Silent House by Ryder



Summary: In this scary suspenseful thriller, two brothers move into a run-down cabin to start over, when they notice that they are being plagued by a ghost of a former resident. Co-starring: Britney Spears, T.I. Nominated at the A-U Fiction awards Vote Now! http://www.jealous-karma.net/auawards/
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Justin Timberlake
Genres: Drama, Romance, Thriller, Mystery, Supernatural, Horror, Alternate Universe
Warnings: violence/death, adult language, drug/alcohol abuse
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 07/20/05
Updated: 10/07/05


Silent House by Ryder
Chapter 1: A New Beginning
Author's Notes:

Silent House
Chapter One – A New Beginning


Another distant roar of thunder had cracked down, and Vincent flinched. Justin glanced at him at the corner of his eye, both hands on the steering wheel. He squinted his eyes so that they can adjust to the rain, wiping the fog from the windows.


“We’re almost there.” He said to himself. All he had to do was keep driving down this dirt road, and then they were there – a brand new place where Justin and his little brother can start over. Rain started pounding down on the jeep as Justin tried to find his turn.


After a few minutes, he found what he was looking for. He turned right on the new dirt paved road. And there it was.


“Vincent. We’re here.” He whispered, looking at his 7 year old brother.


Vincent opened his eyes, and he squinted up at the cabin. It was a two-story run-down old house from the look of it from the outside. Vincent looked up in amazement. “Whoa”.


“We got to help pack away everything today. You can go inside and show yourself around. Okay?” He sympathically smiled at his younger brother. “It isn’t much, but it’s the best I can do so far.” Justin whispered, sitting back and looking at his new house.


Suddenly, someone pounded on Justin’s window, making him jump. It was the guy who was driving the moving truck.


“We better start packing away this stuff now, sir. I have to take back this truck by the end of today. It’s already 4:30.” The man said, an umbrella hovering over him.


Justin nodded, and he opened the jeep door.


“Vincent, just go inside. I have to pack away everything form the truck.” Justin yelled over the rain. Vincent shook his head, and he braced himself for the rain. He opened the door and he ran toward the house.


Justin watched after Vincent like a hawk until he made his way toward the house and closed the cabin door. Justin’s eyes became watery – this is what he dreamed of doing since their mother died. Buying a place where he and his little brother can live away from their dad. This was it. This wasn’t a dream. He and his little brother can finally live in peace away from their father.


~ 2 Days Ago ~


Vincent sat in his small bedroom, drawing on pieces of paper he found in his father’s office. Abruptly, Vincent heard a slam at the front door. It was him.


Vincent closed his eyes, and he counted to 10 silently. He was scared. When his father came home and he slammed the door like that, it meant trouble at the factory.


Vincent heard his father cussed out loud in the kitchen, not to far away from Vincent’s small bedroom. Vincent knew his father would come in here. He always did. Vincent silently got up and tip-toed his way to his mattress, and slid under the covers, and pretended to sleep.


“VINCENT!” His father yelled, stomping his way toward the door. He turned the knob and he threw the door open. Vincent closed his eyes tighter, trying to erase everything that is about to behold him.


“As always, in his bed, sleeping.” John said out loud. John walked over to the mattress, and grabbed Vincent by the neck and pulled him out of bed. Vincent opened his eyes at his father.


“What the hell do you that make you sleep all the fucking time? Huh? You don’t do shit!” John yelled, and he gritted his teeth, and cracked his knuckles, frustrated.


Vincent stood there, silent, slightly flinching at the sound of his father’s knuckles cracking. “I asked you a question. What do you do?” John said, and he smacked Vincent over the head.


“You’re so damn stupid! You don’t do shit. You don’t say shit! All you do is run up my bills and eat!” He took his big hands and started smacking Vincent over the head as he said his last sentence.


He grabbed Vincent by his collar and he dragged him down to the kitchen, as Vincent began crying.


He threw him over by the table, and sat him down by the chair. Vincent started to sob louder, his head throbbing with pain.


“You are one of the most stupidest kids I have ever seen in my life. You don’t know how to read. You don’t know how to write, hell, you don’t say shit! You don’t know how good you have it! I work my ass off for us to stay in this trailer, and all you do is stay at home and sleep! No wonder your faggot ass brother left you.” John said, pacing back and forth. Those last words stung Vincent hard.


“You wanna know what happened today? Do you? I got fired! You know that that means? No more money for your stupid ass. Nothing! No Deniro!” John screamed, throwing random objects at the wall.


“We might get evicted, we might be put out on the street! Nothing to eat! No where to live! And it’s all because of you!” John started getting frantic, and he started to cry.


