Run To You by ladylion5



Summary: Kyra Jordan is a failing actress. JC Chasez is on top of the world. What happens when they literally collide?
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstar
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: JC Chasez
Genres: Drama, Romance, Comedy
Warnings: adult language, sexual situations
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 04/30/05
Updated: 06/04/05


Run To You by ladylion5
Chapter 1: Chapter One
Author's Notes:

Cancelled. Cancelled. The nasty word ran through Kyra Jordan's head over and over.

And over.

She threw her Comcast remote across her living room and rubbed her face with her hands. "Swan's Crossing" was her second television show to be cancelled within it's first ten episodes in the last fourteen months. She pursed her lips as she leaned back on her black leather couch. Looking around the room from her state-of-the-art plasma flat screen television, her DVD player, monstrous stereo that had speakers hooked up in all twenty-one rooms of the house, and photographs that adorned her end and accent tables and walls of herself and A-list celebrities, Kyra wondered how she had gotten there.

Her acting career started at the age of five. In 1983, "Raising Dad" had been the number one sit-com on television. Airing Tuesday nights at eight o'clock on ABC, the family show was Bruce Willis's return to the small screen. Bruce was a single dad raising his young toddler, played by Kyra. The show lasted for nine seasons and made Kyra a household name.

Throughout the shows run, she had starred in two Disney films, one made for television movie, three after school specials, two major blockbusters, and earned four Golden Globes, three Emmy's, and seven Kids Choice Awards.
A year after the show ended, at age fifteen Kyra signed on to ABC's response to "Beverly Hills 90210", "Haddon Heights", a teen drama about a northeastern boarding school. Five years later the show ended, and so did Kyra's career.

Seven years, three blockbusters, five Emmy's, fourteen Kids Choice Awards, one People's Choice Award, three MTV Movie Awards later, Kyra sat alone in her Los Angeles mansion wondering what the hell had happened.
Following the end of "Haddon Heights", Kyra did one Lifetime movie and struggled to find more work. Her public image also worsened. As a child, she had always been the loveable and cute America's sweetheart, by the time "Haddon Heights" was in its second season, she had earned the reputation of a world class Hollywood Diva bitch.

So, what if when she was sixteen she had fired her mother as her manager? She thought stubbornly.
What's the big deal if she threw a temper tantrum because her boyfriend had gazed just a little too long at one of her costars? Girls overreacted jealously all the time, she told herself.

And who really gives a damn if she wasn't Little Miss Mary Sunshine twenty-four/seven? Is that possible for anyone?
They just don't know, Kyra told herself. They don't anything at all.




JC Chasez had become a playboy. Yes, it was official, after being labeled the "daddy of *NSYNC", the shy, responsible one, he had evolved into a playboy.
And he was enjoying every minute of it.
Jive Records had not supported "Schizophrenic" as it should have, but despite their lackluster effort, and the injustice of MTV's video rotation, the album did well. Very well, in fact, JC thought happily as he relaxed in the California sun. Yep, life had been going so well for him lately, almost perfect in fact.

Two weeks he had a little fun with Paris Hilton, followed by two very attractive Laker girls, and now he was on the beach with Eva Longoria.

Eva was very special. She completely understood what JC needed. Freedom. Freedom to come and go as he pleased no ties, no obligations, just fun. And after ten years of hard work, four unsuccessful monogamous relationships, JC felt as though he deserved a little break. Especially at this point in his life where his songs were being played in almost every nightclub, and he was performing in smaller venues with more fan interaction, the way he always loved to perform.

Yep, JC thought as he lowered his Ray-Bans and glanced at Eva in her bikini from the corner of his eye, life couldn't get any better.



"Goddamit, Kyra!" Ray Stevenson had been Kyra's acting coach for the last two years. He was a tough, smart-assed, balding, middle-aged man who liked to wear all black and thick-rimmed glasses. He worked with many television actresses, including the entire cast of "Desperate Housewives", a show that Kyra had managed to land a small guest spot. While Kyra normally tolerated Ray (she never truly liked many people), at that moment all she could think about doing was punching his lights out.

"What now?" she asked in her usual bored tone.

"What now? What now she asks! Are you alive in there! Are you capable of showing any emotion at all?" He leaned over and pressed his ear against her chest. Kyra pushed him away.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I was trying to see if you still had a heart in there!"

Kyra sighed loudly causing her blond bangs to blow up.

"You know what, we're done for the day," he said with a flick of his hand.

"Whatever," she muttered. Kyra stormed out of the playhouse where her acting classes took place, blowing straight by one of the stars of "Desperate Housewives", muttering curse words under her breath. "How dare he!"

She stomped her feet hard on the pavement of the parking lot, pressed hard on her keyless entry, slammed the door to her Lamborghini, and jammed the key in the ignition. "That bastard!" No one ever spoke to Kyra Jordan like that, ever.

Period.

She glanced briefly in her review mirror before stepping hard on the gas. Then she heard the crash.



"Shit!" JC exclaimed. "Aw, man, my Jeep!" He jumped out of his Wrangler to inspect the damage and was accosted by a blond woman getting out of the car that backed into him.

"You asshole!" she screamed tearing off her sunglasses and glaring at him with hard brown eyes.

"Excuse me?"

"You just maimed my car! My fucking Lamborghini! You destroyed it!"

"Honey, I didn't destroy it. Maybe if you had been paying more attention it wouldn't have happened in the first place."

"You're saying this is my fault?"

"It would appear so."

"You arrogant son of a bitch!"

JC rolled his eyes. "Name calling? What are we five?"

"This is definitely not my fault," she responded stubbornly.

"You backed into me!"

"You came speeding by out of nowhere!"

"I was going twenty-five!"

The woman placed a hand on her hip, and JC felt the urge to laugh at how red her face had gotten. "See, you were over the speed limit."

"Oh my God you are not serious."

"The speed limit in a parking lot is fifteen-"

"I know what the speed limit is-"

"Obviously not."

JC locked his jaw. "Let's just exchange insurance information and deal with this at a later date."

The blond haughtily turned on her high heel back to her car and JC shook his head.

This day was going to suck.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=7366