The Fool by Megan



Summary: Justin always believed that there was one person for everybody. And then he met her. Four months later they were engaged and then it was time to meet the family. Then everything changed. When Justin falls in love with his fiance's best friend he has to make the ultimate decision - which one is his soulmate?

Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Justin Timberlake
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 12/15/06
Updated: 12/19/06


The Fool by Megan
Chapter 1: Prologue
Author's Notes:

I live in Smithville, Texas. It's the kind of place where everyone knows everyone and not a whole lot happens during the day. Occasionally something exciting happens but I don't think I was ever around when it did.

I live with my dad in a small farm right outside of town. My mother passed away when I was 7 and to tell you the truth I don't remember a whole lot about her. I suppose I got used to not having her around that after sometime it was like she was never really there in the first place. My daddy misses her though. He misses her a lot. I don't think he knows that every once in a while I'd catch him opening up his dresser drawer to stare at her picture for a minute or two. When I was little I used to go in there while he was out working and sneak a peak. My mother was beautiful. She had short brown curls and a porcelain white face. She went and moved to the city to get away from the quiet life when I was 5, but I think that she just stopped loving us. I don't tell my daddy that of course. I think it'd hurt his feelings. She always did fit the city rush. I'd only been to the city once and that was for my mothers funeral. I don't remember it really well. Just that it was loud and it smelled bad. Daddy says I'm a country girl and will forever be his lil' caboose. I love my daddy. I don't think I'll ever grow up.

My daddy says I look a lot like my mother. I have light brown eyes and dark brown hair. My hair is a bit longer but it has a slight wave to it. I don't wear a lot of make-up and I've never had my nails done. I'm not hard to talk to but I've never been great with conversation. I think I look like me. Everyone in town insists I look more like my mother.

I think I look like me.

My name is Adrienne Marie Walker. Marie after my mother and Adrienne because my dad thought it was pretty. My mom hated my name. Said I should have a more girly name. She wanted to name me Tina. I hate the name Tina. Tina is a fat girl name.

When it comes to personality I guess I'm more of a tomboy. I hang around boys more than girls and I've only worn a dress twice in my life. To my mothers funeral and to my cousins wedding. I have a lot of secrets and I don't trust a lot of people but to me, it's never been a problem. I love the color yellow and I like to wake up at 4:00am and go to bed at midnight. My daddy says that you should never sleep your life away, but live it to the fullest. He never listens to himself though. He usually wakes up at 7 and goes to bed at 9.

I've never been in love, unless you count my dog, Earl. I've never bungee jumped or sky dived. The most exciting thing I've probably ever done is eat a worm. And I was 4 so I don't think it counts.

I'm a simple girl with simple taste. I like to drive the tractor and swim in the lake in my backyard. Earl loves the water. I think he was a fish in his past life. I think I was a donkey.

I've lived here since the day I was born and I plan to die here. I hate change and I hate people who lie. I also hate when my grandma kisses my cheeks. But that's another story.

The story I'm about to tell you is just like any other story. This story is about a boy I once knew.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=11377