Vincent sat there, he didn’t see his father like this. Vincent sat there as he glanced over at his father on the floor, kneeling down, and crying his eyes out. Vincent felt dirty, as if he shouldn’t be seeing this. After a few minutes of John crying there on the floor, he got up, and looked over at Vincent, who was still sitting there, stifling his sobs.


“I hate you.” John said to him, glaring at Vincent. Vincent started to cry again.


“Get out of my face. I don’t wanna see your ugly face again. You hear me!” John said, getting the fake basket of flowers and throwing it at him. Vincent got up and started running for his bedroom, hearing his father yell obscenities at him.


“GET OUT OF MY FACE!” Vincent had heard enough, he closed the door and walked over to his mattress, and he collapsed.


Vincent felt numb, both emotionally and physically. He just wanted to sleep the day away, and pretend that he was in another place. He felt like he run out of tears, and that he has none left to cry. Vincent closed his eyes and drifted off to a place where his father can’t get him. His dreams.


~


There was a knock on the window. Vincent opened up his eyes and glanced up, and he couldn’t believe who he saw. The person that walked out on him when he was 5, because he wanted to try to find a better place for him. The person that promised that he would take him away from this place.


His older brother, Justin.


“Justin.” Vincent said, he couldn’t believe his eyes. Justin smiled at him, putting his hands up on the window.


“Open the window!” Justin whispered. Vincent got up and opened the windowpane, and it was true. It was Justin. Vincent felt a charge of diverse emotions going though him, he felt like he would explode.


Vincent hugged him, as Justin laughed and ruffled his hair. Vincent gazed up at him. Justin was bigger, broader, and he cut all his hair. Vincent couldn’t stop smiling.


“Now listen, Vincent, I need you to do me a huge favor. I need you to pack up everything you need – clothes, pillows, a blanket, as quietly as possible. Can you do that for me?” Justin asked.


Vincent knew what this meant. Justin was taking him away. Vincent couldn’t stop shaking with excitement, he dreamt of this day since Justin left him. And know it was time.


~ Present ~


Vincent walked up the stairs to the front patio, the wood squeaking and creaking under his wet shoes. Vincent walked over to the front door of the cabin and opened it.


Vincent looked around at amazement. It was like a real log cabin. The first thing he saw was the open area, with a fireplace. Vincent exited that room and walked over to the kitchen. He couldn’t believe how big it was compared to the one in the trailer.


Vincent then carefully walked upstairs, jumping over the missing floor-steps, pretending like it was a game. As he reached upstairs, he glanced down the small hallway, which leads to the bedrooms, but he walked over to a small area, the office, that looked over the living room.


He felt like he was the king of the world, placing his hands down at the railing, and looking over the cabin.


Vincent was still day-dreaming until he heard a noise coming from down the hallway. Vincent slowly turned his head, slightly confused. He slowly walked down the dark hallway into the bedroom, his heart beating. Vincent looked around the dark room, only light he can see was coming from the window in the middle of the wall.


Then there was a thump. Vincent jumped, and he heard an object roll down on the ground. It was coming from the ceiling. Vincent couldn’t believe what he was hearing, and then he heard the thump again. It was definitely coming from the ceiling. Vincent walked around the bedroom, his head looking up at the ceiling, when he bumped into a large closet.


Vincent rubbed his head, as he put his hand on the knob and slowly opened the door. He was greeted with darkness. But this wasn’t an ordinary closet, there was a large step connected with the wall.


Another loud thump. This time, it was directly above Vincent’s head. Vincent looked up, and he saw a small door. “Whoa.” He whispered to himself. “We have an attic!”


Vincent crawled on top of the step, and stood up on it, and he was pushed his hand on the door, and it opened. Vincent stuck his head through the attic. It was huge, and the only light was coming from the small window over by the corner. Vincent hoisted himself up the attic, and he crawled on the ground, before rising up. Because of his size, he didn’t have to bend over to look around the attic.


Vincent carefully started walking around the attic, taking steps above the big blocks of wood supporting the attic on the floor. Vincent carefully walked over to the window, and he glanced outside. It was still raining, but Justin and the two moving men were walking back and forth with the furniture and items from the truck.


Vincent stood there staring at them until he got bored. He started looking at the fog on the window. He slowly put his finger on the window and started writing, ‘Hello’. Vincent looked at it for a while, then he glanced down outside. Suddenly, Vincent felt a rush of cold air going through him, making the hair on his neck and his arms stand up. Vincent took a step back from the window, and something caught his eye.


Underneath the word that he wrote ‘Hello’, the word ‘Hi’ appeared. Vincent eyes grew wide, when out of no where; Vincent heard a long, terrifying squeak, followed by a slam.


The attic door shut, leaving Vincent in the dark. And not alone.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=8817