For the Girl by Innocent Girl 16



Summary: What 19 year-old college student wouldn’t be happy, especially when her family has money, her parents adore her, she has a job she loves, and she plays soccer at a large university? Even though Madison Smith has all these things, she lacks the one thing she needs and wants the most. After being hit with a huge decision that will change her life forever, Madison also finds out that someone very close to her is hurting. What will Madison decide and who is this person? In the mix of everything an ex-boyfriend tries to ruin what Madison has tried to forget. What will happen between Madison’s old boyfriend and her family? Will Madison finally find true happiness or will she be living behind a wall for the rest of her life?
Rating: PG-13
Categories: Long Stories
Characters: Justin Timberlake
Genres: Drama
Warnings: adult language, sexual situations
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 05/31/04
Updated: 05/31/04


Index

Chapter 1: Introductions
Chapter 2: Action and Consequences
Chapter 3: Meet N Greet
Chapter 4: Three Letter Word
Chapter 5: Old Times
Chapter 6: Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 7: Endings


Chapter 1: Introductions

Madison Smith had just gotten off the phone with her father when she realized that she had to get going. She gathered her soccer things and got into her car. As she drove, she began to think about her love life.
"I have no one to call my own. No one to be there for me or me for them when something happens," Madison began to cry, "why can't I find someone who wants me for me and not for my name and my father's money?" Madison said soon becoming aware that people in the other cars were beginning to look at her. After parking her car, Madison went to her team's locker room to get ready for the game.
"Hey Madi!" Sam, one of her teammates yelled to her as she walked into the room.
"Hey Sam," Madison said trying to get her cleats on.
"Madi, you can't get like this before a game."
"I know, but I…"
"You talked to your Dad and Derek was there and he said something and it got you thinking didn't it?"
"Yeah, you know me way to well."
"Ladies, gather round please," their coach yelled to them. During the game, Madison would occasionally glance up in the stands to look at her Mother. Her Mom stood out from every other soccer player's parents. Madison's Mom was dressed in a sold black pants suit, with black heels, and a cell phone glued to her ear.
"Hey great game Madison!" her mother said while hugging her, "honey is there something wrong?"
"Mom, did you even watch the game or were you too busy talking on your cell phone and looking at your laptop?"
"Honey I am sorry. Do you want to go and get that Mercedes that I want you to have? I'm sure that while we're there, we can trade in your car and get the convertible."
"Mom, do you understand that I like the car I have and every time Dad or you do something you can't buy me off?"
"Madison, I am sorry but I have to go."
"Fine Mom."
"I'll be home later honey. I love you."
"I love you too Mom," Madison said to herself as her Mom drove off.
~*~Meanwhile~*~
"Mr. Smith, we think that we have put together the best campaign for the Super Bowl commercials. It includes a list of well-known celebrities," Derek said standing up and walking around.
"Ok, but who are these celebrities Derek?"
"Well sir, we were thinking along the lines of targeting the age range of 16-24 year olds. So we thought of some people who are also in those age ranges and thought that they would be great. They include: Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Nsync."
"Derek this is perfect. I love it. Please get me the numbers for their managers and agents on my desk by tomorrow morning. Now meeting is adjourned," Mr. Smith said getting out of his chair and walking out of the conference room.
"I've got him right where I want him. Now all I have to do is to get his daughter to marry me and the company is mine," Derek said rubbing his hands together.
"Lindsey, will you please turn that down?" Madison said walking into her little sister's room.
"Madi, I thought that you liked Nsync? I was trying to cheer you up."
"Oh Linds I do like them, but see I have a huge test tomorrow and it was just a little distracting."
"I'm sorry Madison," Lindsey said hugging her older sister.
"Hey, why don't we take a break and go get some ice cream?"
"Yay! Madi, you're the best sister in the world," Lindsey said jumping up and down on her bed. While the girls went to get ice cream, Madison found out that her Mom had not been taking Lindsey to school in the mornings. This made Madison furious, because her Mom was letting her work get in the way of Lindsey's schooling. So Madison told Lindsey that she would take and pick her up from school everyday until the end of the school year. After they got home, Madison put Lindsey to bed and then she went back to studying. A few hours later, she heard her parents come into the house. Not wanting to talk to them, she quickly got into bed and pretended like she was asleep. She heard her parents open her door to check on her.
"Robert look at her. I didn't tell you that she got mad at me at her game today. I was trying to do business and watch her game, but I blocked the game out and before I knew it, it was over."
"Mary, I know. She and I had words on the phone today too. But the fact of the matter is that she is in college and she is busy and so are we. I think she is just getting some things off of her mind. Just let her be for a day or two and she will be ok," Robert said to his wife, "come on honey, lets go check on Lindsey," he said closing her door and Madison soon fell asleep.
"Madison, honey its time to wake up," her Mom said as she gently shook her awake.
"Mom, what are you doing home?"
"I am going in later today."
"Mom, are you serious? Are you feeling alright?" Madison said sitting up in her bed.
"Yes honey. Your father and I had a talk last night. I am going to be going in later and cutting back on my office hours, and I will be off for all of Lindsey and your games. But I do need your help with Lindsey. I just need you to pick her up after school and then drop her off her at my offices if you have a game or practice."
"Ok, I can do that."
"Thank you, and another thing do you want to have lunch today, Lindsey, you and me?"
"Yeah, that sounds good."
"Ok, will you pick Linds up at 12 and then just come to the office and we will leave from there."
"Sure Mom."
"Lindsey come on, we have to get going. Bye honey," her Mom said walking out of her room.
"Bye Mom. Bye Lindsey, have a good day!" Madison yelled down to her little sister.
"Bye Madison!" Lindsey yelled back.
Madison got up and got ready for her class. She was running down the stairs when she heard her father on the phone in his office. She decided to stop by and say hello to him. During a break in his conversation, Madison said hello.
"Good morning Dad."
"Hi Madison," he said before picking the phone back up. He went on with his conversation until he noticed Madison still in his office.
"Madison, do you have a problem?"
" No sir."
"Good, now go to school," he said shooing her out the door. Madison went to school, took her test and was walking towards her car. As she got closer to it, she noticed someone leaning against it.
"What the hell is he doing here?" she asked herself. As Madison unlocked her doors and stated putting her stuff into her car a hand grabbed her arm and spun her around.
"Hello Madison."
"Derek, let me go!" Madison said trying to get loose.
"Madison what we had was special, why don't you go out with me?"
"We had nothing Derek. You raped me!"
"Madison you better keep your mouth shut. Do you remember what I told you would happen if you told anyone?" he said tightening his grip on her arm.
"If you ever touch Lindsey, you'll regret it!" Madison said getting loose and getting into her car, locking her doors and almost hitting Derek on her way out.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Action and Consequences

