Holding your Heart and Keeping the Faith by princess_ally



Summary: Chris finally found his perfect girl. It took him awhile to settle down but it finally happened and he was engaged. However, a giant bump in the road may turn his plans into something other than what he had planned.
Rating: PG starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Short Stories
Characters: Chris Kirkpatrick, JC Chasez
Genres: Drama, Romance, Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 10/10/05
Updated: 06/11/06


Holding your Heart and Keeping the Faith by princess_ally
Chapter 1: Prologue
Author's Notes:

"Jenna, I'msure it's nothing, sweetie," Chris soothed with a half smile as he stroked his fiance's hair.

"Then why is is taking them so long?" her hazel eyes looked up at him in a look that literally broke his heart.

"I don't know," he confessed

Jenna had been having breathing problems lately and it was to the point to where she could barely breathe at all. Chris insisted after several weeks that she just go see a doctor. So the couple sat in cold, hard chairs waiting to hear some kind of result.

"Hi, Miss Vaughn, sorry to keep you waiting," the doctor came in and settled himself behind his desk with her folder in hand.

"I am afraid the news isn't so good."

Chris grabbed Jenna's hand before she even had to make a move.

"You have cystic fibrosis," the doctor stared right at them and delivered the news.

"But it's usually diagnosed in children...are you sure?" Chris frowned.

"As active as Jenna has been through her life it's kept the secretions loose and it just hasn't been discovered until she slowed down a bit," he explained.

"Well what can you do to cure it...I mean is there a surgery?" Chris continued to hold Jenna's hand and ask the questions she was too devastated to ask herself.

"I'm afraid the best we can do is keep her safe from infections and keep her lungs cleared."

"I...I need to..uh..I need to go," Jenna jumped up and started out of the room with Chris following closely behind her after grabbing her purse.

"Hey..hey baby it's going to be ok," Chris grabberd her when the got to the car.

"No! It's NOT ok!" she kicked the side of the car and covered her face with her hands.

He didn't know what to do...he just pulled her to him and cried as well.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=9875