How To Plan Your Ex's Wedding by dancewithurheart08



Summary: Here comes the bride..and there goes the one you love. Nominated at Vanilla Rush Awards for Best Title
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Justin Timberlake
Genres: Drama, Romance, Comedy
Warnings: adult language
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 06/09/05
Updated: 12/27/05


How To Plan Your Ex's Wedding by dancewithurheart08
Chapter 1: Prologue: Let's Plan A Wedding
Author's Notes:

Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz: Officially Engaged.

And that’s how my morning turned from normal to hell. It’s funny how a news article can change your mood.

I’m Danielle Morton, one of California’s top wedding planners. I’m close to becoming a partner with my boss, but not exactly there yet. I have everything I could ever want, except the person I want.

Justin.

Seems like just yesterday you were a part of me
I used to stand so tall, I used to be so strong
Your arms around me tight, everything it felt so right
Unbreakable like nothing could go wrong


We were childhood friends and after both our careers launched, we became a couple. It was the perfect thing ever until two years ago; he broke to me the news that he couldn’t see me anymore.

Now I can't breathe, no I can't sleep
I'm barely hanging on


And Cameron’s the reason why.

Justin told me how Cameron and he met at the Kid’s Choice Awards and how Cameron instantly wanted to be with him. He didn’t want it at all, but the Diaz’s insisted that he better date her. Justin didn’t want any trouble so he agreed.

The last time I ever saw him was that night that he told me. He had tears in his blue eyes and tried to kiss me one last time, but I ran away and left him there alone.

Here I am once again, I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it, can't pretend, just thought you were the one
Broken up deep inside, but you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes


Isn’t it funny how love can kick you in the ass?

His mom and I still keep in touch, but not that often. It’s just too hard.

And now that I’ve read this, its official that I’ll never be with him again.

I told you everything opened up and let you in
You made me feel alright for once in my life
Now all that's left of me is what I pretend to be
So together, but so broken up inside


But I keep my head up. I don’t let this get to me as bad as I used to. I’m moving on with my life and enjoying most of it. I haven’t found someone else yet, but that day will come.

For now I’ll just have fun.




“Danielle, the Millers marriage lasted for a year and a half, you win..” Mark said.

“Thank you!” I reach for the twenty-dollar bill across the table in triumph as I won another bet.

“Damn it, how do you do it!?” Melanie asked.

“I’m a natural, Mel. Plus, their wedding song was ‘Can You Feel The Love Tonight’”so that puts them in the category of divorce, insanity, and childish.”

Melanie and Mark are one of my co-workers and my best friends. We always end up disagreeing on a few things like this, but that’s what makes the fun our friendship.

Right now, we’re in my office eating lunch and just talking about crazy stuff. But most importantly, I have my Starbuck’s”if you don’t give me my Starbuck’s, I can not properly function for the rest of the day.

“So…Danielle…did you see the paper this morning?” Mel asks.

“On Jackass and Dumbass? Yeah, I saw it.” I say as I throw the paper on my desk with Justin and Cameron’s picture on the front.

“Well that shit just hit the fan,” Mark replied looking at the picture.

“Yeah, tell me about it...” Melanie replied.

“No, I meant her face!” Mark teased as he pointed at Cameron’s face.

All of us start laughing hard that we don’t notice Mary, our boss, enter the room.

“What’s so funny you three?” She raises an eyebrow.

Mark immediately gets the newspaper off the top of the desk and slides it under.

“Oh, nothing! Mark just told us something funny!” I replied.

“Well, alright then. Do you two mind stepping out for a minute?” Mary asks as Mark and Melanie leave the room, but sneakily stand close to the door to hear the conversation.

“Is something wrong?” I asked.

“Oh, nothing’s wrong! Actually, this will make your day better! You’ll never believe who I just got off the phone with!”

“Brad Pitt?” I teased.

“No, silly! Lynn Harless, the mother of Justin Timberlake! And she has requested that YOU be the wedding planner of her son’s wedding!”

“You’re kidding me...” I groan.

“Nope! She told me she’s met you before and that she absolutely loves your work! So what do you say?”

“I’m sorry, Mary, but I don’t think I can do this...”

“Why not?! It’s a perfect opportunity for you to be known not just the country, but around the world!”

“It’s just…I have other weddings to plan too. I’m not sure if I can take another one right now.”

“Nonsense! You’ll be fine! And if you need more help, I will get someone else to help out! So do we have a deal?”

I sigh. Mary doesn’t know that ‘Justin and I’ ever existed. Plus, I still love Lynn as my own Mom and it touches me that I was the first person she called.

“Alright, I’ll do it.”

“Very good! I’m telling you Danielle, you’re getting closer to becoming a partner!” Mary says as she leaves my office.

“Ugh.” I bang my head off my desk as Mark and Melanie come in.