Madison picked up Lindsey from school and met their Mom at her office. They went in quickly to get her and then they all got into the car and drove to lunch. When they got to the restaurant they ordered their food and hardly anyone said a word to one another. As
the girls waited for their food, Mary watched her two daughters and wondered how they were going to react to her news.
"Girls, I have some good news?"
"Is it good for the company?" Madison asked, "sorry Mom, I was just kidding."
"Its good for both us and the company. Your Father has invited some special guests to dinner tomorrow night on the yacht. You two are expected to be in attendance."
"Ok Mom, but who are these special guests and what time do we have to be there?"
"The yacht is setting off at 4pm and they special guests are a surprise."
"Mommy, do I get to wear a dress?" Lindsey asked with a smile on her face.
"Yes honey you do." Soon after their conversation the food came and they ate. After lunch was over, they drove back to the office where Lindsey stayed with her Mom and Madison went to soccer practice. After practice got over, Madison went to her coach's office.
"Coach Adams, can I talk to you for a second?"
"Of course Madison, what's up?"
"I was wondering what we are doing at practice tomorrow?"
"Is something wrong?"
"No sir. Its just that my Father has some important guests coming to dinner tomorrow night and I am supposed to be there."
"Madison, you know my rules."
"Yes sir, I do."
"Well you haven't ever missed anything, why don't you come in early at 2 and we will do some drills for an hour and then you will be able to leave at 3."
"Thank you Coach."
"Its no problem, now get out of here and go home."
"Ok, bye Coach."
"Bye Madison." As Madison was driving home her cell phone started ringing.
"Hello?"
"Madison, its Autumn, do you think that you can come into work tonight?"
"Yeah, I'm on my way." Madison quickly made a right turn and headed towards her work. She pulled up to her work and went inside.
"Autumn, what's up?"
"Hey, we're just short handed tonight. Do you mind if I put you at the register?"
"No that's fine, let me just go and change." Madison changed clothes and went to the register and started checking people out.
"Autumn, why are there so many people in the mall tonight?"
"There is some band having a signing at Virgin."
"Ah I see now."
*Ring* *Ring*
"Banana Republic, this is Madison. How may I help you?"
"How may you help me? Hmm, you're very pretty Madison."
"How do you know what I look like?"
"Because I am across at Virgin."
"Who are you?"
"Look across at the table," he said waving his hand at her.
"Oh my, you're Justin Timberlake."
"Last time I checked that's what my underwear said," he said making Madison laugh and the other guys to look at him funny.
"So Madison, what time do you get off?"
"Eleven."
"Good, I get out of here at 10 and then we are bombarding your store until 11. Is that ok with you?"
"Yeah, we'll have the store ready for you."
"Thank you Madison."
"Welcome, bye," Madison said hanging up the phone. Madison explained to Autumn what was going to take place and by 10 the store was cleared out and the gates were down, to allow Nsync to shop in privacy.
"Hey, can we shop now?" Chris said getting walking into the store.
"Yes you can, the men's section is right this way," Autumn said leading them to the back of the store.
"Excuse me Autumn right?" Joey asked flirtatiously.
"Yes."
"May I have a fitting room?"
"Sure right this way."
"I think we are ready to check out, well at least I am," Justin said walking up to Madison.
"Ok, here I'll take those up to the front."
"Good, I'll come up there with you and I'll carry my clothes."
"So can I ask you why you are in St. Louis?" Madison said scanning his clothes.
"Sure but you have to answer my question too."
"Ok."
"We are in St. Louis doing a couple of signings, radio interviews and we have this huge meeting tomorrow night."
"That's cool."
"Yeah, so now for my question."
"Justin, let's go. We gotta get back to the hotel," JC yelled to him.
"Here's your receipt," she said handing it to him, "it was nice meeting you."
"You too. I guess I gotta go. Bye Madison."
"Bye Justin."
Autumn closed the doors and gates and the girls quickly cleaned up and balanced their drawers and went home. When Madison got home at 12:30, she noticed that her Father's office light was on.
"I'm not going to bother him, he's probably busy," Madison thought as she walked down the hallway to the staircase. As she passed her Father's office, she couldn't help but look in at her Father.
"Madison, will you come in here for a minute?"
"Sure Dad."
"Madison I am sorry for earlier this morning."
"Dad its ok, I understand that you are under a lot of pressure lately."
"Yes I do. You are my daughter and I sure as hell don't treat you like it. I promise that we will spend more time together after this campaign."
"How Dad?"
"Derek is going to be taking over some of my responsibilities."
"Dad, no! Do not do that. Please! It's a family business and he doesn't deserve it," Madison said jumping out of her chair.
"Honey he does deserve it and he is qualified for it. The only other person that is qualified and that I trust is you, but you have told me from the beginning that you don't want to use our name or company to excel in the world."
"Dad, I'll do it. I'll take the job. Whatever I ever said about this, just throw it out the window."
"Madison you know that this is going to be a very demanding job. You are going to have to give it all your time and effort."
"Yes Sir, I do. I will finish out this semester and then I will work for you during the day and take night classes," Madison said looking at her Father straight in the eye.
"Go to bed now, Madi. You look exhausted."
"Ok, night Dad."
~*~The next morning~*~
*Ring *Ring*
"Hello?" Madison asked half asleep.
"Madison this is Kathryn. You're Father would like to see you in his office at 9am, to go over some things with you."
"Ok, thank you," she said hanging up the phone and jumping in the shower. As Madison got ready she couldn't get Justin off of her mind.
"I wonder what he is doing right now? He probably doesn't even remember me," Madison said laughing. Shortly after leaving her house Madison pulled up to her Fathers garage parked her car and then went inside to his office.
"Madison good morning. Thank you for coming in so early."
"No problem, I just have to leave here at 12:30, to go to practice."
"Honey, that is another thing that I wanted to talk to you about. I think that with this job, you're not going to have enough time to play soccer or even take night classes. So I think that the best thing would be to finish the season and then give up your scholarship."
"I understand Dad."
"Your office and job will be waiting for you at the beginning of the year in January."
The rest of the day Madison did some paperwork for her Father and also ran some errands before going to practice. Her practice went quickly and before she knew it she was picking up Lindsey from school and driving them to the docks.
"Madi, did you pick out some cool clothes for me to wear tonight?"
"Of course I did Linds. Your matching skirt and shirt are in the back in the bag."
"Thanks Madi."
"Welcome Linds. Now come on we need to go get ready."
"You need to take a shower, you smell yucky," Lindsey said while walking on the boat and making all the employees laugh.
"Thanks Linds." At about 4:10, Madison felt the yacht take off and knew that they had to get to the deck soon. Madison got ready and then noticed that Lindsey was trying to do her own hair with the small clips.
"Linds, are you ready to go?"
"No, I can't get my hair to look nice. Will you help me?"
"Sure, sit down." Meanwhile above deck all the guests were getting acquainted with one another and Robert was introducing his special guests to his wife.
"Mary, where are those two daughters of mine?"
"They are just finishing getting ready. Madison had soccer so she had to get washed up. Lindsey told her that she smelled when they got on the boat in front of all the employees,"
Mary laughed as well as the guests. Soon after the girls were finished and headed above deck to meet their Fathers guests.
"Madison, Lindsey I'd like you to meet our guest tonight," Robert said waving his girls towards him. As they walked towards their Father, they could not see the faces of the guests. When they reached their Father, they both turned around and Madison had an instant smile on her face.
"Madison and Lindsey, I would like to introduce you to Nsync. Now Linds, please do not scream ok?"
"I won't Daddy."
"Hey guys, nice clothes," Madison said laughing. The guys looked down and noticed that they were wearing the clothes that they had bought last night at her store.
"Thanks Madison. By the way you two look very nice too," JC said pointing to the two girls.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, dinner is being served in the dining room."
"Mary, why don't we lead the way," Robert said offering his arm to his wife.
"Lindsey, may I escort you to the dining room?" Chris asked with a huge smile on his face. Lindsey looked up at her sister with a questioning look on her face and Madison just nodded and Lindsey accepted Chris's offer.
"Now where do you think you're going?" Justin asked grabbing her arm and pulling her back.
"No where."
"Good, may I?" He asked offering his arm to her.
"Yes you may," she said as they followed everyone to the dining room. During dinner everyone was quiet until Mr. Smith striked up a conversation.
"Madi, how did you and Nsync know each other? I don't remember you meeting them."
"Oh well, they came into the store last night and I helped them."
"I see."
"Well since everyone is finished with dinner I have a couple of announcements and things to say," Robert said standing up, "first of all I want to say thank you to everyone who came tonight, Mr. Wright, Miss. Bell, Justin, JC, Chris, Joey and Lance. I would also like to
thank everyone who put this together, Derek, Mark, Linda, Amy, and Peter," Robert said pointing to each of them and receiving applause, "my first announcement is one that I am very pleased to be a part of. This January we will be launching a new campaign with the help of Nsync. Along with Nsync will be Dale Earnhardt, Jr., and many other people. Each representative will have a commercial during the Super Bowl," everyone was very surprised and happy, "my second announcement is one that has made me very happy," Robert
said coming and standing behind Madison, "my daughter Madison has decided to join the company after this semester. She will be President of Promotions and my assistant. Madison will be head of this campaign and see over all the commercial shoots." After her Father announced this to the whole room, everyone applauded her and all she could do was sit there with a fake smile

Back to index


Chapter 3: Meet N Greet

After the announcements everyone got up and went to the dock of the yacht to mingle and dance to the live band. Robert escorted his family to the other room where he kept a tight hold on Madison. He showed her off and made her meet everyone that he could possibly know.
"Dad, I am going to go and use the restroom."
"Ok, but hurry back honey." Madison walked past the restrooms and all the way to the other end of the yacht. As Madison stood there she began to cry. Her tears just kept coming and she didn't care. As she stood there crying, she felt a hand on the small of her back, but she didn't feel harmed. She knew it was a caring person. She turned around and saw Justin standing there with a look of sadness. He quietly and quickly hugged her and tried to calm her down. After Madison calmed down she pulled away from Justin to be able to talk to him.
"How did you know that I was out here?"
"I saw you walk out and I followed you.
"Thank you"
"Madison I can tell in your eyes that you don't want this job, why are you taking it?" Justin asked looking into her now bloodshot blue eyes.
"I have to take this job. It doesn't matter if I want it or not. I have to do this for my Father."
"Why Madison?"
"Justin it is too complicated and I don't want to get you involved, I just have to."
"Ok, Madison," he said pulling her back towards him. Madison and Justin sat down and talked the rest of the night getting to know one another better. By the time the yacht was ready to dock, they knew almost everything about each other, except for certain things that Madison didn't tell him.
"Madison, it was a pleasure getting to know you. I hope we can hang out when we are in St. Louis again."
"I would like that a lot. I had a lot of fun just talking with you."
"So did I. Can I have your number so I can call you sometime?"
"Sure I would like that," Madison said rambling off her number to him as he put it his cell phone.
"Thank you Justin," Madison said giving him a kiss on the cheek. The two walked back to the room just as Mr. Smith was giving his goodbye speech. After his speech, everyone exited the boat and Justin escorted Madison and Lindsey to their car.
"Goodbye Lindsey, it was nice meeting you."
"Bye Justin," she said waving her finger at him to get closer, "Madison likes you, I can tell. Give her a kiss," She said jumping into the car quickly.
"Do you know what your sister just told me?"
"No what?"
"She said that you liked me and that I should kiss you. Is this true?" Justin asked bringing her face closer to his.
"Well, yeah."
"Good that's what I wanted I hoped for," Justin said right before he kissed her. Madison was a little surprised but very happy. After a minute or two, Justin broke the kiss and kissed her head before he ran to his honking limo. Madison got into her car, smiled at her sister and drove home.
The next couple of months went by very quickly and before Madison knew it she was sitting in her office going over some paper work for the next commercial shoot. Madison was hard at work, when he secretary interrupted her.
"Madison, Mr. Wright is on the line two for you."
"Thank you Diane."
"Mr. Wright this is Madison, what can I do for you?"
"Madison please call me Johnny. I was calling to talk to you about Justin's birthday. See his 22nd birthday is coming up on the 31st and we are throwing him a birthday party. We wanted to have the party on Feb. 2nd, which is a Friday night. Do you think that you will be able to make it?"
"Johnny, I would love to come. As of right now I have to work but I will be able to get out a half day and make it there in time."
"Good, now I wanna keep this a secret from Justin and the rest of the guys. There's no telling who will be the one to spill it to him, so it's just between the two of us."
"Ok, well just call me when you have all the details."
"I will, thank you Madison."
"No thank you Johnny and see you on Saturday for the shoot."
"Welcome, see you then." Madison heard him say and then she hung up the phone. It was now Wednesday and Madison had left work to go and take her mother to the oncologist for her weekly appointment and then back home. The next day Madison was flying to Orlando to supervise the last commercial shoot. Saturday came and soon enough Madison was at the location sitting in her chair going over paperwork, when Justin came up and sat down next to her.
"Hey Madi"
"Hey Justin, what's up?"
"Nothing just waiting for the rest of the guys."
"That's cool," she said never looking up from her papers.
"Madi, what's wrong?" he said making her look at him.
"Justin she is getting worse, everyday. The doctor said that she might not even make it to the summer."
"Oh Madison, I am so sorry."
"Justin that's not even half of what's wrong, there is more I need to tell you."
"All actors and Nsync on set!" the director yelled.
"Madi, we will talk right after this I promise," he said kissing her cheek and running off. And sure enough right after the shoot was done at 4am, Madison and Justin were sitting in her hotel room finishing up breakfast. At this point Madison wasn't talking so Justin tried to get her to talk.
"Madi, talk to me please?" Madison gave him a look and walked out onto the balcony with Justin following her concerned.
"Justin what I want to tell you is very hard for me to talk about. No one else has heard me tell them this. The first time we met and talked on the yacht, you asked me if I had ever dated anyone and I told you no. Well Justin I lied."
"Honey that is ok."
"No its not. It's a lot more complicated than that. I dated this guy for about 9 months. We were happy and I thought I was in love. We did everything together and Lindsey adored him. He was 3 years older than I was, so he was 21 and I was 18. And well he wanted to have sex with me one night and I told him no, that I wasn't ready. I could see the hurt in his eyes, but he said he would wait. Well the next week we were at his apartment watching TV and he snapped. He raped me and told me that I told anyone or went to the police that he would hurt Lindsey. And he also told me that my father would never believe me and that I would just make the family look like a humiliation," Madison finished crying the whole way through it.
"Madison who is this guy?" Justin asked now holding her in his arms.
"It was Derek. He used me to get the job from my father after he got out of college. And one day he said that he wanted to get married and I told him that I didn't love him that way and that's when he said that he was going to be my first, so my future husband or boyfriends could never have it."
"Is this why you never wanted to work at the company?"
"Yes and when my Dad said he was giving him a promotion, that's when I decided to join the company. So I am finished with school and I gave up soccer."
"Madison, why?"
"Because Justin, Derek cannot move up in the company. That is all part of his little plan. He wants to take over the company and fire all of my relatives that work there. His family didn't make this company a success, mine did and he's not going to live in the glory of it," Madison finished and then got up to go answer her door. As Madison answered the door, she was surprised to see her Father standing on the other side.
"Good morning Madison," her Father said coming in.
"Dad, good morning, but what are you doing here?"
"Well I was on my way to New York and I thought that you would join me, you always said it was your favorite city," he said noticing that Justin was also in the room.
"Oh I didn't know that you had company. Hello Justin."
"Good morning Mr. Smith."
"So Madi, are you coming with me to New York?"
"Sure Dad, let me get showered and packed, no more than 20 mins."
"OK, we'll wait for you out here." Madison went to go get ready and Robert (Mr. Smith) and Justin sat down at the table.
"Justin I know that you and my daughter like each other a lot. I want her to be happy because with the pressure that I am putting on her, the company, taking care of Lindsey and her mother. She needs someone who is going to be there for her. Can you promise me that
you will be there for her Justin?"
"Mr. Smith I love your daughter and I promise you that I will never hurt her."
"Have you told her that yet?"
"No Sir, not yet."
"I understand you don't want to rush things between the two of you and make it turn out like her last boyfriend."
"You know about her last boyfriend?" Justin asked very surprised.
"I overheard her crying one night and I asked her what was wrong and all she said that she was raped by some guy her last boyfriend after Derek. She didn't want to report it because she didn't want to ruin our family name or the company. I tried to get her to report it but she wouldn't budge."
"Ok Dad I am ready to go,” Madison said carrying out her suitcase.
"Ok honey I will go wait in the car for you," he said shaking hands with Justin and taking Madison's suitcase with him down to the car. Mr. Smith walked out the door and Justin walked over to Madison and took her face in his hands and kissed her deeply. As he pulled away, he whispered in her ear I love you.
"What?" Madison yelled, "you can't love me,” she said running out of the hotel room and down to the car.

Back to index


Chapter 4: Three Letter Word

Madison and her Father returned from New York that Friday and headed straight to the company. As Madison approached her secretary to get her messages, Derek stopped her.
"Madison, how was your mini vacation with your boyfriend?"
"None of you business," she said trying to get around him.
"Well you better tell lover boy to step off or else."
"Or else what?"
"You don't want to know."
"Oh yes I do Derek, because you don't understand you are never getting this company or me. I am going to run this company and then after me will be another member of my family. But I can assure you that you will never have power of this company!" Madison said
standing up to Derek and walking away.
"Good afternoon Madison. Here are your messages and your office is full of roses. Ten dozen were delivered everyday since Monday."
"Thank you Diane," Madison said walking in to her office. As soon as she stepped inside she was shocked to see all the flowers everywhere. She walked over to her desk where there was a card with her name on it. She opened it up and read it aloud.

Madison-
I am extremely sorry for the way that I hurt you. But I am certain that I do love you and have loved you since the first day I saw you. I thought the flowers would be a nice touch then me calling your phone and you not picking it up. If you get a chance and want to talk, I will be here for you.
Love always,
Justin


She put the card down and picked up her phone and dialed that number she knew by heart.
"Hello?" She heard him ask.
"Mr. Timberlake?"
"Madi, is that you?"
"Yes, thank you so much for the flowers."
"Madison I am so sorry for what I did, but I had to tell you how I felt and…"
"Justin stop explaining."
"Ok so…"
"I love you too," she blurted out and hung up the phone. Moments later her phone was ringing and she knew it was him.
"Yes Mr. Timberlake?"
"Miss Smith, did you really mean what you just said?"
"Of course I did."
"Awesome but one thing Madi. Tell me how it feels to be hung up on!" He laughed hanging up the phone.
"Justin, what the hell are you doing?" a very confused JC asked.
"Madison, called me told me she loved me and then hung up on me."
"Oh that's a nice way to treat the girl that you love," Chris said.
"But she started it," Justin whined.
"Whatever J"
The next couple of weeks, Madison was extremely busy getting ready for the big game. Nsync were busy promoting a new single and rehearsing for the half-time show. At very odd hours of the day and night for only a couple of minutes, were the two able to talk.
"Madison, will you please join me in my office to watch these commercials that have just come in?"
"Sure Dad, I'll be down in a minute," she replied through her speakerphone. Madison and Robert watched all of the commercials and were satisfied with all of them.
"Madison, can I ask you something?" her Father said with a concerned look on his face.
"Sure Dad."
"Honey, I have been sensing some tension between you and Derek. Is everything ok?"
"Yeah Dad, he's just mad because I am over him and I have Justin now."
"Are you sure that's it?"
"Yeah Dad, that's it," Madison said walking out of her Father's office. The Saturday before the big game, Justin was busy rehearsing all day and Madison was busy in meetings. Around midnight, Madison and Lindsey were flying to Tampa Bay. Lindsey was lying on the couch asleep while Madison was on the phone with her Mother.
"Mom, you should be asleep resting."
"How can I be resting when my two girls are on a plane?"
"Its ok Mom, we're on the jet and everything is fine."
"I know, but I still worry. Well your Father is telling me to get off the phone and go to bed, so goodnight honey."
"Night Mom, love you."
"Love you too honey. Bye." her Mom said hanging up. Madison sat down looking out the window sidetracked from her work. Shortly after she was back doing her work on her laptop. An hour or so later Madison was interrupted by her cell phone.
"This is Madison."
"Hey baby, what are you still doing up?"
"Justin! Working, but not anymore," she said pushing her laptop away.
"Good, are you still in the air?"
"Yes, I don't think we will get to our hotel till about 4am."
"Is Lindsey still awake?"
"No, she's been sleeping for a while now."
"Good, cause all I want to do is to please you unconditionally," Justin said, causing Madison to smile.
"Well, all I want to do is feel your smooth chest touching mine as I nibble on your ear and down your neck to your chest and…"
"Madi, stop. That's not fair. I was suppose to get you all hot not vice versa."
"Sorry Justin, but just thinking of you gets me turned on," Madison said giggling.
"Baby, I didn't know that I turned you on like that. What is it that turns you on so much?"
"Well it could be you great looking as…hair. Your hair," Madison blurted out very fast as Lindsey woke up and sat down next to her sister.
"My hair? What the hell are you smoking girl?" Justin asked very confused.
"Nothing."
"Madi, who are you talking to?" Lindsey asked laying her head on Madison's lap.
"Justin, do you want to talk to him?"
"Can I?"
"Sure. Justin someone wants to talk to you."
"Ok."
"Hi Justin!"
"Hey Lindsey, what's up?"
"Nothing."
"How is school going?"
"Not so good. I'm bad at math."
"Do you want some help?"
"Would you really help me?"
"Of course how about when we get some free time tomorrow or Monday?"
"Sure thanks Justin!" Lindsey said jumping up and dropping the phone in the process.
"Sorry, she dropped it."
"Its ok, I have to go Madi."
"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow."
"Yes you will. I love you sweetheart."
"I love you too Justin," Madison said hanging up the phone. After the phone call, Madison and Lindsey's plane landed and they were taken to their hotel where they both fell asleep from exhaustion.

