Baby Riot by radcliffe bass



Summary: Lance got JC's sister pregnant...smells like trouble? you bet!!!
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Short Stories
Characters: Group
Genres: Comedy
Warnings: adult language
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 09/24/04
Updated: 09/30/04


Baby Riot by radcliffe bass
Chapter 1: Chapter 1
Author's Notes:

Disclaimer : I don’t own *NSYNC and I don’t know them personally, everything that happens in story is pure fiction (except the guys and Wade that is) meaning this didn’t happen at all so please don’t sue me! Just read and enjoy!
And PLEASE REVIEW!!!!


Chapter 1


“Lance, I’m pregnant.”

Crash! Pak! Bog!

“Say whattt?!!!!” A totally shocked Lance Bass asked from his position on the floor.

Julia Chasez smiled as she sat down beside her boyfriend, who fell from his chair when he heard the news. “I said, congratulations! You’re gonna be a daddy!” Smiling, somewhat saucily.

Lance stared at her blankly. “Come on,” Julia urged. “Say something.”

“How did that happen?” Lance asked as he rose.

“You don’t remember?” Julia pouted. “Okay, let me jog your memory,” she started as Lance shifted to hear her better. “Let’s see, well, we were in front of my apartment door, we just got home from our date, and you were saying’ goodbye. I was about to go inside, when you kissed me. Not just a simple goodbye kiss, you know what I mean right?” Glancing sideways to see Lance’s confirmation. “And then, things got pretty heated up, you carried me to my room. We started undressing each other,” a sideward glance revealed a blushing Lance, “then, we explored each other’s body in the most intimate way possible, passion evident in every kiss, yet you were very careful not to rush things up. You asked me if I was ready, when I said yes……”

“Okay, okay, I get it,” a beet-red Lance interrupted.

“But I’m not yet finished,” Julia whined, obviously enjoying the kind of reaction she is getting from Lance. “We were joined, then you had an org….”

“I know, I know!” Lance exclaimed, embarrassed. “I did that remember? What I want to know is how on Earth you got pregnant?! I thought we were careful?”

“I am pretty much asking the same thing,” Julia replied. “How did that happen Lance, I thought YOU were careful.”

Lance stood up, trying to remember everything that has transpired on that night, thinking of what went wrong. Julia was enjoying the expressions on Lance’s face as he was obviously trying so hard to remember everything. 'I wish I brought a camera,' she thought.

'Man, what went wrong?' Lance asked himself. Everything was perfect, a silver glittering foil on his bedside table caught his attention. 'How come I get the feeling that…..' he moved towards the table and quickly picked the object up. Lance groaned inwardly as realization suddenly dawned over.

“OH SHIT!” Lance cursed, causing Julia to hasten to his side.

“What?”

“I….i…..i forgot to use the condom,” he replied, somewhat apologetically.

Julia smirked, “now, does that answer your question?” Lance nodded.

“Oh Jules I’m sorry,” Lance apologized in his sweetest voice.

“I think it’s kinda too late for that,” Julia remarked, smiling sweetly. “Besides, we can’t do anything about it anyway.”

Lance groaned, he walked towards Julia and tried to envelop her in his arms, but she shrugged him off gently.

“However,” she stepped towards the dresser and looked at the mirror. “It’s not too late to ask this million dollar question,” she continued, turning around so that she’s looking directly into Lance’s eye. “What the heck are we gonna do?”

Lance thought for a second, “Let’s get married!” he beamed, his eyes twinkling at the idea.

“Hello! Have you lost it or what?!” Julia laughed, her voice devoid of humor. “Newsflash! Nobody knows that we’re committed, not even Jace. Do you know what your bestfriend is capable of doing if he found out that you got his beloved baby sister knocked up?” Julia laughed at him dryly. “Geesh! I think that bump proved to be more fatal than I thought it was.”

“Jeez, I’m scared,” Lance replied sarcastically. Julia glanced at him from the corner of her eye, obviously annoyed at his reaction.

“Come here,” Lance crooned softly, trying to sooth Julia’s irritation. When she did not move (and it looks as if she has no intention of doing so), Lance walked towards her and put him arms around her, rocking her gently as he whispered softly in her ears, “okay, so that was a bad joke, but I was serious about the marriage part.”

