Let Me Love You by chelsia



Summary: They say true love conquers all. But what happens when true love is shaken? ~Sequal to If This Is Real~
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Justin Timberlake
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 05/21/05
Updated: 06/01/06


Let Me Love You by chelsia
Chapter 1: Love, True Love...
Author's Notes:

Balancing the two bags of groceries in one hand, Brenna opened the door leading in from the garage and let herself into her house. She took off her shoes and pushed them into the closet.

“I’m home!”

“Hey,” Justin’s voice called from the entertainment room. She set the bags down and went to the room. She found him sitting in a recliner chair in front of the television. Going up behind him, she leaned over the back of the chair, wrapping her arms around his chest. He turned his head and kissed her.

“Where did you go?” he asked.

“Just to get a few things we needed.” She leaned her head down to rest her chin on his shoulder, keeping her arms around him. She stared at the television for a minute. “Watching our wedding video again?” she teased.

He smiled. “Lots of good memories on this tape.”

She turned her head to kiss his temple and then straightened. “Do you want some ice cream? I just bought a carton.”

“Love some.”

She left the room and after retrieving the grocery bags, she went into the kitchen and quickly put everything away. Once she had scooped ice cream into two bowls and grabbed spoons, she went back to the entertainment room.

“Here you go,” she said, handing Justin a bowl.

“Thanks.” He took it from her and then pulled her down to sit on his lap. She settled herself and then leaned back against him.

“Your mom called while you were out.”

“Oh yeah?” She took a bite of ice cream. “What did she say?”

“Just calling to see how things were. She got that promotion.”

“Really? That’s cool. It’s probably too late to call back now. I’ll have to call her tomorrow.”

“Yeah.”

Brenna turned her attention to the television where Kate Willows was giving a speech at the wedding reception. “That was such a mean speech that she did. She embarrassed me so bad with all those stories she told.”

“I know. Me too. I was expecting it though.”

“Yeah, I guess I was too.”

“Did you remember that the construction guys were coming over tomorrow morning?”

“Yeah. What time?”

“Nine. I talked to Bill yesterday and he said it would only take two weeks tops.”

“Good. I hate having strange people in the house.”

“Yeah, I know.” Justin finished his ice cream and set his empty bowl on the table beside the chair. Brenna smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her a little further onto his lap. “We’re not even going to be here for a lot of the construction anyways. We leave for Hawaii in six days.”

“Mm hmm. How long did they tell you the shooting would take?”

“Three weeks. It’s a smaller role and I can just do it all at once. You should stay the whole time.”

“I can’t. I have to work.”

He sighed. “Yeah, I guess. But you can stay for a week?”

“Yeah. I hope it’s nice out while we’re there.”

“It’s Hawaii. It’s almost always nice out.”

“Yeah.” Brenna watched as the video ended and the screen turned blue. She put her dish by Justin’s and leaned her head back onto his shoulder. He moved his hands from around her stomach down to her thighs. They sat there in silence for a few minutes and she closed her eyes. She opened them again when she felt Justin start to kiss her neck.

“You know, we’ve never christened this chair,” he mumbled against her skin and she began to laugh. She felt him smile against her skin. “Don’t laugh. I’m trying to seduce you.”

She could only laugh harder and he pulled his head back, his mouth forming in a pout.

“You’re making me feel ridiculous.”

She giggled and moved to sit sideways on his lap. “You are ridiculous, Justin.”

He grinned and moved his hands back around her. “Well so are you.”

She smiled and brought up her hand to brush her fingers over his cheek. “I love you too, Justin.”

The corners of his eyes crinkled up as his smile grew. He pulled her closer and rested his chin on her shoulder. It was silent for a couple minutes before she heard him whisper, “The chair isn’t going to christen itself, you know,” sending her into another bout of laughter.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=7729