The Role Player (Or why one never plays truth or dare with Lance Bass!) by Joeylance



Summary: One night Lance and JC spend the night at Lance's drinking maragritas and playing Truth or Dare. What truths will be revealed and how will it affect these two friends of ten years!? This Story Is Dedicated To My Real-Life Role Playing Partner Lance Bass
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstar
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Basez
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 07/26/05
Updated: 10/30/05


The Role Player (Or why one never plays truth or dare with Lance Bass!) by Joeylance
Chapter 1: Chapter One
Author's Notes:

The Role Player

Or why one never plays truth or dare with Lance Bass !


"Lance you awake?….that’s dumb, of course, you aren’t awake….it’s 3:00 AM for crying out loud…..I hate to bother you but I really need your help….well need your help may be a bit strong….it’s not a matter of life and death…… but I can’t figure this out….I know if I waited till morning I could eventually figure it out….but I really want to get it tonight….I know it’s silly but I’m OCing over this….so can you help?" JC paused to take a breath.

Lance smiled as JC’s stream of consciousness brought him gradually to awareness. Funny how the thoughts that swirled in JC’s mind often randomly fell out of his mouth in no particular order. Lance sat up and
leaned against the headboard of his bed “ rubbing his eyes. "Jace, it’s okay. What can I do?" He reached over and turned on his night stand lamp bathing the room in soft light.

He involuntarily softly gasped as he looked over and saw JC sitting on his bed. His hair slightly tousled like he had been running his hands through it; "accountant" glasses perched on his nose, bare chested with blue silk pj bottoms lazily hugging his hips. A laptop resting on his cross-legged lap. His face holding a slightly puzzled look; flushed from the margaritas they’d had earlier.

Lance reached over and took the lap top turning it around to look at the screen. JC came over and sat next to him leaning closely in.

Again, Lance drew in a deep breath. JC was painfully close “ his cologne drifting into Lance’s nose, his body heat was almost combustible. The funny thing was JC had no idea what the light touch of his arm against
Lance’s was doing “ how those lips which JC had just licked were so incredibly sensuous; how he wanted to lean over and taste every part of them; but he couldn’t especially with JC looking at him with those trusting, innocent gorgeous cerulean eyes.

Gathering his thoughts, Lance said, "so what is the problem?"

"Well, replied JC, first you tricked me into playing Truth or Dare this evening?

"I didn’t trick you."

"Did do!"

"Did not!"

"Well I think that I was tricked!"

"How so?"

"Hmmm let me see”…JC knit his eyebrows together in thought and then lowered the register of his voice; a near imitation of Lance’s own. ‘Hey JC, do you want to play Truth or Dare or Monopoly?’ “Well only a fool plays Monopoly with you, so I chose the lesser of two evils “ Truth
or Dare."

"Didn’t you have fun?"

"Well “ I like the red nail polish on your toes, and my legs have never been smoother." JC laughed a throaty laugh.

"Aww poor baby" replied Lance

JC made a pouty face as he turned to slide off the bed “Well if you don’t want to help; all you had to do was just say so.”

Lance reached out and grabbed his arm. “Hey I was only kidding. I’d love to help.”

JC’s face brightened. “You sure? I’m really not being a bother?”

“No, you’re really not being a bother” Lance reassured him.

“Thank you so much” said JC has he slid back over next to him.

“Okay” said Lance in a teasing voice “tell me actually what you did in 4,000 words or less. Okay?”

JC stuck out his tongue. “Okay here’s what I did...well I contacted the mods of that group ‘glory and fame’...and then...I...told them...that I wanted to join......the role that I wanted to play.......and then I wrote that sample...ahhh....journal entry thingie like you are supposed to....and then I went to post it...and then I e-mailed them and told them that I had done that....then they e-mailed me back and said they didn’t have access to it..so I went and redid it again....i did it three times and still they can’t find it..and I’m really at a loss at what to do next...in fact I have no clue....can you please help?

“Okay, calm down JC. In order for me to help you I need to know two things. First I need to know your user name for your journal.”

“I’m using jcchasezgandf”

“Okay glory and fame that makes sense.”

“Uhmmm” said Lance hesitantly. “I need to know the password you are using.”

JC head jerked up; his eyes large. “You need my password?”

Lance looked at JC smiling. “If I’m going to find out what you did wrong and if you want to add icons and other cool stuff, I will have to have access to your journal. Which means giving me your password.”

Sighing deeply, JC looked down at the bed; played with the bedcovers and generally did everything he could do to stall telling Lance the password. Finally he said “How about I just write it on a piece of paper for you?”

“Okay.”

He reached over Lance and grabbed a sheet of paper from the night stand and wrote it down then he handed it to Lance his hand trembling slightly.

Lance took it; his eyes widening as he read it “aww that is really sweet.”

“Well”, JC began by way of explanation, “I had to play the character according to the rules you set up in my dare. You said I had to be bi and well that seemed like the logical one to use....I can change it if you think it is silly...or dumb....or you find it gross.”

“No it’s really fine.” Lance said reassuringly. Lance went to the journal page typed in ‘jcchasezgandf’ for the username. Then he typed in the password ‘lanceslover’. “This should only take me a few minutes.”

“Cool” said JC “I’ll just lie down here and rest my eyes.” Which was JC code for I’m going to sleep now. Lance worked on the journal entry and then turned to look at the sleeping man beside him. Again he was overwhelmed with feelings and emotions at the sight before him. The eyelashes resting on high cheekbones, the pouty lips, the Leo necklace resting in the hollow of his neck, the firmly toned arms casually draped over well chiseled abs.

A thought crossed his mind, a wicked thought as he gently shook JC.

Protesting JC said “Hey, I'm sleeping here.”

Lance persisted. “JC”

“What?” JC cracked open an eyelid.

“Okay”, said Lance, “I have one more truth or dare left.” Actually he didn’t and he was hoping that JC was just sleepy enough not to be aware of that little factoid.

JC sighed deeply “Alright, if I do this last one can I please go to sleep and STAY asleep?”

Lance made a big show of crossing his heart. “Okay I promise.”

“Do I have to move much, I’m ever so comfortable here.”

“No.” Lance replied. “Okay truth or dare? You decide.” Lance crossed his fingers behind his back hoping against hope that JC would pick the right one.

JC wrinkled his forehead and seemed lost in thought. After what seemed like an eternity to Lance he said. “I pick dare.”

Secretly Lance rejoiced inwardly at JC's pick. “Here’s my dare. JC - I dare you to kiss me.”

JC sat straight up - instantly awake. “Wait a minute, say that again.”

Lance kind of stammered....”I want...no I......dare....you...to kiss...me.”

“That’s what I thought you said.”

“So”..asked Lance expectantly, “what’s your answer?”

JC pondered and then he said “Okay.”

JC leaned over and brushed Lance’s lips with a chaste little kiss then returned to where he had been sitting. “Okay I did it may I sleep now?”

“Wait” Lance protested. “That was a kiss? That’s the kind you give your grandmother when she is leaving at Christmastime.”

JC sighed. “Boy, I didn’t know there were qualifications to this kiss. So what are the parameters?”

“I want you to give me a kiss........like you mean it!”

“LIke I mean it?” JC said wickedly “Okay then get ready!”

JC got up so he was turned facing Lance. Taking his hands he cupped both sides of Lance’s face. “Ready?”

Lance swallowed. “Yes”

“Close your eyes.” JC ordered.

Lance did.

JC leaned in and gently brushed his lips against Lance’s. The kiss started out slow and tentative like the exploring of new territory which was very much what it was. Then almost without warning JC’s tongue sought entrance to Lance’s mouth. Lance let out an involuntary moan and granted said access. JC’s tongue danced over the inside of Lance’s mouth - as he withdrew he ever so gently sucked Lance’s lower lip into his mouth for a brief moment and then released it.

Breaking off the kiss, he paused to catch his breath as he leaned his forehead on Lance’s. “Was that the kind of kiss you had in mind?”

Lance squeaked out “Yes...that would...certainly... qualify.”

“Good” JC smiled as he lay back down on the bed and resumed his former position. “I’m really tired so if you don’t mind I’m just going to sleep here for the night.”

“No that’s fine”. Lance had no sooner gotten those words out of his mouth and JC was asleep. Lance marveled at JC’s ability to instantly fall asleep. Five seconds...five seconds that is all it takes.

Lance placed the laptop on the night table and shut off the light. So many thoughts were ricocheting through his mind; would sleep come to him he wondered. Suddenly JC turned and laid his head on Lance’s chest, his arm casually thrown over Lance’s stomach. Lance started to speak when JC mumbled, “My Lance pillow....don’t move my Lance pillow.... I love my Lance pillow........ it is so warm and cuddly and soft.”

Lance thought even in his sleep he rambles and he loves his Lance pillow. Drifting off to sleep Lance wondered was this JC or the margaritas talking?

TBC








Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=8933