Simply Irresistible by julie suzanne



Summary: Abbey had a terrible heart break two years ago and she still has yet to get back into the dating scene. She lives with her best friend Madelyn in New York City. Along with Madelyn and her friends, they try to help Abbey cope with her heart ache and find love again. Please review!!
Rating: PG-13
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: JC Chasez
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: adult language
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 03/14/05
Updated: 03/16/05


Simply Irresistible by julie suzanne
Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Old Friends
Author's Notes:

May 2nd in the early afternoon

"Maddie?! Are you coming out?" Abbey shouted through the door trying to get her best friend's attention. Banging once again on the door she shouted, "I have to show you something!"

"I'm coming. Jeez!" Madelyn answered as she took the wet towel off her head, "Can't a girl have time to herself?" Madelyn opened the door and walked out of the bathroom squeezing the water from her golden-streaked hair. "So what is so important that you have to show me now?"

"Well.. smarty pants.. I have to show you this," Abbey began as she picked up an envelope from the table. She opened it and Madelyn noticed that on the outside it was addressed to both of the girls, and it was from American Airlines. "We have just received two tickets to go to Florida to see the guys!" Abbey's face grew brighter waiting for Madelyn’s reaction. "Did you hear me?"

"Yes."

"How can you not be jumping for joy or at least smiling? Are you ok?"

“I'm happy that we get to see them I just have other things on my mind right now,” Madelyn explained. Abbey looked at Madelyn with a questioning expression on her face. “Reader's Digest version... Dan was being a jerk as usual and we got into a fight again last night. We broke up.”

"Maddie, I'm sorry," Abbey said as she walked over and gave her a hug. "He didn't deserve you anyway. I'm happy you are out of that relationship, no offense. But all you need is to be single and not tied down to a boyfriend who is inconsiderate and selfish. No one deserves that."

"Thanks Abbey. Maybe this trip will do me good. It'll be good to get away from New York City for awhile and get into a different environment, especially in Florida with the guys."

Abbey and Madelyn had known their friends for a long time. Although they were five guys with completely opposite and sometimes identical personalities each filled up a huge space in the girls’ hearts.

About two years ago Abbey took Madelyn to a club for Madelyn’s 18th birthday, and there they met their friends. It just so happened that they were the guys from NSYNC. They had been in an exclusive room at the club. When Abbey went to the bathroom she had bumped into Lance and dropped her purse...

__________________________________________________



Abbey knelt down to pick up her purse and its contents that had fallen out. The man who had bumped into her had also knelt down to help her pick up her things. As they both were squatting down they bumped heads.

"I'm sorry," Abbey said as she lifted her head to see the person who had collided with her.

"No, it was my fault, I'm such a klutz. I'm sorry," he answered back.

Abbey looked at the man funny as he stood up and reached out for her hand to help her up from kneeling on the ground. Abbey took his hand and stared at him again.

"Is there something on my face?" the man asked.

"Oh, no, no. Sorry. You just remind me of someone famous that’s all,” Abbey responded.

"A little like Lance Bass?" the man replied.

"Yes. More than a little, a lot. Has anyone ever told you that?" Abbey wondered.

"Well people would tell me that I hope. I am Lance Bass."

Abbey then turned bright red and laughed at herself,"Oh jeez, this is a little embarrassing."

"More than a little embarrassing, try a lot," Lance joked at Abbey to make her relax.

They both laughed at Lance's joke. Abbey then had an idea. She thought to herself, 'I wonder if the rest of the guys are here? That would be a great surprise for Maddie's birthday.' She then decided to ask Lance if he was here by himself, "Lance, if you don't mind me asking, are the other guys here?"

"Yes, would you like to meet them, cause I think they will be more than happy to see the person who gave me this bruise. Well a bruise that I'm sure is soon to come," Lance answered as he rubbed his forehead.

"Yes, thank you so much. And I have a little proposition for you too," Abbey began as Lance escorted her to the exclusive room where the rest of the guys were relaxing. Abbey told Lance how she had surprised her best friend Madelyn by taking her to the club for her 18th birthday. And how she had also got the club to announce it was her birthday. When she walked in, the people in the club began to sing Happy Birthday to her.

Abbey proposed to Lance about getting Madelyn back to meet the guys for an even better birthday surprise. Lance agreed and told the guys who Abbey was and how they met and about Abbey's plan for Madelyn and they were all happy to be in on the surprise for Madelyn.

Abbey had gotten Madelyn to come back to the bathroom and then she convinced Madelyn to sneak into the exclusive room where she thought she saw Mandy Moore. Madelyn walked in and the guys sang Happy Birthday to her and Madelyn began to cry. Abbey smiled as the guys finished and she then said Happy 18th Birthday Madelyn. Madelyn gave Abbey the biggest hug and then hugged the guys and thanked them for the great birthday surprise.

