Painless Love by QueenofSweet



Summary: Karly's life was turned upside down when she was forced to live on the streets. JC enters her life and wants to help. Will she let him?
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstar
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: JC Chasez
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 05/12/04
Updated: 01/22/05


Painless Love by QueenofSweet
Chapter 1: Chapter 1
Author's Notes:

Chapter One

Blindly she stumbled into the night. Where she was headed, she didn't know. All she knew was the pain in her heart was unbearable.

The streetlights shone dimly as she walked into another street. Her sobs echoed off the buildings that stood metres away.

Few people walked the street at night. The people that did only stared at the broken girl as she walked, head down, into the night.

She sniffled and tried to dry her face before stopping at a small coffee shop.

She looked into the small establishment. Good. Hardly anyone here.

She walked to the entrance and opened the door. Once she was seated a waitress was standing above her, coffee cup in hand.

"Here ya go, darlin'," she said, placing the steaming mug on the table.

"Thank you."

Karly Scott held the hot cup in her cold hands as her light brown eyes glanced around the cafe. A little old lady sat a few tables away sipping her coffee.

Karly's eyes landed on a man sitting in the corner. She looked over his features. Brown curly hair, strong chiselled face, she stopped at his eyes.

Her mouth dropped open in shock when she realised he was staring right back at her. Her face grew red as she looked down at her cup. She raised the mug to her full lips and took a small sip. The hot liquid travelled down her throat and warmed her body some. She drank the rest of it and placed the cup down on the table.

"May I sit with you?" A male voice asked.

Karly looked up to see two brilliant blue eyes staring down at her.

"If you want," she answered nervously, running her hand through her straight shoulder length golden brown hair.

He took a seat. "My name is Josh, but you can call me JC," he introduced himself, extending his strong hand.

Karly slowly reached her hand out to shake his. "I'm Karly." His smile was genuine. "Nice to meet you."

Karly smiled as she placed her hand back on the table.

"So... what are you doing here? It's kinda late," JC asked, trying to make conversation.

"I... umm... just getting away from some things," she answered, looking down at her hands.

"What things?" JC inquired, as he leaned forward so he could rest his head in his hands.

His bright blue eyes looked over her. Her 5'4" frame was slumped in her seat as she played with her hands. Her clothes looked ratty, and her shirt was torn.

She opened her mouth to speak. "Life..." she replied, softly. "What about you?"

"I like to sit some place small and practically deserted so I can think. And plus I wanted some good coffee," he answered sitting back resting his hands back on the table. Karly glanced at his hands. They looked perfect. She wanted to reach out and touch them.

She felt tears rise in her eyes, but she tried hard to push them back. "Uh... I gotta go. It was nice meeting you," she said pushing back her chair and standing up. She reached into her jean pocket to find no money there. "Shit," she cursed quietly.

"Here, let me," JC offered placing two one dollars notes on the table.

Karly sniffled, "Thanks."

"Are you OK?" JC asked, standing up.

"I'm fine," she lied, as a few tears glided down her pale cheeks. She took one last look at the handsome JC and fled, leaving him confused. Karly ran as fast as she could. She didn't see the stick that lay in her path. She tripped and fell flat on her face and let out a cry of pain.

She rolled onto her back and sat up. She looked over her hands, which were slightly bloody from her fall. Her face hurt, her legs hurt. She got up slowly and made her way down an empty alley. It was home to her. She found her small cardboard boxes and her small blanket and lay down. This is how she spent her nights ever since she left home. Many nights she was chased and beaten for the little money that she had.

She cried herself to sleep, thinking about JC.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1385