At Last by x_days_go_by_x



Summary: Having finally tied the knot, JC and Jen are ready to begin their life together with Julie, JC's young daughter. They were finally a family, at last. **Sequel to "Becoming Daddy"**
Rating: PG starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: JC Chasez
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Becoming Daddy
Published: 06/22/05
Updated: 07/03/05


At Last by x_days_go_by_x
Chapter 1: Prologue
Author's Notes:

Prologue

“How are you doing, honey?”

Looking up at her husband, Jen felt another wave of nausea course through her body. Seeing the green color of her face and the pain expression she wore, he quickly hurried to get her a bucket. He barely made it in time. She snatched the bucket out of her hands and held it in between her knees as she emptied the contents of her stomach into it.

Letting out a low moan, she leaned back against the railing of the boat, closing her eyes and trying to settle her stomach. It was not working.

“I guess coming out on the boat was a mistake, huh?” The newlyweds had returned from their honeymoon just a few weeks earlier. Jen’s maid of honor had tagged along to serve as a nanny for Julie, who wouldn’t think of spending days away from her father and step-mother. Julie had absolutely fallen in love with Elizabeth and having been without her for several weeks, had asked to visit the woman for a few hours. Chris had been replaced!

It was upon Chris’ insistence that Jen and JC join him and the other guys on his newly purchased boat. JC had thought it was a wonderful idea, giving the two of them something to do to occupy their afternoon while their daughter was gone. It had seemed like a good idea until his wife started feeling ill. He’d never taken into account that she’d not been on a boat before.

“Do you want me to get Chris to take us back?” He asked, taking a seat next to her to rub her back gently.

“No!” She protested quickly. She knew her husband needed this. Although the two of them had just come from their honeymoon, she knew it wasn’t much of a vacation with the little girl occupying much of their time. She felt bad that the one day they had to themselves, with the exception of the guys of course, she got sick.

“Are you sure, baby?”

“I’m sure,” she told him, forcing a smile. “I’m actually feeling a little better,” she lied. He gave her a once over to try and determine if she was lying. He couldn’t tell otherwise, so he assumed she was being truthful.

“Alright well… I’m gonna go grab a beer. Do you want anything to drink?”

Just the thought of putting something inside her nearly made her gag and she shook her head quickly.

“No, but you go ahead. I’m just going to hang out back here for awhile,” she told him with a weak smile. When he was out of view, she leaned over and allowed herself to get sick once more.

~*~

“I’m sorry,” Jen apologized, looking over her shoulder to Chris as she stumbled off of the boat.

“Hey, no worries. You should have seen Jace when he first went out on a boat with us. He was hanging over a railing, puking his guts out all day.”

Fighting the urge to gag at the candid description, Jen forced a smile once more and leaned heavily against her husband. Looking down at Jen, he pressed a kiss to the side of her temple gently.

“Alright, woman. Let’s get you home and into bed,” he told her with a smile. He walked over to their car and helped her in, being gentle with her. He headed over to his other side and climbed into the car. He reached for her hand and squeezed it gently before holding it up to his lips for a soft kiss. “Just lay back and rest, baby. We’ll be home soon.”

Leaning back in her seat, Jen closed her eyes, taking deep breaths. In no time at all, she felt the car come to a stop and heard him get out, going around to her side. Instead of letting her walk like a civilized person would, he carried her up to the front door.

“My legs aren’t broken, you know,” she scowled, opening her eyes to glare at him.

“Hey, you’re sick. Now shaddup and let me take care of you,” he teased, setting her down so that he could unlock the door. No sooner had she started to walk in did he lift her up again, kicking the door closed behind them. They were home at last.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=8310