Almost Lost by Taccora



Summary: Ebony and Justin have been best friends forever and never wanted more than that from each other but will a little bet destroy their relationship or make it that much stronger?
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Justin Timberlake
Genres: Romance
Warnings: adult language
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 06/02/05
Updated: 06/02/05


Almost Lost by Taccora
Chapter 1: 01
Author's Notes:

ALMOST LOST
Chapter 1


Justin Timberlake was a normal 17-year-old boy at James River High school. He was the captain of the Varsity basketball team and one of the cutest guys in the school. It was no surprise to anyone that he was very popular but unlike the majority of the popular crowd he was one of the sweetest guys you could ever meet. There were always girls flirting with him trying very hard to get him to ask them out but they failed miserably.



He wasn’t into the whole popular guy dating a popular girl. That was why he was one of the most appealing guys to the female population of the school. He was cute, smart and single. Even though he didn’t have a serious relationship with anyone that didn’t mean he didn’t date. He dated a lot of girls and most of them weren’t in the popular crowd. He knew that most of the girl’s that people assumed were ‘popular’ only wanted him because all the other girl’s wanted him and that having him, relationship wise, would up their popularity status and so he stayed as far away from those girls as possible.



It may seem as if he didn’t like girls that everyone looked up to but in reality he just didn’t want to be used. A lot of people didn’t know this because his best friend was a girl named Ebony Williams. She was captain of the girl’s Varsity basketball team and THE most popular girl in school. She gained this status because she was smart, athletic, beautiful, and most of all the nicest person you could ever meet. Most people liked her but there were always a few girls that didn’t even want to acknowledge her presence because she was Justin’s best friend and everyone in the school thought that they were secretly dating.



They grew up together because Justin’s mother was like a sister to Ebony’s mother. They were born 3 hours apart, Justin being the oldest and Ebony being the younger of the two. They lived across the street from each other in Clinton Hills. Even though they lived in a very preppy side of town they didn’t really dress preppy. They both loved clubs, hip-hop, basketball, singing (which no one really knew about), and dancing. Their parents loved them very much but were seldom home because of their work.



Justin’s father, Randall, was a very well known basketball coach. His team rarely lost a game. He had all the best players in the NBA because he was the best coach out there. His team was like an unbeatable army force. His mother, Lynn, owned a label called Just In Time Records. She managed the groups Dream and Innocence. She also had solo acts by the names of Britney Spears (who was personal friends with Justin and Ebony), Mandy Moore and Christina Aguleria. Ebony’s mother, Darlene, was a physical therapist for famous athletes and actors. Her father, Mark, was a well-known actor and he was always on call to do a new film.



Ebony was 5’5, she had beautiful black hair with brown streaks, smooth tan skin that was more brown than yellow, size 6 feet, and about 115 to 120 lbs. She was a very petite girl, which made everyone wonder how she became interested in basketball because most of the girls on the team were 5’7 and up and they weighed 130lbs at the least. Despite the height and weight difference, she was the best player on the team and that’s what made her get awarded the MVP medal every year since she started playing on the Varsity team.



Justin was 6’2, curly dirty blonde hair, creamy white skin that made you just want you to touch its baby soft texture, size 12 feet, and about 165 to 170 lbs. He was the model of the perfect man. He wasn’t too tall or too big. He was just right and the most romantic person you could ever meet if you were lucky enough. Like Ebony he has won many MVP awards from being the best player on the basketball team. Even though he didn’t have a girlfriend he was very content with his life. He had Ebony and that’s all he needed. She was there for him when he needed to vent, when he was happy, sad, and she was the only other person beside his family and hers that he knew loved him for Justin not Justin Timberlake, the captain of the state’s winning basketball team.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=7926