The thrill is gone by Chicana


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


¤~¤ Summer of '99 ¤~¤

"Oh I had such high hopes for you." I walked around the alley way watching him bleed before me. "Antonio. Baby. I knew you thought it was over but I am not going to ask you again. Where is Nicoli?" I asked through gritted teeth looking down at him, adjusting my thigh high boots. He reached up to block his face, shoving his hand away I grabbed his shirt. "Stop playing with me." I said groaning.

"I don't know." He choked out, standing up I left a swift kick land on his side. He moaned rolling towards me.

"Must we go through this. He has something I want. You know how to get to him." I threw my hands in the air in defeat. "This isn't over." He moaned rising to his knees.

"Oh. Poor sweet Antonio. It is." I turned my back to him, pulling the tiny silver string tucked under my watch. "Really over."

I turned looking at the ground he wasn't behind me anymore. "NO!" He yelled rushing at me with a two by four in his hand, taking a swing back, the force of the blow that landed on my stomach pushed me against the wall.

"HEY!" A male voice yelled, I watched as he ran towards me closing a cell phone in his hand. I looked up at Joey giving him a wicked sneer.

"Help me." I said softly clutching my waist giving the man that approached me a helpless look. "I called the police they're on their way." He said getting down next to me, I held onto him while he picked me up off the ground slowly.

"Let her go man. You're making a huge mistake." Joey said coming near us.

"He followed me out of the club, and I fought him off as long as I could." I said in a desperate voice.

"You asshole." The man said letting me go rushing quickly to Joey.

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" Joey yelled backing away, I pulled the gun from my side. The solid metal silencer on the end hid the shot blast. I could hear the soft groan of the man falling onto Joey before me was music to my ears.

"Men. Always want to be the hero." I said. Still holding my waist I walked over to the two men before me. Joey held onto the man as he slumped to the ground. "I'm so sorry." Joey said watching the man slowly die in his arms.

"Sorry?" I asked laughing softly. "You were always so good at this. Taking lives and not caring, now you feel remorse. No wonder you don't have the heart for this." I could hear the sirens get closer.

"That's my cue. We'll meet again, we always do." I smiled sweetly, turning down the dark alley way I ran away watching the lights at the other end grow brighter.

¤~¤ Summer 2005 ¤~¤
¤~¤ Joey's P.O.V. ¤~¤

"JOE!" JC yelled coming towards me. "Hey man." I said. I pulled the car door open. "UNCLE JC!" Brianna yelled, pulling from the confines of her car seat. "Hey pumpkin." JC said lifting her off the ground.

"Hey JC, what are you doing here?" Kelly asked coming around from behind the SUV.

"Nothing just here. I just got done having lunch with Eva." He said. The screams and laughter erupted from Brianna.

"Grab the bag baby." Kelly said closing the driver side door. "Got it." I said reaching into the back seat, small talk echoed behind me.

I looked up, the black boots hugging the small frame of a women caught my eye. I jumped up quickly hitting my head roughly on the opening to the car door.

"Joey." Kelly said behind me putting a gentle hand on my shoulder, I pushed her off moving to the back of the SUV. There she stood clear as day talking with another man, holding a cup of coffee in her hand. Dark sunglasses hid her face but it was her. I knew it. I could see the curve of her lips as they turned into a smile.

"Joe?" JC asked stepping next to me. "What's wrong?"

I stepped onto the street, looking both ways I crossed the street. She turned on her heel and started down the street, I moved quicker grabbing her arm.

"Hey." The guy said next to her, I pulled her away slowly trying not to draw attention to us.

"What are you doing here?" I asked my grip on her arm tighten feeling my blood begin to boil.

"Lovely family." She said looking past me to Kelly who stared at me from across the street. I looked back waving at her giving her a smile, I turned my attention back to Angela in front of me, pulling her into a tight hug I whispered.

"Don't come near my family. If you do I will hunt you down and kill you." I pulled away giving her the fake smile that had been used on a lot of fans over the years.

"It's not in you." She said smiling looking up her glasses at me she winked, I turned racing across the to JC, Brianna and the confused Kelly.

"Who was that?" Kelly asked as I stepped onto the curb. "A friend. Someone told me she had died. Obviously they were wrong." I said kissing Kelly, running my hands up and down her arms.

¤~¤ Later that night ¤~¤

"What do you mean we have to leave?" Kelly asked, watching me stuff toys into a duffel bag. "Look I can't explain right now. I need the two of you to be safe." I said stopping. I put my hand over my forehead, looking at her.

"Kelly, please. Don't question me, just do it." I said zipping the duffel bag up.

"What are you not telling me?" She asked holding onto my elbow. I could tell she was trying to put it all together with the little she had to go on. "Does it have something to do with that women today?"

I bit my lower lip lightly. "I was different, not horribly different. Just different. I did a lot of things, I had this job and I was good at it. I wasn't proud of it but I was good at it."

"Was it illegal?" She asked timidly, sitting on the bed. I shook my head sitting next to her, I looked out into the hallway watching Brianna run around playing with the baby pug Chris had gotten her for her birthday.

"I hurt a lot of people. I'm not proud of it. I have to end this, I just need the two of you safe and away from here so I can end it." I said standing up looking at my watch. The time was coming and I knew it.

"I'm not leaving." She said sternly being stubborn, I sighed.

"You can't stay here. I need you to be as far away from this house as you can be." I said.

"I-I love you." She whispered standing close to me.

"I love you too. Both of you, but I couldn't live with myself if something happened to either of you. So pack what you need and come back in the morning." I said pushing the duffel bag to her. I walked out into the hallway picking Brianna up in my arms holding her close she grasped my neck hugging me tightly.

¤~¤¤~¤

"Bye." I said leaning into the window kissing Kelly lightly on the lips.

"Call me." She said holding on my cheek, I shook my head yes.

"Promise." She added.

"I promise." I watched her shake her head, I waved to Brianna as she took off slowly down the driveway. I looked at my watch it was nearly 11:30 I turned and rushed back into the house. The quiet drove me crazy, I heard something ruffle lightly in the house.

"Lovely little girl. Still with Kelly I see." Angela voice rang through out the house vibrating softly off the walls.

"It ends tonight." I said pulling my black shirt off my body tossing it on the floor near the front door locking it behind me. I walked into the living room cracking my neck.

"Is that anyway to welcome an old friend?" Angela asked coming into the living room from the kitchen the click of her thigh high boots on the hardwood floor. I looked over to her, the long black coat hid her body.

"We're not friend's. I just want you out of my life." I said pulling my watch off my wrist.

"Oh really? I remember years ago, we were great together. I like the cover though. Nice wholesome guy from Brooklyn, the big oaf in a boyband. Happy go lucky. If something ever happened people would notice, but I can't wait around for this shit to die down." She said unbuttoning the coat slipping it off her slender arms and tossing it onto the couch.

"How do you want to die?" I asked.

"Always to the point, I loved that." She said softly, she moved over the plush white carpet next to me smiling. "Listen we can drop all this mellow drama, get past all this bullshit... if you come back. I miss having you around, I know you remember the fun we used to have." She said running her finger up my arm, I grabbed her hand quickly.

"I don't do that anymore. I don't kill people. After tonight, there is no one else. This will be behind me." I said letting her hand go.

"You can't run from you past." She said pulling a small vile out from between her breasts.

"I'm not running from it. I'm laying it to rest." I said setting the loaded gun onto the table.

"I prefer it slow, rough and hard. You remember." She said placing the bottle onto the table, looking at me all the while. Standing up quickly she kicked my legs out from under my body falling to the ground, the heel of her boot came down quickly to my face. I rolled over swiftly hearing the soft thud land into the carpet, I looked up jumping to my feet.

"Atleast your in shape." She said moving to me quickly landing a swift kick to my abdomen, I fell back against the table that held pictures of the family. Crashing onto the table, pictures went flying into the air smashing against the wall, the sound of glass breaking entered my mind as I opened my eyes watching Angela come towards me.

"This is to fucking easy." She said kicking my stomach. "Where's the god damn challenge?"

I rolled over feeling the glass cut into my body, looking down I could see the red marks through my white shirt. I stood quickly moving away from her, watching every move she made, she moved swiftly extending her arm in a punch. Grabbing her arm I pulled her close head butting her forehead pulling her down I kneed her chest, throwing her against the wall hearing the loud crack from her body. She sat up quickly rushing towards her, I watched as she grabbed the door stop and swung it back hitting the side of my head.

"FUCK!" I yelled falling onto the ground, she stood up using the wall for leverage. "Son of a bitch." I said holding my head.

"There's the Antonio I know." She said looking down at me, she walked around grabbing the phone from the table behind the couch. I watched her look at me a second as she picked up the vile on the table slipping it between her breasts she walked to me.

"It's over, that last swing is gonna come back, but to show you I'm not a bad sport, I'll let you keep that promise to Kelly. What's the number?" She said sitting down on my stomach.

I sighed deeply feeling the pressure of her body on mine. I softly told her the number waiting for it to ring I could hear Kelly's voice ring out.

"Joey? JOEY! WHAT'S WRONG!" She yelled I held back the tears knowing this would be the last time I would be able to talk to her.

"I-I love you Kelly. Everything you need to know is at the bank, in a safety deposit box under my name. You know where the key is." I said softly.

"JOEY WAIT!"

"Bye."

"JOEY!"

She took the phone back quickly grabbing the closet thing she could wiping down her prints, tossing it aside she stared at me. "Last chance..." She said putting her hands on my chest, she slithered up my body moving to one side, she threw her leg onto the other side. "just say the word, I'll get you the proper medical attention. You remember Nicoli?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat looking at her. "Like you said... it's not in me." I said softly the darkness creeping up slowly, she sighed softly.

"The thrill is gone... the thrill has gone away." She sang softly into my ear, the warm breath hit me in a flash. Her slender arms covered my neck craddling my face in her hand. "I'll make it quick." She whispered leaving a light kiss on my cheek, the glint from the cold metal she had pulled out of her boot shown in the light that was casted into the room by the window. She pressed the cold metal to my neck. "The thrill is gone baby." She pressed it into my neck, groanibg out I moved quickly digging the knife into my neck finishing the slit it crossed under my Adam's apple. I gasped for the air to enter my body but slowly moved into convulsions.

The blood sprayed out onto my clothes, my eyes rolling back to look at her smiling at me, gasping one last time.

¤~¤ Angela's P.O.V. ¤~¤

I watched his eyes roll into the back of his head. "POLICE!" A man yelled breaking the front door down, I looked at him givng him a sweet grin. "The difference between me and you Antonio, is I'm ready to die. But you, so much to live for... what a pity." I said putting my hand over his eyes closing them softly. "PUT IT DOWN!" The office in black yelled shining his flashlight at me, I stood up feeling the warm blood from Joey's body drip down my arms as I raised them rushing at the cop in front of me. The single gunshot was heard watching the firey blast from the gun time seemed to slow, the sudden jerk of my forehead falling back against Joey's body.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki