Saving My Heart by Navy_Chick



Summary:

Amber Ferguson is a famous singer. Her boyfriend is in the Army and currently serving in Iraq. After a series of literally unheard of and rare event, her life takes a major turn. After recooperating for awhile, Amber is faced with a decision. This decision could make or break her life.

 

That's as far as I've gotten in the story. I'll make a better summary as the chapters get written!


Rating: PG starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: JC Chasez
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: adult language, drug/alcohol abuse, sexual situations
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 01/27/07
Updated: 01/31/07


Saving My Heart by Navy_Chick
Chapter 1: Chapter 1
Author's Notes:

Feedback is an author's best tool. So let me know, whether good or bad, I love to hear it!

 

This first chapter is a little uneventful, but necessary.



“…and that was Fergalicious by Fergie!” Chris Kelly announced. I sighed. Don’t get me wrong, I love that the radio fans love my song, but seriously even I’m getting sick of the song. I pulled my black convertible into my garage. I grabbed a few bags of groceries from the trunk and brought them to the kitchen.

I looked at my blinking answering machine. Pressing play, I walked away and started to unpack the groceries.

“Amber! Just callin to see how things are. Miss ya girl. Oh, and Iraq sucks, in case you wanted to know!” Steph’s voice echoed through my kitchen. She’s my best friend in the entire world. She’s in the Navy and is currently in Iraq. She’ll be home in June, I can’t wait. It sucks I missed her call, but I’m glad to hear she’s alive and well.

That was my only message. It was great to not have a bazillion messages from the manager, the publicist, the whole entourage. I grabbed some lemonade from the fridge and sat on my couch. I flicked the TV on so I could finish watching my TiVo’ed shows.

Before I go any further, let me introduce myself. I’m Amber Ferguson. I sing that ridiculously catchy song “Fergalicious”. I’m 25 and recently just got out of the Navy myself. I served 6 great years. I loved it. I love my music career more. My boyfriend, Jason, is currently in the Army and is also taking a nice “vacation” to the sandbox we call Iraq. He’s expected to return in mid-April. I’m really excited for him to come home. When he gets back he’ll only have one more month in the Army.

Currently I’m on a short break, then I’ll have a couple months of promotion to do then it’s off to pickin up my Jason I go. So, as we speak, I am watching past episodes of Grey’s Anatomy, the best show in the entire world.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

So my break was shorter than I thought it would be. My next single, Buttons, dropped a month early. Currently I’m on the shoot for the video. Now, the song itself is pretty risqué so you know the video is going to be. But you know what? I love it. The video is very me.

“Amber! When Snoop is doing his thing at the beginning I want you to just be kinda, well just being really sexy with him. Like you’re seducing him.” Luke, the director said. I love Luke. He’s done my last 3 videos.

“Not a problem.” I smile. Snoop and I go back. I danced for him for a couple of his shows and now he’s made a cameo in my song and video. I walked up to him. “D-o-douba g!” I laughed. He turned around and enveloped me into a hug.

“Hey sweets how are ya doin?” He asked.

“Good, tired, I’m just glad that this is the last of shoot. I’m just anxious to see how this all works out.”

“Girl, c’mon now you know it’s going to be on fire! Look at Fergalicious” He laughed as he started singing and dancing. I playfully slapped his arm. “Hey woman, don’t harm the goods. You remember what happened last time that happened. And considering what you’re wearing I’d be even more careful.” He said. I looked at my outfit…one word for you, skimpy.

“Okay fine, just wait til next time!” I laughed.

A couple hours later we were done and I was on my way back to my room. I took a fast shower and climbed into the awaiting sheets. I faced the middle of the bed and rubbed my hand on the pillow. I imagine Jason’s face looking back at me with his sexy smile and just gorgeous eyes. I miss him, terribly.

“…got stains on my tshirt and I’m the biggest flirt-“ sang my cell phone. I reached for it seeing a whole stream of numbers. JASON!

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey baby, how are you?” He asked.

“Great now that I get to hear your voice.” I smiled.

“How’s the promo going?”
“It’s going. Just got home from the last day of shooting the video.”

“That’s hot babe.” He chuckled. “My friends still make fun of me when we see you one TV here or hear ya.”

“Eh, they’re just jealous.” I laughed. We talked for about 15 minutes more.

“Babe, I gotta tell you something.” He said. Uh-oh, this couldn’t be good.

“What’s wrong?” I almost don’t ask.

“Well, you’re not gonna hear from me for awhile, like a month or so.” He explained.

“Okay, that’s normal.” I said rummaging around the thoughts in my head to figure out what he really meant.

“We’re going on a mission honey. I really can’t say much about it.” He answered with the tone that said it’s dangerous and confidential.

“Oh, it’s one of those.” I said blankly.

“Baby, I love you.” He said. “When I get back I’m gonna make you my wife.”

“I love you too.” I answered back, “wait, what?”

“Yeah you heard me.” He laughed.

“You better.” I smiled. Silence. This is the silence that falls about the phone when neither one you has anything to say so you know the conversation is going to end soon. As much as you don’t want it to, it’s going to. Kinda like that Fort Minor song.

“I’m gonna go Amber. I love you.” He said.

“I love you to Jay Kay. Be safe and I’ll see you in 2 months.” I said.

“You know you will.” He said. “Sleep sweet.”

“You too.” We hung up. I sighed. I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream. I wanted to do a happy dance on my bed. I mean, he and I had talked about getting married, but it was all hypothetical. Ack! I’m getting married! I smiled to myself. I nestle deeper into the covers and get some sleep.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=11427