Could It Be You by jaimielh


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


He had to find her. He ran to the park they always played basketball on, to the beach where they spent lots of their hours talking about any and everything. She was no where to be found. How could he have been so stupid? All this time he had spent looking for the woman of his dreams, when she was standing beside him the entire time.


Could it be you
I’ve been searching so hard to find
Tell me how could I have been so blind
You were here all the time
Could it be you
You never looked as good to me
As you looked tonight
It’s like I’ve seen you for the first time
Through a lover’s eyes

He remembered the look in her beautiful emerald eyes when he announced his engagement to Nicole. He never saw so much hurt and heartache before. He should be happy right? I mean he was marrying Nicole Harding. Her father was one of the wealthiest men in New York. The marriage meant a merger between his family and hers. His parents couldn’t be happier, yet his heart was aching. When he looked down at her and saw her face crumble into tears as she ran out the room he knew then and there he couldn’t go through with it.


How could it be
That I never knew
It’s always been you that I’ve been looking for
You were always right here by my side

Could it be you
The girl I’ve always had dreams about
The one I just can’t live without
Is it so tell me now
Could it be you

After the party, he sat down and calmly explained to his parents and Nicole and her family that he couldn’t marry her. He didn’t love her. Nicole’s eyes sparkled with tears as he spoke. He knew she really did love him, she had always loved him. No matter how much she loved him, she didn’t want him to marry her just for business reasons.

“Go to her.” Nicole smiled bravely.

He smiled gratefully to her, kissed her good-bye, and ran off to find the woman he loved more than anything.


Could it be you
The girl I’ve always had dreams about
The one I just can’t live without
Is it so tell me now
Could it be you

Can you imagine what it’s like
To always live without love
I need to have you in my life
I think I know that now

My open heart
Can make you a part
A part of this love that I’ve been keeping
And I might just give it all to you

Could it be you
The girl I’ve always had dreams about
The one I just can’t live without
Is it so tell me now

After searching everywhere he knew to search he headed to her best friends house, hoping she would know where she was. He pounded on the door. When it opened he saw Lance, one of his best friend’s who just happened to be her best friend’s fiancĂ©.

“Is Jaimie here? Have you seen her?”

“Whoa, slow down. What’s going on?”

“I have to find Athena, Lance. I’ve looked everywhere I know to look and I can’t find her.”

“You should talk to Jaimie.” Lance said as he opened the door to allow him in.

Jaimie walked into the living room, a sad expression on her face, “I knew you’d show up sooner or later.”

“Where is she Jaim? I have to find her.”

“Don’t you think she’s heard all she needed to hear tonight?”

“I’m not marrying Nicole. I couldn’t go through with it. I didn’t realize how much I loved her until the engagement was announced tonight and I saw how much it hurt her. That’s when I knew. I couldn’t marry Nicole. I have to be with Athena. She’s always been my best friend, I just keep denying what my heart felt. Please tell me it’s not too late Jaimie.”

Jaimie sighed heavily, she knew by the look in his eyes that he meant every word he said. She looked over at Lance who smiled supportively at her and nodded, “She’s at the train station. She’s going back home to Palm Beach to visit her family for a while.”

He threw his arms around her and hugged her tightly, “Thank you so much.” He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and was gone within seconds.

“Do you think I did the right thing?” Jaimie asked Lance as he pulled her into his arms.

“Of course I do. He loves her. I just hope he finds her in time.”

“So do I.” Jaimie sighed, letting herself get lost in Lance’s warm arms.

His eyes scanned the bus station, with no sign of her. He ran to the ticket counter, to try to find out if he was too late.

“Has the bus for Palm Beach already left?”

“It left about five minutes ago. We have anoth.....” she began to offer, but he was already gone out the door.

He sped off down the highway, praying he wouldn’t wreck or get pulled over before he could get to her. Finally he saw the taillights of the bus. He began to honk his horn loudly and motioned for the bus driver to pull over. Finally after a few miles the bus driver got annoyed and pulled over. He quickly got out of his car and ran onto the bus.

“What’s your problem guy?” the driver asked angrily.

He just ignored him as his eyes scanned the strange, confused faces of the passengers of the bus. Finally his eyes locked with hers. “Athena...” She quickly looked away, trying to hide her fresh tears. “Please listen to me.”

“Shouldn’t you be with Nicole? I mean she is your fiancĂ©.” she said through her tears.

“I should be with you.”

Athena looked at him, confusion mixed with her tears.

“I never should have agreed to marry Nicole. I’m not in love with her. I’m in love with someone else.”

“Who is it this time?” she asked bitterly.

“She’s the most beautiful woman in the world. When I’m with her I feel like I’m invincible. She loves me for me, and never tries to change me or mold me into the man she thinks I should be. She accepts me for who I am. She has the most beautiful emerald eyes, beautiful golden brown curls that falls just at her shoulder, the cutest freckles on her shoulders and nose. To me she’s breathtaking.”

Athena couldn’t help but smile to herself. Did she dare hope he really felt the same about her? “So, do I know her?”

“You know her very well. I love you Athena. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I’m sorry it took me so long to realize it. I was so stupid. Please forgive me. Please tell me it’s not too late for us.”

More tears streaked down her face, she wasn’t sure if she could risk believing him. “Are you sure I am what you want? You won’t leave me in two weeks and go back to Nicole? I couldn’t take that.”

“Oh Thena, I promise you I will never leave you. I don’t know how I could have gotten so lucky as to have fallen in love with my best friend. I have the best of both worlds.” he smiled hopefully at her. “Will you stay with me, please?” He held out his hand for her to take it. For a moment she just looked back and forth between his hand and his eyes, finally she cautiously laid her hand in his. He smiled and pulled her into his arms. “I love you Athena. I always will.”

“I love you too Justin. Now and forever.” she smiled up at him as he brushed his lips against hers. He knew as long as he had her to stand by his side everything would turn out okay. Their love would see them through anything.


Could it be you
The girl I’ve always had dreams about
The one I just can’t live without
Is it so tell me now

Every girl I meet
Though they might be sweet
They can’t compare to you
So I’ll search no more
What I’m looking for
I know..I’ve found in you

Could it be you
I’ve been searching so hard to find
Tell me how could I have been so blind
You were here all the time

Could it be you
The girl I’ve always had dreams about.....


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki