This Way (Our Love Story Series part 3) by Coffee



Summary: Emerald and Justin have been enjoying their lives together, finally putting all the drama and madness behind them. She's even due to have a baby, a second child for the Timberlake clan. But once the baby arrives, emotions stir, tempers flare and the happiness they've known for so long quickly disappears. Their family is split in two and the pressure begins to break Emerald. So what happens when a Mother doesn't want her daughter? What happens when a Father forgets his son? What happens when a man just doesn't love a woman enough?
Rating: PG starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Justin Timberlake
Genres: Romance
Warnings: adult language, sexual situations
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 04/13/04
Updated: 04/13/05


This Way (Our Love Story Series part 3) by Coffee
Chapter 1: Chapter One
Author's Notes:

Prologue

"Fa la la... da da da..."

Justin rolled over and stretched his limbs, letting out a monstrous groan.

"Dooby dooby do... shooby ba bop ba..."

"Emerald shut up!" he pulled a pillow over his head.

"Oh go... eat something," she shouted from the shower.

Justin chuckled while sitting up. Damn what ever reporter had asked him about cereal. He'd never escape it.

"Is it worth it? Let me work it. I put my thang down flip it and reverse it."

Justin tuned out Emerald's singing and headed down the stairs. He had just removed a carton of eggs from the fridge and set them on the counter when he heard the heavy poounding of two little feet come down the stairs and around the corner.

"Dad!" Isaiah launched himself at his father.

Luckily Justin knew his son well enough to know his plan and turned around in time to catch the boy in midair. He adjusted the 7 year old in his arms and kissed his cheek.

"Morning I."

"Dad!" he sounded again, "I'm going with Uncle Chris to the movies."

"Really now?"

"Yeah! Mom said I could! He'll be here any minute-,"

The doorbell rang, followed by the door opening and a voice filterinf in from the foyer.

"Chris!" Isaiah wiggled from his father's arms and ran down the hall, out of sight.

"Chris! Chris! Chris!"

"Isaiah! My main man! Gimme five... up high... down low... ohhh to slow!"

"No fair!"

Justin snickered at the voices in the hall and once again heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Judging by the click-cloc of the heels meeting hard wood, it could only be one person. One woman in particular.

"Baby?"

He turned with a smile at the sound.

"Chris called this morning. He offered to take Isaiah out, I told him he could--What? Why're you smiling like that?"

"Nuttin," he gave her a hug and a soft kiss, "I was just gonna tell you Happy Day After Anniversary."

She let out a sappy noise and gently scratched the back of his neck.

"Happy Day After Anniversary."

His arms tightened around her and they shared a few more kisses.

"A friggin year and they're still at it huh kid?"

"Yeah," Isaiah sighed and Chris ruffled his hair.

"What are you still doing in your pajamas? Go get changed so you guys can go. Go on," Emerald shooed her son up the stairs before returning to the kitchen.

"Christopher," she said his name in that way, that motherly way.

"Hey Em," he gave her a one armed hug.

"Be careful with my baby, you hear me?"

"Are you kidding me? As if I, Christopher Alan Kirkpatrick the only, would ever do something to endanger the life of our innocent Isaiah."

The couple simply gave him a look.

"Justin, make sure Isaiah's shoes match before you let him leave," she pulled her keys off the hook by the back door.

"I'll see you when I get home," she kissed his cheek.

"When will that be?"

"Baby, your food is burning," she said on her way down the hall.

"Shit!"

Chris's snicker echoed through the room.

Emerald was in her office trying to find some papers in the mess that was her desktop when her phone rang. She looked back and forth between the reciever and the papers in her hands a few times before dropping them.

"Emerald Timberlake," she answered.

"Hey baby."

"Hey yourself. What's going on?"

"You remember Lance's Bar-Be-Que a few weeks ago?"

"Yeah."

"Do you remember what we did after?"

She thought back, a slow grin easing onto her face.

"Yeah. Why?"

"I was thinking you could take the rest of the day off and we could reenact it."

"That's tempting, but Just, I can't."

"Why?"

"I've got work. Besides, we reenacted that the other night."

"We skipped a part."

She giggled.

"I'm sorry hunny but I can't."

His huff could be heard over the phone, "Fine."

"I'll see you at home."

"Alright."

"Bye."

She hung up the phone and smirked at it before returning to the task at hand. She hadn't even picked up another page when it rang again.

"Emerald Timberlake."

"How about taking your lunch now?"

"I have a lunch meeting."

"Dammit."

"Goodbye Justin."

She hung up the phone and waited to see if it was going to ring again. It didn't.

Emerald left her office soon after her calls from Justin. She had lied to him, sorta. She did have a lunch meeting, but it didn't have anything to do with her job. She had a doctor's appointment, and she felt alittle bad that she'd lied to her husband. She felt alittle bit bad that he wasn't going to be there. But it was all for the better. They'd been trying to get pregnant again since they'd gotten married and if it turned out her intuitions were wrong it would break Justin's heart. Keeping it a secret until she knew for sure was the best idea.

The office was only a few blocks from her work and she was immediately taken to a room because of her last name. She was saw by a man named Dr. Masters who drew alittle blood and left, saying he was takin it to the lab and would return in a few minutes. Emerald sat on the examining table, butterflies floating in her stomach. She didn't want to admit it to herself because she didn't want to have to deal with the disappointment if she was wrong, but she was extremely excited about having another baby. She loved Justin, she loved Isaiah, she wanted to give her husband another child and her son a sibling, she wanted another little person to call her Mommy.

"Well Mrs. Timberlake," Dr. Masters stepped into the room and closed the door to ensure her privacy, "Your assumptions were right. You're nearly two months pregnant."


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=682