Hold On To the Nights by goneplatinum



Summary: It's something that happens once in a lifetime. The girl he lusted after during high school. The boy she secretly had a crush on. What will happen when they come face-to-face some 5 years later?
Rating: PG
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Lance Bass
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 09/24/04
Updated: 09/24/04


Hold On To the Nights by goneplatinum
Chapter 1: Chapter One
Author's Notes:

---
"Just when I believed
I couldn't ever want for more
This ever changing world
Pushes me through another door"

---

Family comes first. This statement had been drilled into my head by my mother and grandmother for over 21 years. And because of my devout devotion to my family, I was now heading west down interstate 20 towards my hometown of Clinton, Mississippi.

Before all the hoopla gets in the way, let me formally introduce myself. Hannah Jamison, age 21, junior at the University of Georgia in Atlanta, majoring in music education. With the radio and air conditioner blasted at the top level, I scruffled around the passenger seat, while keeping a clear eye on the road ahead, searching for a stick of gum I knew was there.

"Ah HA! I hath found you," I said devilishly, unwrapping the small piece of Trident Cherry with my thumb and index finger, "And now... you have no choice but to enter the temple of doom!"

One of the main reasons of my journey home was my sister Janine's wedding. She had asked me many months before to be the maid of honor, and of course I couldn't say no. I considered Janine to be my confidante, the one I went to with life's problems, even if she was nearly 6 years my senior. Being around older people kind of makes you grow up faster.

Chomping away, I mentally thought of what lay ahead of me. A whole week in my old room, a room that was still painted light pink with white border. Pillows in the shapes of hearts and bows sat along the window seat, probably thick with collected dust, and a ruffly beyond belief bedspread. Yes, my parents treated me like I was 4 until the day I moved out at 18.

"Oh Han, why are you putting yourself through this torture?" I asked, sighing deeply. I tend to talk to myself... out loud. Don't ask why, because I have no reason for it. Nervous habit, I guess. I looked in the rearview mirror and smiled," Well at least the dress is fabulous."

A garment bag hung in the back seat on the passenger side, the white plastic bag that rustled with every bump. The dress itself was a deep plum and sleeveless, which set off my dark blond hair perfectly. And it was something I could easily wear again, so that's another good thing. Look at me, I'm turning into the Martha Stewart incarnate!

"Home sweet home." I murmured with loads of sarcasm, turning onto the familiar street.

Cars lined both sides, making it near impossible for me to squeeze my 1996 Dodge Ram truck through. But I did, and soon I was walking up the front steps, loaded down with athletic bags. Before I even reached for the door knob, the door swung open and I saw a pair of arms coming at me.

"Oomph!"

"Hannah bo Bannah! Girl, it is about time you showed up!" Janine said. grinning after she released me from the death grip.

Out of the 8 kids in my family, Janine and I looked the most alike.

"Is she here? Where is my baby sister?" a voice called from inside.

Soon the whole front porch was full of us Jamison women. From oldest to youngest, there's my two brothers Ryan and Will, then Brenna, Lucy, Dana , Janine, Aubrey and me. We were just one big and happy crew.
----

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=3811