Plane Flight 540 by Bassra


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


“Boarding call for first class passengers on flight 540 to Orlando. Please make your way to gate 42.”

“Oh, that's me.” I said to my parents. It was my first flight overseas. I finished school last year, and I decided to travel to America; Orlando being the lucky place I get to visit. This was going to be one long flight. I currently live in Brisbane, Australia and I was leaving everything behind, except for the stuff that I packed with me in my three suitcases.

“Bye Rachael. Call us when you get there!” My teary eyed mum said.

“Mum, don't cry or you'll make me cry.” I said with a few tears coming to my eyes as I hugged her for the millionth time that day.

“Don't go talking to strangers and don't go walking alone at night.” My dad said, as any over-protective father would say.

“I'll be perfectly fine, don't worry about me.” I said as I gave him a hug.

I walked over to a few of my friends that came to see me off. “Oh my god, you are actually leaving, I thought you wouldn't really go.” One of my closest friends, Michelle said.

“Yep, I'm leaving. But I'll keep in touch with you all. You know me and my best friend the internet.” I said laughing. They all laughed with me. I hugged Michelle and walked over to Carla.

“You know if you meet anyone famous be sure to give them my number.” We both had another laugh together. By this stage I was really crying.

“Typical, I'm always somehow crying, whether it's over a story or a song. I'm such a cry baby.” I joked with the rest of them.

“Final boarding call for Flight 540 to Orlando at gate 42. Your plane is now boarding.”

“I better be going before it leaves with out me!” I gave everyone a last hug and boarded onto the plane.

“Hello Ms Jackson, my name is Matt and I would like to personally welcome and thank you for flying with United Airlines. Would you like to have a free up-grade to first class? Free of charge and you'll be served all first class meals, get all the treatment as well.” The air host said as soon as I walked onto the plane and handed him my ticket.

“Sure, why not.” Oh my god, it was the first time that I would have ever sat in first class.

Matt led me to my new seat. “Here you are Ms Jackson. I hope you enjoy the flight. Just feel free to ask for anything.” He said as I sat down. I smiled warmly back at him and he turned and headed back to where I walked on. I found my belt and buckled up.

I was seated on the window side and I was currently the only other person in first class at the moment. Five minutes later and the plane still hadn't taken off. I placed my head on the window and quickly fell asleep. I had been awake since early that morning, packing and making sure that I had everything and I wouldn't forget anything else.

When I woke, I looked out the window; the sun was setting and we were currently flying over water. I came to a realization that there was something heavy on my shoulder. I turned and looked and all I saw was browny blonde hair. I also felt something wet on my shoulder. I looked closer and said to myself, `Oh my god, someone who I don't even know, is asleep on my shoulder and DROOLING! This is disgusting!' Luckily enough he move his head to the other side of his chair and rested it on his right hand. I just noticed how big the drool patch was. At first I thought it was small, but I was really big. “This is so gross!” I said, quietly out loud.

“What is?” I heard a male voice say. I looked up and saw a head pop over from the seat directly in front of me.

I covered up the drool patch with my hand, but not touching it. “Umm, do you know this person I'm sitting next to?” I asked the male. He had short blonde hair with a dark re-growth and amazing green eyes.

“Yeah, what did he do?” I slowly took my hand away from my right shoulder and showed him the giant drool patch on my shoulder. “I'm gonna have to talk to that boy about drooling on other people's shoulders that he doesn't know. My name is Lance by the way, if you didn't already know that.”

“Hi Lance, my name is Rachael. Why would I know who you are?” I asked him

“Ever heard of *NSYNC?” He said. I slapped my forehead and felt my face burn. “I'm guessing you do.”

“I'm sorry, it didn't click. I can't believe JC drooled on me. That is so disgusting!”

“Usually someone would be freaking and getting really excited that he drooled on them. But I guess you're different.”

“I'm not an obsessive person, if that's what you're trying to say.”

“Well, you know what I mean. Are you gonna change your shirt or are you gonna let it dry?” He asked me.

