That Tingly Feeling by SexyHM3



Summary:

Kylin Rodgers just got out of the US Navy. Her best friend, Joe, has taken it upon himself to show her how to be a civilian again.

 

AN: I started writing this story in 2002 and I'm thinking about a re-write....lemme know what you guys think!


Rating: PG
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Group, JC Chasez
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: adult language, drug/alcohol abuse, sexual situations
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 11/09/06
Updated: 11/09/06


That Tingly Feeling by SexyHM3
Chapter 1: Part 1
Author's Notes:

I love feedback!



Part One
I have never been a real big person on love. It had never suited my style. All my life, I was independent. I had friends, but I never had a so-called best friend. I was never the popular kid, or the nerdy kid; I was one of the ‘in-between’ kids.

I guess if I wanted to, I could blame my mom for making me so independent. Her job always had us moving to a new state, sometimes we were moving to new countries. The most exciting place I lived was Japan. Each day was something new. I never experienced the same thing two days in a row. The most boring place I lived would have to be Mexico. Yes, the beaches and the shopping were fun. But that’s a time period I would love to forget.

I was 14 when we moved down there. I was happy. I came home from my tutoring session and found my mother laying on the floor. She was pale and lifeless. I had waited for what seemed like hours for a doctor to arrive. She was pronounced dead due to an obscene amount of alcohol. I was left with no guidance, and no mother. It seemed like I was unwanted.

My mother and my father were never married. I was born a week before my mom’s 19th birthday. My dad at that time was also 19. They were high school sweethearts and were just careless one night. I never grew up knowing my dad. I would get a birthday card on my birthday, and once in a while a phone call. So he was never really in my life. My mom had never remarried. She went through guys like toilet paper. I never had a male role-model in my life. After my mom was gone, I put more of myself into my second love: dance.

After my mom died, I was taken to my dad’s house. It was new, scary and exciting all at the same time. It took awhile for me to get accustomed, but I eventually did. I finally stayed at a school for more than a semester.

I went to Dr. Phillips High School. I had such a fun time being in high school. I was involved in so many things; choir, drama, track, hell I was even a cheerleader. High school was where I found my best friend: Joey.

Joey, or Joe, as I like to call him, is a goof ball. He’s girl crazy. He flirts, but he doesn’t live up to his nick name of ‘Hoey’. He has a wonderful personality and an even more wonderful voice. He used to work at Universal Studios as the Wolfman in the Beetlejuice show. He will never live that one down. Anyway, you may have heard of him. He’s in a band named NSYNC. Wait, you wouldn’t be reading this unless you knew who I was talking about.

Right now, I’m sitting in the passenger seat of his car and we’re-

“Did you hear a word I just said?”

“No, I don’t think so, but it’s okay. I know exactly what you said.”

“Oh really?”

“Yeah, you’re telling me not to be nervous, and that they will love me.” I smiled. “You’re more nervous than I am.”

“Well, this is big deal.”

“It’s not like your bringing me home to the folks.” I said.

“I did that when you were 14. Anyway, this is way bigger. I’m taking you to meet my friends.”

“What is that all about?”

“Nothing. Just relax.”

“Relax, don’t do it, when you wanna go through it-”

“Shut up with that song.”

“You started it.”

“Whatever.” He pulled up into a driveway. “We’re here.” I smiled at him and got out of the car. We were at the Wright Entertainment Group compound, also known as ‘WEG’ compound. Joe placed his hand on the small of my back and lead me to the door. He opened it up and lead me to the playroom.

“Hey guys, we’re finally here.” Joe stated. Everyone looked up at us.

“Ah, you must be Kyle.” A short brunette said.

“No, that’s Joe’s boy toy, I’m Kylin.” I smiled. The group laughed.

“Well, I’m Chris.” He said shaking my hand. “The one with the ‘fro is Justin, the guy on the phone is Lance. I’d stay away from him right now. And the-wait, where’s JC?”

“Where is JC all the time?” Justin asked. “Studio.” Everyone answered. They really were ‘brothers’.

“I’ll take you down there.” Joey said.

“I’ll join you. I’m sick of sitting here waiting for Wade.” We walked down a flight a stairs and down a hallway. Joe opened the door to expose a man sitting in front of a control booth, bobbing his head to the beat coming out of the speakers.

“Jayce?” Joe called. There was no response. “Jayce!” He whipped his head around and smiled.

“Yes?”

“I’d like for you to meet my best friend, Kylin.”

“Hi, I’m JC.” He said and shook my hand. I felt this surge of tingles come through my arm and spread into my body.

“Nice to meet you.”

“Is Wade here?”

“No, but do you wanna come upstairs with us?”

“Sure, why not.” He said. We went back upstairs.

“Guys! There you are!” I heard someone say.

“Hey Johnny.” Joe smiled.

“Who’s this lovely lady?” He asked.

“This is Kylin.”

“Nice to finally meet you. I have heard so much about you.”

“My pleasure.”

“I’m glad you’re all here. I have something I want to discuss with you.”

“Please don’t let this be bad.”

“It’s not the best news ever. Wade will not be with us this tour. He’s with another tour, so we need a new choreographer.”

“Johnny, the tour starts in 4 months, how are we going to pull everything together?” Lance asked.

“I don’t know, but we need to find someone fast. Anyone have any ideas?” They all looked at each other. After a few seconds, Joey spoke up.

“Well, Kylin dances and has done some choreography.” I shot him a death glare. This was a really big job, and I have never done anything like this. I had choreographed my own stuff along with cheers and dances, but nothing to this magnitude.

“You have?” Johnny asked. I nodded. “Can we see something?”

“Yes, but take into consideration that one, I’m not in the best clothing, and two, I’ve spent the last 6 years on ships.” I was in tight hip hugger jeans and a light blue peasant top.

“Okay, but you’re gonna have to explain number two.” Johnny said.

“Can I have a few minutes to warm up and get a feel for the music?” I asked.

“Yes, I’ll show you to the studio.” He said. He got the music set up and left me. “Come on up when you’re ready.” I nodded and went to it. I popped the CD in and scanned the tracks. I decided on track 5. After about 20 minutes I went up the stairs.

“Okay, I have through the first chorus.” I smiled.

“Lead the way.” I walked downstairs.

“Alright, keep in mind that this is the basics and I have a bigger vision in my head. Would you like me to face you or the mirrors?”

“Face the mirrors.” Joe said.

“Okay, will you start track five for me?” I smiled. The opening notes to ‘The Two Of Us’ came out of the speakers. I did the first minute and a half of the song. When I stopped I was applauded.

“Come to my office later and we’ll get your contract signed.” Johnny said. We all headed up the stairs and sat on the couches.

“Okay, you’re going to have to explain the whole ship thing to us.”

“Alright. When I was 18, I left for Navy basic training in Great Lakes, Illinois. From there I went to training for HM, also known as Hospital Corpsman. I specialized in Emergency services and traveled all around the world on battleships, cruisers, air craft carries and all that jazz for six years. That’s why I’ve never met you guys.”

“Wow.” Chris said.

“What inspired you to go into the Navy?” JC asked.

“Well, my mom died when I was 14, and my dad wasn’t a father. I practically lived with Joey. I needed a way to get through college, and this is what I chose. Plus, I got a lot of benefits from it and who wouldn’t want to see guys dressed in uniform. I mean the odds were definitely in my favor. There were like 600 guys for every girl.”

“Wow Joe, no wonder she’s your best friend.” Justin said. We all laughed.

“So why did you leave the Navy?”

“I wanted a civilian lifestyle. And, because college is done, I have my own house and a nice car, so I’m doin pretty good.”

“What was your rank?”

“I was an E-5, a Petty Officer Second Class.”

“Wow, sounds beefy.”

“Yeah, I guess.” I smiled.

“Okay, if I did my math correct, you’re only 24, but Joey is 26, how did you meet?”

“Choir.” We both said and started to laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Chris asked.

“The way we met.” Joey answered.

“Okay, spill it.”

“Well, we went on a choir roller skating field trip. I wasn’t too good on skates. Well, to keep it short, I tripped and spilled Dr. Pepper and nacho’s all over him then landed on top of him. This happened in front of so many people.” I laughed so hard. We received weird looks from the guys.

“It was one of the moments you had to be there for.” Joe explained.

For the next couple hours I got to get to know the guys. They were all really sweet. They aren’t as innocent as they seemed on TV. Oh well, what more could I ask for?

“So, how much training have you had, dancing wise?” Lance asked.

“Well, I started dance when I was 3. I was in ballet and jazz. When I was 6 I started tap, along with the jazz and ballet. I studied Latin, African, Spanish dances, and put my heart and soul into Salsa, Swing and Ballroom.” I received several amazed stares. “How did you have a life?”

“I didn’t.” I laughed. “I was the weenie in high school. I was in a ton of clubs and crap, but I was still a weenie.”

Ring! Ring!

“Hello?” Joe asked into his phone. We all looked at him.

“Kelly, it’s your weekend. I can’t take her because of tour stuff...that’s not up to me...I swear, you’re insane...I’ll be right there.”

“What did she do now?” I asked.

“She has to study, so she wants me to take Bri. I swear to the Lord himself, I will get full custody of that child if it’s the last thing I do.”

“I should probably get home. I have to get to my doggie.”

“It was nice meeting you.” JC said. He stuck his hand out. I shook it and felt the same tingly sensation.

“Nice meeting you too.” I smiled. Joey and I left.

“Do you mind coming with me to get Bri?”

“No, if you want, I’ll watch her so you and the boys can hang out with each other. I’m sure she would love to hang out.”

“You don’t mind?”

“No, not at all.” I smiled.

“Thanks, you’re the best.” He said patting my leg. There was a silence.

“So, do any of the guys have girlfriends?”

“Don’t you mean JC?”

“I never said...yeah, I guess.” I knew Joey and he woulda gotten it out sooner or later.

“No, he and Bobbee broke up awhile ago. They had one of those relationships where they break up, get back together a zillion times. He finally got sick of it.”

“You’re kidding?”

“Nope, so be fragile with him.”

“Okay.” I smiled. “Wait! I have to be at the compound this afternoon to sign my contract.”

“Okay, I’ll give you Bri, and drop you off there, then I’ll arrange a ride for you.”

“Sounds ducky.”

“Alright, I’ll be right back.” Joey left me in the car. His phone went off again.

“Joe’s phone.” I answered.

“Uh, hi, who’s this?”

“Kylin, you?”

“Oh, it’s JC. I didn’t recognized your voice.”

“Hey!”

“Johnny was lookin for you so you can sign-”

“Yeah, Joe and I are getting Bri and he’s gonna drop us off there and then arrange a ride for us, so I can watch her.”

“Oh, well how about this. I’ll take you guys back to Joey’s and I’ll help you baby-sit.”

“You don’t have to help.”

“I want to.”

“Okay, then I’ll see you in a few minutes.”

“Bye.” We hung up.

“Who were you talking to?”

“JC. He’s gonna help me baby-sit and he’s gonna take me and Bri home.”

“Okay.” He finished getting the baby in the car and we were off.

“I can’t believe she’s already one.”

“She’s growin up so fast.” He said proudly. A few minutes later we arrived at the compound. I carried the baby seat through the door and to Johnny’s office (I had the seat so we could put it in JC’s car.).

“I’m here!” I smiled.

“Great. Here are your contracts.”

“Contracts?” I accentuated the ‘s’ part.

“Yes, there is your employment contract, it says that you are employed with us for this tour and what we’ll pay you. And a confidentiality contract, which states that you cannot share information that has not been already released.”

I read through them. I was makin some big money on this tour (a six figure amount). I signed my name and the date and left. I went on my search for JC.

“Bri, your seat is too big to lug around. Let’s get you out of it.” I smiled. I undid the hooks and picked her up.

“Are you lookin for me?”

“Yeah, perfect timing.” I said sarcastically. “I woulda said something, but you looked like you were having a moment with the munchkin.” He smiled at me. I smiled back.

“So, do you wanna grab dinner on the way to Joey’s?”

“Yeah, how about some Chinese?”

“You read my mind.” He said. We sat and talked for awhile, then we headed home.

“So where’s Joe goin tonight?” JC asked as we walked into the front door.

“I’m surprised you have to ask!”

“That’s very true. I guess you could consider that my weak attempt to strike up a conversation.”

“Don’t tell me your shy.”

“I’m not shy, I just get tongue tied whenever there’s a beautiful woman standing in front of me.”

“Now, you’re pullin out the flattery. What woman couldn’t resist you?” I asked dramatically.

“Apparently all women because they think I’m homosexual due to the fact that I in a ‘boy band’.”

“Oh, so you’re not denying any questions about your sexuality?” I teased.

“I’m 100% straight.” He smiled back.

“Mmmm...this smells yummy.” I smiled as I opened up my food. I pulled out my teriyaki chicken, with chow mien and chicken fried rice.

“Gotta love Chinese.”

“By any chance do you know where Joey keeps Bri’s food and stuff?”

“I believe in the cupboard to the left of the sink.” I looked and there it was. I pulled down a jar of apples, and a little box of Cheerios.

“What do you want to drink? We have, Dr. Pepper, Bud, red Kool-Aid and orange juice.”

“He has red kool-aid?” I asked excitedly.

“Yes, would you like some?” He asked.

“Definitely.” He poured two glasses.

“So what is it about kool-aid that gets you so excited?” He laughed.

“It’s my favorite thing to drink. It’s my alcohol. I’m a very picky person when in comes to alcohol, so I drink kool-aid instead. Hell , if you put it in a wine glass, it would look like wine.” I smiled. I took a bite of my food. We ate dinner together and became friends. I felt this connection with him that I had never felt with anyone, a man no less.

We cleaned up after ourselves and decided to watch a movie.

“What time is it?” I called from the family room.

“7:15.”

“I’m gonna give little one here a bath then put her down for bed. Let me know what movie you decided on.” I said.

“I will.” He said. I went up to Joey’s bathroom. I filled the tub up a little and started to bathe the little girl.

“Why does your mommy have to be so mean to daddy? He loves you just as much as she does.” Brianna smiled. She only had her 4 front teeth. She was adorable. A few minutes later we finished up. I went to grab a towel and surprised to see JC standing there.

“Oh, hey, didn’t see you standing there.” I said.

“That was the whole point.” He said. I wrapped her up in a towel and found her pajamas. “You are very motherly with her.”

“I almost think she was my own. I love her with everything. Her daddy and I are best friends, so I guess it’s natural. I just can’t wait ‘til I have one of my own.”

“I’m sure you’ll be a perfect mother.”

“Thanks,” I said. I laid Bri down in her crib and turned out the light. “I’m so excited to be a mom. I just can’t wait ‘til Mr. Perfect’ sweeps me off my feet.” I smiled and winked at JC. I walked down the stairs. JC was soon to follow.

“You know, if you hadn’t started walking away from me, I would have swept you off your feet.” He said.

“Who said that you are Mr. Perfect?”
“It was gut instinct when you winked at me.”

“Oh that...I..uh...my eye flinched?” I asked.

“I’m sure.” He laughed. “So, tell me. What is Mr. Perfect like?”

“He’s tall, has manners, knows when to be serious and when to be fun, has a true passion, wants babies, likes doggies, isn’t more than 5 years older than me and doesn’t have to watch every single sports game on TV.” I answered.

“Then I would give up hope on Justin.” JC sighed.

“What the hell is that all about?” I asked.

“Joey said that you thought he was the perfect guy.”

“Yeah, for Britney!” I laughed.

“Okay, the field is now between me and Lance.”

“Lance isn’t that much taller than me.”

“How tall are you?”

“5’7.”

“Very true, so that leaves me.”

“And look at that, you gave up your moment to sweep me off my feet.” I smiled.

“Very true.”

“Besides, who said I had to choose within NSYNC? What if I want a straight guy?” I laughed.

“Oh that is so funny.” JC said sarcastically.

“So, what movie did you choose?”

“I chose a chick flick.”

“Oh no, which one?”

“Practical Magic.”

“That’s my favorite movie.”

“I know, it was under the section ‘Kylin’s Faves’.”

“Wha?”

“Look at that, he has his movies divided into sections.”

“Oh dear Lord, what am I gonna do with him?” I laughed. JC got up off the couch and loaded up the DVD. He made himself at home on the couch.

“Do I have cooties?”

“No.”

“You can use me as a pillow.”

“I could take that wrong.” I smiled.

“I know, but I was just makin an offer.”

“I know, where do you want me?”

“You can rest your head in my lap if you want.”

“Okay, perfect. It’ll give me time to size you up to make sure our babies are made right.”

“Sounds good to me.” I put a pillow in his lap and rested my head. I felt my eyes get tired during the ‘midnight margaritas’ part.

“OHMIGAWD!” I heard someone yell. I realized it was morning. I opened my eyes to see a wide-eyed Joe.

“What?”

“Look how you fell asleep!”

“Yeah, there’s nothing wrong with this.” I said.

“You’re my best friends, you’re not supposed to be like that.”

“Like what?”

“Like that!” He said. JC woke up.

“We weren’t doing anything.” I said.

“This just isn’t right.”

“I don’t care.” I said. I walked off.

“Where are you going?” Joe asked.

“To take a shower, then to the studio. I have work to do.” I said mad. I took a quick shower.

“Ky, I’m sorry-”

“Why are you in here?”

“It’s my house.”

“Yes, I know, but I need to get dressed.”

“Hear me out first. I’m not used to the fact that you see other guys. I have felt like your brother, so that was my first reaction.”

“I forgive you this time. But please don’t do this. I really like him ok?”

“You like him?”

“Yeah, I don’t know what it is, but I do.”

“Well, I’m happy for you.”

“Thanks, but shoo. I need to get dressed.” I said. He left. I put on my Abercrombie sweat pants (they are like jeans, but they’re grass green and made out of sweats material) and a black sports bra. I put my hair into a messy bun and ran down the stairs.

“Joe, do you have a car I can borrow until mine is back from Hawaii?”

“Hawaii?”

“Yeah, that’s where my last station was. I was going to be there for more than 2 months, so I got to bring my car.”

“Okay, you can take my Acura. You can use it until your car gets here.”

“Okay, thanks.” I said. “Have you seen JC?” “Yeah, he wanted me to give you this.” He said. He handed me a folded piece of paper.

Kylin,

I’ll be at the studio all day, so maybe
we can get lunch. Call me!
JC

I ran to the car and made my way to the studio. I made a mental list of things to do that day.

“Kylin, just the person I was looking for.” Johnny said.

“Same to you.”

“Would you please come to my office?” I followed.

“Here is a song list of songs we need, and they’re in correct order for the show. Here’s some tapes of old concerts and appearances so you get a feel for things. I want you to take them to a more uh...sexual level.”

“Okay.”

“Do you have any questions?”

“Can we have back up dancers?”

“Yes, I will have auditions set up for the end of next week.”

“Okay, by any chance will Wade be available for that? I’ve seen his work and would really like his help with this.”

“I’ll see what I can do.” He smiled.

“Great, thanks.” I smiled. “Have a great day.” “You too.” I walked to the studio and put on the first song: Up Against the Wall. I danced and danced. It felt great to be in my own little world. I broke out of my little world when someone cleared their throat.

“Kylin, would you like lunch?”

“I wanna finish this, could you come help me?”

“Yeah, what do you need me to do?”

“Well, just stand still with your legs a little more that shoulder width apart.”

“Okay, why?”

“I’m working on the girls’ parts.”

“What?”

“Sh. I’ll explain at lunch.” I started the music and did the routine. “Do you think that will cause a problem with singing and stuff?”

“No, but isn’t that a little sexual?”

“That’s what Johnny wanted.”

“Okay, so what do you want for lunch?”

“Pizza.” I smiled.

“Okay, I’ll get it delivered.” He walked away. I dried off and sat in front of the fan to cool down. “Alright, it should be here in 30-45 minutes.”

“Sounds yummy.”

“Gives you plenty of time to explain the whole girls’ thing to me.”

“Well, Wade and I are going to audition back up dancers. Each one of you will have a dance partner, and there will also be people doing the same, or a variation of the moves your doing.”

“Okay, how will you pick our partners?”

“Based, on your looks.” I said.

“Sounds like fun.”

“Yeah, I was hopin that you guys would watch and help pick.”

“How would we pull that one off?”

“Well, there’s a mirrored window up there and we could use walkie-talkies, you know, the one’s with head sets?”

“Yeah, that would be great. I’ll see if the other guys want too.”

“Great!” I smiled.

“So, when do you think we’ll start rehearsals?”

“Hopefully by the end of the month, but that’s only if the others and I work really hard.”

“There’s no pressure, we’re used to only having 2 weeks to prepare for stuff like this.”

“Yeah, but I don’t want to rush you.”

“I love you already.” He smiled.

“So, were you planning on sharing your pizza?” Lance asked walking in.

“No, it’s mine, so get out Lance.” JC said.

“Fine. How are things going with the choreography?”

“Good.” I smiled. He walked off. I opened the pizza box and there sat a cheese pizza.

“Mmm...my favorite.”

“Good, mine too.” We ate in silence.

“So, do you think that we could help with the choreography?”
“Yeah, any input from you guys is wonderful.”

“Okay, great.” He smiled.

“You have a nice smile.” I said.

“Thanks.”

“No problem. I have a question for you though.”

“What’s that?”

“Do you use a curling iron on your hair?” He gave me a shocked look.

“Oh, you’re gonna get it.” He said. I jumped up and he chased after me. I ran out of the studio, through the compound and out to the back yard. He chased me to the edge of the lake. I ran and ran until he caught my waist. He hoisted me over his shoulder and brought me back to the grassy area. He threw me to the ground, and pinned me.

“Please, I didn’t mean anything by it! I was just wondering!”

“I’m so sure.” He said.

“No, tickling. Please?”

“On one condition.”

“Anything.”

“You let me kiss you.” He said. It was my turn for the shocked look. He looked down and started to get off me. “I’m sorry, that was out of-” I put my finger to his lips. I sat up and kissed him. It was as if time had stopped. I felt this electric current run up and down my body. We pulled away after a few seconds. I smiled at him.

“That was a hell of a lot better than being tickled.”

“Good, I was hoping it would be.” I went back to my laying down position. He laid next to me.

“Can I be completely honest with you?” I asked. He nodded. “Every time we touch, I get this tingly feeling. I don’t know what it is, but I like it.”

“I get that feeling too. My opinion is, it’s attraction. I know that I feel attracted to you. I mean, the first time I laid eyes on you I was attracted to you. But after talking with you and seeing what kind of person you are, made me even more attracted to you.”

“Wow, you read my mind.” I said. “But I also feel that we should hold off on our feelings. I don’t want to rush into things.”

“I completely agree.”

“Good, but I must get back to work.”

“Can I watch?”

“Yeah, I could use you.”

“I knew I was good for something.” JC said. We walked back into the compound.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=11315