Julia gently rested her head on Lance’s chest, “hmmm…,” she sighed, enjoying the warmth of his embrace. “I know you’re serious, you’ll never joke about that. But Lance….”

“I know, I know, nobody knows,” Lance interrupted. “Hmmm,” he sighed, “how about living together?”

“A good suggestion but not feasible.”

Lance kissed the top of her head, basking on her sweet jasmine scent before asking, “Why?”

“Is your brain always this non-functional?” Julia asked.

“Only when you’re with me,” Lance replied. “You make me so happy, I forget everything else.”

“Gosh, Lance, what if a bomb drops here at this very moment?”

“I don’t care, as long as you’re with me, they could drop an H-bomb if they like, and I won’t give a damn!”

“So poetic,” looking up, she kissed Lance softly on the lips, “and stupid!” She giggled softly.

“Call me whatever you like, but that’s how I really feel,” Lance smiled, kissing her back. “Anyway, why?” he asked, breaking the kiss.

“Huh?” Julia blinked, not quite comprehending the question.

“Now whose brain is non-functional?” Lance laughed softly, happy at the unintentional payback.

“Hah! I was just joking, I know what you mean!” she said indignantly. Lance raised an eyebrow, as if to say ‘really’, Julia rolled her eyes, as he continued laughing.

“Okay, tell me about it,” he finally said.

“Simple, you’re never home.”

Lance raised an eyebrow.

“Well, your itinerary is mainly composed of touring with the other guys which I may say takes up most if not half of your time. Half of it is spent doing shows, another fourth is being eaten up by your company, not to mention your responsibilities as a stock holder at a movie outfit, another fourth is taken by charities, another half is taken by your family and the like. If you add it up, that’s like a half and a whole of your time. You’ll be out of the house 365 ¼ days a year, no, make that 400 days a year, and if you’re lucky, you’ll be able to stay there for probably like, 1 hour, that is, if you’re lucky. Gosh, you’re so busy! I wonder where that would leave me?!” Julia smiled at him, hardly out of breath.

“That’s not true! Besides, who says I’m the only busy one, your schedule’s composed of photoshoots every now and then, if not in New York, where you spend almost half of your time, you’re always in London, Europe or wherever your name and fame takes you. Then more often than not, you’re at your summer villa at Paris! Now where does that leave me?!” Lance complained.

“See, even you got my point,” Julia smiled sweetly at Lance’s admittance.

Lance blinked, startled at the sudden turnabout of his stand. “Oh.” Julia’s smile widened. “Got ya there!”

“Yeah, you got me there,” Lance kissed her lips, then her eyes.

“Lance?”

“Hmmm…” Lance continued kissing her, on the nose, on her lips, eyes and any part of her face, wherever his aimless kiss would lead him.

“What if, I get an abortion?”

Lance stopped, and tightened his hold on her. “You won’t do that,” Lance’s voice was so cold that Julia felt herself shivering, if only he wasn’t holding her so tight, “that is my child, you would have to kill me first Jules before you hurt my child.”

Julia was shocked at the coldness of his voice, it was so cold that his expression was somewhat blank, that she can’t interpret whether he’s angry or not. 'And his hold on me, it’s so rigid and tense, I…' “Lance, I can’t breath,” she stammered, somehow, seeing him like this, expressionless and cold, distant, so distant, scares her.

“Huh, I’m sorry,” he apologized as he loosened his hold on her, but did not let her go, instead, he held her on a strong yet gentle embrace. “I’m sorry Jules, it’s just that, I don’t want you to kill the child, it’s our child and that’s what I’ve been dreaming of for a long, long time…..” he kissed her forehead, “..please, don’t take that dream away, please..”

“This is my child too, you think I would have the guts to do it?”

“Then why?”

“It’s just that I can’t think of anything else. I know you want to build a family, that's easy for you. You’ve already achieved everything you’ve dreamed of, you’re ready for that kind of life. Me, however,” Julia sighed, fighting back the tears that won’t seem to fall, “I still have a lot to work for, I want to do more, I want to achieve more. I don’t want to be just a famous photographer, I want to be the photographer that everyone would wish they would be. I know it’s too ambitious, but that’s what I am, that’s what I want and..”