“Well look at it this way,” Mark begins, “you could always prank them on planning this by making stuff more expensive, have the girl look worse than she already is, try to get Justin back..”

“No, that won’t be happening,” I interrupt, “Justin and I are in the past and there is no way we’re going to be together in the future!”

“Yeah, you’re probably right. I heard he didn’t do well in bed anyways,” Mel teases.

“Thanks for the uplifting comment,” I say sarcastically.

“Aw, Dani! You need to start dating again! Don’t let this ‘I’m too sexy for everyone’ bonehead keep you from something that could be great! There are plenty of guys out there who would love to go out with a girl like you!” Mel says.

“Yeah, like that guy, Ben, when you were 12 during the summer in Maui!” Mark teases.

“Oh God, please don’t remind me of him. He ate the frickin’ sand and threw a crab at me!” I exclaim.

“Maybe that’s why you’re so ‘crabby’ these days,” Melanie teases.

“Wow thanks guys…” I reply sarcastically. “But seriously, am I crazy for having this wedding under my control?”

“Well not really, but since it’s your ex’s wedding, it makes it more interesting...” Mark replies. “Hey wait a sec..THIS IS PERFECT!”

“Yeah, watching the one I love marry someone else! Nothing could get better than that!”

“True, but what if he saw you love someone else? You never know, you could find Prince Charming any day!” Mark teases.

“Oh my God, Justin would be so jealous! You would put him through the pain he’s caused you!” Melanie adds.

“Okay first off, that’s kinda rude to use someone to make him jealous!” I exclaim.

“Yeah, but it’d be pretty funny to see him not get what he wants!” Mark shouts.

“What are you against Justin for?!” I ask.

“The same reason you are. Just because Cameron’s parentals wanted her pretty little princess to date him doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a choice. He decided to go with Cameron and dump you. Hell, Cameron and her royal family didn’t even know he was dating you so he might as well be able to have had two relationships!”

“That wouldn’t have been right and I would have dumped him right then and there!”

“I’m just saying”get over the guy. You haven’t spoken a word to him in over two years so why get jealous? He’s apparently moved on and you should too. I only wanna see you happy.”

Even though Mark had some pretty harsh words, he was right that it was time to move on. Justin’s obviously got something better than what we had so I should forget that ‘we’ ever existed.

“You’re right, Mark, you’re right! Why the hell am I still moping around for something that happened over two years ago!? Because of this, I’m missing out on a relationship that could be happening!”

“Glad we got somewhere…finally. So when do they meet their ‘wedding planner’?” Melanie hints.

“Oh it’ll be by the end of the week. I guarantee it since its Lynn we’re talking about. My next wedding’s the Donahue wedding so I should have them come to that one to see how my work is.”

Mary pops in the doorway, “Lunch break is over you three, get back to work!”

“See you guys later!” I say.

“Parting is such sweet sorrow,” Mark teases as he and Melanie walk out of my office.

“So how much you want a bet someone’s gonna want someone back in this wedding?” Mark hints.

“You really think Justin or Danielle still wanna be with each other?”

“Danielle, yes. Tweedle-dee, that’s a good question. But I bet he wants her. So how about we make our own bet?” Mark suggests.

“How much ya talkin?” Melanie hints.

“I’m saying before the wedding, one of them is certain to express their hidden feelings from over two years”50?”

“50 it is,” Melanie says as she and Mark shake hands to seal the deal.




“The ceremony was absolutely perfect! And you look gorgeous, congratulations!”

“Thank you,” Sarah, now Mrs. Donahue, says as we hug.

I head towards the middle of the courtyard where the ceremony took place about an hour ago. Still no sign of the two families, the Timberlake’s and the Diaz’s, which is good news to hear. Maybe they won’t show up at all and not give me a ‘I can’t speak’ attack. Honestly, I don’t know how I’m gonna handle seeing Justin again. I don’t even know if he knows I’m gonna be planning his wedding.

Hah”isn’t life ironic?

All of a sudden, I hear the electric slide begin to play and I see everyone rush to the dance floor we put on the lawn, which not to brag, but looks awesome since the sun’s setting. Some of the guys are already drunk, so it’s funny to watch them try to remember the steps.

“Still no sign of the Capulets?” Melanie comes up teasing.

“Nope not yet!”

Melanie and Mark have officially made Justin and Cameron’s family the Capulets due to Juliet almost being forced to be married to Paris. And so that makes us three the Montagues who just want freakin’ peace for the love of God! It’s actually funny if you think about it and have read the play. But it’s even funnier when I realize that this is how it’s working out so far.

Just don’t let anyone die and make me cry.

Melanie and I are talking for about five minutes until she looks to my side for a second.

“Holy shit,” she says as she drops her glass of wine.

“What now...” I say as I turn around and see what I haven’t wanted to see.

Here come ‘The Capulets’.
----------
Song credit: Behind These Hazel Eyes--Kelly Clarkson

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=8040