Adam & Eve...and the Pop Star by Jessica



Summary: Lance's girlfriend, Jada has started a new job with a WWE wrestler. How is the time apart going to affect their relationship?
Rating: PG starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Lance Bass
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 05/22/05
Updated: 05/22/05


Adam & Eve...and the Pop Star by Jessica
Chapter 1: Chapter 1
Author's Notes:

Lance looked out the back door of his house for the third time since Jada’s cell had rung and she stepped out with the dogs to get some privacy. It was a beautiful October day in Los Angeles and Lance just wanted to go to the park with his girl and his dogs to enjoy Jada’s day off. It had seemed like since his career was on hiatus, hers had increased tenfold and she would be gone for weeks at a time or if nothing else in town but busy five days a week. She had just finished training Rosario Dawson for Alexander and for once didn’t have any jobs lined up.

Lance and Jada had been together for ten months. They had met at Justin’s New Years Eve party, the first time Lance had been out in public since Russia had told him no to going into space. Justin had hired Jada to get him in shape for his solo CD release and upcoming European tour. When he met Jada, Justin knew she and Lance would be perfect for each other, so he decided to set them up at his party. Jada and Lance instantly hit it off. Once Lance had bought his house in Los Angles, he moved Jada in with him and now they were closing in on their one year anniversary.

Lance heard the back door open, so he plopped down on the couch and grabbed a magazine so it wouldn’t look like he was waiting on Jada to get off the phone. Jada walked into the living room and sat on the coffee table in front of Lance with a huge smile on her face. “You will not believe who I just got off the phone with.”

Lance looked up at Jada as he threw the magazine beside her. “Who?”

“Vince McMahan!”

Lance scrunched his eyebrows and turned his head to one side. “Who?”

Jada laughed as she ran her hand through her long brown hair. “Vince McMahan. Owner of the WWE…World Wrestling Entertainment.” Lance shook his head, still not knowing who she was talking about. “You know. The show I watch every Monday night. Big guys in tights beating the shit out of each other.”

“Oh.” Lance rolled his eyes, crossed his arms over his chest and sat back on the couch. “What did he want?”

Jada bounced her feet in excitement as her blue eyes sparkled. “He wants me to come to New York. He has a big job for me with one of the guys. I finally get to work with an athlete! The whole reason I got into this line of work. I can’t believe this. I’m so excited!”

Lance stood up and walked past Jada. “You know, they’re not real athletes. It’s called sports entertainment for a reason.”

Jada followed him into the kitchen as he put leashes on the dogs. “Those guys are more athletes than you think. Their bodies have to be at peak physical conditions to handle the bumps they take.”

“Whatever.” Lance tossed two bottles of water at Jada from the fridge. “How’d he hear about you anyway?”

Jada took the dog leashes Lance was holding out towards her as he grabbed the Range Rover’s keys. “When I was training Seann William Scott for The Rundown he introduced me to The Rock who had mentioned my name to Vince. You know I get all my clients by word of mouth.” Jada opened the back passenger’s door to let the dogs in the car then got in the front passenger’s seat as Lance got in and cranked the car.

Lance looked over his shoulder as he backed out of the garage. “So why aren’t they using their own people. I would think they have their own people.”

“The guy I’ll be working with wants someone new and who can focus totally on him. Apparently The Rock had mentioned me to him too.”

Lance sighed as he put the car in drive and started driving towards the park. “So, how long will you be in New York?”

Jada started to twirl a piece of hair. “Well, only for a day to meet with Mr. McMahan and sign contracts. I’ll actually be in Tampa, Florida for the job…for about six months.”

Lance hit the brakes of the Range Rover so hard the dogs fell off the back seat into the floorboard. “Six months? Six months! How in the hell are we supposed to keep this relationship going if you’re going to be gone for six months?” Lance stared at Jada until a car behind them began to blare its horn.

“Well, I can fly back on the weekends. And we’ll still be together during Thanksgiving and Christmas. Or you could move back into your house in Orlando and I could commute. We can work it out…it’s just going to take some work.”

Lance shook his head as he turned the radio up mumbling, “Six months.”

They didn’t speak again until they reached the park. Lance took one dog and handed Jada the second leash. They started to walk the dog trail with Lance’s two huskies pulling them down the path until Lance stopped and put a hand on Jada’s arm. “So, you’re really going to up and leave me for six months?”

Jada nodded as she looked at the ground. “I really want this job. I’ve wanted to work with an athlete since I graduated. Five years of actors and musicians…that’s not what I got into sports medicine for. And I’m not just going to disappear for six months. I just won’t be living here in LA with you. We’ll have to work something out. It’s not like you’ve never left a girlfriend back home while you tour for six months.” Jada started walking again.

“Yeah, but I could bring her along if I wanted.” Lance called towards Jada then jogged to catch up with her.

Jada nodded as Lance caught up with her. “And I can bring you along with me. You just have to be willing to come.”

Lance let out a sigh as he laced his free hand with Jada’s. “I know. I’m just not used to being the one having to follow. It’s something I have to adjust to.”

Jada squeezed Lance’s hand. “We’ll get through it together, okay?” Lance nodded then leaned in to kiss Jada. “I love you.”

Lance smiled. “I love you too, baby.”

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=7748