. Jason and Alex immediately changed the subject.

            "So, are you going to JC's barbeque tomorrow?" Jason asked.

            "Of course! I just hope it doesn't rain... It would ruin the whole thing." I pouted.

            "Nah... the weather man said it's goin' to be beautiful tomorrow." Alex reassured me. It better be.

            "So Brooke... About tomorrow, you wanna dance with us? Just because we've been away for a while doesn't mean that you have forgotten about us.... Right?"

            "Look guys... you've been away for a while... you didn't just expect me to just be waiting until you got home, did you?" I teasingly said.

            "Hah... you waiting? Naw... we know you better than that Brooke! But please at least promise us one dance each, and then maybe later we can get our fortunes read by that psychic, Cleo." Jason suggested.

            "I don't like that psychic... she told me I was gonna fall in love with a guy with blue eyes and blonde hair... and I don't even like blondes." That was true. I mean, I always go for the tall, dark, and handsome.

            "Come on Brooke, if you promise... we'll tell you a secret." Jason said.

            "A secret? What?" I cried, I guess I'm like a little kid when I hear the word ‘secret'

            "Hey dude, is it what we heard from Melody? ‘Cuz we promised we wouldn't tell," Alex pointed out.

            "Come on...out with it already," I said impatiently.

            "Well... I'll tell you, but you gotta keep it a secret... Tomorrow JC's gonna announce he's engaged to Melody," he whispered in my ear.

            I tried to keep my facial expression to stay the same, because that was a blow. At first, I was so shocked I couldn't even say anything... JC? Engaged?

            "Ok so we told you our secret... now you have to dance with us."

            "Okay." I replied automatically.

            "All of them?"

            "Of course."

            "SWEET! All the other guys will be jealous...And we'll pick you up tomorrow at two." Alex announced.

            "Fine." I guess they realized something was wrong... usually it takes a lot of begging for them to get what they want out of me... but I couldn't care less... my heart was broken.

            ~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

                        Jason and Alex eventually left, but I was on my bed laying down that night. Thinking. JC and... Melody? No... that's impossible... because he loves me. Not her... he's just too scared to admit it...maybe... maybe the reason he hasn't asked me out yet is because I was always involved with another guy. Maybe he thought I was just never available. But I am... Oh JC I am... Tomorrow I'll tell him my real feelings...and then he won't want to marry that Melody... no he'll want to marry me, and... maybe we can get married instead! Oh my!

            I started getting too excited. I always loved JC... ever since we were kids. Even before he got all rich and famous and shit... well I'll admit that made me like him even more. And I know he loves me. Let's face it, JC is not your typical guy, he's sensitive, smart, and he can sing. He's deep, he always seems like he's deep in thought. Shit, the only guys I see these days are the ones who are egotistical, shallow, and just don't give two shits about anything. JC is my man... and he will be. I don't know why he goes for that Melody. She's plain and boring. Nothing exciting. I know he loves me... I know he does...and once I tell him how I feel... well... he will admit his love for me, too, and Melody will be out of the picture, and he will be mine. You know why? Because Brooke O'Neil always get what she wants.

Always.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=11191