Back to index


Chapter 5: Old Times

The next morning the two got up and had breakfast in their hotel room.
"Madi, is Justin coming to see you?" Lindsey asked taking a bite of her pancake.
"We'll see him when he performs today."
"Ok Madi." Lindsey and Madison finished their breakfast and decided to go shopping at a local mall in Tampa Bay. So the two got ready and left their hotel at 1. When they got to the mall, Madison took Lindsey to the music store, where she could get a new cd. As Lindsey was looking around Madison recognized another customer in the store.
"Excuse me Andrew, but I think that you still owe me $5, from a bet in grade school." Madison said casually bumping into him.
"Madison! Hey, I have missed you so much!" he said giving her a hug.
"How's it going?"
"Its still going, basketball is fun and the guys on the team are great."
"I try to listen to your games on the net, but I have to confess that I usually miss them. Lindsey always listens to them and then she prints out the stats and faxes them to me at my office."
"Your office? I thought you were going to school and playing soccer?"
"I was, but something came up in the company and I had to start working there."
"Speaking of the company, how are your parents?"
"Fine, they are both doing great."
"Madison I got my cd," Lindsey said handing it to Madison.
"This is Lindsey?" Andrew asked almost in shock.
"Yes it is."
"Wow, she is grown since I last saw her."
"Hi Andrew"
"Hey Linds, how are you?"
"I am fine."
"Good."
"Hey are you doing anything tonight?" Madison asked him.
"No, are you asking me out, cause I always knew you wanted to," he said laughing.
"Andrew no, I'm not asking you out. Lindsey and I have two extra tickets to the big game tonight. Do you and a friend like to come?"
"Of course I would. Thank you Madi,” he said giving her a kiss on the cheek, "I am going to go and call Mike to come with us."
"Linds, lets go pay for you cd." The two paid for the cd while Andrew made his phone call. After finding out that Mike could come Andrew and Lindsey led the way to Mike's house in his car with Madison following in the limo. After picking up Mike, they four got into the limo and drove to the stadium to have dinner in the restaurant.
"We're all full and will not have an open table for a while," the hostess said.
"Oh well I have reservations under Smith for 4pm."
"I don't see anyone with that name on here."
"Miss Smith, so nice to see you again. Let me show you to your table," the owner said motioning for them to follow him.
"What was that all about?" Andrew asked looking at his menu.
"I have no idea."
The four of them had a terrific dinner and around 6pm they were walking around the stadium, wasting time before the game. They looked at merchandise and other things to keep them occupied.
"Do you mind if we take a little detour?"
"No not at all." Madison led them to the restricted backstage part of the stadium where there were trailers upon trailers.
"Oh my, is that Britney Spears?" Mike yelled as he was hitting Andrew on the arm.
"Where?"
"There right there!"
"Mike, Andrew, why don't you just go and say hi?"
"No way!"
"Fine, excuse me Miss Spears!" Madison said calling over to her.
"Yes can I help you?"
"Hi I'm Madison Smith, President of Promotions for…"
"Oh yes I know you. Its nice to meet you."
"You too. In the next year our company would like to get in touch with you and create a promotion with you. I think that it would be a good thing for both of us."
"Wow, that would be awesome. Thank you."
"Oh, you're welcome, but I was wondering if you could do me a favor?"
"Sure."
"Well those two boys over there are too shy to come and say hi and I was wondering if you would just say hi to them?"
"Ah, I see. Yes of course I will," Britney said walking over to them. Madison stood there and watched their reactions and then walked over to them.
"Madi, its 6:30 do you want to go to our seats?" Lindsey asked.
"Yeah you guys go ahead, I have someone else I need to talk to."
"Ok come one Linds, you want a piggy-back ride?" Andrew asked as he lifted Linds on her back. Madison watched the three walked away and then she walked to Nsync's
trailer. She lightly knocked hoping that Justin was there and much to her surprise Justin opened the door and invited her inside.
"Hey baby," Justin said giving her a kiss.
"Hey what's up?"
"Nothing, just getting ready for the show."
"You look very cute."
"I do?"
"Yeah you do"
"Well thank you."
"You're welcome. So where are the rest of the guys?"
"Oh they went to go and get something to eat.
"Why didn't you go?"
"Because I saw you out and there and I knew that you would come knocking on my door."
"Oh you did, did you?"
"Well yeah, I know that you can't stay away from me for too long or else you get antsy and you have to feel your lips on mine."
"Sometimes I get that way."
"So have you gotten that way lately?"
"You know what, no I haven't!"
"Whatever you know you have," Justin said picking her up and throwing her on the couch, where he started tickling her.
"Stop!"
"No way!"
"Yes way, come on Justin"
"Fine"
"Thank you," Madison said getting up and pinning Justin down by sitting on his legs.
"What is this?"
"Payback Justin!" Madison said as her cell phone rang.
"Its almost game time, are you coming or do I need to send a search and rescue team out for you?" Drew asked laughing.
"No Andrew, I'll be there in 5 minutes."
"Ok, but just remember that I'm not responsible for giving Lindsey sugar!" Drew said quickly hanging up.
"Who's Andrew?" Justin asked still in the same position.
"Andrew is a childhood friend who I invited to the game."
"Oh that's cool."
"Yeah, well I am going to go."
"Ok, I will call you after the game."
"Ok, I love you."
"I love you too," he said kissing her goodbye.
The game went by fairly quick and before Madison knew it was half time. Nsync performed solo and then the last song they did with Nelly. At the end of the game there was a party that Madison had to attend so Andrew and Mike took Lindsey back to Mike's house so she wouldn't be out late. Around 10:30, as Madison was leaving the party her cell rang.
"Hello?"
"Hey, where are you?"
"I'm in the car on the way to get my sister from Mike's house."
"Ok, well do you mind if I tag along?"
"No of course not. Where are you?"
"Right next to you in the Yukon."
"Driver, please stop for a moment. Someone is getting in."
"Yes Ma'am," he said unlocking the doors. Justin quickly ran out of his car and to hers.
"Thank you," he said sitting down next to Madison, "Hi," he said giving her a kiss.
"Hey, great performance tonight."
"Thanks, I hoped you were going to like it. So where does Mike live?"
"It's about 20 minutes away. I had to go to that party and Andrew volunteered to baby-sit her."
"That was nice of him."
"Yeah it was."
"So I want to know more about Andrew if you don't mind."

Back to index


Chapter 6: Trouble in Paradise

"I met him in pre-school and we became friends. We then went to the same grade school and then he went to one high school and I went to another one. During high school we talked as much as we could which was like twice a week if that. But for all the dances that we each had at our schools, we went with each other as friends. I had started dating Derek the summer before our senior year and Drew didn't like it at all. Then our senior year I switched schools to his and you think we would have been inseparable, but we didn't talk at all. So that whole year we basically shut each other out. He played basketball and I was played soccer. I never meant to push Drew out of my life by dating Derek but I did and I regret that so much. All the dances our senior year I went with Derek and Drew went with a girl that had been trying to get with him since freshman year. Every time I would see him in the hallways, she would be all over him and he would have this indescribable look on his face. One day I came into school with bruises on my legs and arms. I tried hiding them from Drew but he saw them and took me outside and made me tell him what happened," Madison said wiping the tears away, "so I told him the truth that Derek raped me and I got them from him. Well he was furious and wanted to kick his ass but didn't. So after that Drew would pick me up for school, walk me to soccer, and take me home at night until the end of the year. Our senior prom was about 3 weeks after this happened and I was planning on going with Derek but not after what he did, so I didn't even bother asking anyone, cause I knew everyone was taken. So the day of the prom Drew and his Mom showed up at my work very early at like 9am. They got me out of work, took me dress shopping, well not really. Drew's Mom had a dress made for me and it was elegant and my dream dress. Then I got my hair and make-up done and then when I got to my house, all of my friends were there. My parents had hired a photographer and gotten the limo and flowers. It was a great day and I felt loved from everyone. So after that everything between us was great and we were closer than ever. During the summer we hung out every chance we could but every other weekend he was going down to Florida to play basketball. I wouldn't leave my house when he was gone, unless it was with my parents because I was scared of Derek. And then Drew moved to Florida in August and it tore me apart. I was staying here and he was leaving and this was the first time that we were going to be away from each other for more than a week. For the first month or so we talked but then we lost contact and this is the first time I have seen him since," Madison said finishing her story and looking at Justin.
"So you two didn't have any contact until today?"
"None and I wish we would have though. His Mom told me that he was going through some rough times and I wish I was there for him."
"Wow, so you two have quite a history together?"
"We do, but we know that no matter what happens we will always be friends and nothing more."
"I trust you. You don't have to explain yourself to me," he said caressing her face.
"Thank you Justin."
"You're welcome."
"I'm surprised that you aren't asleep yet. I am exhausted and all I did was sit there."
"I don't know why I'm not asleep yet. Oh wait yes I do, its because I am with you."
"Aw, that's so sweet."
When the limo pulled up to Mike's house, Justin went to go get Lindsey since Madison was sleeping. He walked to the door and lightly knocked and Drew came to the door.
"Hi, I'm Justin. I am here to pick up Lindsey."
"Hey, I am Drew. Its nice to meet you."
"Yeah you too, Madison has told me a lot about you."
"Lindsey, Justin is here," Drew called out to her. She walked into the room and straight to Justin, giving him a hug.
"Hi Justin!"
"Hey Lindsey," he said returning the hug.
"Thank you Drew for letting me hang out with you," she said giving him a little kiss on the cheek and a hug.
"You're welcome Lindsey," he said to her and she walked to the limo and got in.
"Thank you Drew, for watching her for Madison. She really appreciates it."
"Tell her anytime. I had fun."
"Well we better get going, thanks again."
"Hey Justin, can you do me a favor?"
"Sure."
"Can you give this to Madison for me please and will you tell her that I'm sorry for the past 6 months?" he said handing him a letter.
"Yeah man, I'll tell her."
"Thanks," he said shaking his hand.
"Welcome," Justin said turning around and walking to the limo. He got in and it pulled away, with Drew watching it the whole way until it was out of his view.
The next day Madison woke up and tried to move but she felt someone's arms around her. She turned around and saw Justin still sleeping next to her.
"God, he is so handsome, sweet, talented, and well-mannered. How the hell did I end up with him?" she asked herself in her mind. She continued to lie there and watch him sleep occasionally playing with his hair with her fingers.
"Excuse me," Justin said scaring her.
"Holy shit!" she yelled jumping away from him. Justin just sat there and laughed at her reaction.
"Why are you laughing at me? You scared the living shit out of me."
"Well you shouldn't have been playing with my hair, while I was sleeping."
"Sorry honey," she said scooting closer to him.
"Its ok. Did you sleep ok last night?"
"Yes, what girl wouldn't sleep peacefully in the arms of the man of her dreams?"
"The man of her dreams? Aww, babygirl that is so sweet. Come here," he said putting his hand on her chin and kissing her passionately. They continued kissing and Justin put his hands up the back of her shirt and she continued to run her hands up and down his toned abs. Justin wanted to be in control so he rolled Madison on her back and deepened the kiss, and Madison gave a satisfying moan to tell him that she liked it. Justin stopped to let her catch her breath and for some reason he couldn't take his eyes off of hers the whole time. He knew exactly what she wanted and he wanted it to, but knew that they couldn't have it cause Lindsey was asleep in the next bedroom. Justin rolled off of Madison and laid next to her wrapping his arms around her.
"Madison, can I come in?" Lindsey asked knocking on the door.
"Sure Lindsey," she said sitting up in the bed. Lindsey walked into the room and jumped on the bed gave her sister a huge hug and then laid her head in her sister's lap. Madison played with her hair as they talked.
"Madi, what time are we leaving?"
"At 3, why?"
"Cause I don't want to go home. I want to stay here and hang out with Drew and Justin some more."
"Oh Madi, that reminds me. Drew asked me to give this to you and he wanted me to tell you that he was sorry for the past 6 months," Justin said handing her the letter that sat on the nightstand.
"Thanks Justin. Lindsey, you need to go and get a shower and get dressed. We have to leave for the airport in 2 hours and we still need to eat."
"Ok Madi, but will you do me a favor?"
"Sure, what is it?"
"Will you braid my hair for today?"
"Of course I will."
"Thank you," she said giving her big sister a kiss and then running out of the room.
"I think I am going to go and get a shower too," Justin said getting up.
"Ok honey. I'll be there in a minute," she said never taking her eyes off of the letter.
She carefully opened the envelope and unfolded the paper and started reading the letter.
"Madi. Hey, I am writing this to you because for the first time in my life I don't think that this is something that I can talk to you about. The last 6 months have been the hardest 6 months of my life. Around Christmas time I got really sick and my coaches thought that it was just a bad cold and they told me to take some cold medicine. Well it didn't get better and I continued to feel like shit. I would be so tired that I would sleep all day and I was looking so pale and nasty and I knew that something was wrong with my body. I went to the doctor and he ran a lot of blood test. God, this is so hard for me to tell you since I love you and care for you so much. But I have kidney failure and I am dying…" Madison stopped reading and broke down crying.
"No this cannot be happening to him! No!" she yelled and cried. Justin heard her yelling as he stepped out of the shower and he quickly got dressed and ran out to her.
"Madi, what's wrong?"
"Drew has kidney failure," she cried some more, "read the rest of it, I can't."
"Ok. Madi, please do not cry for me, its not going to help me get better. But there is something that you can do for me. Please go to the hospital in Orlando before you leave and get tested to see if your kidney matches mine. That way you can donate it to me, if you
want to, and then maybe I won't die. I am sorry that I didn't tell you sooner but I knew what was going on at home with your Mom and everything and I didn't want to worry about me. But I had to tell you now, because the doctors think that I might only have a couple of
months to live. I love you Madison and I always will. Just please promise me that you will go and get tested. Your best friend forever and ever- Drew." Justin finished reading.
"Shhh, honey. Its ok."
"I cannot believe this. Why are two of the most important people in my life dying? Why Justin?"
"I have no idea honey. Come on go get a shower and we'll go get you tested before we leave today."
"We?"
"Yes, I am coming with you back to STL, I don't want you to be alone right now."
Madison quickly got a shower while Justin ordered food for the three of them. When the food came Madison sat down and pretty much just picked at her food. She didn't want to worry her little sister so she just told her that she wasn't hungry. Madison packed her things and Justin helped Lindsey pack hers and they left the hotel at about 1pm. They drove to Orlando, which was about 1 hour and a half away. On the way Madison called the pilot and told him that they would be leaving later in the day. At 3pm, they arrived at the Orlando General Hospital. Justin decided that be better stay in the car with Lindsey
for two reasons, so he wouldn't get recognized and so Lindsey wouldn't be scared or anything. Madison walked into the ER and straight up to the nurse’s desk.
"I am sorry miss but any info about a patient I cannot give out," the nurse said not even looking up at Madison.
"I'm not here about a patient. Well not really. I am here to get tested to see if my kidney matches my friends who is dying," Madison said almost crying again.
"Oh, can I have the name of your friend?"
"Andrew Renning."
"Oh, yes let me go get his doctor. You can have a seat."
"Thank you," Madison said sitting in the chairs. Madison sat down and waited until she saw the nurse come back with a doctor and pointed towards her.
"Hi I'm Dr. Stine. You're here to get tested?"
"Yes.”
“Ok, come on and we'll go to a room and get this thing started," the doctor led her through several hallways and finally into an exam room.
"Ok, we just need you to fill out this paper work and then we will get started," Dr. Stine said handing her a clipboard. Madison quickly and carefully read through all the questions and answered all of them truthfully.
"Madison, that is a very pretty name. How do you and Drew know each other?"
"He's been my best friend since pre-school."
"I see. Well I am happy to see that his friends are coming in here to get tested to help him. You are about the 10th person besides his family that we have tested, but no one seems to match." The nurse drew blood from Madison's arm and then she was giving a physical exam to make sure she was in shape. After it was all done, they said that they test results would take about 4 days and that they would call her. She thanked them and then went back out to the limo. She didn't say a word the whole way back to Tampa where they would be catching their flight home. When they got home, Madison had seemed to return to her old self and Justin was sure glad to see that. When they got home Justin took Madison out on a picnic that night to a secluded part of her parent's estate, to help relax her. They were sitting on a blanket with Justin's back against a tree and Madison right in front of him. They were star gazing and Madison kept rubbing Justin behind his knees, until he picked her up and laid her down on the blanket. She was giggling but stopped when she looked into his eyes and saw pure lust. She brought her lips to his and he deepened the kiss. Madison started to pull on Justin's shirt and he helped her by and threw it next to them. Then Justin took Madison shirt off, but stopped her when she started going for his pants.
"Madi are you sure?"
"Yes Justin I want you more than anything in the world. I want to feel you inside me."
"Ok, but if I start to hurt you or you want to stop just say a word and I will." Madison nodded and continued to take his clothes off of him. Before they knew it they had made love and were now snuggled up in each other arms with the blanket around them looking up at the sky.

Back to index


Chapter 7: Endings

The next morning Justin and Madison headed to the company to get a few things. The two were in Madison’s office gathering papers and other things and did not hear anyone come in.
“Madison what are you doing here?”
“Its none of your business Derek. Now leave me alone,” Madison said giving him the evil eye.
”Who’s this, the new flavor of the week?” Derek asked motioning towards Justin.
“Flavor of the week? Is that the best you could come up with?” Justin asked stepping closer to him.
”Hey dude, don’t get mad at me if she lied to you.”
”Lied to me? What in the hell are you talking about?” Justin asked confused.
“About her boyfriends. I’m not the only one she’s been with.”
”Derek, why in the hell are you making shit up?” Madison asked.
“Madison honey, please keep you voice down,” her Father said entering her office and closing the door behind him.
”Dad, what are you doing here?” she asked.
”I heard you yelling and everyone was starting to get suspicious. What is going on?”
”Derek is telling lies to Justin.”
”I think you mean you are telling lies to Justin and your Father, isn’t that right Madison?”
”Madi, have you been telling lies?” her Father asked.
“Yeah Dad I have been. I lied to you about Derek. He’s the one who raped me,” Madison said with tears forming in her eyes.
”What?” her father asked, “Derek is this true, did you rape my daughter?”
”You know what? I ain’t gonna lie. I did, I raped her sorry ass and she deserved it. Prude little bitch! I only dated you so I could become a part of this company! I never loved you. I don’t see how anyone could love such a spoiled little bitch! And I almost had my hands on the whole damn thing, but you got in the way you slut!” Derek yelled.
”Diane call security now!” Robert yelled to her.
”Come here you little bitch, you don’t deserve…”
”Get your hands off my daughter now!” Robert yelled grabbing Derek, while Justin grabbed a now crying Madison. Security busted through the door and took a yelling Derek out of Madison’s office and down to the awaiting police car, where he was arrested.
“Madison honey are you ok?” her Father asked noticing her crying in Justin’s arms.
”I will be. Dad I’m so sorry for not telling you the truth. I just never wanted him to hurt Lindsey like he said he would. I’m sorry Dad,” Madison cried.
”Oh Madi, come here,” he said opening his arms, ”shhh…Madi, its ok. Everything is going to be fine. No one is going to touch you or your sister. I know that you were trying to protect her and I’m not mad honey,” he said soothing his daughter as she cried.
”Thank you Dad for coming in here,” Madison said kissing his cheek.
”You’re welcome. I’m just glad I got here in time. It looked like Justin was going to beat him up,” Robert laughed.
”No sir, I wouldn’t have done that here,“ Justin laughed.
“Justin why don’t you take Madison home to rest. I’ll take care of the paper work that needs to be done.”
”You mean you’ll have Mark or Linda finish it,” Madison laughed.
”Well that’s their job. They can handle it. Go home and spend some time with your Mom and Justin.”
”Ok, call me if you need anything Dad,” Madison said kissing his cheek once again.
”I will. Have a nice afternoon you two,” Robert called out to them as they got on the elevator. The two got to Madison’s house and went to her Mom’s room to check up on her.
”Hey Mom, how are you feeling?” Madison asked sitting on the bed.
”Hey, I’m doing ok. A little tired.”
”Would you like us to leave so you can get some rest?” Justin asked.
”No, no. Please stay I would love the company. Your Father called and told me what happened. Are you two ok?” Mary asked.
“Yeah Mom, we’re fine,“ Madison said smiling.
“Good. So Justin, how was performing at the Super Bowl the other night?” Mary asked turning to Justin sitting in the chair next to the bed.
”It was a rush. I don’t think I have ever felt that kind of energy before. It was really a privilege to be able to perform with Aerosmith,” Justin said getting giddy.
“Look Mom you made him all giddy,” Madison laughed.
”I’m very sorry Justin for the behavior of my oldest daughter.”
”Oh its quite alright Mrs. Smith, I’ve learned to ignore her comments,” Justin said causing Mary and him to laugh.
”Oh Justin, please call me Mary. No Mrs. Smith, it makes me feel old,” Mary said laughing. Two hours later the three were still telling stories and laughing together.
”Madison you need to go and pick your sister up from school,” Mary said noticing the time on the clock.
“Ok Mom, we’re going. Are you going to be alright?”
”Yes, I’m just going to take a nap, so please try and keep your sister under control ok?”
”Ok Mom,” Madison said giving her Mom a hug and kiss.
”Have a nice nap,” Justin said getting up out of his chair.
”Justin, come here for a second, please,” Mary said motioning towards the bed. Justin walked and sat down on the bed next to Mary who was in a lying position.
”Justin please take care of my little girl when I am gone. I know that she will be in good hands with you. I will be watching over her from heaven but she needs you to watch over her here on earth. Promise me Justin please?”
”I promise I will always look out for her,” Justin said hugging her.
“Hey J! You comin?” Madison asked through the intercom system, “the M Train is pullin out!” she said causing them all to laugh once more.
The next morning Madison took her Mom to the doctor’s office for her weekly appointment, while Justin took Lindsey to school. As they were sitting in the waiting room, Mary started having trouble breathing.
”Nurse, my Mom can’t breath!” Madison yelled getting up out of her chair. A nurse ran out immediately and took Mary to a room to put her on a ventilator. After she was stable enough, the nurse had her moved to the ICU of the hospital, which was just a building over.
”Dad, you need to get here to the hospital immediately. Mom stopped breathing and now she is on a ventilator,” Madison said crying into the phone.
”Madi, I’m on my way. Call Justin and have him bring Linds to the hospital too,” Robert said getting into his car.
”Ok, Dad, but please hurry. I think we’re losing her,” Madison said looking at her Mom and then hanging up her phone.
”Hello?” Justin asked.
”J, is Lindsey still with you?” Madison asked sniffling.
”No, I just dropped her off. Do I need to go back and get her? Madison, tell me what’s wrong babe?” Justin asked pulling into a parking lot.
”Justin you need to go and get Lindsey, my Mom isn’t doing so well. I think we’re losing her and Lindsey needs to be here.”
”Ok, I’m getting her and I will be there as soon as I can,” Justin said speeding back to Lindsey’s school.
”Mom, please hang in there. Dad and Lindsey will be here soon,” Madison said holding onto her Mother’s hand, “Why God? Why my Mom? She didn’t deserve this! No one does. Why do bad things happen to good people? Is this your way of punishing her for working too much? Well if it is, it sucks! I don’t understand! Why her? First my Mother and now you want to take my best friend too! Why two of the most important people in my life? Is taking Drew a punishment to me for not keeping in touch with him? What is going on? Why are you taking everyone from my life! I need these two people, like I need food and water. They are my everything and you are taking them! What do you need them for? You have your son with you, why can’t I keep my Mother!? She is too young to die! No one should have their life cut short, especially at 42 and 20!” Madison finished crying hysterically.
Robert stood outside his wife’s room watching his oldest daughter cry and talk to God. As soon as he saw her drop her head to the bed, he opened the door and went to console Madison. Shortly after Robert had arrived, Justin and Lindsey had made their way to the ICU. Justin and Madison saw the doctor coming towards them, so they decided to take Lindsey into see her Mom and to explain to the eight year old, what was going on.
”Lindsey, honey, come here,” Madison said patting her lap.
”Madi, what’s wrong with Mommy?” she asked sensing that something was wrong.
“Lindsey, do you remember when Mommy told you she was sick?” Madison asked waiting for Lindsey to answer.
”Yes.”
”Well Lindsey, she was really sick and Lindsey she is in pain. She needs to go and be with God. She won’t be in any more pain Lindsey if she goes, but if we try and keep her here, she will be. Do you understand what I am saying?” Madison asked.
”Yes, Mommy is going to sleep.” Lindsey said with tears in her eyes.
”Yes, Mom is going to go to sleep, but she isn’t going to wake up down here. She will wake up when she reaches heaven.”
”Mommy is dying?” Lindsey asked crying into her sister’s shoulder.
”Yes. I’m sorry Lindsey,” Madison said crying with her. Madison looked up at Justin almost forgetting he was there and saw him sitting in a chair across the room crying by himself.
”Linds, I think Justin needs a hug,” Madison whispered to her sister. Lindsey got off of Madison’s lap and walked over to where Justin was.
”Justin are you sad too?” Lindsey asked looking at him while he nodded his head, “Do you need a hug?” Lindsey asked sitting on his lap giving him a hug. Madison watched the two but was distracted when her Dad entered the room.
”Can you please give me a couple of minutes with her?” Robert asked.
”Sure Dad,” Madison said as the three walked out.
”Justin, can you please watch Lindsey while I make a phone call?”
”Yeah babe. Here take my cell,“ he said handing it to her.
“Thanks, I’ll be back soon.”
”Take your time, I’ll call you if something happens,” Justin reassured her. Madison walked down the hall and out the door of the hospital. She dialed that familiar phone number and waited for him to pick up.
”Hello?” Drew asked not sure who was calling him.
”Andrew, it’s me Madison.”
”Madi, what’s wrong?” Drew asked instantly knowing something was because she never called him Andrew.
“My Mom is in the hospital and she is dying. We went to her doctor’s appointment earlier today and she was having a hard time breathing. Drew I’m losing her,” Madison cried into the phone.
”Madi, calm down, I’m getting on the next flight up there, I promise. Let me call my Mom and have her do the travel arrangements and then I will call you back at this number, is that ok?”
”Yes, its Justin’s cell. I don’t have mine with me.”
“Ok, bye,” Drew said hanging up. Madison stood outside for a second until Justin’s phone started going off.
”Hello?”
”Madison, you need to get in here,” Justin said. Madison didn’t respond to his comment, she immediately closed the phone and ran inside. Madison made it into her Mother’s room just in time. Robert and Lindsey stood on one side of the bed crying and Madison on the other. Justin standing in the room felt awkward and started to leave.
”Justin, please stay with me,” Madison asked barely above a whisper. Justin walked to the side of the bed where Madison stood and put his arms around her, holding on to her tightly. As they stood there watching their Mary, the doctor came into the room.
”I have some bad news and some other news,” the doctor said looking at the faces in the room.
“The other news first, your Mom was recently tested to see if she matched for an organ donation. We have gotten those test results back and she is a match. Her kidney is cancer free so there is no problem taking it. The bad news is that she is not going to make it through the night. Therefore we need to take her kidney before it shuts down. I am very sorry to say, but you must say your last goodbyes now, because we are taking her to surgery in 20 minutes,” the doctor said and then walked out.
”No, she can’t leave now. She has to be here. Drew needs to say goodbye to her. No!” Madison cried into Justin’s shoulder.
”Mary, I love you so much. Please watch over all of us when you are in heaven,” Robert said as he kissed her forehead, “Lindsey…”
”I know Daddy. Goodbye Mommy. I promise to eat all of my veggies and listen to Madison and Daddy. I will miss you. I love you,” Lindsey said running to her Dad, who picked her up and took her outside.
”Hello?” Justin asked answering his phone.
“Justin, this is Drew. Can I please talk to Madison?”
”Madi, its Drew,” Justin said handing her his phone.
“Drew, she isn’t going to make through the night, “ Madison cried burying her head farther into Justin’s chest.
”Madison, I just found out that they might have found a donor. I have to stay here in Florida. Madison I know I promised I would be there, but Madison this could save my life and…”
”Drew of course I understand. I’ll be praying for you. I love you Drew.”
”I love you too Madison. I have to go, I have to get to the hospital. Bye,” Drew said hanging up the phone. Madison and Justin stood there for a few more minutes before the nurse came in to take Mary away.
“Goodbye Mary, thank you for everything, and I will forever keep my promise,” Justin said kissing her forehead.
“I love you Mom. I’m sorry for everything bad I have ever done. Please watch over all of us including Justin and Drew. Goodbye Mom,” Madison said kissing her cheek one last time. Madison and Justin walked out of the room and outside of the hospital where Madison broke down again.
~*~*~*A Week Later~*~*~
“Drew its so great to hear from you. How is the new kidney doing?” Madison asked as she sat down next to Justin.
“Its doing great. My body didn’t reject it so it’s all good!” he said smiling.
“I’m so happy you are doing better! So when can I come and visit?” Madison asked.
“Whenever you want to. But on one condition.”
“What’s that?”
”You have to bring Justin with you. I need someone to talk basketball with,” Drew laughed.
”I’ll see what I can do. I have to go pick up Lindsey from school, so I will talk to you later.”
”Yeah, I’ll call later. Hey Madison, before we hang up.”
”Yeah?”
”I was able to find out who my donor was.”
”Really? Who was it?”
”Your Mom,” Drew said with tears in his eyes.
”Are you serious?”
”Yes, they said she got tested the last day she was in for her check up. Madison did you know about this?”
”No, I didn’t even know she knew.”
”Well she did, so in a way she is still with us here on earth and in heaven watching over all of us,” Drew said getting tears in his eyes again.
“Yeah she is definitely an angel,” Madison said smiling at a picture of her Mom.

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.nsyncfiction.net/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1727