“Well, I would change it but, my clothes happen to be locked away in the baggae compartment, and I sorta can't get to them if you know what I mean.” I said, holding my shirt off my shoulder.

“You can wear one of my shirts if you want to. I have a spare in my bag in the overhead compartment.” He said, pointing above him.

“If you don't mind, I would love another shirt.” I said. Lance stood up and unlocked the compartment and pulled out his bag. “You don't mind do you?” I asked him.

“It's the least I could do after JC drooled on you.” He said rummaging through his bag. He pulled out a green striped button up shirt. “It's the best I can do for you.”

I stood up and took it out of his hands. “Thanks.” I went to the toilets and got changed. I was nearly finished when I heard a knock on the door. “Yes?”

“Does it fit alright?” It was Lance on the other side.

“Other than the fact that it's a bit big, it's fine.” I said, looking at my reflection in the mirror. The shirt was huge on my frame. I unlocked the door and I ran into the unexpecting Lance. “Oops, sorry.” I said.

The plane went through a bit of turbulence. Lance grabbed me by the arms so I wouldn't fall over. “No, I'm sorry, it's my fault.” He said in his defense.

We made our way back to our own seats and sat down. “Hey Lance, got any magazines I can read?” A voice said from the other side of the plane.

“Umm,” Lance said as he looked about his seat, “no, sorry Joe, I ain't got any.”

“Kay.” He said back.

“Oh yeah Joe, this is Rachael. Rachael, this is Joey.” Lance said as he turned around once again to look at me.

Joey got up from where he was sitting and walked over to the empty seat next to Lance and put his knees on the chair so that he was facing me - the same as Lance. “Why hello Rachael.” He said, extending a hand.

“Hey Joey.” I said shaking his hand.

“That shirt looks familiar.” Joey stated, looking the shirt I was wearing, a cheap way to look me up and down.

“It would cause it's mine.” Lance said. Joey looked at Lance with a funny expression on his face. “A certain somebody, not mentioning any names like JC who's still sleeping there, drooled on Rachael's shoulder when he was sleeping on her.”

“You poor darling.” Joey said with sympathy.

“Joe, you're in my seat.” A voice boomed from behind the guys.

“Gees, sorry man.” Joey said getting off the seat and standing in the isle.

“Paul, can you do us a big favour and sit next to JC so that Rachael can sit there?” Lance asked the solid built guy out of the blue.

“No, I'm fine Lance.” I said.

“Excuse me Ms, you must be Rachael. My name is Paul and I'm hired by these guys. So that means that I have to do what I'm told. So, I have to sit there and you have to sit here.” Paul said extending his hand. When I shook his hand, his hand was about twice as big as my own.

“Fine.” I said, moving from the seat next to JC and to the seat next to Lance.

“That's so unfair. Why can she sit next to him and not me?” Joey said with a whinny voice.

“Cause Lance asked first, so I'm so sorry Joe, Lance gets first priority.” I said sarcastically and placing my hand on his shoulder. “Maybe next time.”

“You serious? You gotta promise, next time you sit next to me and not Lance. Okay?” He said.

“Promise.” I said.

For the whole of the flight, I was introduced to Justin and Chris and Max, the other body guard they had. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep with my head resting on Lance's shoulder and he too was asleep. His head was resting on mine.

“Oi, Chris, look at this. Look how perfect they are together.” Justin said as he looked at me and Lance fast asleep.

“Go take a photo of them.” Justin said. Joey got up and took a photo of us and sat back down.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Whatcha doing?” Lance asked me as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck.

“Just remembering when we first met, on the plane three years ago.” I said, looking at the photo of us sleeping - the one that Joey took.

“And what three lovely years we've had together.” Lance said. “Are you ready for tomorrow?”

“Ready as I'll ever be.” I said, turning in his arms and facing him. I wrapped my arms round his neck and kissed his nose.

“Just think,” He said, “by this time tomorrow afternoon, we'll be Mr and Mrs James and Rachael Bass. Got a nice ring to it, doesn't it?” He said.

“Yes it does.”


**The End**


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki