Karma by Bri



Summary: While being away from his wife while on tour, Justin cheats & has to find a way to explain it. But little does he know whats in store for him once he is back home.
Rating: PG starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Justin Timberlake
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 03/21/05
Updated: 06/22/05


Karma by Bri
Chapter 1: Prologue
Author's Notes:

I am laying next to the most gorgeous girl in the world. She doesn't care that I'm a popstar, that I have millions upon millions of dollars. Nope, she thinks I'm a regular guy. I feel that I have a good connection with her too...after all she is my wife of nearly 2 years...Hailey Burrows. Gosh, I love her so much. Everything, from her reddish brown hair to her green eyes, to her little toes. Everything.

I feel a shift in the bed....someone's up early. But I continue to shut my eyes...why does it have to be morning?! She taps my shoulder.

"Time to get up, morning again," she says. I groan before reaching for the pillow next to me to put on top of my head. She takes the pillow off of me.

"Justin, time to get up. Remember you have a flight in less than 2 hours," she says.

Flight, shmight. I hate airplanes. No wait, more like the airports. I always have people following me. I always have to walk with an entourage that's supposed to protect me. More like, they draw even more attention to me because of the big bodyguards, fancy limos, & staffers constantly walking up to me saying "Do you want anything Mr. Timberlake?". Gosh, if I wanted something, I would ask. And there are always screaming fans following me around. Now don;t get me wrong, I love my fans, they helped me get this oppurtunity to live out my dream...but you get a headache from all those high screams or should I say, shrieks. I thought the Nsync fans were bad back in 2000, but now that I don't have 4 other guys to distract the fans, it all gets worse.

Its been 9 years since then, and my career has gone from boy-bander-slash-Mr. Britney Spears, to former boy-bander & ex-Mr. Britney Spears, to ripping off Janet Jackson's clothing..which coined the term "Wardrobe Malfunction", to Oscar-nominated actor, to controversial sophmore albuim maker, to married man, to being on top of the world & touring it all at the same time.

I am now in London, about to take my first trip in 3 months back home in Tenn. I can't wait to get back to my regular-guy life. Maybe i'll catch a movie at the movie theater or just watch the star on my back porch at night. Its amazing the little things are the things that you miss the most when you're away. Who knows? Maybe I'll start a family with my wife when I get back.

Speaking of my wife, she shakes me again.

"Get up! You have an hour until your flight back home. So you can get back to Hailey again,"she says.

What?! Hailey?! Wait, is she talking third-person here?

"Hailey?" I ask, still with my eyes shut.

"Yeah, your wife back in Tennessee...by the way I had a great time last night. Oh well, I got to get back to my life too, I have to practice opening up for some German band down at some soundstage. Maybe we can get do what we did last night some other time."She says,"If you need me, you have my number."

The door shuts, as I open my eyes wide. The girl I was with wasn't Hailey at all. It was my opening act, Mamie Lexum.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=6679