Madelyn was so overwhelmed with her birthday surprise that she completely forgot who just sang Happy Birthday to her. Madelyn and Abbey had both been big fans of NSYNC and now they were standing in front of them. Madelyn then realized who it was and smiled bigger than ever and began to hyperventilate.

"Holy crap Abbey! I love you so much! How did you? Do you know who they are? And oh my Gosh! I love you!" She then turned the guys and said, "I love you guys! Oh jeez! I'm going to die!”


__________________________________________________



From then on the five guys of NSYNC and the girls had become good friends.

Abbey smiled and Maddie walked back into the bathroom. All Abbey hoped was that her friends would understand that Madelyn just broke up with her boyfriend and she may be emotional. Abbey could never tell how Madelyn would react in some situations. All she could do was try to keep her happy until they had some time alone for her to let everything out.

Madelyn had always been emotional and Abbey was the complete opposite. Madelyn wasn't afraid to cry, or express her feelings. Abbey had never let anyone see herself cry, except Madelyn, and she was always afraid to express her feelings, especially to boys. The only way Abbey ever got out her love was to her family and her best friend. She was very particular about telling someone that she loved them. Of all people to be best friends, Abbey and Madelyn were it. Two completely opposite people who complimented each other perfectly.

"Maddie our flight leaves at 7 p.m. and I would like to be there at 5 p.m., if that's alright with you. You need to be ready at 4. Ok?" Abbey informed her friend.

"Alright, I will be ready Abbey. I promise!" Madelyn said as she walked back into the bathroom. Abbey knew then that by 4:15 they would be leaving the house, at the earliest. Madelyn always rushed while she got ready. Most of the time she was ready but something would always preoccupy her and she ended up running a little behind schedule. Abbey was a perfectionist so when Madelyn would run late, Abbey would become a basket case.

"Well, I am going to go. I need to get Lance's birthday present. I am getting him the books about the rapture, The Left Behind Series. He borrowed my first book and he told me he loved it. I am getting him the first five books in the series. After I go to Borders I am gonna go to Starbucks and grab a cappuccino," Abbey said as she pulled her long dark hair into a pony tail.

Madelyn lightly hit her head against the mirror in the bathroom and asked Abbey to hold on a second. She walked into her bedroom to get her purse. She came out with her baby blue Aeropastle purse Abbey had bought her for her 20th birthday earlier that year in March. Madelyn pulled out her wallet and found thirty dollars. Handing Abbey the money she said, "Can you get him something for me?"

"Sure, what do you want me to get him from you?"

"He wanted this old Garth Brooks CD and I saw it at Borders," Madelyn said. "And if you can find a silly card too? If there is any money left over, can you buy him the coffee mix he likes from Starbucks?"

"Do you want anything from Starbucks?" Abbey asked.

"Just grab me whatever you are getting with extra sugar."

"Alright, I'll be back in an hour. See you later," Abbey yelled back at Madelyn as she walked out the door.

__________________________________________________



That same afternoon in Orlando, Florida

"Who’s your daddy?! Oh yeah!!!" JC shouted as he made a three-pointer. Justin had just missed a block while playing basketball against JC and JC was celebrating because Justin almost never misses a block on his "home" court.

"Hey! Leave me alone!" Justin rebutted.

"Whoa, man. I was just happy I actually got past you. What's up with you lately? You have been on the edge," JC asked.

"Brit and I are just having problems. With her being on tour and us not touring I feel like she is never around and we have been fighting a lot lately and I just am worried. That's all," Justin explained. "And I would go and visit her but we are busy with making the new album and everything. I just don't think anything has been working out with us lately." Justin walked over to the a patio set across the yard and kept talking as JC followed him and sat in a seat across from Justin at the table.

"Don't get me wrong, I love Brit to death, I just don't think that we were meant to be together forever. We both want to do things after our musical careers that lead in opposite directions. I want to live here; she wants to live there. And then there is college. It's just all a big mess and I can't handle it anymore. We are both just so stressed about everything and we can't handle this situation any longer. Any advice?"

__________________________________________________



"Madelyn, I'm home!" Abbey shouted as she took her keys out of the front door. Abbey shook her head when she realized she had sounded like Ricky from I Love Lucy. She looked up and saw that Madelyn was running ahead of schedule. It was only 3:30 p.m. and Madelyn had her bags sitting next to Abbey's on the floor. She was dressed and in the bathroom putting on her make-up when Abbey peered into the bathroom.

"Hey Abbey, I'm almost finished with my make-up. Did you find the presents?" Madelyn asked.

"Yes, I bought them all. I am gonna wrap them after I finish my cappuccino, then we can split for the airport" Abbey said. She knew that they would arrive early so she wouldn't be nervous about missing the flight.

Abbey wrapped Lance's presents from both Madelyn and Abbey in separate packages, one from each, and then she laid out the card for Madelyn to personalize. Abbey signed her card and taped it to the box set of books wrapped in Dr. Seuss paper. Abbey and Madelyn had always wrapped the guys’ presents in silly paper. One year they wrapped Chris' in 'Barbie Going to the Beach' paper and he loved it to death! He loved it so much, that he cut out a picture of each Barbie on the paper and laminated it for his room.

The girls loved it when the guys would do stupid or cute things like Chris had done with the wrapping paper. It made them feel like family. Although Abbey and Madelyn both had an attraction to some of the guys, they never told any of them. They were too afraid it would ruin their friendship, and if anything would happen between them, the girls had promised themselves that the guys would have to be the ones to make the first move.

__________________________________________________



"The girls are coming in this afternoon as a surprise for Lance," JC told Justin.

"The girls? Oh my Gosh! The girls! Yes!" Justin exclaimed.

"Early birthday present I pulled off. Abbey and I thought it up from her, Madelyn, you, Joey, Chris, and me. But you have to keep it a secret, it's a surprise, remember?" JC clarified. "Lance can not find out. I am surprised Joey or Chris haven't blurted it out yet. I just want Lance to have a good birthday this year. Last year and the year before were crazy because we were on tour and he didn't really get to do anything fun."

"Yeah, Lance usually gets screwed for his birthday. This was a good idea. I'm surprised I didn't think of it myself," Justin gloated.

"Actually you gave me the idea to fly them in. When you mentioned the other day about flying to see them since we would have time off in a couple of weeks, I figured hey why not have them down here instead. So I called Abbey about it and she had asked about what was going on for Lance's birthday and we came up with them coming here for his birthday instead of a phone call and FedEx-ing presents," JC explained.

“See! It was my idea. I’m telling you, I am a genius…”

__________________________________________________



Madelyn came strutting off the plane with her bags and walked up to JC and gave him a hug and then walked over to Justin and embraced him. JC smiled at the picture of them two. Madelyn let go and embraced the rest of the guys.

JC turned his head back to the terminal looking for Abbey as she followed behind a man in a business suit with a brief case. He finally caught eyes with Abbey. She was wearing her favorite outfit and JC absolutely adored Abbey in it. It was a spaghetti strapped dress of different shades of green and blue that swayed as she walked and she wore a white cardigan over it. A smile grew across his face and he saw her smile begin to form. She walked forward more and dropped her shoulder bag and ran up to JC as he ran to her. JC lifted her off the ground and kissed her...”I’m so happy I’m here JC! JC! JC!”


__________________________________________________



"JC! Hello?! Are you alive? Wake up! There are naked girls on the basketball court!! HELLO!!" Justin shouted trying to get JC out of his daze.

"What?! Who's running all over our property naked? What the heck is going on?"

"Oh, never mind. I thought it was some hot, naked chicks but it's just Chris streaking," Justin said as he chuckled.

"Yeah right," JC replied.

"What's up with you JC? You faded out there on me. Who were you day-dreaming about?" Justin asked JC. "Maybe someone we like to call little Miss Abigail Anne?"

"Shut up Justin! I wasn't.. uhh.. daydreaming about.. her.. I was daydreaming about.. uhh.. Chris streaking. Yeah, that's it. Wait! No! No, no, no! I was not day-dreaming about Chris streaking!"

"Ha! Man, you were daydreaming about Abbey! Why don't you just tell her you like her? You obviously have a great friendship with her so why not go further?" Justin suggested.

JC shook his head in embarrassment and blushed at the fact that Justin had talked about Abbey and JC having a relationship. JC was afraid of what would happen since the last rejection he got from his ex-girlfriend Bobbie. "I don't know if I should tell her or not Justin. I am afraid to tell her. What if she thinks it's a bad idea? What do you think I should do?”

"Well you should just ask her if she wants to take the next step too. What were you daydreaming about anyway? You looked intense for awhile. Is something juicy going on in that mind of yours?" Justin asked with a mischievous smile on his face.

__________________________________________________



This is your Captain speaking...

"I wonder if the guys are waiting for us at the gate. Do you think their bodyguards are gonna pick us up?" Madelyn wondered.

"I don't know," Abbey said as she buckled her seat belt to get ready for landing. "If the guys would pick us up their bodyguards are probably with them or the guys are waiting in the car for us and the bodyguards are gonna take us to the car."

"They are probably sitting at home eating chips on the couch watching TV. I take that back, everyone but Justin is eating chips. He's got his cookies and milk having a good 'ole time!"

"As soon as we pull up to the terminal you girls may get off first," the young stewardess said. "I have special orders to make sure you are off the plane first and that you should look for your party as soon as you get off the plane."

The girls looked at each other funny and remembered that if the guys were in public people might recognize them and they would be mobbed if people noticed them.

The plane landed and the girls took their bags from the above carrier in their first-class seats. They looked forward and saw the stewardess waiting for them to step forward from their seats.

Abbey then walked out of her seat and Madelyn followed. They walked next to each other down the long hallway leading to the airport's main building. Abbey smiled lightly and Madelyn asked, "What are you thinking about, because that smile can't be from the smelly old man who was sitting behind us."

"Can't I smile? We are in Florida. People always smile in Florida. It's sunny and warm..." Abbey hesitated with a dreamy look on her face, "...and handsome. Beautiful! I mean beautiful!"

Madelyn laughed under her breath, "Come on Abbey, you and I both know whom or shall I say what you are thinking about so stop denying it. I've figured it out. Stop trying to hide it from me. I'm your best friend, I can see through that little act of yours. You like him," Madelyn said.

"I don't know what you are talking about," Abbey answered as Madelyn rolled her eyes.

"Abbey, I don't know what I am going to do with you. We will talk about this later. You can count on it! If it takes me all night I will get every little detail out of you about this special someone you have been crushing on," Madelyn told Abbey with confidence in her voice.

The girls got to the end of the hallway and looked around for JC and Justin or their bodyguards, but they saw no one familiar. Madelyn then noticed two guys in hats with baggy clothes that made them look chubby. Madelyn giggled and nudged Abbey pointing in the direction of the two strange men. She busted out with laughter as they both walked toward the two men.

Between laughs Abbey spoke, "You guys look like idiots!"

"Thanks," they both answered at the same time. "Can we jet? There is a suburban waiting out side for us. We will go to the car and drive over to baggage claim and wait for you outside there."

"Ok, we will meet you over there," Madelyn answered.

The girls got their bags and just as Justin and JC said, they were waiting for them in their disguises outside next to a dark blue suburban. "Are you girls ready?" JC asked. "I'm driving."

"Shot gun!" Abbey called first.

"That's fine with me. If we get in an accident you two will be the first to get hit and Maddie and I will have time to cover," Justin joked as JC gave him a look. "Yeah I know you are a good driver man, so don't give me that look. I'm just joking around with you."

The four best friends jumped into the car and drove off towards the freeway.

__________________________________________________



"How have you guys been doing? We haven't been able to talk in a long time because we were wrapping up the tour," JC asked as he turned into a private driveway that led back to they boys' house.

"Nothing really. I have been working at my aunt's office downtown and Maddie has been working on and off. She's basically been taking time off from everything. I'm the work-a-holic as usual and she just relaxes, but I don't mind. I'd rather she'd get better from her stress problems and relax than wear herself out more."

"Yeah, I remember when she stopped going to school. She lost her credits but it was worth it. She needs to get better like you said. And that's sweet of you to keep her relaxed," JC looked at her and then in the rear view mirror and saw Madelyn and Justin climbing over the seats looking for something inside Madelyn’s bag.

They both were sprawled over the back seat with their legs flying in the air. Justin then came up and looked at Madelyn mischievously and saw the perfect chance to flip her all the way over the seat. She was still searching for something she wanted Justin to see just as she felt someone grab her legs. She lightly screamed and knew Justin was going to flip her over.

Justin then said, "Should I or shouldn't I? That is the question. Well what do you know, I should!" He then lifted her legs over the chair and watched as Madelyn flipped over on top of the bags landing face up on top of them.

"I could kill you Justin. Just wait, I always get my revenge!" Madelyn confidently answered.

"Oh yeah. No one can ever get me!" Justin rebutted.

Madelyn said, "Oh really?" Just then Madelyn reached for Justin's arm and grabbed it. She pulled him over the seat next to her. She straddled him and said, "Now who is queen of the tricks?"

They both laughed at Madelyn’s childish remark. They then realized the awkward position they were in and quickly moved off of each other and jumped back in the seats in front of them. Abbey and Madelyn had been to other houses that all five guys lived in, but recently Justin and JC bought a house for themselves and this was their first visit to it.

Both girls looked out the windows as they pulled up the circle drive. They both got out as JC stopped the car and turned it off.

"Wow," Abbey said in amazement.

"Ditto," Madelyn repeated.

The guys were still in the car watching the girls' reactions to the new house. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Justin said.

"They look really happy," JC answered with a small smile on his face as he looked at the two outside gawking at the new house.

Justin nodded and got out of the car. JC followed and they both opened up the back and got out the girls' bags and walked up to them. "Wanna take a crack at the inside?" Justin asked.

__________________________________________________

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=6566