Shines in the Darkness by Leeann



Summary: The Jacob's Well team is going on a missions trip to Durban South Africa, there are many obsticales in their way as they raise money and get passports. They're in contact with others that are meeting up with them in Atlanta. JC Chasez wakes up after a dream and decides to do something good for once rather than waisting his money on stupid stuff. He decides to help fund a trip to Africa, bringing supplies to a relief station. Everyone around him is trying to persuade him not to go, but he knows he's been called to go. He meets up with Robin and the JW team, together they battle for the people of Durban and for their own lives.

*Authors Note* This story is been a long time in the making. I've always wanted to do a story similiar to this one, with the battle between angels and demons. I didn't know how to encorporate it into a story until I read about the "Humanitarian Challenge" over at Nsync Fiction. I feel as if I'm blessed, I finally got a reason to write it. I picked Durban South Africa, because two guys from my church really are going on a missions trip there in August. This is the first story like this I've attempted, so please bear with me.
Rating: PG
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Group, JC Chasez
Genres: Drama, Supernatural
Warnings: violence/death
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 07/04/05
Updated: 07/04/05


Shines in the Darkness by Leeann
Chapter 1: Prologue
Author's Notes:

The initial gathering was almost complete. It had been years in the making, and now it was almost here. A pair of eyes with a sinister purpose, watched the people scurrying around, watched them carrying about they're daily lives, totally oblivious to what was about to take place. It was just a matter of time before this territory would be theirs, and there was nothing anybody could do about it.

The creature flew over the land, casting a shadow over everything as it flew through the air. It pridefully swept over all the land, flying freely as it relished its new found excitement. Soon another one joined it, and then another, and before long the whole sky was filled with darkness. They circled the people, stopping on the tops of tents and buildings, staking their claim.

The people were oblivious to what was going on, they couldn't see anything that was happening right above their heads.

"He's coming!" one of the creatures shouted.

Indeed he was coming, the Aryon, the Prince. The whole place was crawling with these creatures by now. It was they're haven, the place they'd chosen to meet. The Aryon wasn't due for another week, as the preperations had to be completed first.

Across town another set of eyes watched, a pair of eyes took in everything the creatures were doing. His hand wrested on his sword, he couldn't wait to use it. He was Mahtar--Warrior, he watched a light shoot from the sky into the valley and went to investigate. What he saw when he got there put a smile on his face. It was his good friend Anwa--Truth.

"What are they doing?" Anwa asked looking down at the creatures.

"Circling, claiming this for theirs." Mahtar answered watching them.

"Do you know why we're here?"

"Not yet, but we will." Mahtar kept a sharp eye on one of the creatures, the one he suspected was their current leader.

The two of them continued to watch the gathering, and waited for further instruction. They didn't know what was going on, but it had to be something big, given they both were there. They watched the people down below and silently sent a prayer for them as they had no idea what was going on.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=8530