Dirty Games by EllY_chaOtic_fic_queEn



Summary: Late last night I was thinking... and I was thinking about you... * Kailey Williams is perfect. She couldn’t ask for a better life. Then he comes along... and changes all she’s for... * Justin Timberlake is wanted by nearly every female on the planet; Except for her. She wants nothing to do with him. But he’s not giving up with out a fight. * What happens when their worlds collide and painful games are thrown into the mix?
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Group, Justin Timberlake
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: sexual situations
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 12/01/05
Updated: 02/27/06


Index

Chapter 1: One
Chapter 2: Two
Chapter 3: Chapter 3
Chapter 4: Chapter 4


Chapter 1: One

**********************************

My original thought on Justin Timberlake was that he was just that baby-faced singer in *nsync, who used to date Britney spears. I didn’t know much about him and I wasn’t too interested either. I was much to busy with my own career and achieving all of my own goals. So imagine my surprise when I woke up one day and realized that I was in this situation.

One day out of the blue when I was at the studio we bumped heads. I thought the moment that he spoke to me that I was going to hate him. I practically knew it. “hello.” Came a voice behind me.

“Can I help you?” I turned around.

“No not really. I was just going to ask if I can help you. You’re new to this studio right?”

“Yes. But I don’t need your help. I’m fine thank you very much. And besides I'm not new to this business I know how to handle things.”

“Well then let me introduce myself. I’m Justin Timberlake. And let me guess, you must be kailey Williams. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Really now? A pleasure? Is that what you say to all the new female recording artists?”

“Well, well, well, I think I’ve got my self a tough cookie on my hands.”

“Yes you do. Now if you don’t mind, and please don’t take offence to this but I must get back to work. It was nice meeting you.”

Yes that was how it went. As you can most likely tell, I didn’t really like him much to begin with. He came off to me as arrogant, sexist, and annoying. But that wasn’t the last time I bumped heads with him. Oh heavens no. I would be seeing a lot more of Mr. Timberlake. A lot more.

****
“Hey kailey.” Came a voice from practically no where. It scared me half to death.

“Holy shi-” I wasn’t expecting this. Especially not today. To tell you the truth I never expected to see him ever again in my life. “What can I do for you Timberlake?

“You know you can call me Justin right?”

“In well aware of what my options of calling you are.”

“That made no sense.”

“I enjoy confusing people.”

“I see that. So.........”

“So?”

“What are you up to nowadays?”

“Save it.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I saw you with those groupies on Saturday. And by the way I’m not available.”

“Why do you think I would want you in that way?”

“Why else would you speak to a female?” I said before walking away.

Let me introduce myself. My name is kailey Williams and I am 18 years old. I am of Italian and Dominican decent. More over I'm a successful singer, songwriter and actress. I have been in this music business for about two years now. And let me tell you I have been very successful. My debut album, precious songs, did very well. And I'm close to releasing my second album, stories in my eyes.

I'm 5’7 and I have hazelish eyes. Well actually they are more brown than hazel but if you really REALLY look at them, they are kinda hazel. I have fair skin, and long honey colored hair. (Well for now at least.) Most guys whistle at me when they see me walking down the street but personally, I see nothing special in me. I mean ya I know; you should love yourself, and yada, yada. Don get me wrong, I have self confidence, it’s just that I don’t find my self drop dead. I think I'm just average. And I don’t strut my stuff. Yes sometimes I show my belly and a little cleavage now and there, but no pasties for me. No way in hell. I’m pretty much the conservative type. Yes fishnets, no micro-minis. Yes colorful makeup, no outrageous-got-into-a-fight-with-a-crayon-box. Yes a little belly, no under the breast shirts. Yes bikini to the beach, no thongs in Cancun. Are you catching my drift? I can be sexy, but trust me there is a fine line between sexy and skanky. And I make sure that I don’t ever cross that line. So yea. If you think being myself is sexy and hot, then I'm drop dead. But if you’re looking for that girl in the magazine, well then sorry Hun I'm not your girl.
********************************

about a week after my first encounter with Mr. Timberlake, I bump heads with him again. How wonderful huh?

“Hello Ms. Williams.” He said when he saw me.

“what a surprise mr. Timberlake.” I retorted with a hint of sarcasm.

“have I caught you at a bad time?” he asked trying to be innocent.

“don’t you always?”

“ouch Williams. Stop pretending you don’t wan’t me.” I coldnt help but laugh at that one.

“I'm not pretending.”

“whatever you say Williams.” He walked out and left me thinking. Was he being serious? Did he really want me? Or was he just being a tease? After thinking these thoughts I couldnt help but to feel a little ashamed. I mean I spent all this time convincing myself that the likes of him where no good, and now look. I was actually thinking about him.
*
for the next few weeks me and Justin talked and joked around. I found myself liking him more and more by the day. It was a slow process, but we were moving. But then one day he brought up a topic that made me uneasy.

“hello kailey.”

“hey timberwad.”

“hows it goin?”

“wonderful.”

“ooh. So.......”

“so?”

“I hear your dating mike in the sound department.”

“yes and?”

“I just wanted to let you know that-”

“I don’t wanna hear it. I'm not interested in what you have to say a bout him.”

“can you just listen to me kailey?”

“what?”

“hes not good people. I think you could do better. You need to find yourself a good guy. That deserves you.”

“why does this matter to you?”

“because I care. And this guys an ass. Be careful. This guy isn’t all hes cracked up to be.”

“really now? And tell me, why in heavens above would I listen to you Timberlake?”

“because I'm right and you know it.”

“give me a break.”

“I'm not kidding kailey. I'm being serious. You should watch out.”

“yah riggggght......” I walked out. I had a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Justin wasn’t the fist person to say that to me. And I had a feeling that they were right. I mean these people had been working with him longer than I have known him. Is sighed and stopped thinking about it. The thoughts were too stressful.

**
I decided to call mike when I got home. It seemed right at the time to call him since I was thinking about him. (even though those thoughts weren’t too positive.) and besides I hadn’t talked to him in days and he was my boyfriend. I quickly dialed the number and some woman answered on the first ring.

“hello?” she half giggled.

“I’m sorry I must have dialed the wrong number. Is this mikes phone?” I could bet all my hard earned cash that I had dialed correctly.

“actually it is…hold on.”

“hello?” came his strong voice on the line.

“mike…who was that?”

“my cousin Angelina. She um…stopped by for the weekend.”

“oh…”

we kept talking for awhile but the conversation wasn’t the same. I just coudnt get the thought out of my head that maybe ‘angelina’ was more than just his ‘cousin’. But I quickly pushed that thought away.

Sometimes I wonder why I am even with Michael. It seems so clear to me that we aren’t meant to be. We fight about everything, but he always insists that we stay together. Yet he seems to be fine with all the time that we spend apart. Shoot I haven’t even seen him in close to six months. And when we are together, all I can think about is getting away. But I cant get myself to break up with him. Even though it’s the first thing on my mind when I'm with him, I just cant break the poor guys heart. Maybe Justin is right. Maybe he isn’t all he's cracked up to be. But what exactly did he mean?

****************************
over the next few weeks, it seemed as if I was softening up to Justin. In all reality, he wasn’t a bad guy. In fact I think he's a great guy. I smiled to myself as I trailed off in my mind thinking of him.

“thinking about mike?” he said annoyed as he walked in.

“no. actually I was thinking about a movie I saw last night. The guy was cute. If only life was like the movies huh?”

“heh. If only. But I'm glad you aren’t thinking about that ass.”

I laughed. “you’d actually be very happy to find that I don’t think about him that often.” He smiled and just as he was about to open his mouth to speak, Johnny walked in.

“hello guys. Just wanted to remind you that you are here to work. And also, this just came in the mail for you kai.” I smiled

“ok…” I took the package and opened it and gasped as I saw the contents of the package. “oh...my...god...”
“what?” Justin said looking over my shoulder. “oh. I'm so sorry kai.” He said wrapping his arms around me. “is there anything I can do?”

I sighed. “nope. I'm fine. What can you do? I was expecting it.”

he kissed my cheek. “I think that’s a wonderful attitude to have ms. Williams.” I kissed his cheek.

“I'm glad you think so.” We got to work, and I couldn’t help but think about who had sent me that package. It had no senders address so I was really stumped about who sent that. Was it someone who was trying to upset me? Were they trying to make me see the light? I sighed. I might never know.

********************

“hello. Sweet pea.” I heard a deep voice say when I walked in. I screamed. I really wasn’t expecting for him to be here.

“Michael...”

“are you upset?” he said trying to kiss me. I pulled away.

“oh heavens no. why the fuck would I be upset?!”

“ I don’t know….you tell me.” I went into the kitchen, picked up the small box and threw it at him.

“THAT’S WHY I AM UPSET. NOW GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!! I DON’T NEED YOU SO LEAVE!!!”

“its not what you think...”

“give me my keys... and get out...”

“I don’t think so...” and with that he left. After that I felt rather upset and unsafe in my apartment. So I left. I drove aimlessly for a long time. How could I have been so blind? Why was I even with him? I don’t love him! I sighed. Where was I going to stay tonight?
*Flashback*

“listen kai, I know this is the first time we have actually been friendly but, heres my number...”

“thanks.” I said and smiled.

“call me anytime kai. Whenever you need ANYTHING. Seriously.”

I smiled and hugged him. “thank you Justin….and I will.”
*End flashback*

I smiled. Maybe Justin did mean what he said that day...
I dialed the number and it rang a few times before he picked it up.

“hello?!” he was abviously annoyed.

“Justin?”

“kai?” his tone softened. “I'm sorry...i though it was chris again.” I chuckled. “are you ok?” he sounded concerned.

“well... I kinda need somewhere to stay tonight.”

“you know you are welcome here.”

I smiled. “thank you Justin.. whats your address?”

He gave it to me and within minutes I was there.

“hey.” He answered the door with a smile.

“hi.” I kissed his cheek and walked inside.

“beautiful home...”

“I wouldn’t call it a home...” he said closing the door.

“oh? And why not?”

“because a home is when you live with someone you love... I don’t.”

“oh...”

“so tell me...” he said sitting down. “what brings you here. Are you ok?”

“yah I'm fine.” I sat down. “I broke up with Michael.” He smiled.

“that’s great news.”
“yeah. But at first he woudn’t leave.”

“he was at your place?”

“yea. He was just there when I came home.and he woudnt leave after I told him to. Then I asked him for my keys and he woudnt give them. But I just didn’t feel safe. That look......”

he wrapped his arm around me. “I promise you that as long as you are with me, you will be safe.”

I smiled. “you have no idea how much that means.”

“well I hope it means a lot.” He looked into my eyes and I must admit that for the first time I saw how amazing his eyes really were.

“you know Justin...”

“yes?”

“you have amazing eyes.”

“that’s funny because I think your eyes aren’t amazing.”
I frowned. “that’s so cold.” I started to look away but he gently cupped my face with his hands.

“I actually think that your eyes are beyond amazing.” I blushed slightly. He leaned down and I knew what he was about to do. And at that moment nothing seemed more right. But right as he was about to kiss me, someone burst through the door.

“HEY JUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

we quickly parted and I heard Justin curse under his breath. Just then Chris, one of Justin’s well known band-mates walked into the luxurious living room.

“ooh will you look at that Justin was gonne get-“

“chris! What are you doing here?”

“well obviously I came to rescue this beautiful lady from you...kailey is it?”

I smiled. “yea. And your chris?”

“yes I am. I'm sure you’ve heard so much about me.”
“well…”

“you haven’t told her about me justy?”

“no chris. I haven’t. remind me again why I gave you that extra house key?”

“because you wanted me to have somewhere to stay while I was in town because I had no home.”

“but now you do...”

“what?! No love?! Justin a girl walks into your life and then you forget all about me.” He wiped a fake tear from his eye and I laughed hysterically.

“I think I'm going to like you.” I said through laughs.

“you see? She accepts me!!! You need to stop being so ashamed justy. I am special. And obviously, Not everyone hates me.”

I started laughing again. “chris...why must you walk in at the worst possible times?”” I could tell he was getting annoyed. I went up to him and put my arm around him. This was a very bold move for me but I was getting strong vibes from Justin. I'm just praying that these are good vibes.

“don’t worry about it Justin. I'm feeling worn out. I should get some rest anyways.”

“alright.” He sighed. “let me show you to a room.”

“ok. It was nice meeting you chris!”

“nice meeting you to kailey. And don’t you worry...you will see a lot more from me!” I laughed. Chris sure was quite the character. We walked upstairs and he led me into a beautiful guest room.

“I doubt that you decorated. Unless you’re ga-“

“no! woman! How can you even think that?!” we laughed. “my momma decorated.”

“nice.”

“thank you.”

“so this is where I shall be staying?”

“yes. And the bathroom is just through there.” He pointed to a small door.”

“okie.” I smiled. “thanks a lot Justin. And I promise you ill be out of your hair in no time.”

“kai you can stay as long as you want.”

“I don’t want to be a burden.”

“your far from that.”

“sure I am...” he smiled.

“JUSSY!!!!! COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOUUUUUUUUUUU ARE!!!” chris sang in a high pitched voice.

justin sighed. “ill see what I can do about chris. Then ill be back.” He kissed my forehead and walked out. I sighed. How could I have been so blind not to notice Justin before? He is sweet, caring and amazing. I smiled and laid down in the comfortable bed. Is sighed. “this is very comfortable...” I closed my eyes and relaxed. This was something new. This feeling of freedom that was being without mike. It felt heavenly. Especially with Justin around.

I was abruptly pulled out of my thoughts when my cell started ringing. I had no urge to pick it up so I just let it ring. But obviously that person has something to say because they left a message. And my cell beeps annoyingly when it has a message. I sighed. “might as well listen to it.” I picked the small pink phone up and dialed the voicemail number. I sighed and waited for the message.

“Hello darling...” he said in an icy tone. “I hope you don’t think that you are getting rid of me like that. You should know better. What makes you think I am going to let you out of my life? Sweetie we both know where you belong. So before I take drastic measures, why don’t you come home? I'm waiting for you at the apartment, and the sooner you come the better. By the way...tell your little boyfriend to back off. I don’t think he’ll like me much after I'm through with him. Don’t you know? If I can’t have you, NO ONE WILL!!!!!!! Kailey I'm getting sick of waiting and I will torture and traumatize your poor innocent mind if you don’t come home within five minutes of hearing this message. And that’s something you can count on.” I dropped the phone on the floor and I heard the battery fall out. “oh god...” I was scared. I felt tears coming to my eyes. I heard a door slam downstairs and I immediately hid under my covers. I felt like a five year old child in the dark during a thunderstorm; after watching a scary movie. I was helpless and alone.

“kai?” Justin asked softly from the doorway. I sighed and pulled the covers from my head. He rushed over to me. “are you ok?” I nodded. “kai honestly. Whats wrong sweetie?” I leaned my head on his shoulder and started crying. “shhh. Its ok sweetie. Its ok.”

I pulled away. Its not ok. I picked up my cell from the floor and put the two pieces together. I then turned it on and handed it to him.

“listen to that message. Press the button with the envelope on it.”

“ok.” He pressed it and listened intently. I saw his face slowly turn pale. Quite frankly, I was expecting any minute now for him to tell me to get out of here and out of his life. besides, why would he put his own life in danger for me?

He closed the phone and wrapped his arms around me. “kai don’t worry. As long as I'm around nothing will hurt you. Nothing in this world. They’d have to get through me first.” He put a finger under my chin and gently pulled my face up to meet his glance. “kai there’s something very special about you.” He gently wiped away a tear that had fallen from my eyes with his thumb. “I hope you aren’t crying over a lost love.”

I managed to smile. “I never loved him. And no. its just that I'm a little scared.”

“theres no need to be.” He looked into my eyes and got closer to me. He was slowly pulling his face closer to mine and I knew what was going to happen. That moment when our lips touched I felt something soar through my body. I was taken into ecstasy. That’s when I knew I was falling in love. He pulled away and I looked into his eyes. If I was not mistaken they held some sort of love. “I'm going to let you rest sweetie. You’ve had a long day and you need rest.”

“Justin?” I said as he stood up.

He turned around “yes?”

“please don’t leave me. I know I seem really immature but I cant help but feel scared.”

He smiled. “I wont leave your side.” He climbed into the bed and wrapped his arms around me. “if it makes you more comfortable I can sleep on the floor.”

“no.” I said as I laid my head on his chest. “i’m very comfortable like this.”

Back to index


Chapter 2: Two

the next day me and Justin sat lazily until Johnny called him and told him that his presence was requested at the studio.

“Johnny. Do I really have to go? C’mon. today I supposed to be my day off. Well if you put it that way…ok ill be there.” He hung up and turned to me.

“well. Johnny wants me at the studio. Care to come with?”

“sure. Id be more than happy to.”

We went to the studio and I just sat there smiling as Justin whined while doing some work. Then when a reporter came in he groaned. “you’ve gotto be kidding me. A reporter? Argh.”

“hello Justin.” The woman smiled and sat down.
”obviously you are in a rush so I promise I will make this quick.”

“thank you very much.”

“ok.” She started her tape recorder and sat up. “so tell me Justin, what have these past few weeks after the tour been like?”

“its been great. I happy to have a break and just be able to relax.”

“no swarming fans?”

he chuckled. “nah man. No swarming fans. Ive just been keeping to myself and ive been hanging out with my good friends.”

“that’s good. So tell me, is a new album in the works?”

“well right now we are doing some little things to prepare for an album but we haven’t actually started recording.”

”oh. Sounds good. And tell us all Justin, what we have been dying to know. Is there a woman in your life?”

“as of right now? No.”

“well I notice that ms. Kailey Williams is here with you. Is there anything between you two?”

“no. shes just a really good friend. She’s an amazing person…*pause* were only friends.”

“Sure you are… so tell me, do you still have feelings left over for Britney?”

“I don’t feel like discussing that.”

“c’mon Justin. Everyone is dying to know.”

“all better reason to keep it all to myself.”

“well there are rumors about a cheater any truth to that?”

“no.”

“no story to tell?”

“what story? All it is is a rumor that some old lazy fat ass made up to save his paycheck.”

“a little harsh Mr. Timberlake?”

“not at all.”

“well lastly Justin tell me, what are some words that you live by?”

“if your going to do something don’t do it half assed. Do it right or don’t do it at all.”

“and this was said by…”

“my mother.”

“ok. Well its been nice talking to you Justin. I hope to see you soon!”

“likewise.” With that the woman turned off her tape recorder and threw it in her bag. “well I am done here. Nice seeing you both.” And with that she was gone.

I laughed. “could she have said ‘please tell me’ any more? Damn.”

“she was annoying.” Justin chuckled. “I thought she would never leave.”

I laughed. “you are too much.”

“alright you guys.” Johnny came in. “I'm leaving now. See you tomorrow Justin.” He left.

“well will you looks at that he's gone.” He smiled wickedly.

“if I'm not mistaken that’s not a nice smile.”

“maybe its not.”

“I don’t know if I should trust you.” I tried to hide my smile.
“Maybe this will change your mind…”he came close to me and kissed me. Oh I think I'm getting addicted to his kisses.

“Justin…” I nearly whispered.

He smiled. “Your kisses like magic kailey.”

“whatever.” I pretended to be disappointed.

“so have I changed your mind?”

“maybe…” I said flirtatiously.

He frowned. “I was expecting more of a yes.”

“well I need a little more convincing.” I said seductively as I got closer to him.

“ill be happy to give a little more.” He said in a husky tone.

I sat on top of him on one of the couches, and soon things were getting hot. It was passionate, sexy, and long. We were there making out for about fifteen minutes.
“how about now?” he said as he pulled away.

“I'm definitely more positive.”

That’s when I heard him. “KAILEY WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!” I turned around and looked at him and even though I felt the fear I made sure that I didn’t show it. “how could you kai?”

“mike I told you we were over.”

“did you get my message kai?”

“you called? I'm sorry mike but you know I'm not one to really check my messages. Listen I'm sorry but were over. I cant have you in my life any more.”

“kailey I'm going to give you one chance…”

“no mike. I gave YOU all of your chances. But now its over.”

He clenched his fists and started to walk towards me.

“man she said its over. And what do you think your going to do with those balled up fists?” Justin came up behind me and put his arms around me. Thankfully, Justin was much taller than mike so I could sense that mike wasn’t about to fight him. So mike turned around and left. “are you ok?”

“you’re here aren’t you?”

he smiled. “are you ready to go?”

“yesh.”

“yesh?”

“my special way of saying yes.”

He smiled and held my hand and led me out of the studio…

***********************************
a week later…

“Justin thank you so much for helping me move.”

“your welcome hun. Anything for you.” He kissed my cheek.

I sighed. “I'm so glad to be out of that apartment.”

“I'm glad that your happy. And this…” he looked around the living room of my new penthouse apartment. “this is very nice.”


“yes it is.” I smiled.

***********************************


“alright girls...i have a wonderful idea.” Teenie looked at me. I cocked my eyebrow up. I wonder what tenie has cooked up now.

This was the weekend that the girls were flying in. we were all happy to see each other after such a long time. We have all been friends since high school. We were the popular crowd. They took me under their wing and I became one of the angels. The angels were the main group of my high school. And at first I was fine not being one of them, but when they asked me to join them in their popularity game I couldn’t refuse. You know how it is in high school, popularity is everything. I always figured that after high school we would stop talking but I was wrong. The funny thing is I don’t even consider us all best friends. Just members of the same clique.

The girls are Justine, aka teenie, lizabeth, aka lizzie, elle aka elly, hillarry aka lilly, and Candace aka candy.

“alright girls. Yesterday we had fun. We chatted and went out but todays all about strategy. Are you ready for payback kai?”

“huh?” I just missed everything that tenie said. I was to busy thinking about Justin. I do that a lot now.

“payback kai. Revenge.” She smiled wickedly.

“of?”

“all those times that dumbass fucked with your relationship.”

“ok now I'm really confused. Who are we talking about?”
“Justin Timberlake.”

Oh no...you see this is where things get really sticky. You see I didn’t hate Justin. In fact hate is the farthest thing from it. I certainly didn’t want to harm him but this was my friends. Oh dear lord my friends. I don’t know how it got this way but they have so much control over my life. and that makes me weak when it comes to them. I cant seem to say no. so I had no choice but to pretend that I agreed to this stupid plan.

“oh him…” I said in a monotone. “why are we doing this again?”

“for revenge kai.” Tenie replied.

“of?”

“all those times that fucker bothered you. And…for breaking you and Michael up.”

I should have never said anything to tenie or candy about Justin. Now look where all that talk has gotten me…I just hope I can talk her out of it.

And Michael…oh Michael…I just cant believe how low he sunk to try and ruin me. After he realized that we were officially over he had the nerve to call tenie (tenie is mikes cousin) and tell her some twisted story about our break up. Mike told renie that he came to the studio one day to ‘pick me up’ and he ‘overheard’ Justin and I talking. According to mike he heard Justin threaten me if I didn’t break up with him. So he ran in to ‘save me’ and told me to just go with him. But I was too ‘scared’ to leave Justin so I stayed and broke it off. If you ask me, that’s the biggest pile of shit I have ever heard. But I know if I don’t speak up now and tell the truth the truth is going to bite me in the ass.

“well tenie I mean why waste our precious time on him? I mean ya know…we have much bigger fish to fry.”

“I don’t think so. He deserves this. He asked for it. Besides I have a feeling this is going to be good.”

“right…” I replied uneasily.

“so tenie…tell her how irs gonna be.” Elly spoke up.
“yeah tenie.” I said nervously… “how is it going to be?”

“ill tell you how. You're gonna make that cocky bastard fall in love with you. And your gonna pretend to love him too. Then you dump him.” She smiled her wicked smile that I had seen oh too many times before.

“tenie I don’t know if I wanna do this.”

“excuse me? Don’t tell me that you actually like that bastard. I mean if you do its cool and all…but we can no longer associate. Simple as that.”

Good then all is settled. Get the fuck out and let me and Justin be happy for once.
“of course not! Im just so busy tenie I have no time to even pretend im in a relationship.”

“oh don’t you worry kai. Well make time.”

“right…”

***************
that night I couldn’t get any sleep. I like Justin I really do. And if he does fall in love with me im certainly not gonna dump him.

**************
if I thought that night was bad I didn’t know what bad really was. Bad was and still might be what is yet to come.

************
the next morning I went to the studio. And much to my disfortune lizzie and tenie came with me. So I walked right into that studio, confident that today would be great and this would all blow over. But, I was wrong.

The first thing I saw when I walked in was Justin. And the funny thing is that the moment I saw him I forgot all about tenies’ crazy scheme. I even forgot tenie and lizzie were in the room. My attention was fully focused on Justin.
He smiled. “hey. Nice to see a familiar face on this lonely day.”

He reached for a hug and I gladly fell into his arms. “and what happened to the other four fifths of nsync?”

“im here early.” He kissed my cheek and wrapped his arms around me . “I missed you this weekend but thanks for calling. It was nice to hear your voice on the other line.”
“I feel the same way.”
That’s when I noticed tenie and lizzie. Tenie had the most disgusted look on her face, and lizzie just seemed confused as she looked at tenie.

“who are your friends?” Justin asked me quietly as he kissed my cheek. “the one on the left doesn’t seem to like me very much.”

I smiled and kissed his cheek.

“ok well….Justin this is Justine, and Justine this is Justin.”

“hey.” He said with a smile.

She rolled her eyes. “yea…whatever.”

“you got some nice friends.” Justin mumbled under his breath.

This made me smile. I knew very well that tenie didn’t like Justin at all. “ok well Justin this is lizbeth and liz this is Justin.”

“hi lizbeth.” He said a bit cautiously, putting his hand out for her to shake.

“hello Justin.” She smiled. “its nice to meet you.” They shook hands and I smiled. Thank god lizzie is nothing like tenie. Lizzie is quiet, nice, caring and sweet. Basically everything tenies not.

Justin put his arm around me. “the guys are here.”

“hey!” I smiled and greeted the guys.

Justin smiled. “guys this is Kailey Williams, and kai this is joey, jc, and lance.” He paused. “and I believe you and Chris know each other right?”

“yea.” I smiled.

“I told you, you were gonna see more of me!” Chris said.

“so this is the girl you’ve been talking about…” joey spoke up. “well pretty lady if you ever get sick of Justin, I am right here.”

I laughed. “so you’ve been talking about me juss?” tenie shot me a dirty look. I don’t think she liked the fact that I was flirting with Justin right in front of her.

“of course kai. How could I not?” he winked at me.
Lizzie smiled at justin’s flirty attitude. I really think lizzie might not be on tenies side on this one.

“so this is the famous kai…well j you were right. She is one beautiful, and not to mention hot woman.” Jc said.

I blushed. “I hope your not trying to flirt with my girl jace.”

I turned around to face Justin. “so im your girl now?”

“well…” he began to say but tenie stood up abruptly and I could tell she was about to burst.

“as much as I am enjoying this fiasco, I believe this is a workplace. Not a carnival. So why don’t you cut the noise, which is giving me a major migrane, and get to work. Stop wasting my damn time!”

the room was silent for a moment. And needless to say I was terribly embarrassed.

“jeez what crawled up her ass and died?” Chris whispered.

“ill finish that later I promise.” Justin whispered in my ear while kissing my cheek.

I sighed and kissed his cheek. “alright j.”

I walked over to my purse and gathered my papers. “well Kailey I see that you and Timberlake were awfully close back there.”

“well tenie you know how it is.”

“actually no. I don’t know how it is.”

“well I don’t have time to chit chat. I have to get to work now Justine.”

“and how long will this take?”

“long. So if you want you can head back.”

“ok then I think I will.”

“see ya.”

“right…” she walked over to lizzie. “lizzie im leaving…”

“ok…”
“aren’t you coming?”

“actually tenie I think ima stay here with kai.”

“are you sure about that?”

“positive.”

“well then.. I guess im gonna go now.” She stormed off and I smiled. This was definitely a scene to treasure. I had never seen anything like it. I looked around only to find that the guys were no where to be seen.

*_**_**_**_**_**_**_**_**_**_**_**_**_**_*
Justin Timberlake.

“so gimme the scoop man. You two seem pretty damn close back there. Not to mention that she stayed at your house.” Chris said.

“well I like her…a lot.”

“you do?”

“yea.”

Chris slapped a hundred dollar bill on the table. “ a hundred bucks says that you don’t get the girl. Especially with that bitchy friend of hers.”

“a bet? No way man. No fucking way.”

“what are you chicken baby j? scared of a widdle bet?” by now Chris was mocking me.

“are you shittin me?” thoughts ran through my mind. There was no way I could back down on one of Chris’ bets. I’d never hear the end of it. I sighed. But then again I cant do that to kai. I sighed. “alright fine. One hundred dollars says I get the girl.”

Just as I agreed to take part in that stupid bet Kailey walked in. that girl has some amazing timing. She took one look at the money on the tale and made a cute face. She scrunched up her nose and looked at us in mock disgust.

“and what is this that’s going on here?”

Chris smiled mischievously. “it’s a bet.” I gave Chris a warning look. He should know better than to let his stupid plan slip. He just smiled. “I bet a hundred bucks that jc cant eat a whole medium pizza, half a philly cheese-stake and a two liter bottle of soda.
Jc coughed and looked over to Chris like he was crazy. “are you on something? What are you trying to do to me?”

Chris smiled. “it’s a bet young one. You must at least try it.”

“listen Confucius-“ Kailey cute him off.

“I thought Justin was the young one?”

“they’re all little ones in my eyes.” She laughed. “well yea. That’s the bet.” Chris gave Kailey one of his innocent looks.

“you need help Chris.”

“I know. And to think that you haven’t seen nothing yet.”

“anything.”

“same diffrence.”

she smiled and sat next to me. “how are ya doing trouser snake?”

“what did you call me?”
“trouser snake.”

“I am not a trouser snake.”

“I know but I figured id just call you that for the hell of it.”

I smiled. “you sure are something kai.”

“so ive been told.”

We continued to talk as we waited for Johnny to get here and once he did we went straight to work. But the whole time we were recording all I could think about was her.

So I went home and showered, and watched some tv. But it was all useless. All of my pathetic attempts to get her out of my mind only failed. I needed to talk to her. It was the only way that I would get some sleep. But the thing is, its three o’clock in the morning. I don’t want to wake her, but I need to hear her voice. This is killing me.

I knew the second I picked up the phone that this might be a stupid thing to do but it was to late for second thoughts. The phone was already ringing.

“hello?” she didn’t sound a bit tired.

“hey kai. Did I wake you up?”

“actually no. I was wide awake.”

“oh.”

“is everything ok Justin?”

“yea its just that um…well you see…”

“c’mon juss. Out with it. You know you can tell me anything.”

“well I was just thinking about you and I wanted to call you.” How about I’ve been thinking about you all damn day and could not get you out of my mind for the life of me. And I cant sleep until I hear your voice.

“well I was thinking bout you too juss.”

“that’s good to know.”

She chuckled. “so why aren’t you sleeping Justin?”

“why aren’t you sleeping?”
“I dunno. I just cant sleep. And my sheepies are on vacation.”

I smiled she really is something. “alright well kai I think you should try and get some sleep.”

“you too! Im not the only one who's in for recording tomorrow.”

I chuckled. “alright well goodnight kai.”

“night Justin.”

******************************************
Kailey Williams.

Dealing with tenie for that next week was pure hell. So just imagine how I I felt when one day out of the blue tenie walked in and told me that she and lizzie were staying for good. As it turns out they rented an apartment down the street. I was shocked dead when I found out. Our conversation went a little like this:

“guess what kai?”

“what?”

“im staying.”
“what??”

“yes. Me and lizzie are staying for good. We bought an apartment down the street.”

“what?!”

“yep. This plan is gonna really take off now.”

“WHAT?!”

“Yup. I'm glad to see your excited kai. Talk to you later.”

She left me standing there, mouth gaping open, in uttermost shock. That was definitely one of the biggest blows of my life. I've been waiting for the day that tenie and the girls leave since the second they got here. And now after a week of anticipation and hopes that Justin and me will be at peace, they decide to stay. Well Lizzie’s ok. I mean I wouldn’t mind if she stayed. But tenie? Tenie’s nothing more than a pain in my ass.

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3

Author's Notes:

im sorry it took me so long to put up this chapter!

well this chapter is starting to focus more on justin and kailey and how things develop between them enjoy!


i walked into the studio with what probably had to be the most miserable look on my face.
"whats wrong ms. williams?" chris asked me.
"my friends decided to move to orlando. theyre renting an apartment."
"thats just how i looked when i found out chris was going to live next door." Justin chimed in.
i smiled and walked over to justin. "hey hun." i kissed his  cheek.
"so you dont like your friends?"
"its complicated."
"meaning you dont want to get into it."
i smiled.
"so how did you sleep last night?"
"i slept ok. why?"
"you mentioned you werent feeling good."
"oh. yea im feeling better."
"good." he said as he held me tight.
"so are you almost done?" i asked him.
"why?"
"i thought maybe we could go get a bite to eat."
"sounds good to me."
"me too." i smlied.
"so you came all the way here for that?"
"if youd like ill go eat alone."
"ill be done in like five minutes."
"and ill be waiting right here. now go im hungry."
he smiled as he walked into he recording booth.
for the next ten minutes i watched them as they recorded and i couldnt stop smiling. something about justin just put a smile on my face...and to think just a while back he was just an annoying obstacle.
***
justin timberlake
"so what are you getting?" i asked her.
"i think ill get a salad."
i cocked an eyebrow up. "i know thats not what you really want to get."
"youre right its not. but ive been told i need to diet."
"well fuck them. you dont need to lose any weight. youre beautiful just the way you are."
"really?"
"yea."
"thats the first time a guys ever really said that to me. well except for my dad."
"really?"
"yea."
"you must have been hanging around some assholes then."
"i must have..."
the waiter came up to the table. "what will i be getting you sir?"
"let me get a bacon cheeseburger and a baked potato"
"and for you miss."
"ill have a chicken fajita madness." she said slightly giggling.
"is that all."
"yes."
"so whats so funny? i asked her as  the waitress walked away.
"the names of the food are just kinda funny. i felt so silly asking for that."
"im glad you didnt get a salad."
"so am i."
"im glad you stopped by today."
"so am i."
she rolled her eyes as her phone began to ring.
"hello? hi...well i didnt think it was necessary to inform you on my every move. im out. eating. lunch. justin. please dont start teenie i dont want to hear it. bye teenie...uh huh...bye." she hung up the phone and turned it off.
"i swear i dont get peace in my life."
i smiled. "with me you do."
"youre right."
"do you know how amazing you are?"
"no i dont."
"you are the most amazing woman i have ever met kai."
"you dont know how much this means to me."
"can i ask you something serious."
"oh so you were kidding about the whole amazing thing?"
"of course not."
she smiled. "of course you can justin."
"you know i really like you. and those kisses that weve shared havent been meaningless."
"i know."
"do you feel something between us?"
"honestly?"
"kai..."
"yes justin. i do."
"really?"
"yea. ever since that night at your house i realized that theres definetally chemistry between us."
"i noticed it the moment i layed eyes on you."
"even though i pushed you away?"
"yea."
"so what are you trying to say justin?"
"kai...i really want to be with you. when i said the other day that you were my girl i meant it. i want to protect you and make sure that no one ever hurts you again.you are an amazing woman and you deserve someone who's gonna really love you."
"someone like you?"
"yea."
she reached over the table and held my hands.she stared at them. "you have big hands..."
"i guess."
she looked up "i want to be with you too."
i smiled and kissed her. "youre not going to regret it kai. i promise."
"you better not hurt me timberlake. i mean it. im giving you my heart but i need you to protect it with all youve got."
"i promise i will." i kissed her again.
*
Kailey williams.
i walked back into my apartment a few days later only to find justine sitting on my couch.
"justine what the  hell are you doing here?"
"were you out with him all day?"
"why?"
"what do you mean why? listen if you want this plan to work you better start being more clear about your plans."
"teenie i was just working on the plan ok? and ive got him just where i want him. now can you go home? i have to shower and whatnot."
"alright. ill talk to you later ok?"
"alright see ya girl."
as soon as i closed the door i felt an overwhelming amount of guilt. i knew that it was all a lie but that didnt stop me from feeling guilty justin was an amazing guy and he didnt deserve for me to even pretend that i was in on this.
*
justin timberlake.
i walked into the house and sighed.
"well well well. where have you been?"
"out."
"with kai?"
"you owe me."
"you didnt."
"i did. i believe it was a hundred?"
"yes it was."
as soon as my fingers touched the money i felt guilty. kai didnt deserve for me to be doing this. and i promised her i would take care of her. but instead what do i do? i go behind her back and use her to get a quick hundred.
*
"hello?" her groggy voice came on the line.
"hey baby."
"hi juss. whats going on?"
"nothing...just wanted to call you. did i wake you up?"
"yea baby you kinda did."
"im sorry. i just wanted to hear from you. i havent talked to you since we went out to eat."
"sorry i was a little busy."
"its ok i understand. i just wanted to hear your voice."
"justin you are so amazing."
"i know...i know..."
"and you sooo just ruined it."
i laughed. "i was kidding."
"i was hoping."
"do you want me to let you get back to sleep?"
she yawned "no its ok"
"no its not. youre yawning. ima let you go ok?"
"ok. bye juss."
"bye kai."
*
kailey williams...
that night all i could think about was justin. his eyes, his face, his body, his heart, and most importantly, the way he makes me feel.  i dont think i slept much, but in the morning i still felt well rested. it was like a high i could never come down from. well, at least i thought i could never come down from.
i walked out of my apartment early, hoping to surprise justin with breakfast, but only came face to face with justine as she was coming towards me. "hey teenie!"
"hello. going out? i thought today was your day off? i thought we could go to the mall."
"oh...im sorry teenie i made some plans already."
"oh really?"
"yea."
"with timberlake."
"yea. you know teenie if you only saw the was i have him wrapped around my finger youd be proud."
"good. well then go on...and call me later ok?"
"k."
i sighed once i knew she was out of reach. these lies had to stop.i just couldnt take it anymore. everytime i made a commment like that to teenie i felt so awful. justin doesnt deserve this. i have to put an end to this.
*
i knocked on justins door and smiled when i saw his groggy smile.
"hey hun." i kissed him.
"shouldnt  you be sleeping too?"
"nope. i woke up early today."
"oh what joy."
"if you want ill go back home and eat this breakfast all alone."
"depends...what is it."
"well i was going to make you some chocolate ship pancakes but now you can just forget it darling."
"how about you come on in and we can make it together?"
i smiled. "i think id like that."
i walked inside. "well i must say timberlake...you have some nice abs...you must have been hitting the gym good. now i dont know how i feel about you shaving your chest...or wax whatever it is you do."
he smiled. "so you like my body?"
i wrapped my arms around him. "i love your sexy body."
i winked as i sat down on the couch. "why dont you go get comfortable so we can start cookin'?"
"sounds like a plan. i think i might take a shower too... a cold one. remotes on the table."
i smiled. "ok."
            thirty minutes later justin walked down clad in a pair of jeans and a wife-beater. i smiled. "now if you could only take the shirt off things would be perfect."
"you know youre a little excited this morning arent you."
"nope. just happy."
"same diffrence. so are you ready to cook?"
"sure thing." we walked into the kitchen and justin turned to me.
"ok so what do you need?"
"umm... a pan, a big bowl, a spoon, a whisk...and i think thats it."
"ok." he started looking for stuff and i could help but be checking him out from behind.
"nice buns."
"fresh out of the oven baby" i laughed. "ok. anything else you need princess."
"thats queen to you juss."
"yea..." he said as he wrapped my arms around me. "the queen of my heart."
i smiled and kissed him. "you are something else."
"you wanna start cookin?"
i laughed. "yes i do."
*
"that was so good. girl where did you learn how to make pancakes like that?"
"i taught myself."
"really?"
"yep."
"like your mom didnt teach you?"
"my moms not exactly the best cook."
"oooh."
"so you have any plans for today?"
"not really. i have to stop by the studio before eight and look over some songs though."
"oh."
"but i have all day to spend with you."
"really?"
"yea."
"so what do you want to do?"
"anything as long as im with you."
i smiled. "why dont we watch a movie?"
"in the theatre?"
"no. here."
"oooh. whatcha wanna watch girl?"
i cocked an eyebrow up. "ooook.....i dunno...um...got any disney movies?"
"umm...mulan?" he paused and put the movie back. "no you dont wanna watch that."
"why not?"
"c'mon...a single woman at camp with all those men? there had to be some hanky panky going on there."
i threw a pillow at him. "justin! ok...how about snow white?"
"nope. not that one."
"and why not?"
"one woman...seven little men...do i have to explain further?"
"oh god...fine lets watch alladin...theres nothing wrong with that."
"a hot chick running around in skimpy clothes? i dont think so."
"jesus juss....ok bambi?"
"you and me baby aint nothing but mammals..." he began to sing.
i started hitting him with the pillows. "you are so sick!!!"
"ok ok!! damn woman i was just kidding."
i smiled. "oooh you have beauty and the beast?" my eyes lit up.
"yes..."
"can we watch that justin please?" i gave him my cutest face.
he smiled. "is that youre favorite?"
"yea...its my favorite disney movie."
"of course we can." he popped it into the dvd and sat on the couch. i took this as my cue and crawled into his arms.
"you know...i love the feeling of being in your arms."
"really? i love the feeling of holding you in my arms." he kissed me. "youre so beautiful kai."
"thanks justin. that means alot."
"im glad."
for the next hour or so we watched beauty and the beast, justin forever amused at how heartfelt i thought the movie was.
"that was so good."
"how many times have you watched that?"
"i dunno...like a million. but i love it more and more each time. its so cute."
he smiled. "kinda like you." i blushed. "oh wha is this? did i put that redness in your cheeks?"
i kissed him. "you sure did."

Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4

With each passing day it was beginning to feel more and more like a burden to me. Well my secret that is. It was slowly killing me.
****
“so have you used the money yet?” jc asked as he walked into my room
“no. I haven’t.”
“don’t tell me you don’t know what to spend it on. I know you usually buy yourself a pair of jeans with the money you’ve gotten from other girls. Or I guess maybe go spend it on a night on the town.” Jc smiled sheepishly. “you know. Have a wild night.”
I rolled my eyes. “please…”
“no seriousy. You might as well enjoy your money on one hot piece of-“
“JOSH!” i didn’t think I could take anymore of jcs suggestions. It was bad enough that the money was sittingin my wallet. Like a fat load of bricks.
“well excuse me.”
“its different with her josh. I never even wanted to make that fucking bet man.”
“youre falling in love with her aren’t you?”
“I wish I could say I wasn’t. I didn’t think I was going to love again after…but here I am and I love kailey so much.”
“don’t you think youre over thinking it? I mean you and her just met. How do you know she even feels the same.”
“its just…” I sighed. “I cant even begin to explain the feelings I get when im around her. I cant sleep at night if I don’t know shes ok. And the feeling of anger that I felt when I knew someone else was hurting her? I felt like I could kill a man.”
“that’s another thing Justin. She just got out of a relationship. How do you know she’s not just using you to get back at her ex? Its too soon for you to expect her to actually fall in love again.”
“she never loved him.”
“rumor has it they were high school sweethearts.”
“she stayed with him out of fear! That’s not fucking love!”
Jc sighed and threw his hands up in the air. “don’t say I didn’t warn you if it ends up that shes using you for her own benefit.”
“you don’t know kai like I do josh. Shes not like that. Kai would never hurt someone like that.”
“Justin you’ve only known her for what, half a year? You knew Britney years. And look what she did to you.”
“kai’s different.”
“don’t be surprised if shes not all what she seems to be.”
“why are you doing this to me? Why are you fucking torturing me?”
“Justin I’m trying to make you open your fucking eyes! You’re falling way too fast and you’re going to get your heart shattered.”
“why don’t you let me worry about that.”
“so what are you going to do? Confess that you used her to get a quick buck?”
“no.”
“well then you don’t love her obviously. You don’t lie to someone you love”
“I’m not lying. I’m just leaving something out.”
“uh huh…”
“well then what are you going to do with the money. After all, it is dirty.”
“I think ill burn it. Now get out.”
Jc smiled and walked out. It seems as thought his young friend still had a lot to learn about love.
*
“its me baby.” I heard the familiar voice through the intercom and I smiled.
“k. c’mon up j.”
I smiled when I heard a knock on my door a few moments later.
“hey baby.” He kissed me and smiled. “hows it going?”
“its going…been trying to write a song all day but I have such writers block.” I sighed. “its killing me.”
“you know what I think?”
“what do you think timberlake?”
“I think youre stressed baby. And we need to cure that. We need you to be relaxed.”
“and how are we going to unstress me?”
“I don't know. That’s what I came here to talk to you about.”
“oh really?”
“yes really. I was thinking about throwing a little get together.”
“oh?”
“uh huh…” he started playing with my hands. “like maybe a barbecue or a pool party. Nothing special.”
“hmmm. Sounds fun I guess.”
“not in the mood to socialize?”
“I don't know…I guess I need to take a break.”
“you deserve it baby.”
I smiled. “so when are you planning on doing this?”
“this weekend? I don't know.  I have to talk to Johnny and see when we can all take a day off.”
I smiled. “you know this sounds like it might be fun. Itll be my first nsync get together.”
“because you swear on your life we all just get together all the time.”
“uh huh.”
“you must have it so stereotypicaly set up in your head.”
“I can picture it.cheesy music and everything. But you guys seem really close. Very hard working. Good chemistry.”
“yea. Its great to love the people you work with.”
“I suppose it must be. I wouldn’t know. If Johnny keeps pushing me he’ll be on my hate list.” I winked.
“and im going to suppose that that’s not a good place to be?”
“defintetly not.”
“am I on the opposite list?”
“youre right up top baby.” I kissed him.
“youre on the top of many of my lists.”
“and god knows I don't wanna know what they all are.”
He smiled. “so are you up for it?”
“sure why not its been a while since ive been to a get together type thing.”
“you can invite your friends if you want.”
“I think we should do it a day their working.”
“you know sometimes I wonder if their even your friends.”
“don't get me wrong. Its not that their not like im talking about them behind their back. Im not that kind of person. And our so called friendship…well its complicated.”
“ok well lets not talk about it then. I want you to be happy and think happy things. We don't need to invite tenie.”
I smiled and kissed him. “thank you.”
“for?”
“not pushing me to talk about it. And for wanting me to be happy.” I felt tears start to burn in my eyes and I couldn’t believe how silly I was being. But me being a woman and all I couldn’t help the emotional-ness that was coming over me.
He smiled and wrapped his arms around me. “aww baby its not reason for you to get emotional. I just want to see a smile on that beautiful face of yours.”
“I know but you don't know how much it means to me Justin. It seems like ive never had a guy be so concerned about me and you have no idea how much it means.” I smiled and wiped away my tears. “look at how silly im being. Im sorry.”
“baby theres no need to apologize. But you don't have to worry with me. There wont be a day when I wont be concerned and there wont be a day when I wont be loving and caring. I can promise you that.”
I smiled. “thank you baby. Its nice to know I got one of the only good men out there. Not to mention how cute you are.”
“I know…I know.”
“and how you just completely ruined it.”
He winked. “you know how I do.”
*

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=10488