Certain Circumstances by Dreamer



Summary: All Rosa was doing that day was trying to get home from work, she met Justin by accident but they developed a connection with each other that he felt with no one else before. He wants a relationship with her but she can't. He doesn't understand that certain circumstances are keeping them apart. What are they and does all hell break loose when they're out in the open? PLEASE REVIEW
*MEET THE CAST*
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Justin Timberlake
Genres: Romance
Warnings: violence/death
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 07/09/04
Updated: 10/06/06


Certain Circumstances by Dreamer
Chapter 1: 1
Author's Notes:

Certain Circumstances

“Stupid bus, never comes when it says it will.” Rosa thought aloud. “Ouch.” She said angrily as she got pushed again, from a stranger walking by on the crowded sidewalks. She got hit once more sending all the papers in her hands flying. “Perfect, just perfect.” She jogged to retrieve her papers that were blowing in the wind. As she bent down to pick the last sheet up, she heard the bus coming. She grabbed the paper and ran to the bus. On her way she knocked into someone leaving a store sending her falling backwards on her butt. “Oh bloody hell.”

“Need some help?” A male voice asked. She lifted her head and saw his extended hand. She accepted and he quickly pulled her off the ground. She quickly dusted off her bum.

“I’m so sorry. Today is not my day at all. I didn’t mean to collide into you.”

“I don’t mind, really.” She looked up at a man that appeared to be her age. He was smiling at her and his blue eyes were twinkling. Curls peeked out from under his hat. He looked so adorable; too bad she couldn’t do anything about it.

“That’s cute and I’d love to stay and chit chat with you but I really have to catch my bus.”

“Which bus?”

“The one that is gonna stop a right over,” Rosa looked at the bus stop. The bus was half way down the street. “Oh my bus! It was really nice meeting you, I really have to go.” She started to run after the bus.

“We never really did meet, and I don’t think you’re catching up to that bus.” He shouted after her. Most girls ran towards him and she was running away. He was obviously not going to see her again so he really should get back to his original plan. He continued to walk up the street to the parking lot which he parked in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She silently cursed to herself as she had her face in her hands as she sat on the bench. She was dead meat now. She would be more than two hours late if she waited for the next bus that would take her back to Orlando.

“I’m guessing the bus ran you out?” A familiar voice asked behind her. She turned around to see the owner of the voice. It was the man from before.

“No I forfeited the race.” She smiled at him.

“Do you mind if I sit down?”

“No go ahead, I’m going to be here for a while.”

“Thanks. I’m Justin by the way.”

“Rosalina but everyone calls me Rosa.”

“Wow, that’s a really unique name and very beautiful.”

“Thank you.”

“So are you a tourist?” Justin wondered hoping her answer was no so he could ask her to dinner.

“No I live in Orlando; I’ve lived in the States for about eight years now. Did you think I was a tourist because of my accent?”

“Ya, is it English?” She nodded. “I always wished I had an accent.”

“But you do.” Rosa said quickly.

“No I don’t.”

“You see, you think you don’t because you’re so use to the way you talk but to me you have an accent and to myself I don’t think I have an accent but everyone here tells me I do because they are not English. Understand?”

“I’m pretty sure.” Justin nodded. “So is that where you’d headed? Orlando?”

“Ya and I’m so dead meat if I’m not there because I have a meeting I have to attend but I’m going to be so late and I have a special dinner tonight that I will have absolutely no time to prepare for and I was suppose to go over to my mom’s house too and my stupid car felt like breaking down this morning the day I needed it most and the bus is so damn unreliable.”

“Well I really have to go.”

“You’re not taking the bus?” She looked confused.

“No, my car is parked out back here in that parking lot; I want to make it to Orlando before the traffic kicks in.” Justin smiled as he slowly stood up. She grabbed his hand and yanked him down.

“You’re going to Orlando?” His smile widened. “You must give me a ride. Please. I will be forever in your debt.”

“On one condition.”

“What? What is it?”

“You have dinner with me.” She frowned.

“I can’t, I’m so sorry.”

“Why not?”

“I really don’t want to explain but I’m so sorry. It’s okay, I’ve already made a phone call, and they are going to send a car to come get me.” Now Justin frowned.

“Are you sure?”

“I’m positive Justin and thank you for the offer but I’ll just wait, it won’t be much longer.”

“Okay bye. It was really nice meeting you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“I can’t believe that shit. My charm with women has run out. Big time.” He said aloud as he walked to his car. He heard something and turned around. Just a bunch of people walking. Nothing out of the usual. *Stop being so damn paranoid Justin.* He thought. He heard a branch break right behind him and he turned around. Rosa was standing right be hide him.

“You’re following me.” Justin said through his smile.

“Well since it’s kinda your fault I missed the bus I decided I should just take your offer.”

“Kinda my fault? How?” He asked.

“Well if we didn’t bang into each other I wouldn’t have missed it.” She replied innocently.

“If I remember it correctly you bumped into me.” Justin smiled.

“Well you remember wrong, now can we please just get a move on it. Pretty please remember I owe you dinner.”

“Okay okay we’ll get going but I’ll remember this.”

“Whatever you want just as long as we get to Orlando by 3:15.”

“I promise.” Justin said as he opened the passenger door for her.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2430