“…you get what you want,” Lance finished for her. He sighed, suddenly feeling tired and dizzy at Julia’s sudden emotional mellow breakdown. 'I don’t know whether I’d be happy that she finally confided her true feelings or be disappointed that she doesn’t have the same passion and dreams that I have.' “Oh Jules.”

"What are you thinking Lance?' “Hey! You’re pretty bummed out for someone who was really excited about being a father a while ago,” she joked, trying to lighten the mood.

“Yeah! I was! And still am! So, what are we gonna do?”

“Well, since we can’t think of anything else, and we surely can’t get married..”

“Yet. We can’t get married yet,” he corrected.

She smiled,' my, he really wants to marry me!' “Okay, we can’t get married yet, so I guess living together is the best option…” Lance’s eyes widened in excitement. “However..”

“However?” his eyes squinting in confusion.

“However, on the condition that the place where we would live would be far from Jace and the others and that it must be near my workplace. Which mean…”

“That we would live in New York,” Lance raised both his hands in defeat. “Must it always be your way?”

“My way or the highway.”

“Ha!” Lance grabbed her and carried her to the bed, dropping her gently. “Lance!” Julia squealed in delight, as Lance tickled her. “Stop it!”

Lance didn’t seem to hear her as he continued tickling her.

“Lance! The baby! Stop it!”

Lance stopped when he heard the stern tone on her voice, she was right, she might miscarry. Suddenly, Lance realized that he doesn’t know a thing about pregnancy. “I wish Mom was here, she’ll know what to do.”

“Yeah, me too, I wish my Mom was here,” both were silent. “So! Where do you propose we live? We surely can’t use my apartment, Jace’s like going there everytime,” she asked.

“Well, that’s been taken care of,” Julia raised an eyebrow at him as if to say ‘oh really’. Lance nodded, “Unbeknownst to everyone which would no longer include you since you’ll be having first hand information in a few seconds, I have an apartment near your office. I acquired it two years ago, when I first met you.”

“Really? You mean, you were actually looking for an apartment when we first bumped onto each other?” she asked excitedly, reminiscing their first meeting. Lance wanting to buy her coffee, which she declined because she has an appointment with JC, only to find out that the ‘friend’ her brother wanted her to meet was the very person whose invitation for coffee she has just declined.

“Yup.”

“Why?”

“Well,” he started, grinning
mischievously. “Honestly, to look for an place where I can have peace and quiet every once in a while when we visit New York.”

“OH!” she laughed, remembering that among the five friends, Lance was the one who actually appreciated the ‘quiet time alone’ thing. “Oh yeah, I remember that you guys live at Joey’s house whenever you visit New York, you surely won’t get some peace and quiet there.”

“Yeah,” he agreed, “much as I love being with the guys, I do need some time alone, for myself. I know that they’re not as nuts as I am when it comes to those things so, I just have to fend for myself. Actually, that’s not my only ‘House of Silence’, as what I like to call it, I also have one in Mississippi aside from our house, one in Memphis, Pennsylvania and Washington D.C.”

“All those? And no one knows? My! You’re one heck of a sly guy!”

“Well, yeah, kind of, but not actually that sly.”

“Huh?”

“Well, you see, someone knows actually.”

“What?!” Julia raised her voice a little louder than expected.

“But I assure you it’s not JC, it’s someone you can actually trust to keep quiet about it coz he also appreciates the ‘quiet time alone’ thing,” he hurriedly explained. If he were an animated character on television, he’ll look like a one inch person with a big sweatdrop at the back of his head, that’s for sure.

“Oh really? How can you be sure?”

“Well, he’s Wade.”

“Oh.” Julia was silenced, Wade was actually a good secret keeper. He’s the only person that she and Lance revealed their relationship to, aside from Casey, her bestfriend.

“You’re right,” she agreed, “our secret’s safe with him.”

“Yeah. So, when do you move in?”

“As soon as I finish this assignment, probably next week.”

“You mean, you’ll be staying here in this really cold hole in a very cold country called Canada?”

Julia nodded. “Yup, and you must rejoice you know, coz it’ll be hell when I move in.”

“You mean heaven. It’ll be heaven with you by my side.”

“I wouldn’t bet on that too much Lance.”

“I would.”

“You lose.”





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=3803