A View From Between by Fionnuala



Summary: *Sequel to 'You Get Me'* Justin and Rachael - best friends forever. Until they starting having makeout sessions, became confused about their relationship, lied to each other, and stopped talkling for five months. All of that ended when Justin nearly died in a car accident, and now they're back to being friends. Just friends. One of them still wants more, and the other one is still unsure.
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Justin Timberlake, Lance Bass
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: adult language
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 04/18/04
Updated: 12/06/04


A View From Between by Fionnuala
Chapter 1: Prologue
Author's Notes:

Prologue

September 15, 2003

Rachael,
Hey baby! Guess what? The doctor finally said that I can drive by myself, so I’m thinking I’ll come see you some time this week or next. I know you have class, so just e-mail me and let me know what days are good for you. Rehearsals for the tour have been postponed until next month, so any time is good for me. I miss you and can’t wait to see you!

Love, Justin


September 16, 2003

Justin,
Weekends are good for me. Whatever you want to do is fine. You can stay at my place, but you’ll have to sleep on the couch unless you want to share a room with Laura. Ha! Lord knows I’m not going to let you in my room, you evil seducing male. I miss you too! Write back and let me know when you want to come.

Love, Rach


September 17, 2003

Rach,
I’ll be there next weekend, okay? And I have no problem with sleeping in Laura’s room. Did I ever mention how hot she is? ;-) See you soon!

Justin


September 18, 2003

Ewwwww! You’re such a wh*re!

Rach


September 29, 2003

Rach,
I know I just left your place yesterday, but I’m bored since I’m not working and I still miss being with you. We have five months of missed time to make up for, you know.
I called you a few times today and you weren’t there, so I left you some amusing messages. Anyway…Trace is coming in tomorrow and he wants to see you. I told him that you’re really busy, but I’d ask you anyway. Have you talked to any of the guys lately? Chris called me yesterday, but I haven’t heard from the others in a week or so. Talk to you later.

Love, Justin


October 4, 2003

Justin,
I’d love to see Trace, but I really don’t have the time now. Classes are really picking up. I talk to Lance all the time, but haven’t heard from any of the other guys since JC called me two weeks ago. They must be really busy. Sorry you’re bored!! And thanks for the messages, they did amuse me. “What color am I thinking of between 1 and 45?” I think the answer is stripes. Wade called me yesterday. He said he hadn’t talked to you since the end of the last tour. I think you should call him. Gotta go to class now.

Love, Rachael


October 5, 2003

Dear Rachael,
I’m still bored, but I’m picking up Trace from the airport in a couple of hours, so that should help curb my boredom. I’m not going to call Wade. I don’t want to talk to him. Rehearsals for my tour start in two weeks. Do you think I could see you some time before then?

Love, Justin


October 9, 2003

Rach,
Haven’t heard from you in a while, so I thought I’d drop you a line. I hope you’re all right. Trace is hear and we’re having a blast, clubbing and sh**. E-mail me and let me know if we can get together some time.

Justin


October 13, 2003

Rach,
Haven’t heard from you, so you must be busy. Lance told me you were stressing out over work the last time he talked to you. I called you a few times, did Laura give you the messages? Call me.

Love, Justin


October 18, 2003

Rach,
Hey babe! I’m beginning to think you’ve dropped off the face of the earth! Rehearsals for the tour start today, so I won’t be able to call or e-mail you as often. Please call me or something so we can talk. I miss you a lot! Hope everything’s okay.

Love, Justin


October 28, 2003

Dear Justin,
So sorry I’ve been such a flake and not returned your calls or e-mails. I’ve been really busy with class, and I just started a second job. Hope tour stuff is going all right. CALL WADE OR I’LL HURT YOU! I don’t know when I’ll be able to see you again. Lance dropped in on me the other day and we went out for lunch, but I haven’t seen any of my other friends much at all lately, so don’t feel all alone in that department. I miss you too. Really.

Love, Rachael

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=883