Stand Here With Me by JoBlonde



Summary: Tru and her husband Kyle are beginning their lives together, and bringing a new one into the world. Justin is a best friend of Kyle, and when Kyle's world goes spinning, he is there to stead everything and take care of Tru...but will she let him?
Rating: PG
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Justin Timberlake
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 08/12/04
Updated: 08/12/04


Stand Here With Me by JoBlonde
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Author's Notes:

I knew when I married Kyle Petrucci, that my life would never be the same way again. We would never have quiet moments together anymore, sitting around and relaxing, but I wouldn't give up our hectic life for the world. You see, Kyle may be as ordinary as your and me, but his best friend isn't. J, or Justin as you would know him, has known Kyle since they were two, growing up across the street from each other.


So, having Justin Timberlake from Nsync popping in with his friends every time they got a chance, I knew my life would be far from ordinary, but I never in a million years expected to have to tell Kyle this...especially right now, when Justin is going to be here any minute with JC and Lance.


I sat him down on our bed and crossed my legs under me as a sat next to him, smiling. On the inside, I was about to bust...how was I going to tell him? "What's up, Tru?" he asked, kissing my hands as he eld them in his. I blushed and lowred my head, causing my ong black hair to fall over my face...he knew that it got me every time.


He leaned over and pushed my hair back behind my ear, kissing me softly. I took a deep breath and started, "Kyle...I-" I was interrupted when we heard Justin knocking on the door, and JC and Lance's laughter.


We both stood up and Kyle kissed my cheek, "Can it wait for later, sweets?" I nodded and smiled, knowing how excited he was about seeing Justin for the first time in months.


We jogged down the stairs in the house that Justin had bought for us on our first anniversary. It was a simple three bedroom, two bath house, but it was beautiful compared to the moldy apartment we had beforehand. It was hard for Justin to convince us to keep it...how could we let him spend his hard earned money on us? We reached an agreement, though, so Kyle and I would be more comfortable living in the house, and that was when Justin was in town, the house was open to him at any time, no matter what. Opening the door, we found Justin about to knock again, a huge smile on his face. I was the first one he saw, with Kyle behind me, his arms wrapped around my waist.


"Hey, beautiful," he smiled, hugging me.


"Hey, J...good to see you," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and standing on my toes to reach.


Standing at five feet two inches, it was hard to reach up to Justin, so he had to bend down slightly before standing back up and hugging Kyle. We all alternated hugs before getting the guys situated in their rooms and heading down for me to start dinner.


Everyone sat around the TV set, watching America's Funniest Home Videos while I prepared Kyle's favorite dish, my homemade fetuccini alfredo. He could smell it cooking and whistled from the living room, "Tru...that smells amazing!" I smiled at hearing his voice, and blew him a kiss before turning back to the stove, getting ready to set everything on the table.


Having dinner with JC, Justin, and Kyle all together was something else. Lance was mostly quiet, complementing me every so often on my cooking, but the other three definitely made up for Lance's silence. JC and Justin spent the whole time telling Kyle about a crazed fan who found a way onto their bus and hid in the bathroom, exaggerating everything
to make it even more funny.


I watched my husband with eyes full of love, as he laughed at a joke that Lance had spoken up to say. He was amazing, and it was times like these when I realized how truly lucky I was to have him in my life. I couldn't imagine it any other way.


When dinner was over, JC, Justin, and Lance headed upstairs to get unpacked as Kyle helped me clean up. I thought that maybe now would be the right time to tell him, but just as I was opening my mouth, he turned around and glanced at the clock.


"J!" He yelled up the stairs, "Monday night football in five minutes!" I sighed and finished loading the dishwasher as Kyle packed up the leftovers. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck softly, sending chills down my spine. I giggled, turning my head up to look at him.


"I love you," he said softly.


Right then and there, I melted.


"I love you, too."


He kissed me quickly and headed to watch football with the guys as I headed upstairs, getting ready for bed. Shortly after I had laid down to read my book, I head a chorus of "Oh!" coming from downstairs, and footsteps on the stairs.


"Guys, I'm beat, and this game is way to depressing to watch. Let me know how it goes!" Kyle called down the stairs. My heart pounded as he opened the door to our bedroom and he smiled at me.


"You aren't asleep."


I shook my head, "Nope."


He crawled into bed, wrapping his arms around my waist, my back to him. "Tru...what did you want to talk about earlier?" he asked, kissing my cheek softly. "I..uh...I just wanted to tell you that..." I trailed off nervously. Were we ready for this?


"What, sweets?"


"I'm pregnant." I felt his breathing stop quickly, as what I said sunk in. "I'm gonna be a daddy?" he asked quietly. "And I'm gonna be a mommy," I smiled.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=3126