School Daze by NconspicUous1



Summary: After rushing in on Justin Timberlake, in a most appealing state, Quinn Maire Caroll suddenly finds herself adpating to her new life in Memphis Tennessee. Follow them both through the most challenging and undoubetdly best yeras of their lives in School Daze!
Rating: PG starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Genres: Drama, Romance, Comedy
Warnings: adult language, sexual situations
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 06/30/04
Updated: 07/03/04


School Daze by NconspicUous1
Chapter 1: Chapter 1
Author's Notes:

School Daze

Chapter 1

~ Summer 1996~

“ Quinn Marie Carroll.” Shifting anxiously onto the side of her untied yellow tinted- though originally white- Reebok classics, Quinn looked down accusingly at the brown haired pinched face woman who had yet to raise her head and even acknowledge her presence. It wasn’t like I picked to be here either lady, Quinn thought biting her lip and moving her hazel eyes about the crowded auditorium where hundreds of other students faced the predicament of junior high school registration at Stoneybrook HIgh. She caught sight of the gold framed wall clock and realized in the 45 minutes since she last checked, she had managed to move past the first row of seats, which stood approximately a foot away from the registration table, and finally to the front of the line. Forty-five minutes of meaningless, idle thoughts that couldn’t keep her from the torturous presence of her explosive bladder that wouldn’t be relieved until she finally made it past ‘ Matropolis’- the assigned pet name for the lady she now stood face to face - or at least face to fuzzy brown bun with.
“ Ah, here we are. What is your birthday?” Quinn paused to wait and see if in fact a frog would jump out of the woman’s throat at any minute and out a rest to the croak in her throat, but thought against it once receiving the jolting stare above the black rimmed glasses, that of course adorned a thick layer of adhesive masking tape in the middle.
“ February 2nd.” Quinn sighed, quite sure that the information was laid right before ‘Matropolis’.
“ The year?!” the woman asked with a swift undertone, causing Quinn to roll her eyes and shift once again onto the side of her sneakers.
“ 1982"
“ Now could you please repeat your name?” What was this twenty questions, Quinn thought angrily stepping closer and peering down at the paper that sat on the table. Leaning forward, she pointed directly to the listing of all her information.
“ It says right there........QUINN.......MARIE.....CAROLL.., what I said before! Now I am wasting away my summer with this trivia game. Check my info, sign me up for class and let’s get this show on the road!” Standing back up Quinn crossed her chestnut colored arms across her chest and returned the astonished stares from the students around her. Closing her eyes and sighing deeply, Quinn could see what Dorothy had meant when she said there was no place like home. New York was nothing like the backwater country of Memphis City, nothing at all.

Stepping away from the table, where she left a stunned and silenced ‘Matropolis’ Quinn looked over her surroundings to find the easiest way out of the auditorium and to the nearest bathroom. She couldn’t believe how many people were crowded inside, although the auditorium was a huge room. She had come from a public school back at home in Staten Island, NY and was not intimidated by the size of the group of students that crowded around her. She wasn’t even taken aback by the extended lines for registration, she was, however, stunned at the speed of which everything seemed to move in Memphis Tennessee. If you asked her, everyone and everything seemed to be moving backwards in time. Perhaps the new day and age had yet to fall back and bring good ole Tennessee up to par. This was going to take some getting used to, she thought moving up the isle and towards the door. She wasn’t surprised to see a hurdle of students crowding the door, and had easily maneuvered herself to where she had spotted a bathroom. She wasn’t about to question why several boys had emerged from the opening of it, seeing as though Memphis still seemed to be living in medieval time. Shrugging and hoping to find at least separate stalls for boys and girls, Quinn pushed her way in.

If he had been paying attention, and actually caught the glance of the black haired girl that had opened the door and made her way into the bathroom, maybe perhaps then Justin Timberlake would have had time to cover himself up from using the urinal. Only he hadn’t been, and instead had been transfixed by the number he remembered scribbling on the wall during his seventh grade ‘King of Hearts’ dance. He had just remembered the walking out of the gymnasium to find Scarlett Johnson - his ex girlfriend- and Joshua Chasez kissing by the lockers. It was just as well for him to be duped for a junior his first year of junior high school. Before he had thought that the merge of the high school and junior high had been pretty cool. It didn’t take long after that incident for him to change his mind. But once and again, had he been paying attention to reality and not such a dark and depressing memory, he would have noticed the girl staring open eyed at his drizzling man hood. Only when she breathed in sharply did he jump at her presence.
“ What the...” he started then turned his back to her in efforts of shielding herself.
“ Ohmigosh!” she yelped and Justin could hear the surprised and tried not to kid himself in thinking that along with the element of suprise, amazement shared the note in her voice. Coming down from the initial shock he bit his lip in amusement. Who was she, and what was she doing in the boy’s bathroom? Zipping himself up, he quickly erased his smile and turned to finally see who this mystery girl was standing before him. Looking her over, he was sure that he had never seen her before. He could tell she was younger than him, maybe around 13 if not 14, and wondered if she hadn’t been new but instead just someone he dismissed before as being an underclassmen. Then again, no matter the age, Justin would have noticed a face like that.
“ I’m so sorry.” she gulped, shaking her head full of black locks and looking down. Justin smiled to himself, he couldn’t believe he was sitting there admiring a younger girl in the boy’s bathroom after she had seen the make of him. But yet, he couldn’t help but admire her freckled stained face and arms, or her round heart shaped face that looked soft to the touch. Even though she wore a faded Bob Marley shorts with cut off knee shorts and dogged out sneakers, Justin still thought she took the record of the most gorgeous girl he’d ever seen.
“ It’s cool.” he blushed, although he didn’t really want to. What was the sense of a twelve, maybe thirteen, year old girl making him blush. Where was the rationale in that? He suddenly shaped up, no little girl was going to unman him, although she had a full idea of what she was working with.
“ I uh...yeah, I’m gonna go. Yeah.” she stammered backing up and into the door.
“ See you around.” Justin smirked to himself, shaking his head as he washed his hands watching her walk out the door.
“ What took you so long?” Trace Ayala waited until Justin took his seat next to him on the provided bench right outside the entrance to the school. Propped up to check out all the returning freshman and of course, to see what promising next year freshman were arriving, Trace, Justin, Shawn Parker and Bryce Williams watched the buzz of their school campus with glee.
“ This girl came in the bathroom.” Justin laughed, and the guys around him shot him a crazy look.
“ Is that what you call it these days, whatever happened to I’m taking a shit. Now we have, letter in a mailbox....someone at the door...girl came in the bathroom. I mean come on!” Trace reasoned while the others laughed. Justin shook his head, wondering where it was that all of Trace’s ideas and theory on life stemmed from. Wherever that place might be, he prayed he’d never access it. Not even attempting to correct his friend, Justin fell right back into sync and smiled flirtatiously at the group of girls surrounding the table across from them. He recognized them all, and bet that by the end of this school year, he’d score with all of them. He had a new mentality about him, afterall two years of heartbreak would do it to you. He finally realized, girlfriends weren’t meant for anybody but the upperclassmen, and until Justin met that status, he refused to go out on a limb and once again loose another girl to the beast of the junior and senior class. Nope, they could have them all. In the meantime, Justin just wouldn’t mind sampling them. Nothing like a hungry man at a buffet bar, he’d rather be that man than the one sitting at home eating a home cooked meal made by the wife. A wife could up and leave you, but a dish on the buffet line could always be replaced.



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2216