Brassington High (HS AU) by Satsuma grove



Summary: Justin's whole life is about to be turned upside-down. Can a change in circumstances change this young boy's life?
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Joshtin
Genres: Drama
Warnings: adult language
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 05/23/04
Updated: 07/12/04


Brassington High (HS AU) by Satsuma grove
Chapter 1: Prologue
Author's Notes:

To be honest, he was a little bit scared. He knew that if he were hauled in front of the judge again, he’d be looking at a stretch in Juvie. He’d been told that the last time he was in court. It was so fucking stupid though, getting caught for this. All that he did and he gets pulled this time for spitting gum on the pavement, ironic really considering he’d ripped off three car stereos the night before.

Juvie wouldn’t be too bad, would it? He’d heard bad stories about it from Trace and the other members of the gang. They threatened you with it. ‘Do what we say or we’ll set you up and you’ll end up in Juvie’ followed by stories of guards beating you up and lewd comments about what happened in the shower rooms. Things the 14-year-old Justin Timberlake didn’t really understand, he just knew they sounded bad.

Now, he was sitting on a wooden bench, waiting to go into Juvenile Court again. His Mom wasn’t even there with him; she, his step-dad and his lawyer had gone to talk to the Judge about something, leaving him all alone. They shouldn’t have left him alone, this place was scary. He didn’t want to go to jail. He didn’t really even want to be part of Trace’s gang anymore, but once you’re in you can’t get out. He’d tried, honest he had. He felt the tears well up in his eyes and tried to blink them back. Where were they and what the hell did they want with the Judge? His mom had been weird all week actually. She seemed so pissed with him, more than normal. Well. He could understand her being pissed; he was up in court again. Normally though, she was sort of understanding, this time, she’d just plain ignored him.

He was due in at 10, and it was 9.55 now, so not long to go. Justin scratched his neck. His mom had insisted he wear a shirt and tie today, and proper trousers. He was itching everywhere though and his hair was probably everywhere without a cap to keep the curls in place. This just wasn’t good. He wasn’t even missing a day in school, no. It’s the summer holidays. He should be out, skateboarding or playing basketball. Maybe see if anyone was down on the community courts, not that many people would play with him though, not once they worked out who he was.

What he was. What he was. Yes. He was a Ay-ite. He wasn’t Justin Timberlake, he was Justin Timberlake, Ay-ite. He pulled himself up a little, furrowing his forehead. So what if he went to Juvie. There were other Ay-ite’s in there. They’d see him right. Fuck them, fuck his mother who didn’t care and fuck his fucking stepdad. He didn’t need them, he had his family, his brothers. He took the tie off and loosened his top button, pulling his shirt out from his trousers. He’d take what was coming, he’d take it like an Ay-ite.

He was called to the court room to see his Mom, Step Dad and Lawyer sitting down already. The Judge already waiting for him to take his seat. He gulped once, his not caring attitude wearing off at the sight of his Mom noticing he’d lost the tie. The Judge did all the legal talk, stating that Justin had violated the court order to stay out of trouble and had, once again ended up in front of him. He stated again that this would normally mean a stretch in a Juvenile home.

Hang on. Would normally mean a stretch. He wasn’t going to jail? Justin suddenly looked up at the Judge, his mom. Waiting to hear what would be next.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1631