The Dance by Bassra


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


“Good morning my darlings” Lance said as Montana walked into the kitchen.

Montana smiled at Lance. “Good morning to you to!” Lance got up from the table and kissed Montana on the lips, before bending down to kiss her 22 week pregnant belly, also giving it a rub for good measure. “Only you could be still excited about our little girl.”

Lance embraced Montana in a hug, which she returned by turning her body sideways so she could get a better hold of him. “I know you love our little Arizona as much as I do.”

“Yeah, but you’re not the one throwing up and going to the toilet all the time!”

“I know, but you love it.”


Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared 'neath the stars alone
For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known that you'd ever say goodbye



It was just another day for Lance and Montana. They would have breakfast, get dressed and go to work. It was Montana’s last day at work. She would start her maternity leave tomorrow and leave the working up to Lance. As Montana walked down the hall, she paused at the doorway to the nursery. They were both excited by the news of the pregnancy that they finished the nursery in two weeks, and all it needed now was an occupant “ not too long now. Montana smiled, looked at her watch and silently cursed, “I’m running late!” She collected her thoughts and walked into the study. “I’m running late” she said as she walked closer to Lance.

“Well have a good day at work and see you tonight. Don’t forget we’ve got dinner with JC and Dallas at 7pm.” He replied before kissing her softly.

“7, got it. Love you baby.” She turned and walked for the door.

“Love you by two honey” Lance said and returned to his work.

Montana got into her car and headed to work “ the World Trade Centre.


And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance



Montana met her fellow co-worker at the coffee shop in the lobby.

“Woah girl, you were cutting it short.” Rachael said, handing Montana a regular cappuccino.

“I know,” Montana replied, taking a mouthful of the cappuccino, “it’s hard lugging around this extra weight” she said pointing to her stomach.

They headed for the elevators and pressed the up button. “Oh you poor thing, you try having triplets and then tell me what the weight feels like then.” The doors to the elevator opened and they stepped in, along with six other people.

“I forgot,” replied Montana, “ok, I’ll stop complaining if that’s what you want!” The doors closed and they were off.


Holding you I held everything
For a moment wasn't I a king
But if I'd only known how the king would fall
Hey who's to say you know I might have chanced it all



As soon as Montana sat down, the phones never stopped ringing, “Good morning Mr Brooks office, how may I help you?” The person on the other end started talking but Montana wasn’t listening.

Her focus was on the low flying plane out the window.


And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance



The faint ring of his mobile brought Lance out of his trance. He looked at the caller ID and saw it was JC.

“Hey JC, what’s up?” There was silence on the other end. Lance waited for a bit. “JC?”

“Turn on the news” was all that JC managed to say.

Confused, Lance got up and walked into the lounge room and found the remote. “What channel?” Lance asked, turning the TV on. There was no need for an answer. Lance dropped both the remote and mobile and just stared at the screen.


Yes my life is better left to chance
I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance



Lance looked at the empty boxes around him. He didn’t have the strength. He knew he had to. With all his courage the tears ran down his face as he opened the draw and pulled out a small yellow jumpsuit. He cried harder as he held it in his hands.

Drawing the strength from somewhere, he managed to fold it and place it in the box. His world was being packed into a box.

She’s gone.

They’re both gone.



Song: Garth Brooks The Dance


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki