Moving On by tikki



Summary: When JC finds out that his 'little sister' is being beat by her boyfriend, he tries to help her in anyway he can. He can protect from the physical pain, but can he help her overcome the one in her heart as well?
Rating: PG-13 starstarstar
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: JC Chasez
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: violence/death, adult language, sexual situations
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 04/13/04
Updated: 04/17/04


Moving On by tikki
Chapter 1: prologue. it's not a big deal
Author's Notes:

“He hits you, doesn't he?” JC stared at me, anger biting at his voice, but shock and sadness shining bright in his eyes.

My finger lightly traced the forming bruise under my eye. “It's not a big deal,” I lied, knowing if he got involved, it'd be so much worse.

“Raquel,” he sighed, trying to calm himself down. He grabbed me by the shoulders and made me stare at myself in the hallway mirror. “Look! That is a big deal! No man should ever hit a woman!”

I put back on the sunglasses that he had snatched off my face earlier. “Jace, let it go. I can handle myself. I only came by to invite you to 'lil Jerimiah's birthday party, not to hear a lecture. For future references, I am G-R-O-W-N! Call me later.”

And with that, I stormed out of his house, slamming the door. I know he's only looking out for my best interest. I know. But he didn't have to get all into my business. He should know that by now.

I drove away from the gated community, riding with so much on my mind. It really wasn't a big deal..... right? Corey really is a great guy. I just make him mad a lot. That's why he hits me. It's my fault.

But I don't blame JC for being concerned. He's like my only family now. JC was friends with my brother before he died. And JC has always been looking after me since. That was 12 years ago and I'm now 24. And he just doesn't seem to understand that I'm no longer the little girl that bothered him when he was little. And the rest of my family, well, gone too.

I brushed the tears out of my eyes as I thought of them. I sigh and turned up the radio.

Jeremiah's my little boy. Me and Corey's. I love him to death, but I wish I could give him a better life. He doesn't need to see his daddy beating on me everyday.....but that's all I can give him right now.

“It's not a big deal,” I whispered to myself as climbed out of the car and walked into my house.

It was dark inside. I flipped on the lights and gasped. Corey stood in front of the fireplace.

“Didn't I tell you to stay home today? Huh, bitch?”

“Corey, I'm sorry,” I whimpered as he got closer to me.

“You were with that faggot JC, weren't you?” He spat, pulling on my hair.

“Corey, please,” I whispered, desperately wanting to scream.

A sharp pain surged through my body before I slipped into darkness.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=691